First ASB Team Tournament - Predictions Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because you didn't actually /do/ the predictions. If you want you can take your 2 CC back (I didn't count it for the prizes) but unfortunately it's too late to do the predictions. Same goes for the other two who signed up but didn't predict.

Yeah I'm also seeing the Star Gazers being a little bit underestimated. I think we should be little closer to the SATs, but its irrelevant now. I'll be sure to make 25 of you get one wrong.

(31) Order's Requiem vs. Bye (2)
I respect the two people that voted Bye.. Thats all I can say.

(7) Team jassmashpwn vs. Those Three Guys Who Used To Scramble (26)
Again, this should be closer. Jas is known to be a good battler (He's a gym leader), smash is a veteran, and Pwnemon is also very good, although I think Scramble has better trained mons, so that turned people off of JSP.

(31) Darkwing's Ducks vs. The Cookie Crisp Corgis (2)
Really???? This was the second largest blowout. Honestly, all of the battlers on Cookie Crisp are experienced, and all three of them have a shot. I think I voted for Darkwing, but still.

(29) Team Plasma vs. The Harbingers (4)
Team Plasma does have better matchups, but both teams are very, very experienced, have mons with great movepools, and know how to play the game. An "upset" could easily occur.

(3) The ASB Heavies vs. The Carnivorous Apples (30)
Sorry Heavies, but the Apples have an advantage. Good Luck..

(8) Soldiers of Gaia vs. The Mysterious Masqueraders (25)
This was the matchup I probably had the most trouble with. While the Masqueraders may have more experience, King Serperior has some pokemon that can wall LS's team (Gyarados) and do massive damage to it, and Maxim vs. Glacier should be interesting. I look forward to the results of this one.

(0) The Jacks of Peril vs. Cruel Britannia (33)
I hope Jacks of Peril wins, because if we win and they don't, we'll just get crushed by Cruel Britannica. I don't think Bye should have gotten more votes than Jacks, but it is what it is.

(8) The Star Gazers vs. The Dreaded SAT's (25)
While I may be biased, I think the Star Gazers have a better matchup than many of you think. Mr.L is a great triples battler, and Waterwarrior seems to be off to a good start in his battle. I may not be that great at battling, but I have a good matchup against Temp, albeit an unfortunate starting matchup. Not sure as to who will end up advancing..

Stratos

Banned deucer.
so are Smash and I (and if random.org decides not to be a fuck, jas too!)

EDIT: just noticed the closest prediction is 25 to 8, apparently all of these matches seem pretty unfair to people?

(7) Team jassmashpwn vs. Those Three Guys Who Used To Scramble (26)
I think this gap isn't entirely fair, but it is easily explainable. While all jassmashpwn members have a fair chance of winning their battles, it is unlikely that they get a majority wins against slightly stronger opponents.
(31) Darkwing's Ducks vs. The Cookie Crisp Corgis (2)
See my explanation for above. I am personally not to sure, and it will really come down to the wire in most of the matches, including my own, as both EndQuote and I have very deadly weapons against the other's team.
(29) Team Plasma vs. The Harbingers (4)
Same as the last two. Harbringers have a shot, but a majority wins against slightly stronger players is unlikely. I did vote for them though.
(3) The ASB Heavies vs. The Carnivorous Apples (30)
Quagsires killed their chances.
(8) Soldiers of Gaia vs. The Mysterious Masqueraders (25)
I don't see why this was such a blowout. If anything, Soldiers of Gaia have minor advantages in most of their matches.
Yeah. This was expected.
(8) The Star Gazers vs. The Dreaded SAT's (25)
Hmm. I don't see how the SAT's have such a tremendous advantage here. I think that this will be close, and niether is really that much better than the other.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
typon77 said:
I hope Jacks of Peril wins, because if we win and they don't, we'll just get crushed by Cruel Britannica.
By the power of the Encyclopedia!

Alright, with Round 1 over it's time to reveal the results of predictions! The sheet is here if people want to double-check the results. Here's the standings for the round!

T1) Dummy007 - 6 points, 6W/2L
MrL
- 6 points, 6W/2L

T3)
Rediamond - 5 points, 5W/3L
EndQuote - 5 points, 5W/3L

Argetlam
- 5 points, 5W/3L
Destiny Warrior
- 5 points, 5W/3L

T7)
typon77 - 4 points, 4W/4L
Alchemator
- 4 points, 4W/4L
SubwayJ
- 4 points, 4W/4L
jas61292 - 4 points, 4W/4L
Engineer Pikachu
- 4 points, 4W/4L
deadfox081
- 4 points, 4W/4L
Quagsires
- 4 points, 4W/4L
Its_A_Random
- 4 points, 4W/4L
smashlloyd20
- 4 points, 4W/4L
zarator
- 4 points, 4W/4L
The Royal Guard
- 4 points, 4W/4L
Gerard - 4 points, 4W/4L

T19) Flamestrike - 3 points, 3W/5L
Dogfish44 - 3 points, 3W/5L
Son_Of_Shadoo - 3 points, 3W/5L
LouisCyphre - 3 points, 3W/5L
Lady Salamence - 3 points, 3W/5L
Ragnarokalex - 3 points, 3W/5L

Kaxtar
- 3 points, 3W/5L
Texas Cloverleaf
- 3 points, 3W/5L
Tortferngatr
- 3 points, 3W/5L
Glacier Knight
- 3 points, 3W/5L
MrcRanger97
- 3 points, 3W/5L
Lord Jesseus
- 3 points, 3W/5L
C$FP - 3 points, 3W/5L
Metal Bagon
- 3 points, 3W/5L
Athenodoros
- 3 points, 3W/5L

Will post soon with the Round 2 predictions form! Stay tuned!

Double-posting because it's time for Round 2 predictions! Here's the form; have at it! Predictions will close when the round starts sometime this weekend, so get them in quick! Also, keep in mind that each prediction this round is worth 2 points!

Triple posting like a pro! With matchups now posted, I'm going to set a rough deadline of 48 hours from this post for those of you who haven't yet predicted to get your predictions in! I'll try to send out some reminders but I make no promises, and if I decide to post the results and you haven't predicted yet, well too bad!

Hmm... well I wanted this to be up a lot earlier, but I'm still missing ~10 predictions and I don't really feel like dealing with it right now anyway. So I'm extending predictions till Monday. Not going to give a specific time because tbh I have no idea when I'll do it. It'll be on Monday though, so those of you who haven't predicted (I'll be sending prodding PMs shortly), get to it!

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Seeing that the predictions data has been all but lost, and that my lack of access to google docs meant that I sent all my predictions to flame personally and thus will be messy to verify, I would like to ask for a 2 CC refund.

Thank you in advance.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Given Flame has vanished & no one can access the predictions sheet, I hereby declare this Predictions Tourney to be Null & Void.

Everyone who entered the Predictions Tourney gets their 2 CC Back.

Cheers!
Its_A_Random

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)