Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Also known as Goddess of Dawn, this game is going to be realesed
November 5th, 2007, for the Wii. Developed by Intelligent Systems,
this game is sure to be a smash hit. Here you will see Fire Emblem:
Radiant Dawn gameplay. To me it looks very similar to Path of Radiance,
but there may be many differences.

I was wondering what you thought about this game. Oh, and go here for
some info on Radiant Dawn. And in my sig is a game trailer for Radiant Dawn.

For those of you that don't know what Fire Emblem is(although I don't know why you'd be looking at this thread if you didn't) click here to watch a video that tells you what Fire Emblem is.

Discuss.

Goddamnit I was gonna make a Fire Emblem thread, the FE series is my favourite series of video games of all.

:'(

I'm greatly looking forward to Radiant Dawn's release, I've been doing my best to avoid spoilers but fucking IGN has a picture of Ike's new look on one of their landing pages, it pissed me the fuck off.

after seeing the full cinematic for the prologue i have to admit this has immediately leaped to my must have wii game, even more than brawl or SMG. its already shown to be a vast improvement over path of radiance, as one would see from the video i mentioned.

One of my primary games to get a wii for, this. Last time I checked, 43 chapters! Dunno about how many new characters are being put in though, there doesn't seem like a lot =[

Wow I'm glad somebody finally started this thread. I can't wait to try out 3rd promotion classes and finally kill that god damn Black Knight, because for whatever reason he survived, which should not have happened. On another note I'm glad they're making this the longest FE to date and having a huge character roster but I keep hearing on how theres to many who just suck, which is sad. Also Lucky Lucario that first link you put up doesn't work.

Path of Radiance was ok. Everything I wanted in Path of radiance looks like it's in Radiant Dawn. Looks like the wii is finally coming out with some great games. Metroid Prime, SSBB, And this are on my "must have" list.

I really like the added in animations of when they get into battle and if they kill the enemy. Also showing an hp bar on all characters is a great idea to. Crits look greatly improved as well. This game is going to blow PoR out of the water.

Heh, I was worried that I would have to make this thread eventually. :P Fire Emblem is one of my favorite game series, and I'm certainly looking forward to this. Even more so than Brawl. I hope there won't be spoilers in this thread, as I'm trying to avoid those right now. I've already been spoiled with a few key plot points from other forums, and I'm still pissed off about that...

I am hoping that this game is going to be wi-fi, where you can use the people you have in your story mode against other people. That would be sweet!

Or a wi-fi match where its like arena in GBA games with up to 4 players. That would make supports worth using this time.

If I were to get a Wii then I would buy this baby in an instant seeing as I'm a huge ass Fire Emblem fan. As it is though I am still enjoying every single of the other releases (except the NES ones and PoR because I haven't played those yet). I think I want to play PoR before playing this anyway, which is why I'm still not reading spoilers.

Seeing as how the Japanese version didn't have any sort of Wifi connectivity, I doubt the North American release will have it either. It doesn't matter to me though, as I hated the LA thing in the GBA games, and an actual map style versus mode wouldn't appeal to me either. I sometimes take forever to make my moves, and one turn could take like ten minutes...and that doesn't sound fun at all.

The newest NP did seem to imply that they were adding new cutscenes to the game however, which is something to look forward to. Also, they've added a mid-chapter save feature to the North American version, so you can save mid-battle, and if you lose for whatever reason, you can go back to that point instead of starting over the whole chapter. Those who've played FE4 will be familiar with this.

I'm totally psyched up for this. Seriously, it's 45 or so chapters, and 72 characters (If Wikipedia lied, then I'm killing someone).

A bit dissappointed that Ike is a Hero, then goes into a Vanguard, kinda wanted him to start as a Lord.

PoR References Below, Radiant Dawn Class-Stuff Below:

Actually using Sothe this time will be pretty fun, because it really sucked after I learned he actually couldn't Class Up (apparently Thief and Assassin were two different lines in PoR, and Volke was only pretending to be a Thief. Could've fooled me).

Is there actually a Lord-class this time around? Iirc, Miciah (or whats-her-face) goes to a Shaman, which means that Shaman must be better than the other games. Sothe is a Rogue, then Espion (whatever that is). Elincia is a Queen, which means that kings/queens will actually do something this time (Tibarn and Naseala don't count, they were Hawk/Crow). Mist is still a Cleric-person, and the Apostle is an Empress.

First, let me say that I love Fire Emblem. However, I'm a bit po'ed that they aren't porting a another Fire Emblem game to the GBA or DS. I enjoyed Path of Radiance, but I really liked the first Fire Emblem game in America, and the Sacred Stones (to a lesser extent). To me, there was something alluring about playing the games portably.

Yeah, for some reason, I was always wanting to play the portable Fire Emblem games. And when I played PoR, I just wanted to stop after a while unlike the handhelds where I never wanted to put down.

Nice, hadn't seen that trailer. Definitely a must buy for me. PoR was great, and I saw a few familiar faces. Also midbattle save sounds awesome.

Well they won't port anymore over to the GBA/DS is because there aren't any left "to" port over. Going to the DS is worthless as theres no point to the second screen. And if they were going to bring FE6 to the GBA they would have by now, although it would have meant taking a step back, which Nintendo never does. Also, the reason as to why its not as an enjoyable experience could be due to the fact that Fire Emblem doesn't present itself well as a console game, or feel like one. Thats how I see it at least.

I can't wait for this game to come out. 45 chapters? Wow I guess this will take quite a bit to complete then. Fire Emblem has so much replay in it ( I must of had at least 30+ playthoughs on my FE7 cart). I hope I can get that much and more out of Radiant Dawn.

I'm very curious about Micaiah. She's a Light Mage and a main lord (also my current avatar ^_^) I wonder what role she will play in Radiant Dawn.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Going to the DS is worthless as theres no point to the second screen.
hmmm.. I'm pretty sure they could find many uses for the 2nd screen.

Even if they didnt, it isnt like they need it to use the 2 screen feature to be a successful DS release.

I would definitely like another portable FE game.

my fav char from any videogame is Mia, obv. When I read the transfer data, I restarted my file on hard mode random just to try to max her out. I have her @ s rank swords, all max stats thanks to 8 hours of resetting and HP/luck boost items...... I plan to do A support rhys and B ilyana but I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm also undecided about her skills list for her 25 capacity:

vantage and nihil
vantage and adept/gamble/wrath/something else? and miracle/provoke/something else?

Micaiah, aside from her low speed cap, looks amazing. Esp her ridiculous mag/luk/res growths.

Almost good enough to make me want to buy a wii, but post N64 consoles just aren't worth the dough to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)