FIFA 12

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Yoooo who got it? Its really really good, recommended and a must buy for any football fan out there.

Ultimate Team is as fun as always, and the career mode got a refreshing change that makes it more enjoyable now, as its way more realistic.

Also the change from rankings to seasons for online matches was real good, and the Support your Club feature is so hooking that it makes you keep getting on and on just so your club gets to the top of the league.

But anyways, what are your opinions of the game? Also anyone here do Ultimate Team? Its always good to trade between buddies and stuff, help each other with prices, etc.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Played it once at a friends and I'm going to buy it next week. Excellent game, I've played FIFA since I was like 7 in FIFA 04. Beautiful.

I really can't wait to use the new dribbling mechanics and shit to my advantage, I usually play pretty attacking style of play with lots of passing. Kind of like a faster paced Barcelona but with more skills down the wing.

So yeah, sexy ass game, and I'm going to buy it next week and get back to you on this.

p.s. Spurs are the best team :D

Im thinking about getting it, but im not sure if i want to put down the dough, fifa 11 is still good fun, are the changes big enough to make my purchase worthwhile?

I want to get it, but there are like 5 games I have to buy all soon, so I dunno if I'll drop the money on it.

I guess it'll still be Fifa 10 for me for the next while :<

I got it as soon as it came out.
It's Way better than Call Of Duty B Ops, I played it at my Uncles and The game is really cool I won at least two of my games at a quick match.
Is it better on Xbox or Ps3 ? I think Xbox is better.

I don't understand why people still pay full price for the new FIFA games every year. There are literally no real changes that they couldn't just patch into the old games. Of course, they won't do that because then they will lose all the money that the shovelware FIFA has become makes them.

I went and played it with a few of my friends at a place which is like an Arcade with real video games in which you pay per hour. We had a tournament even though none of us had never played it before. We played on the ps3, and I must say, it was really good. I have fifa 10, but this is quite an improvement on defense, where it is actually difficult, and offense isn't just cross and header like in fifa 10. We only had one problem, which was that the sprint button and shoot button changed between controllers, which really screwed around with our heads as we rotated. Has anyone else had that problem? since Im seriously considering buying it.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
if youre a very very casual fifa gamer, you can definitely get away with the older fifas, but if you are one of the peeps that love playing ultimate team and manager mode, its a must buy. the defense changes may not be liked by some but its an improvement in my opinion, too.

also i havent used a single team other than napoli in online games viva napoli

I buy Fifa every 2 years, so I got Fifa 10 last time, so I might as well get Fifa 12, but I still need to wait for the ridiculous price to go down, otherwise I wont have enough money for the shower of games (some of them) coming in October AND November

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
I got it for the Wii 'cos I'm such a pro. I saw it advertised at £28.98 on HMV and Amazon, but my mum decided to go to Game to buy it for £34 o_o

Yeah, it's pretty good but very different to PS3+Xbox versions. I'm currently doing manager mode (called 'Be A Manager' on Wii) as Swindon Town just 'cos Fifa 12 partly sponsor them and Paulo Di Canio is cool.

reyscarface

World Defender
been playing manager mode a shitload, after 2 days im now 5 seasons in.

this is my team so far (Napoli):

GK: Courtois (Gotten Season 5)
Def: Varane (S4), Hummels (S2), Britos
Mid: Maggio, Inler, Wilshere (S5), Piatti (S4)
Fw: Hamsik, Cavani, Lavezzi

Subs: ter Stegen (S1), Miranda (S2), Benedetti (S1), Diaby (S1), Cigarini, Lucas Piazon (S2), Wickham (S1)

i also got an offer once for hamsik which was like 125 million for him lol, his market price was 35 million so it was pretty ridiculous.

im addicted to this game, manager is way too fun... if you have a chance you should def get it

I got it for the Wii 'cos I'm such a pro. I saw it advertised at £28.98 on HMV and Amazon, but my mum decided to go to Game to buy it for £34 o_o

Yeah, it's pretty good but very different to PS3+Xbox versions. I'm currently doing manager mode (called 'Be A Manager' on Wii) as Swindon Town just 'cos Fifa 12 partly sponsor them and Paulo Di Canio is cool.
How is the wii version? Most sports games I've played have been screwed up beyond recognition by the wii and suck (with a couple exceptions), so I don't want to get it without prior review.

just bought it...started with oxford as per norm in career

money isnt an issue right now, but i think it will be later on, whats your main form of income rey?

new defense mechanics are gonna take some time to get used to, i still try and just run into the attacking players

reyscarface

World Defender
well napoli has a big starting budget, around 25 million iirc, which means i had no money problems and could just buy sell buy sell.

i dont have much experience with low teams but i think your best bet would be do the same but with players such as lucas piazon, who you can get for 2 million and can grow insanely if you play him.

the scout is chill too, has gotten me 2 potential 85-90 players so far.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Went to buy this today and it was sold out at the only games store near my campus. I am pretty shit hot on Fifa tbh. I'll be picking it up for PS3 some time next weekend. All the reviews so far seem promising. I'm so glad they've paid more attention to defending this time; it's a part of the game that's really been neglected by every sim since the sport arrived on consoles, and one of the most important.

How are people coping with the defensive changes online? Is it still possible to stick a quick wingback like Fabio at centre back over Ferdinand? I know a lot of players used to do things like that to deal with some of the more broken attacking mechanics.

I've been very critical of Fifa 11 and was hoping that Fifa 12 would be better, and to be honest I'm not entirely impressed.

Common AI errors that happen in Fifa 11 such as stupid defenders and goalkeepers continues in Fifa 12.If the other team has possession,the ball is passed to Messi and you are not yet controlling the defender closest to him, and yet the defender moves in the complete opposite direction of Messi, giving him a clear shot on goal..

The defending system isn't great but it's not bad either, it just takes some time to get used to. I've yet to play Career Mode and I'm not that good at Ultimate Team so I'm not going to play that any time soon, especially with the ridiculous prices I've seen recently for mediocre players.

Virtual Pro is much, much easier as you can customize the abilities of the CPU and the User, making it alot more helpful when you are trying to get certain accomplishments. After just 5 games, my VP is an 83 rated striker. This I like because Virtual Pro was very frustrating in previous Fifa games.

The slow pace of the games online can get frustrating, especially with more passes that are too soft and end up getting stolen by the other team. I've also noticed that, for me at least, the 4-3-3 is much better than any other formation in this Fifa release.

All in all, there are many things wrong with Fifa games, but it's still better than PES and always will be, and I'm sure I'll continue to play Fifa 12 until Fifa 13 comes out. I'm currently in Division 6, only 4 losses after about 35 games so far. So yeah, that's my rather long take on Fifa 12.

We only had one problem, which was that the sprint button and shoot button changed between controllers, which really screwed around with our heads as we rotated. Has anyone else had that problem? since Im seriously considering buying it.
change controller config in options. it's not difficult.

anyway i'm no gamer but i'm curious to see how good fifa 12 is. i was always more fond of pro evo up until pro evo 2010 (iirc?), since fifa seems to have finally got a hold of the fluid controls of pro evo 6.

reyscarface

World Defender
bumping this to see who else plays, i know me, sergio, nails, ifm and sweepage play it, but if anyone else does post here, im always looking for challenges :)

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm pretty big on my PS3 Fifa now. It's a staple of my Uni procrastination techniques and I regret leaving it at Uni over the easter already. I'm on PS3, so anyone with PSN should let me know sometime.

I played Fifa 10 at a friends the other night and.. wow. I used to complain about little bugs that annoyed me in 12, but now I went back and played that, it's pretty impressive the upgrades they've made in those two years with regards to dribbling, shooting, and of course defending. I for one, was so so happy to see the back of the "ball-seeking player missile" so you actually have to think a bit to defend now.

I know VERY little about all these football leagues...I know who Rinaldo and Messi are but that's generally the extent of my knowledge. I LOVE soccer though and watching the World Cup is basically the greatest thing ever to me when it comes so around.

So with that, should I get this game? Ive never played a FIFA before.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I know VERY little about all these football leagues...I know who Rinaldo and Messi are but that's generally the extent of my knowledge. I LOVE soccer though and watching the World Cup is basically the greatest thing ever to me when it comes so around.

So with that, should I get this game? Ive never played a FIFA before.
hehe

yeah i finally got it after ages of rey pestering me and it is so much better, i often have random defensive lapses which really piss me off so i still havent ventured outside of manager mode too much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)