Sturdy
EV's 252 Def 252 SpD
Nature Impish
Moves
Roost
spikes
steath Rock
Brave Bird

This is my main Spikes/SR setter. Pretty basic. Maxed defenses + Roost makes it so it can stay in the battlefield longer. Brave Bird is to deal damage to Pokemon, and not to be immobilized by Taunt. His amazing amount of resistances allow him to absorb any physical attack, particularly the ones aimed at Tyranitar, and Roost off the damage. It being my only "defensive" Pokemon, he switches into many physical attacks that would other wise threaten my team.

Umbreon @ Lestovers
Inner Focus
Ev's 252 SpD 252 Def
Nature Careful
Moves
Baton Pass
Work Up
Taunt
Confuse Ray

This is my Baton Passer. Tanut is Taunt, while Confuse Ray can be helpful at times. I use Work Up to increase both ATK and SpATK to keep my passing options open. I chose Umbreon as an alternative to Ninjask because Umbreon can taunt slow EH Setters such as Forretress, plus, he has decent synergy with Skarmory and Metagross.

Alakazam @ Expert Belt
Magic Guard
Ev's 252 SpA 252 Spe
Nature Modest
Moves
Psychic
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Alakazam has worked wonders for me. Psychic and Psyshock can hit opponent's on either side of the defensive spectrum, while Shadow Ball and Focus Blast have great coverage. I have the Expert Belt because his coverage allows him to do massive damage, without the LO recoil or being locked into Choice Specs.

Gengar @ Expert Belt
Levitate
Ev's 252 Spe 252 SpA
Nature Naive
Moves
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Psychic

Gengar is pretty much like Alakazam. A Pokemon to revenge kill, or start a sweep. The moves maximize coverage. He can come in on any Fighting-type attack aimed at Umbreon or Tyranitar and kill the opposing Pokemon. He can also come in when a teamate dies an attempt a revenge kill or sweep.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Clear Body
EV's 252 Atk 252 SpD
Nature Adamant
Moves
Hammer Arm
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake

A bulky physical attacker works great, as it can take and dish out powerful attacks. Basic offensive movepool, Metagross can shrug off the Speed loss of Hammer Arm. He can take many Physical attacks from a Choice Scarfed user that could potentially eliminate Gengar/Alakazam, and return one coming off his 130 Base Attack. I don't particualrly like the Life Orb recoil, so that is subject to change.

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Sand stream
Ev's 252 Atk 252 SpD
Nature Adamant
Moves
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch
Outrage

Tyranitar is one of my favorite Pokemon, but it can also tank Special attacks like nobosy else. The moveset is to maximise offense, with
Outrage taking out usnuspecting Dragon-types. He can switch into Special Attacks that other Pokemon in my team cannot do, as well as pummel the opponent with EdgeQuake or STAB Crunch. He also provides decent synergy with other team members.

I'm not very good at making team so I need help to get better and Umbreon could be sent out first to use tant if there is a pokemon on your opponent side of the feild that uses entry hazerd.

The Rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Please implement this otherwise I would be forced to lock this thread. Check out the RMT Archive to see the kind of detail we look for.

Hey :)

Have you by any chance play tested this team at all? I recommend you do because I feel like you kind of just threw a bunch of guys you liked on a team.

Umbreon is pretty bad this gen, there are WAY too many powerful hitters that Umbreon can't really do anything to. (Conkeldurr, Breloom, Dragons, Scizor).

Like you say yourself Gengar and Alakazam do literally the same thing and there's no reason to have both. I recommend keeping Gengar and switching to another set. (I recommend Substitute + Disable)

Your Tyranitar set is kinda funky it's not defensive at all, and the speed EV's don't really help when you're slow anyways. Good luck trying to Outrage when all dragons outspeed and kill you with an Earthquake. If you want Power with him use the Choice Band set if not I recommend you get a more defensive set.

Metagross too make him more defensive, get rid of Zen Headbutt and Hammer Arm and replace it with Stealth Rock and whatever. This way you can scrap Skarmory for something else.

Hope I helped a little bit, I recommend playtesting your teams more to see what works and what threatens your team :)

Infernape somewhat gives your team problems, as nobody on your team enjoys switching into a flare blitz or a close combat , I'd recomend putting a gyarados instead of your umbreon as it resists most of inernapes attacks

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hello, you seem to be a new player, so instead of giving you a full on rate, I will just nitpick instead of changing the team as a whole.

Unerve TTar is in no way a good choice, so always use SandStream instead. This is the better choice overall. Weather is very important and I suggest you do use it. You should also pay more attention to the overall synergy of the team, meaning type / offensive synergy. Making sure you don't have a glaring weakness is very important. Try looking over the Smogon OU Threat List to give you a general idea of what you should look out for. I also suggest you should add the remaining 4 EV into any stat, any small boost helps greatly.

I suggest you play around with the team a lot more, as Pokemon such as Umbreon don't function well in the metagame at the current time, and that set does not work in general very well. I highly suggest you check out around site for solid sets and combinations to use. Looking at other successful teams is always good to see what they typically cover.

Now onto the team, Gengar and Alakazam are redundent on the same team together, and share the same weaknesses. Pokemon like LO Starmie, Rotom-W, and Keldeo can destroy you at the teams current state. I suggest running a grass type such as Celebi or Amoonguss, who can take these Pokemon on without much fear. I would suggest using it over Umbreon who does not function well with the team. Gengar should also be Timid as Naive does nothing beneficial unless you are running Explosion or Focus Punch. I can also suggest Fire Punch over Outrage, which does not help you at all. I also suggest running a stall breaker such as Hydreigon who can beat stall teams, which give you trouble. I suggest using this over Alakazam.

Like I said, I cannot fix the entire team, but I can push you into the right direction. Smogon articles on site will help you greatly, and I can suggest that playing around with the team against different playstyles is always beneficial. Anyway, like I said, play around with the team more and check out around site to see how the metagame is, what is common, and what beats the current Pokemon.

Sets
Hydeigon @ Life Orb
252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Rash Nature
Draco Meteor
Superpower
Fire Blast
Roost

Good luck!

On your defensive pokes like Umbreon and Skarmory you should put 252 EVs into HP and the remaining in ONE defense. This will help them take hits better so they can be more effective at their jobs. Actually on all your pokes with 252 Defenses put that into HP.
I wont say much about Umbreon because everyone has covered that already, and they are right. There are better baton passers out there if you really need one (Mew, Gorebyss, Venemoth, Smeargle,hell Ive used a baton pass Scizor).
You could also try out the onsite Tyraniboah set. It will take hits well thanks to sandstorm boosting Spdef, although its damage output can be subpar. Just please dont use outrage on Ttar because it can have Ice beam for special sets and Ice punch for physical sets, two moves that dont lock you and have much better coverage.
I highly recomend PDC's Hydreigon set (or one similar to it). In my experience it works very well.
I hope I helped you out. Have fun and good luck!

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi. From what I can see, your team has some pretty massive holes- not one reliable counter to Thundurus-T or Keldeo, as severe redundancy with both Alakazam and Gengar, who have horrible synergy together. Seeing as you're a beginner, I'll help as much as I can, but remember experience is always better than the theorymon of even the best raters.
First off, you are missing 4 EVs on every single pokemon. Put those in.
Second, I also question your sets. Where did you get them? Alakazam should never use an Expert Belt. I also don't recall the site having a Metagross set with 252 SpD evs. And who the heck uses Umbreon these days

The help:
-Give Alakazam Life Orb. Not sure if you knew, but Magic Guard cancels LO recoil. And Psyshock and Psychic on the same set is not a good idea. Use HP fire over Psychic, so you can hit that bitch Scizor.
-Agreeing with everyone else on ditching Umbreon. It passes, sure, but it's easily outsped and taunted, renderin g it useless. It is also really good set up bait for fearsome sweepers that not even Alakazam and Gengar can defeat. Better Baton Passers include Smeargle, Mew, and Ninjask. Try out those three.
-Gengar and Alakazam on one team is seriously very redundant. I would recommend a set up Dragon instead- possibly DD Haxorus / Dnite, or Specs Latios. Something like that.

I hope this helped. I can't stress how much practice is worth when creating teams. Keep testing it, and I'm sure you'll find better pokemon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)