NOC Fire and Ice Mafia: Fire and Ice tie, the village loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
I find that this sudden bandwagon is just based on an obvious joke. US was simply reacting to DLE's post so seriously for the purpose of comedy. But it's D1 and we have a mislynch, so what do i know?

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
I dont know if this is obvious to everyone, but the best move for the opposing mafia teams is to take each other out asap. No inspector, no risk of getting killed yourself, and it would allow you to look really pro-town without having to fake much of anything because you are actually being genuine in your scum hunting, which would give you good cred for later and make it harder for people to lynch you. The Doctor at this point is peanuts to the mafias, they are 100% going for each other today.

Im not gonna add anything more to this post read wise, because i want it to stand out so people really know this fact because I think its really important. I will add stuff later though

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
TIK you are mostly off-base on that. Let's say that village lynches one mafia (let's say Fire) today, two villagers die, and then the second Fire is lynched. According to you, that is the ideal scenario for the Ice mafia. However, the numbers at that point would be 7 villagers to 2 mafia, meaning the village can get two mislynches before even hitting an Ice mafia. This is horrible for the Ice mafia.

In other words the mafias need each other's kills so no, in fact they are not likely to be genuine pro-town early regardless. However, your point that just because someone championed a lynch on a mafia does not clear them of being in the opposing mafia is well-taken and needs to be kept in mind when sifting through results in later days.

Finally why are you not addressing either your continued vote on me nor the obviously scummy bandwagon that it created? You're posting non-sequiturs about random shit without contributing anything and are not discussing what is by far the most pertinent and important thing to have happened so far.

The less sense you make the more I'm going to assume it is purposeful and not just you being a buffoon.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Cancerous is a really good town read for me. I think hes the one I have faith in the most. He just feels like a townie who talks about the game, but isnt tryhard. Hes the guy I have faith in the most.

Yeti is another strong town read for me. Same reasons as Cancerous, really. First one to point out UncleSam's weird behavior, even before me.

I'd feel pretty stupid if we didnt lynch one of ButteredToast, Hannah, Haunted Diamond, or acidpheonix eventually. One or more of those is definitely scum, Im not willing to discard all of them to dumbtells, Id feel like an idiot if I did. The mafia teams are most likely a mix, really. I think we have 2-2 inexperienced/experienced mafia, or 1-3 or 3-1. Thats just how the math pans out on this really when you look at the player list.

I think UncleSam raises some really good points about acidpheonix with the L-1 thing. Someone experienced in NOCs and as a villager would definitely not lynch UncleSam so fast, even if its a slam-dunk (which i still think it is) Both of them would be good lynch targets.

So UncleSam is still talking about that DLE doomsday scenario in which he nabs some noob with his fake inspector claim and for some reason the entire village is paralyzed to stop it and the game instantly with a mafia win and Circus Maximus goes into 1000 years of darkness. And then using this bogeyman to insist that hes obviously town.

I like DaLetterEl, and I think the last mafia is either GaleWingSolrock or Celever. They give off that repeat your points without adding much themselves, GaleWingSolrock more than Celever in that regard.

One thing you should know about me is that im not the "Talk for 20 pages each day and try to cross examine every post and make big tl;dr posts to try to get a lynch" When I think I have enough good stuff to go on a lynch, I push it and do it, and I dont care if I turn out to be wrong because there will be 10s of millions of other smogon NOC games and frankly its more fun for me to play that way. A lot of the time i actually think the traditional method of playing these forum NOCs makes things pretty confusing and keeps the game at a molasses pace.

UncleSam, I clearly explained my reason for voting you. It was not a wagon that I jumped to. Explain why you think I am scum, and just don't tell I am scum as a reaction to me pointing out that you are one.

Clear scummy behavior: Calling someone out to be scum, while providing no reason whatsoever.

PokeguyNXB : why do you think that US's post is not scummy? And what do you find funny in the US's post that I mentioned?

TIK you are mostly off-base on that. Let's say that village lynches one mafia (let's say Fire) today, two villagers die, and then the second Fire is lynched. According to you, that is the ideal scenario for the Ice mafia. However, the numbers at that point would be 7 villagers to 2 mafia, meaning the village can get two mislynches before even hitting an Ice mafia. This is horrible for the Ice mafia.

Finally why are you not addressing either your continued vote on me nor the obviously scummy bandwagon that it created? You're posting non-sequiturs about random shit without contributing anything and are not discussing what is by far the most pertinent and important thing to have happened so far.

The less sense you make the more I'm going to assume it is purposeful and not just you being a buffoon.
What is the most important thing US? You are throwing shit at others for Lynching you. Demeaning people as noobs, but are not actually providing any reason to back your statements. TIK has mentioned his reason for voting you, and as you clearly said, the scums wouldn't be interested in voting you, as it would be bad for them.

Why are you contradicting yourself UncleSam?

Also, that analysis :o is clearly something that a scum would have figured out this early into the game.

unvote unclesam
This clearly proves two things. DLE is scum and US is scum.

Reasons:

1) We know that one of them is scum, from the way they have been posting.
2) As US mentioned, it is not in the mafia's best interests to vote each other off, since they could reduce the town's numbers before they go after each other. (This thought never came to me before US pointed it out)
3) Chances are DLE and Celever didn't think about it either, before they started posting sh8.
4) My suspicion is that Celever and US are on the same team. (Read through the posts and you will see why)
5) US wanted to save Celever and tried to direct the Lynch away to DLE or to anyone else with his Slip post.
6) Celever still thinks Pokeguy is a better Lynch over US, because? Pokeguy almost never defends himself.

So DLE understood that getting US lynched is not in their best interests, and so he unvoted without any reason.

I am okay for voting for Either DLE / UncleSam / Celever at this point. As definitely one or two of them are scums. Its a better Lynch than a Rand on Pokeguy for sure.

UncleSam, I think the reason why they said it was an overreaction is because the tone of your post is a bit IDK... aggressive somehow? I'm not sure, but it's a bit weird for early on Day 1. Obviously not grounds for a lynch at all, but I just wanted to clarify it a bit. I agree that the post was very pro-town.

Also:

This is incredibly flawed. The only way people can defend themselves is showing people why they are town based on their actions. Saying that doing so is scummy is... uh... wrong.
Oops, I was rushing my post(due to the aforementioned PS! mafia) and forgot a qualifier. I meant to add, obviously, as in, saying that their actions entirely prove they are town.

Anyway, since Gale really wants them lynched, and used mostly faulty logic,

Lynch Gale Wing Sroc

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Ok, UncleSam. I apologize. There is somebody in this game that is more of a slam dunk than you

Unvote UncleSam,

Vote Gale Wing Srock

I like DaLetterEl, and I think the last mafia is either GaleWingSolrock or Celever. They give off that repeat your points without adding much themselves, GaleWingSolrock more than Celever in that regard.
Refer to this for my reasoning.

Hes ramped it up x1000 in his last couple of posts in what made me suspicious of him. This is too scummy to ignore.

Acidphoenix if you are not dumb. Then mention why the logic I stated is faulty.

Also it makes no sense in me being the one who is trying to get them lynched. When I actually voted after you did.

Either you have switched off your brain and are just reacting to what people are saying. Or you are one of them.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'm really sorry guys for my inactivity but if you do lynch me lynch celver afterward because he just screams scum to me.
I wasn't talking about you. You've been posting. >_>

I was thinking more about someone like The Idiotic One

This clearly proves two things. DLE is scum and US is scum.
It proved DLE has some sense, lol.
Gale said:
Reasons:

1) We know that one of them is scum, from the way they have been posting.
No we don't.
2) As US mentioned, it is not in the mafia's best interests to vote each other off, since they could reduce the town's numbers before they go after each other. (This thought never came to me before US pointed it out)
This is only relevant if you assume both of them are scum. It doesn't actually point towards either of them being mafia.
3) Chances are DLE and Celever didn't think about it either, before they started posting sh8.
About the fact it's not in the mafia's best interests to vote each other off? How are any of mine and DLE's posts related to that fact at all?
4) My suspicion is that Celever and US are on the same team. (Read through the posts and you will see why)
I'm not scum and I don't think that US is either. You'll have to make a better case than "read their posts".
5) US wanted to save Celever and tried to direct the Lynch away to DLE or to anyone else with his Slip post.
No? Was I in danger?? What did he save me from? And his incredibly "scummy" post to you didn't even place a vote on DLE in it....
6) Celever still thinks Pokeguy is a better Lynch over US, because? Pokeguy almost never defends himself.
I'm voting for Haunted Diamond right now????????????????

So DLE understood that getting US lynched is not in their best interests, and so he unvoted without any reason.
Do you want US to be hammered a third of the way through Day 1?

I am okay for voting for Either DLE / UncleSam / Celever at this point. As definitely one or two of them are scums. Its a better Lynch than a Rand on Pokeguy for sure.
I think you need to look up the definition of "definitely". You're definitely using it wrong. :]

Lol, its funny. Brianless towns are worse team mates ever.

Anyways, Unlynch first. And just to hide your own stupidity, c/p the name you are lynching from somewhere.
I was trying to be polite, but seriously it's way too funny that you just tried to call the rest of us brainless. This is one of the worst lynches I've ever seen in all my time playing mafia, honestly.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Y'see, this is unfortunately how Gale plays when he is town. From what I know of his metas he's calmer when he's mafia. Do we want to use our Day 1 to policy lynch him? I'd rather not, but it doesn't seem like anyone is agreeing with my personal target of Haunted Diamond. :[

Also: The mafia's best play is to get ONE of the other maf dead and leave the other one alive until there's a closer margin, in my opinion. That way, there's still an extra villy kill per night, but when it's time to kill the other group, they only have to deal with one person.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN? if you can't read. Then you should try to atleast.
Requesting Celever to stop distracting the town from a Lynch decision.

Clearly, Unclesam has done a slip up, and TIK has highlighted my thoughts on US's post pretty much. Although I currently don't agree with him on his other reads, I do feel that he has nailed US's scummy behavior that I observed from the post as well.

A) An overreaction to DLE's post, about DLE being the inspector.
B) His post was partly informative and partly fluff. But the fact that his post was entirely serious, and included unnecessary fluff, makes me believe that he is scummy.
C) He did try to start a discussion going for the town, but he was also trying to direct it in a specific way.
D) The most important scum tell in that post I think is, the 'maybe' para. It just appeared as though US is trying too hard to appear town.

Lynch UncleSam
Don't give yourself too much credit for starting US's Lynch. If you hadn't done it, then someone would have.

READ the points A-B-C-D for my reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)