Final Grades/GPA thread/School/University Discussion

Friends were almost to tears after paper 1. Apparently paper 2 was alot easier.

Fucking triangles. I hate them so much. SL Math test Paper 2 wasn't a cake walk, and there was a binomial distribution question that we didn't learn how to do, but apart from that, it was a good and fair test. I still think I scored a low 7 on that paper 2.

So, ready for Physics HL?
Absolutely not. In the past 2 years, we haven't learned anything in Physics. I don't know why I didn't switch out, but I guess I have the weekend to teach myself 2 years of Physics. Oh joy!

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Absolutely not. In the past 2 years, we haven't learned anything in Physics. I don't know why I didn't switch out, but I guess I have the weekend to teach myself 2 years of Physics. Oh joy!
Same, except I have to review only a year and a half's worth. My first physics teacher was one hell of a teacher. With his help, I can now do mechanics questions on the IB exam no sweat. He really drilled that stuff into my head. Same with Thermodynamics.

I wish I could say that about Waves, electricity, magnetism and relativity =/.

What options you doing?

Eraddd

One Pixel
Sorry for double posting, but I kinda had to post =/.

I've never felt so violated before in my life. Physics Paper 3 was just sigh. I lost around 15 marks in the Communications section. I hope relativity was okay. Hoping for a 5.

Paper 1 and 2 were fine. 6s in both most likely.

And time for more History.... fuck I hate exams. Monday to Wednesday 3 exams every day.

got all my grades today:

EAS 208 Dynamics: A
EAS 209 Mechanics of Solids: A-
EE 200 Electrical Engineering Concepts / Non-majors: B
MAE 376 Applied Math for Mechanical and Aerospace Engineers: A
CL 113 Myth and Religion in the Ancient World: A

so... 3.74 this semester. i got a 33% on my EE final because i forgot my calculator and then got points taken off for leaving things like pi as a coefficient. fuck
you got a 33% on your final and STILL finished with a B? that's incredible. anyways, straight As this semester (A- or higher) except for one B+. I also only got a single B last semester. woo-hoo!

Sorry for double posting, but I kinda had to post =/.

I've never felt so violated before in my life. Physics Paper 3 was just sigh. I lost around 15 marks in the Communications section. I hope relativity was okay. Hoping for a 5.

Paper 1 and 2 were fine. 6s in both most likely.

And time for more History.... fuck I hate exams. Monday to Wednesday 3 exams every day.
History was too easy.

And Physics, I don't feel confident about them. Like I said, I wasn't really taught. And I did relativity and Electromagnetic waves for my options. Relativity was easy, but the waves I didn't know sections about.

Sigh, who needs an IB diploma anyway?

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
APs:
Easy: US History, Physics Mechanics, Chemistry
Eh: English Language
OMG WTF WAS THAT: Physics Electricity and Magnetism.
Seriously, E+M was absolutely brutal. I was making shit up on half the questions. English Language was fine until I got to the last essay question and it was something so completely random that I still am not sure why anyone would write a prompt concerning it.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think that chemistry was as easy as everyone said it would be. I mean I didn't skip anything and was pretty solid on most of it but it definitely wasn't a cakewalk... I'm mainly talking about the first open-ended question when I say it was hard (fucking solubility equilibrium, no one cares).

I also took Psych yesterday. Everyone says it's super-easy. I don't think it was really easy. There was way too much reliability/validity questions for my taste. I was really wondering where all the abnormal psych questions were...

In other news, I confirmed my place in the Lehigh honors (Eckardt Scholars) program sunday... should be fun! I also did my housing stuff today :)

Who was saying Chem was going to be easy? I remember that one kicking my ass.

Also, Polis4rule, are you the guy who's going to Georgia Tech?

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Agreeing with UncleSam, I thought Physics E & M was pretty hard but Mechanics was pretty easy. Hoping for a 4 on E & M and 5 on Mechanics.

English Language and American Government were not too bad... 4-5 range there.

I'm just terrible at Calc so I think I only got a 3.

I'm glad the APs are over though.

Also, I have registered at Villanova so if anyone is going there / is already there let me know.

Eraddd

One Pixel
One more test left tomorrow.

I botched my essay for the Russian revolutions for Paper 3. The other two were pretty good. I just want a 5 in History.

Paper 1 for Chemistry SL was a joke. Paper 2 was a bit more difficult, but still easy. Everyone was pretty pissed afterwards however. I got out 30 minutes earlier than most so... =/. I'm a fast test taker.

Last paper for Chemistry tomorrow.

Lol@Darkie for taking HL Chemistry.

And I found out I'll be going to my local university because my parents backed out on sending me to Toronto/Waterloo/McGill. I have never been pissed so much before in my life. Trying to go to America to going to a backyard university. The cynicism developed in my life has never been so strong.

Edit: Oh and I'm also taking AP calculus AB on the 20th. I realized Math SL gives me credit, so I just wasted a hundred bucks in applying go figure =/

Took AP English Language and Composition today. I feel like I did well. On most of my multiple choice answers I got down to two, if I get most of those correctly, I feel like I'm in 5 range.

I just got a D in college physics. That really hurt, I was expecting a C.

Looks like my premed aspirations are over, along with a lot of anger from parents and ridicule from friends. Gonna be fun.

I could have failed, though.

Eraddd

One Pixel
I just got a D in college physics. That really hurt, I was expecting a C.

Looks like my premed aspirations are over, along with a lot of anger from parents and ridicule from friends. Gonna be fun.

I could have failed, though.
How badly does this affect your GPA?

Can't you make it up with a remedial course/ taking the same course for a higher mark/ taking a higher level class and getting a B+?

And I hope it's not. For your sake =/ That would really really suck.

How badly does this affect your GPA?

Can't you make it up with a remedial course/ taking the same course for a higher mark/ taking a higher level class and getting a B+?

And I hope it's not. For your sake =/ That would really really suck.
I had a 3.3 last semester.

My grades this semester...

Linguistics: B- (2.66, 3 credits)
Biology: C- (1.66, 2 credits)
Physics: D (1.00, 4 credits)
Humanities: B (3.00, 3 credits)

GPA averages out to...

I feel dreadful. That's my scholarship gone, and I've probably gotta transfer out. Where I'm going is anybody's guess.

One more test left tomorrow.

I botched my essay for the Russian revolutions for Paper 3. The other two were pretty good. I just want a 5 in History.

Paper 1 for Chemistry SL was a joke. Paper 2 was a bit more difficult, but still easy. Everyone was pretty pissed afterwards however. I got out 30 minutes earlier than most so... =/. I'm a fast test taker.

Last paper for Chemistry tomorrow.

Lol@Darkie for taking HL Chemistry.
history paper 3 was pretty easy. i answered a question about northern advantages in the us civil war, canada in world war i (which was my extended essay lollll), and socioeconomic effects of world war ii in one country in the americas.

in retrospect, chem wasn't thaaat bad. i only had doubts about 3-4 questions on paper 1. paper 2 was a little worse, but the questions i answered in paper 2 were about exactly what i randomly decided to study. nailed it. paper 3 will be a bitch though considering our teacher only really taught us one option and left us to our own for the other option.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I fininshed NCEA last year and yes NCEA really sucks. It does not even give you a propper qualification. Passed level 1 with merit and cause I was a smart cookie i did level 2 english at Level 1 and did level 3 English when I was Level 2. (Fuck I hate Shakespeare)
passed Level 3 before my last year so i had the option of kicking back and doing nothing for the year.

At university now and averaging B+ for my first year at university.
Anyway this is in New Zealand but whatever, it is still school.

Eraddd

One Pixel
history paper 3 was pretty easy. i answered a question about northern advantages in the us civil war, canada in world war i (which was my extended essay lollll), and socioeconomic effects of world war ii in one country in the americas.

in retrospect, chem wasn't thaaat bad. i only had doubts about 3-4 questions on paper 1. paper 2 was a little worse, but the questions i answered in paper 2 were about exactly what i randomly decided to study. nailed it. paper 3 will be a bitch though considering our teacher only really taught us one option and left us to our own for the other option.
I forgot that Treaty of Versaille counted as a post WWI treaty (Fail on my part) and had to write a shit essay on the Russian revolutions. Couldn't really analyse for most of my essay, so was mainly descriptive, and had some analysis in the end and some arguements on the fundamental differences.

Whatever, I just wanted to get out of the exam room.

Wrote about Alex II and his reforms. Wrote another one about collective security and how it failed completely. Just comnpletely trashed the idea of collective security and how appeasement failed in stopping Hitler.

And finally, we face paper 3 tomorrow morning. Bloody Analytical Chem.

Eraddd

One Pixel
well fuck

paper 3 was terrible :(
=/. Sucks. How hard was the med section?

Paper 3 for SL was a joke. Seriously. All we had to do was to name the effects of paracetamol, explain why aspirin was a mild analgesic, how morphine works, how penicillin works, and some random question on antacids that was basic as hell.

Analytical was also a joke. 3 questions.

American dude here.

Finals were this week for high school seniors. There were only really three classes I was worried about.

The first was my AP Calculus class. For obvious reasons, as AP classes are pretty hard and mathematics isn't one of my better areas in school. Luckily, the final focused mostly on basic integration and limits, none of the "volume of solids rotated around x-axis" stuff I had been expecting. Probably passed

The second was my Advanced History class, for pretty much the same reason as above - the teacher teaches it the local community college and uses the same lesson plan here as there - but also because I needed the credit to graduate. Got a B on the final, and considering I didn't study for it at all I'd say that was pretty good. Passed the class.

The last was Honors Physics and that's because the teacher neglected teaching us anything at all, and what she did teach us was...er, not correct. Some of the things we learned included the mass of gravity and that work equals negative one divided by the number of moles in a substance. Probably won't do well since the class ended up teaching itself.

I know for sure that I'm graduating since I have all the required classes, and I expect my GPA to stay around 3.4

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man wait 'til you have to write a Russian Revolution essay by a Russian prof who specializes in the Russian History =[ That went really bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)