First BW Team! Please Help!

Alright guys this is my first team that I've made for the new Generation and I was just looking for a few ratings/suggestions before I go ahead and use it. So without any more reading, here's my team at a glance:

Now a closer look:

Crobat (lead) @ Black Sludge
Nature: Jolly (+Spe -SAtk)
EVs: 104 HP/252 Atk/ 8 Def/ 144 Spe
Ability: Inner Focus
Move 1: U-Turn
Move 2: Taunt
Move 3: Hypnosis
Move 4: Brave Bird

Comments: One of the best anti-leads in the game, a really good counter to Machamp and breloom, while just taunting any lead that thinks it can set up, as well as the obvious inner focus to block the fake out, this is one of my favorite pokes to start off with. I'm a bit torn on the confuse ray on this set, so give me some suggestions. I probably should have gone jolly to possibly outspeed aerodactyl leads, but with my adamant nature, Brave Bird 2HKOs alot of other leads that I havent mentioned.

Tyranitar@ Life orb
Nature: Jolly (+Speed -SAtk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Sand Stream
Move 1: Crunch
Move 2: Stone Edge
Move 3: Earthquake
Move 4: ThunderFang

Comments: A really good sweeper after about 2-4 Ninjask Speed boosts, this set lets me get both stabs out of Ttar, as well as an Earthquake and just about the only Electric move on my team (which, probably isn't the best thing), but with the speed boosts, it can outrun the likes of starmie and Thunderus, and OHKO with the Life orb Bonus. Plus without the need to set up on his own, you get an extra slot for more coverage.

Hydreigon@ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid (+Spe -Atk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Levitate
Move 1: Flamethrower
Move 2: Draco Meteor
Move 3: Focus Blast
Move 4: Surf

Comments: My Special Sweeper, this set with the Scarf coupled with the Large amount of coverage gained as well as the Draco Meteor STAB, allows me to take down alot of things. Plus with the ability to levitate, as well as the Dark/Dragon typing, he is a great revenge killer that doesn't have to worry about 2 of the 3 entry hazards, as well as the ability to get out with a resistance to Pursuit, he is one great Scarfer.

Metagross@ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant (+Atk -SAtk)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Ability: Clear Body
Move 1: Meteor Mash
Move 2: Earthquake
Move 3: Pursuit
Move 4: Bullet Punch

Comments: Choice Band Metagross is super powerful, with his sweet movepool, multitude of resistances, and just pure power, he is one of the best powerhouses out there. With Meteor Mash and Earthquake reaching 225 Base Power with the Choice Band, those moves are self explanitory, as well as the Bullet Punch for the priority move on my team, Metagross has some great upsides. Finally, with the addition of Pursuit, Metagross OHKOs the Likes of Latios and Latias, as well as takes down any Starmies that teams might have.

Milotic@ Leftovers
Nature: Calm (+Spd -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 56 SpD / 8 Spe
Ability: Marvel Scale
Move 1: Scald
Move 2: Ice Beam
Move 3: Recover
Move 4: Dragon Tail

Comments: This set allows me to make great use of Milotics Bulk, as well as having a few aces in the hole. First off, the EVs are distributed so that even with Milotics Massive Special Defense skill, Defense is still large enough to take some hits. Next, with the max HP and Access to Recover, as well as the ability to absorb status Milotic takes almost everything you can throw at it. With Dragon Tail, it lets milotic get rid of any pokes using it as set up bait, as well as getting rid of anything it doesn't like. Finally with milotics massive bulk and Decent Special attack stat, it can stay in a get some kills once in awhile, seeing how it just doesn't die.

Ninjask@ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly (+Spe -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP /76 Def / 100SpD / 80 Spe
ability: Speed Boost
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Baton Pass
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Protect

Comments: As one of the best Baton Passers in the game, Ninjask really helps me out with the Speed raises as well as the occasional attack raise if theres a sub up. The HP EVs allow for more subs, and Im not so sure on the Defense/ SpD Evs as I used those just to be able to survive a pursuit if it were ever used on me, so If anyone could help me out on that, it would be appreciated. Ninjask is really helpful for my team to sweep, it allows for passing to TTar for an attacking sweep, or will help counter something that has already has set up, as ninjask doesn't plan on taking that many hits. Finally, Ninjask is a great setup artist that can really only be countered by the likes of Taunt users that have a priority, or Phazers.

Team Comments:
With my exemption of ninjasks weaknesses, I do have both 2 weaknesses to the ice beam, as well as earthquake. But with this teams possible success, prediction is required somewhat. I am also without a Physical Wall which is somewhat of a setback, as milotic has become my primary hit taker. But most of this team I really like alot, and with the Huge Base stat totals of almost everyone above 500 barring ninjask, i think this team is a great use of raw power, plus with the speed to boot from my baton passer, I think Ive got a pretty good team here.

Closing: Thanks for reading, I hope you could help me out with some suggestions or comments as I will take any criticism. I am somewhat new to this Generation so Bare with me. Looking forward to the Help I get from you guys.

for milotic, use restalk cuz marvel scale works during sleep and allows milotic to absorb hypnosis and spore easily. for crobat, use hypnosis instead of confuse ray for a free switch or easy knockout. excellent job on the other pokes considering this is your first BW team, this can work well in a wifi battle.

Crobat should be Jolly. I get what you are saying with the Adamant boosted Brave Bird kills but Crobat greatly appreciates the speed so it can Taunt other leads. Also Adamant doesn't contribute to any additional kills that are important.

Hey thanks for the help so far guys, but unfortuately for me, I honestly see no way of getting roost on Crobat as well as Rest talk on Milotic, as I have no access to a Gen IV Game. I lost my Diamond and wont be able to do the suggestions you stated. But Hypnosis for Confuse ray sounds good. Ill make that Change.

Not an expert opinion here, but I'm thinking your TTar might need to be a little bulkier, as it'll almost always be coming into an attack from ninjask. I'm not sure if you've really had any problems with that, but if you have, try something like these evs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpD.

Well, actually because of the weaknesses and resistances that the two of them have, its not necessarily the most important thing to have a Ttar and Ninjask pair, as Ttar shares none of Ninjasks weaknesses.

Well from the looks of your team, this is unique to say the least. Well let's start!

Crobat ~ Mind explaining those EVs for us? What does 144 speed outspeed? Just for clarification. I feel like the set you are using is outclassed by thundurus. Maybe give him a try?

Tyranitar ~ Lol sweeping ttar. That's a new one. See Ninjask.

Hydreigon ~ To quote Seven Deadly Sins, "Oh man, if that was a Latios I'd be screwed." Latios is faster and has a higher special attack than sazandora, so why the heck aren't you using him!?! Sure he has a pursuit weakness, but that's not crippling and surely isn't worth you picking an inferior dragon. Seriously, try a choiced latios set, and see how much better he is than hydreigon.

Metagross ~ In all honesty, Metagross seems like massive dead weight on your team. You only have one wall in Milotic, and I suggest you try a gliscor in this spot. He matches well with Milotic, and he can carry stealh rocks, something you are lacking on this team.

Milotic ~ I honestly don't know what to say about her. I've never used her and never will. The EVs seem kinda weird. Go for the simple bold 252/252 spread. Her SP. D is way better than her defense so might as well thry to even them out. For the moveset, all I can recommend is the resttalk set, but your set can work too.

Ninjask ~ A grand total of one pokemon on your team benefits from ninjasks BP. He needs to go. Like now. I don't know what you can put in this spot, but if you make a more defensive ttar set, you can turn this into a sand team by adding a garchomp, landorus, or excadrill in this spot. Just food for thought.

Good luck! If you need movesets, just ask!

Well from the looks of your team, this is unique to say the least. Well let's start!

Crobat ~ Mind explaining those EVs for us? What does 144 speed outspeed? Just for clarification. I feel like the set you are using is outclassed by thundurus. Maybe give him a try?

Tyranitar ~ Lol sweeping ttar. That's a new one. See Ninjask.

Hydreigon ~ To quote Seven Deadly Sins, "Oh man, if that was a Latios I'd be screwed." Latios is faster and has a higher special attack than sazandora, so why the heck aren't you using him!?! Sure he has a pursuit weakness, but that's not crippling and surely isn't worth you picking an inferior dragon. Seriously, try a choiced latios set, and see how much better he is than hydreigon.

Metagross ~ In all honesty, Metagross seems like massive dead weight on your team. You only have one wall in Milotic, and I suggest you try a gliscor in this spot. He matches well with Milotic, and he can carry stealh rocks, something you are lacking on this team.

Milotic ~ I honestly don't know what to say about her. I've never used her and never will. The EVs seem kinda weird. Go for the simple bold 252/252 spread. Her SP. D is way better than her defense so might as well thry to even them out. For the moveset, all I can recommend is the resttalk set, but your set can work too.

Ninjask ~ A grand total of one pokemon on your team benefits from ninjasks BP. He needs to go. Like now. I don't know what you can put in this spot, but if you make a more defensive ttar set, you can turn this into a sand team by adding a garchomp, landorus, or excadrill in this spot. Just food for thought.

Good luck! If you need movesets, just ask!
1. Great Analysis, thanks for the most help gotten from someone yet. Anyway, First off, Crobats Speed Evs allow it to outspeed Base 115 and lower, on that list being only 13 pokes in OU faster. Second, even though I havent mentioned it, if I get enough attack boosts from Ninjask I could definititely sweep with Metagross's Two Base 225 attacks, pretty much wrecking anything without a 1/4 resistance, plus he has both a priority move and access to pursuit, which my other guys do not have. As for the Latios comment, I will definitely be making that change if I get access to him, thanks for that. As for the Weather team comment, im not sure if I want to jump on the bandwagon of weather teams out there, Ill consider it. Again though, thank you for the criticism, I appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)