NOC Fire and Ice Mafia: Fire and Ice tie, the village loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
You wanna know my thoughts? That DaLetterEl post and then your response to it looks like some sort of pre-planned bullshit between you and him, but the thing is your 10/10 acting wasnt rlly able to hide it all that well, AND you look like a gigantic tryhard mafia thats trying to look town. Lots of filler and stretching your points out unnecessarily to make yourself seem like you are contributing a lot when you really arent saying much of anything.

Also I dont like the fact that you tagged three people at the end of your post to try to then veer the discussion away from yourself and your post. It just looks like you responded to DLE to fufill your daily "Im gonna respond/nitpick my partners post to make it look like we arent together" quota. It also looks like you are tagging to try to gain momentum and lead by getting people to think you are village.

I know in these NOC mafias people are inclined to really get reads and discuss shit at great length, but you have to realize that sometimes you are gonna get these slam-dunk reads like this that make lynching for the day easy, and you need to be open to that fact. I will literally eat a shoe if I'm wrong about this. Too many scum flags are going off for me right now.

UncleSam and DLE clearly a mafia duo together, probably FIRE due to DLE weird wifom thing he did that makes you think "Well, hes clearly not going to say celever is FIRE mafia so as to get us to never consider hes FIRE for the rest of the game." That stuff is red flag city for me too

LYNCH UNCLESAM

Will literally eat a shoe if im wrong about this. Also ive officially ended the random voting session, thank me later

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
from TDG's op:

Setup
13 Players: 2 Fire Mafia, 2 Ice Mafia, 8 Villagers, 1 Doctor

Fire Mafia: ... Day Communication is prohibited.

Ice Mafia: ... Day Communication is prohibited.

since there was no night phase before the game began I am going to assume fire/ice had no opportunity to converse and plan a strategy, which is only fair so they can't go into the day knowing who to bus and how to play off each other.

BUT i had the same initial feeling as TIK honestly. it felt like a one-two punch where DLE and Sam both post something they've already planned. something about it felt staged, especially sam's response. like DLE's post was a joke and then Sam comes with this weird serious post that puts them at odds ?? idk, if they had been able to talk before the day began I would definitely see this as a mafia scumbuddy ploy. but the fact they couldn't plan it makes me not so sure DLE is scum but wary Sam is.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Good point on the communication thing. Depsite that huge oversight by me, UncleSam's post still seems really fake to me. And although they probably didnt have time to plan it, Im not gonna put it past a mafia partner to jump on a seemingly safe opportunity to play off of his partners post.

Im sticking with my vote for now. Ill have other thoughts on other people tomorrow.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ok, well if those who called me out earlier actually meant it clearly I was talking about accidentally having to double post. I got ninja'd, but just look at the timestamps...

I agree that US' behaviour seems kinda odd. However, this is also my first NOC game with him so I don't really know his town or scum metas. Maybe this is normal play for town US? Just extremely opportunistic and over the top...

It's also entirely possible that it is still a buss between DLE and US. They are both extremely capable players and US could well have just seen a good opportunity to buss his scummie there.

Also just pointing out that TIK is a strong town read for me rn. A mafia would have known about day chat being prohibited for sure, and while it could be WIFOM, it just doesn't look like that to me.

I'm going to stick with my lynch on Pokeguy because of this post:
Ok first I need to know why we think there's no inspector in the game?
I kinda find celever scummy too, being his mafia partner before, i can see him playing the same way.
Haunted Diamond judged that I was playing the same way from these three posts:
Ok, so 2 days is sorta obscenely short? Let's all be active and get extensions! \o/
Shit posted too early.

The Diabolic Gift how do we lynch other users? Is it just a basic Lynch PokeguyNXB?
RVS btw >_>
Yeah, you've been saying 2 everywhere...
It is entirely impossible to read a playstyle from those three generic posts. It seems like an excuse to bandwagon later on in the day since some votes were piling up on me. Call this OMGUS if you want but what I'm saying is true, I just don't know if it necessarily labels Pokeguy as scummy.

But it's Day 1 and we either have a 2 or 3 day deadline (I can't tell, OP still says 2 days, but host implied it's 3 in the thread) so we need to get some kind of lynch rolling. This is as good a lead as we're going to get today IMO. We don't even have much time to get someone to slip up.

Requesting Celever to stop distracting the town from a Lynch decision.

Clearly, Unclesam has done a slip up, and TIK has highlighted my thoughts on US's post pretty much. Although I currently don't agree with him on his other reads, I do feel that he has nailed US's scummy behavior that I observed from the post as well.

A) An overreaction to DLE's post, about DLE being the inspector.
B) His post was partly informative and partly fluff. But the fact that his post was entirely serious, and included unnecessary fluff, makes me believe that he is scummy.
C) He did try to start a discussion going for the town, but he was also trying to direct it in a specific way.
D) The most important scum tell in that post I think is, the 'maybe' para. It just appeared as though US is trying too hard to appear town.

Lynch UncleSam

P.S: Sorry you are scum in this US :/

===========

Day 1:

Votes:

Celever: PokeguyNXB
Da Letter El : Celever, UncleSam
UncleSam: Da Letter El
ButteredToast: Gale Wing Srock
acidphoenix: Celever, UncleSam
Hannah: acidphoenix
THE_IRON_...KENYAN?: UncleSam
Haunted Diamond: UncleSam

Lynch Targets:
UncleSam (5): THE_IRON_...KENYAN?, Da Letter El, Haunted Diamond, acidphoenix, Gale Wing Srock
PokeguyNXB (1): Celever
Da Letter El (1): UncleSam
Gale Wing Srock (1): ButteredToast

Celever

i am town
Requesting Celever to stop distracting the town from a Lynch decision.
I'm sorry, I didn't realise that sharing your thoughts was a negative thing in an NOC >_>.

I did share my thoughts on the lynch earlier, but to reiterate I haven't made my mind up with US. He could feasibly be scum, but the argument for him to be mafia seems to include a lot of assumptions. I'm not convinced enough to lynch him, but I'm not going to avidly defend him either.

I'm not convinced with this. Too much WIFOM
Could just be a village being overly cautious.
The tagging, is not that strange either. He tagged 3 people who had not posted when he made that post.

Time for storyline branching.

duddley do dud wubby wub

I'm going to stick with my lynch on Pokeguy because of this post:
Ok first I need to know why we think there's no inspector in the game?
I kinda find celever scummy too, being his mafia partner before, i can see him playing the same way.
Explain to me why did you decide to keep your lynch on Pokeguy because Haunted made a remark that is utterly irrelevant to the lynch.

Celever

i am town
I'm not convinced with this. Too much WIFOM
Could just be a village being overly cautious.
The tagging, is not that strange either. He tagged 3 people who had not posted when he made that post.

Time for storyline branching.

Explain to me why did you decide to keep your lynch on Pokeguy because Haunted made a remark that is utterly irrelevant to the lynch.

Because I got Pokeguy and Haunted Diamond mixed up.

Unlynch Pokeguy
Lynch Haunted Diamond

Also Celever, my point was that you didn't mention anything about US's lynch. But now that you have expressed your point, it is cool.
I agree that US' behaviour seems kinda odd. However, this is also my first NOC game with him so I don't really know his town or scum metas. Maybe this is normal play for town US? Just extremely opportunistic and over the top...

It's also entirely possible that it is still a buss between DLE and US. They are both extremely capable players and US could well have just seen a good opportunity to buss his scummie there.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lmao there is no fucking chance in hell that DLE would push a lynch on me that is now 1-2 votes from majority if he were town

In other news I got TIK posting which is something I didn't even think I was capable of so good for me.

Also I think that everyone is retarded if they really think that was staged because I don't think the mafia had a N0 to talk during?

Anyway at least I have people talking even if they aren't using their brains at all. I strongly suspect DLE and Yeti because whe I expect TIK to do dumb stuff those two 100% know better than to vote me in this situation.

I tagged literally everyone who hadn't posted and asked for their thoughts about me and DLE. How is this steering discussion towards them? It's forcing people to post while keeping discussion on myself/DLE which would be utterly retarded to do if I were mafia.

If anyone hammed this they are confirmed mafia and Yeti/DLE are highly likely mafia because there is no way they would try to force a lynch off of what was a strong town post (regardless of if the rest of you are smart enough to realize it/acknowledge it).

Also calling out haunted Diamond because he shamelessly bandwagoned when he should probably know better but I'm not confident enough in his play for that to not just be a dumb town move (se boat TIK is in basically).

I'm on a phone so if I missed anything I'll get to it when I'm on a computer.

Responses in bold.

Lmao there is no fucking chance in hell that DLE would push a lynch on me that is now 1-2 votes from majority if he were town
Agreed. I think DLE is also scummy, and if you're clear, a lynch on him tomorow is a fairly sound bet.

In other news I got TIK posting which is something I didn't even think I was capable of so good for me.
Good job I guess?

Also I think that everyone is retarded if they really think that was staged because I don't think the mafia had a N0 to talk during?

I don't think it was staged. I think that both of you are scummy, and that one of you being Fire and one of you being Ice is fairly likely.

Anyway at least I have people talking even if they aren't using their brains at all. I strongly suspect DLE and Yeti because whe I expect TIK to do dumb stuff those two 100% know better than to vote me in this situation.

I tagged literally everyone who hadn't posted and asked for their thoughts about me and DLE. How is this steering discussion towards them? It's forcing people to post while keeping discussion on myself/DLE which would be utterly retarded to do if I were , .

Generally (from Showdown maf) I've seen that when someone crafts a very specific defense based on how they're acting, they are scum, and are acting that way so they can use that defense.

If anyone hammed this they are confirmed mafia and Yeti/DLE are highly likely mafia because there is no way they would try to force a lynch off of what was a strong town post (regardless of if the rest of you are smart enough to realize it/acknowledge it).

Also calling out haunted Diamond because he shamelessly bandwagoned when he should probably know better but I'm not confident enough in his play for that to not just be a dumb town move (se boat TIK is in basically).
Frankly this entire vote is a bandwagon. The question is whether people are voting for it because they have reasoning, or because there's a wagon.

I'm on a phone so if I missed anything I'll get to it when I'm on a computer.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Alright I am at a computer now and can actually read things properly:
Firstly, Yeti did NOT vote for me and raised an intelligent point, so scratch the suspicion on her.

Secondly, Gale, Haunted, and Acidphoenix are all just shamelessly bandwagoning on the first opportunity, particularly Gale. This is massively scummy and if you look at his post it just reeks of him saying 'sorry I have to mislynch you US but I'm mafia and have no choice'.

Lynch Gale Wing SRock. Would not be against a Haunted or acidphoenix lynch either.

The lynch is currently at L-1. If anyone hammers it they confirm themselves as mafia if for no other reason than that they are destroying discussion on Day 1.

TIK is just plain wrong (and Yeti too): my post was not an overreaction, I clearly state that A. I didn't want the nooby players in this game to take him seriously and B. did not want DLE to be able to steer discussion towards the first nooby player to believe him. How the fuck is this me buddying DLE/steering discussion towards said nooby players/being even remotely anti-town?

I state clearly that I wanted to get discussion going based off of my response to DLE rather than him being able to steer things and that is what happened, it's just that TIK/others went full retard and the mafia saw a golden opportunity to hammer the vote and are now one vote short of it. Please read my posts carefully and think about what they accomplish before rushing to conclusions (particularly ones that are as off-base as that one).

DLE I am suspicious of because he ought to know that that is a massively pro-town post but I suspect that he just wanted to use the opportunity provided by Yeti/TIK's stupidity to force me to talk. However his play could easily be that of mafia DLE just going with the flow because he is now making no attempt to steer discussion as soon as people suspect a villager. Finally, he checks smogon often enough that he absolutely would've unvoted me in order to prevent a rushed majority if he were village.

To summarize:
Have given themselves away as almost certainly mafia: Gale Wing SRock, Haunted Diamond.
Maybe noob town but playing incredibly poorly/scummily: acidphoenix (Because he is the only one of the three shameless bandwagoners who might not know better)
Incredibly stupid: TIK
Somewhat pro-town thus far: Yeti, Cancerous, Celever

Good try mafia but I woke up a little earlier than usual so you didn't get the chance to buss me with literally the worst reasoning I've ever seen without me getting on you about it.

Seriously go back and read my post and you'll realize just how strongly pro-town it is.

Finally acidphoenix just posted and did not unvote when the lynch is at L-1 which is something a villager (especially someone who plays NOC on showdown apparently?) would 100% do. No one wants to lose the Day 1 discussion less than 50 posts and 24 hours in, and when you add in that it is for someone doing literally the best possible thing for the town (aka generating discussion about a wide variety of users, not shying away from talking about himself, and being bandwagoned by groups of people who should know better) it is obvious just how awful this lynch is.

Acidphoenix really wants me to flip so that his mafia can be rid of me. Sorry but you're still a vote short and when an actual villager gets online to unvote then you're going to lose your chance so unless you still have a scumbuddy to hammer it and stifle discussion then you won't get that chance!

UncleSam

Leading this village
Oh and in case it wasn't completely fucking obvious VILLAGERS UNVOTE JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YOU DON'T WANT TO HAMMER A LYNCH IN AN NOC THIS EARLY IN THE DAY AND ESPECIALLY NOT ON THE MOST PRO-TOWN PERSON THERE IS THUS FAR (outside of maybe Cancerous).

Celever

i am town
UncleSam, I think the reason why they said it was an overreaction is because the tone of your post is a bit IDK... aggressive somehow? I'm not sure, but it's a bit weird for early on Day 1. Obviously not grounds for a lynch at all, but I just wanted to clarify it a bit. I agree that the post was very pro-town.

Also:
acidphoenix said:
Generally (from Showdown maf) I've seen that when someone crafts a very specific defense based on how they're acting, they are scum, and are acting that way so they can use that defense.
This is incredibly flawed. The only way people can defend themselves is showing people why they are town based on their actions. Saying that doing so is scummy is... uh... wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)