First BW OU team, please rate for INFINITE METAPHORICAL LUVDISKS

Hey guys, thanks to anyone who views this post, applies corrective criticism, or causes a contagious gaggle of excitement. Here is my first BW OU team ever. I will include commentary on controversial moves ;)

Heatran- Timid- Flash Fire- Shuca Berry- 252 SpA/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
-Stealth Rock
-Earth Power
-Flamethrower
-Hidden Power Grass

Pretty basic lead really, not much to be said.

Gyarados- Jolly- Intimidate- Life Orb- 252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang

I prefer ice fang over a dragon move like d claw or outrage because it hits 4x sa to most dragon types and id physical as compared to ice beam. Plus not many people expect it. But since Haxorus is not 4x sa to ice, it leaves that a little open :/ but chomp covers well

Garchomp- Adamant- Sand Veil- Choice Band- 252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail

I like running the choice band because it can really power through a team without steel (not included or already KO'd) with outrage, even though you get locked in and confused. Dragon claw is helpful but I don't use it that often. Eq is just generally good, and Aqua tail provides really good coverage, but it replaces stone edge.

Flygon- Jolly- Levitate- Choice Scarf- 252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
-Outrage
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-U-Turn

Scarfed flygon really helps get me out of some close calls, and outrage is really good for a SURE revenge kill on a non scarfed dragon thats setting up (assuming he hasn't gotten in a shitload of dragon dances first). Stone edge and earthquake do the same and are pretty consistent moves with ok coverage. And u-turn helps me speedily test their playstyle and a semi-free switch.

Froslass- Timid- Cursed Body- Choice Scarf- 252 SpA/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
-Ice beam
-Thunderbolt
-Shadowball
-Trick

Shadowball happens to be one of my ONLY ghost psychic counters, and trick is very good for taking out a baton passer, bulk up conkeldurr, and so on... The rest is pretty self explanatory.

Hitmontop- Adamant- Technician- Lum Berry- 252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
-Aerial Ace
-Mach Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Rapid Spin

This is by far the most controversial pokemon on my team, but it fares well. Aerial Ace is good coverage for a fighting pokemon, but the rest are quick. Mach punch is a a good revenge kill with priority and boosted power from technician, but it doesn't counter excadrill as well as it should :/. Sucker punch is good to catch people off guard, as well as somewhat countering its psychic weakness. And rapid spin is, well...... rapid spin.

Thanks for viewing my team, and don't hold back on the criticism :)

You're going to want to buff the explinations. Mods will lock the thread.

@team: You're carrying 2 Dragon/Grounds, = fast ice beams kill 2 parts of your team. Flygon isnt very useful, Drop it for a Choice band Scizor.
Adamant 240HP.252atk.16speed
~Bullet Punch
~U-turn
~SuperPower
~Pursuit/Quick attack

It keeps a powerful revenge killer that can help deal with Reunc and Lati@s. plus it and heatran work really well together.
Shuca berry is outclassed by Air Balloon at this point. Air Balloon leaves you immune to ground attacks, vs taking only x2. Granted its only until you're hit, but shuca limits ground attacks to a 2HKO at best anyways. If you're not going to use Lava Plume, use Fire Blast on it. The accuracy might seem bleh, but Flamethrower turns a lot of OHKO's into 2 hkos. If you miss, you dont lose out on much. If accuracy bugs you that much, Lava Plume is a better choice for burn chance.

Ok, thanks on both. This is my first team so I really don't know the information as well as I would like to buff up the commentary without looking completely stupid, but I will keep that in mind thank you.

I like the idea of the Scizor because Flygon really doesn't pack a punch to be that successful on my team. And with bullet punch and taking the space of scarfed flygon I feel pursuit is the better option for me.

As far as Heatran, my friend is a major accuracy whore and he bitched at me for half an hour to switch fire blast (my original option) for flamethrower. Also, based on getting OHKO every time it comes out exept taking a weaker pokemons eq makes me feel kind of dumb for not considering Air Balloon earlier.

Thank you. Your help has been insurmountable

Hitmontop should have foresight as it can hit any spin blockers with rapid spin I would get rod of sucker punch as Mach punch does the same thing. Choice band/scarf scizor will work instead of flygon. Froslass could be also lay spikes as they can't be spun away as well as being able to set a parafusion with ice beam the spare move. I hope I've helped somewhat. Good luck with your team. <(^_^)>

Remember Quick attack gives better coverage on things that resist Bullet punch. Gyarados and other Water types come to mind. And be careful switching into TTars before you know its set. Many of them are bulky and have a fire blast to OHKO after BP fails to KO.

I still say Lava plume will be more useful than Flamethrower, if you're not gonna run fire blast.

Gyarados can benifit from Taunt, to let it set up on a few of its counters, like Skarmory and other bulky physical walls.

As far as bulking explinations, just explain how you use each mon and what it offers to the team: Here's one of my RMT's to give you a skeleton of what to do. I ramble a lot, and im sure there are better examples, but I dont feel like looking through RMT's to find you one. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103891

Also, consider running Frosslass in the primary lead position, switching to Heatran as necessary. Trick leads are uncommon and can really fuck over an opposing team.

If you're running Hitmontop as a counter to Drill, you're better off using Conkledurr, as his Mach will OHKO all varients and keeps typing. Of course you're losing spin support in this case.

@Wacky, I dont see any reason why foresight should be used of sucker punch. sucker punch hits all ghosts for SE damage, as well as dealing with Psychic types, like Lati@s and Reunc, who try and take the type advantage. Foresight gives you the ability to rapid spin spin blocks, but sucker punch lets you *kill* them.

I understand what you mean but it depends on what you want to use him for spinning or killing but if your worried about psychics keep it and that but either priority I think should go.

Honestly, I cannot see the point of Froslass, Gyrados, Hitmontop and Flygon on your team. I am simply listing other alternatives you can use.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Modest
Levitate
252 SpA/128 HP/128 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Will O Wisp
-Pain Split

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid
Levitate
252 Spe/252 SpA/4 Def
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fire
-Focus Blast

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Timid
Volt Absorb
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Change
-Hidden Power Ice
-Shadow Ball

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant
Technician
240 HP/252 Atk/16 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance
-Superpower/U-Turn
-Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid
Natural Cure
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
-Rapid Spin/Psychic
-Recover/Psychic
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Hidden Power Fire

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant
Inner Focus
252 Spe/252 Atk/ 4 HP
-Hi Jump Kick
-Crunch
-Extreme Speed
-Swords Dance

By the way, it seems your team is filled with sweepers, you need some supports or tanks. Some good ones include Vaporean, Ferrothorn, Blissey, Jellicent, Rotom-W, etc.

Instead of hitmontop, i was thinking maybe a bulk up or sub punch conkeldurr and both mach punch counter excadrill: Adamant Iron Fists Life Orb, 252 Atk, 252 Hp, 4 Def
-Mach Punch -Mach Punch
-Substitute or -Bulk Up
-Focus Punch/ S.E. -Drain Punch
-Earthquake -Earthquake

And I have decided to go with the aforementioned Scizor from Methmite...
@team: You're carrying 2 Dragon/Grounds, = fast ice beams kill 2 parts of your team. Flygon isnt very useful, Drop it for a Choice band Scizor.
Adamant 240HP.252atk.16speed
~Bullet Punch
~U-turn
~SuperPower
~Pursuit/Quick attack
But EpicHigh you are not forgotten, I like your ideas and might also try your Scizor in its place. And I am thinking about replacing Gyarados with a Baton pass Vaporeon or a Mixed wall Jellicent. I have a rough outline for both, but i might not even use it if Gyarados is too valuable. But im accepting to ideas for either way.

And I've decided to run the trick Froslass as a lead, but i might replace thunderbolt with spikes (thanks wacky tabaky)

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
for bulk up roobushin the set is

@leftovers
adamant/brave
120hp/252atk/136 spdef
-bulk up
-mach punch
-drain punch
-stone edge / payback (use brave with payback)
ivs:0 spe if payback is used

also for the sub punch set its sub punch/ mach punch/stone edge/payback

eq is not really ever used for conkeldurr unless its a guts set and even then its not as useful besides getting the toxicroak that walls ur set otherwise

Ok thanks, again, this is my first team so you guys are really great. I appreciate every bit of help from all of you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)