Ferrothorn (Uber Analysis)

you know, i have a move set that has been working for me quite well.

item= leftovers
-iron defense
-iron head
-protect
-leech seed
ev's= 252 hp/ 100 def/ 156 spA

i start this set by bringing out a drizzler, then send out ferro. doing this minimises fire damage, increasing its overall defences. iron defense is to counter any physical arrackers, and punish them severley for it. ive encounted many conkeldurr, and destroyed alot of themby just using iron defense 2-3 times, tnen seeding them.
ive also encountered alot of slow pokemon, such as shuckle, and used iron head to take care of them.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
In the Ubers metagame, Conkeldurr and Shuckle are both practically nonexistent. I can guarantee that Ferrothorn will be the slowest pokemon most players ever see. (Is this meant to be an OU set?) Also, did you mean to invest in Special Defense? Investing in SpA is pointless with this case. This set looks like complete set-up bait for lots of scary stuff.

In checks and counters you listed Pokemon that resist/take a hit from Ferrothorn's STABs, but I didn't see any Fighting types. Couldn't at least Conkeldurr switch in and take a hit, which it could definently survive thanks to that beefy Defense, then strike back next turn with a Mach Punch? (especially a Choice-Banded 'Durr)

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is an Ubers analysis, so you aren't going to be seeing any Conkledurr! Mentioning stuff like Fighting Arceus, Heracross, and other viable Fighting-types in Ubers doesn't hurt though.

I mean no offense dude, but nobody uses defense boosting moves like Iron Defense. Gyro Ball is better then Iron Head in almost every way since it's the slowest pokemon used frequently in ubers meaning it can't capitalize on the flinch chance and Gyro Ball will be way more powerful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)