Flora vs. Temperantia! 2v2 Doubles while SoS refs in the Tournament Arena. Yaaaaaaay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open challenge!!!

2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena
No recoveries/2 chills
I'll battle!

Switch=KO
No items
All abilities
No fully evolved mons
Team Temperantia:

Litwick- Persephone (F)
Nature: Modest (Increase Sp Atk by *, decrease Atk by *)
Type: Ghost/Fire
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Flame Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Shadow Tag (DW) : (Innate) Upon entry into battle, this Pokemon’s Shadow expands across the arena and dissipates, forcing opposing Pokemon to stay within 10 meters of this Pokemon. The Shadow entirely negates the ability to switch for every Pokemon except those who also have Shadow Tag.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk(-): 1
Def: 2
SpA(+): 4
Spd: 2
Spe: 20

EC: 3/9
MC: 1
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Ember
Astonish
Minimize
Smog
Fire Spin
Confuse Ray
Night Shade
Will-O-Wisp
Flame Burst
Imprison
Hex
Pain Split

Haze
Heat Wave
Acid Armor

Shadow Ball
Solarbeam
Flamethrower
Energy Ball

Budew- Titania (F)
Nature: Timid (Decrease Atk by *, Increase speed by 15%, Accuracy increase) [64^2/350= 12%]
Type: Grass/Poison
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Natural Cure: (Innate)This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.
Poison Point: (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon’s spikes/quills/thorns are coated in poison, and there is a 30% chance of poisoning any foe that uses a contact attack on this Pokemon. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's Poison-type attacks will inflict Toxic level poison.
Leaf Guard (DW): (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.

Stats:

Atk(-): 1
SpA: 2
SpD: 3
Spe: 64 (55*1.15=63.25, rounded up)

EC: 1/9
MC:0
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Absorb
Growth
Water Sport
Stun Spore
Mega Drain
Worry Seed

Sleep Powder
Giga Drain
Extrasensory

Sludge Bomb
Solarbeam
Venoshock
Toxic

Nidoran- Goliath (M)
Nature: Naive (Speed increased by 15%, Accuracy increased, SpD decreased by 1) [50^2/350= 7%]
Type: Poison
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Poison Point: (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon’s spikes/quills/thorns are coated in poison, and there is a 30% chance of poisoning any foe that uses a contact attack on this Pokemon. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's attacks that inflict regular poison will inflict Toxic poison (with the same chance of effect).
Rivalry: (Innate) This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender in the same Egg Group, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it faces an opponent of the opposite gender in the same Egg Group (Monster/Ground are used for Nidorina/Nidoqueen).
Hustle (DW): (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Stats:

Hp: 90
Atk: 2
SpA: 2
SpD(-): 1
Spe(+): 58 (50x1.15=57.5, rounded up)

EC: 3/9
MC: 2
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Horn Attack
Helping Hand
Leer
Peck
Focus Energy
Double Kick
Poison Sting
Fury Attack
Toxic Spikes
Poison Jab

Counter
Head Smash
Sucker Punch

Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Team Flora:

Voodoll (Verain) (F)
Nature: Rash (+SpA | -SpD)

Type:
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 70

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Insomnia: (Innate) This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Normalize: (Can be deactivated) This Pokemon has mastered Normal-type attacks and can change any attack type to have a Normal energy signature. All attacks used by the Pokemon are considered Normal-type attacks, although they retain the same status-enducing and other properties. The Pokemon will do three (3) more damage with Normal-typed attacks.
Cursed Body (DW): (Innate) When This Pokemon is struck by an opponents attack that makes contact, there is a 30% chance that attack will be disabled. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body.

Attacks:
Astonish
Copycat
Mimic
Pain Split
Spite
Grudge
Charge
Follow Me
Pin Missile

Counter
Perish Song
Mach Punch

Taunt
Thunder Wave
Psychic
Dark Pulse
Substitute
Rock Slide
Protect
Return
Toxic

Scratchet (Myrtle) (F)
Nature: Modest (+SpA | -Atk)

Type:
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 40

EC: 0/6

Abilities:
Scrappy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s Normal and Fighting attacks carry a special signature that can damage Ghosts, even if they have phased out.
Prankster: (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.
Vital Spirit (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

Attacks:
Fury Swipes
Harden
Focus Energy
Rock Smash
Roar
Hyper Voice
Superpower

Roost
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Yawn

Taunt
Reflect
Brick Break
Return
Toxic
Protect
Rock Slide

Rebble (Thistle)
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk).

Type:
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Stats
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 90

EC: 0/9

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Mold Breaker (DW): (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Attacks:
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rollout
Rock Blast
Disable
Acupressure
Mud Shot
Power Gem
Paleo Wave
AncientPower
Earth Power

Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Protect

Stay tuned folks, because THIS is gonna be a good one.

The crowd gone, the arena seems almost eerie in its silence...
Lenneth and Laharl enter it, whispering amongst themselves about the match to come.

"Over there, Lenneth. Our opponent is waiting patiently."

"Ah, I see. Who wears a sun-dress to a battle, how very odd..."

Now's not the time to mock our opponent's choice in vestments, Lenneth. We have a battle to win! Let's go, Titania!"

Titania the Budew toddles out of her Poke Ball, careful not to trip over anything. She then smiles vacantly while she waits for further orders from her trainer.

"Oh, how fun! Goliath, give your foes no quarter!"

The Nidoran sniffs the air around him after being released, perhaps trying to find the scent of his opponents.

"Together we'll bring our opponent to her knees!"

"Ohoho, I didn't know you were in to that, brother!"

"There goes our image of nobility. Let's just get this battle started, already."

"Whatever you say, Laharl. Just leave me out of your perverse fantasies!"

"...I hate you, Lenneth..."

The siblings' Pokemon merely inch away from the pair and await their orders...

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"Whoa."

Anyway, I have a strange intent on this match and I will make sure it will last three rounds exact. Go Verain (Voodoll) and Myrtle (Scratchet)!

Verain, you are the key to my "success" here so don't fail to do it! Begin by singing the Perish Song that will make sure that every single Pokemon here will faint. Myrtle, use your Prankster to pull off a fast Taunt on Titania so that no annoying status will be happening.

You two probably took some heavy damage right there, so Myrtle, I need you to lesson the damage of those Double Kicks and whatnot with your Reflect! Sadly you don't learn Light Screen for those evil Sludge Bombs, but we work with what we got. As for you, Verain, I'd like you stall for time with Protect so your opponent will double target Myrtle for sure.

Verain, guess what, you're taking 2 damage from Double Kick right now, so be happy you'll be alive and well! You've probably taken some good damage so despite not knowing if you've been hurt or not, Pain Split your ally to equal out your health out. Just do it. As for you, Myrtle, you'll be on the stalling end here. Yawn at Titania to make her drowsy and asleep next round!

Verain|Voodoll: Perish Song - Protect - Pain Split (Myrtle|Scratchet)

Myrtle|Scratchet: Taunt (Titania|Budew) - Reflect - Yawn (Titania|Budew)

"...I.. I don't understand our opponents strategy. At this rate, we'll all tie..."

"The fact that you are so distressed by this strategy of hers almost makes it count as a sucess in my book. Anyway, Goliath, Helping Hand Titania's attack on your first action. Then, Sludge Bomb Myrtle and finish with a Helping Hand, again."

"Titania, our opponent may have put a time limit on this battle, but we can at least get one ko. Extrasensory on Scratchet, then Sludge Bomb it. Finish with Extrasensory on Scratchet again..."

Goliath and Titania seem terrified at the prospect of fainting in three turns. Budew starts to cry, while Nidoran looks too shocked to react fully...

Team Flora:

Verain (Insomnia+Normalize)
Energy: 100
Speed: 70
Boosts/Drops: 0
Actions: Perish Song - Protect - Pain Split (Myrtle|Scratchet)

Myrtle (Prankster+Scrappy)
Speed: 40
Actions: Taunt (Titania|Budew) - Reflect - Yawn (Titania|Budew)

Team Temperantia:

Titania (Natural Cure+Poison Point)
Speed: 64
Actions: Extrasensory >>> Sludge Bomb >>> Extrasensory (Myrtle)

Goliath (Poison Point+Rivalry)
Speed: 58
Actions: Helping Hand >>> Sludge Bomb (Myrtle) >>> Helping Hand

Turn Order: Verain >>> Titania >>> Goliath >>> Myrtle

Flora seems determined to make my job a short one, and make the battle last a maximum of three rounds. Thank God. Have I mentioned I hate reffing doubles? I just couldn't pass up the chance to ref two giants of ASB. Anyhoo, Myrtle begins by flipping the bird at Titania, ENRAGING her. No status moves from her for a while... Goliath encourages her though, clapping madly for her attack, boosting its power. Don't ask me how that works. Verain now sings a mystic chant, and suddenly everyone feels like the Grim Reaper himself is standing in the arena... What a hideous Perish Song. Titania ends the round by blasting Myrtle with a burst of psychic energy from behind! Nasty!

Calcs:
NidoranM used Helping Hand (7 energy)
Scratchet used Taunt (10 energy)
Voodoll used Perish Song (14 energy)
Budew used Extrasensory (19 damage, 6 energy)

Did I mention I hate doubles? Nah, it's not so bad. Anyway, Verain decides to take any potential heat off her this round with a Protect that reduces all damage to 0. Awesome. Myrtle sets up a reflective barrier to weaken physical attacks at the team, but unfortunately, it's an all-special assault that comes her way, as Titania and Goliath fire off Sludge Bombs at her. Goliath's even manages to poison her!

Calcs:
Voodoll used Protect (7 energy)
Scratchet used Reflect (7 energy)
Budew used Sludge Bomb (11 damage, 6 energy)
NidoranM used Sludge Bomb (11 damage, 6 energy)
Scratchet took poison damage (2)

Goliath starts by applauding madly for Titania again, boosting her attack power. Myrtle is starting to look in bad shape, and quite tired. So much so, that she Yawns at Titania. And that's an infectious yawwwwwwwwwn... Damn it, now I'm doing it (seriously, just yawned IRL -_-). She's looking drowsy. Verain decides to protect her partner by giving her some of her life force. They split their pain between each other as Titania fires off her second Extrasensory blast, ending the round. Let's have a look at the scores!

Calcs:
NidoranM used Helping Hand (7 energy)
Scratchet used Yawn (6 energy)
Voodoll used Pain Split (20 energy)
Budew used Extrasensory (19 damage, 6 energy)

Team Flora:

HP: 69
Energy: 59

HP: 48
Energy: 77

Reflect for four actions

Team Temperantia:

Energy: 82
Status: Perish Song (2 rounds), Drowsy (two actions), Taunted (3 actions)

Energy: 80

"Let's continue this offensive assault, Titania. Venoshock Myrtle until you fall asleep."

"Goliath, let us show our opponent the bitter truth of playing the game of turtles. Sludge Bomb our opponent's Voodoll twice, then if Voodoll isn't poisoned, Poison Jab it. Otherwise, let loose an Ice Beam at it."

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Let's keep it up everyone!

Verain and Myrtle, go with a double Protect to stall for time. End with a double Rock Slide to hopefully flinch for you know stall! End with a double Protect and I really don't mind if one of you run out of energy by this time so yep yep.

Verain and Myrtle: Protect - Rock Slide - Protect

(ASB Tournament should allow any move.)

edit: lol grim reaper.

Team Flora:

HP: 69
Actions: Protect - Rock Slide - Protect

HP: 48
Energy: 77
Actions: Protect - Rock Slide - Protect

Reflect for four actions

Team Temperantia:

Energy: 82
Status: Perish Song (2 rounds), Drowsy (two actions), Taunted (3 actions)
Actions: Venoshock spam (Myrtle)

Energy: 80
Actions: Sludge Bomb >>> Sludge Bomb >>> Poison Jab (if not poisoned)/Ice Beam (if poisoned) (Verain)

The next round kicks up, as Verain and Myrtle both create green barriers around themselves to neutralise damage, meaning the Venoshock and Sludge Bomb launched at them do nothing! But why are they stalling with the Reaper's scythe getting perilously close to our necks?

Calcs:
Scratchet used Protect (11 energy)
Voodoll used Protect (12 energy)
Budew used Venoshock (7 energy)
NidoranM used Sludge Bomb (6 energy)

Verain now summons a barrage of boulders to batter Budew and... Nidoran. Damn it, you ruined my alliteration, Temperantia! Titania counters with a blast of poison, that somehow electrifies Myrtle intensely, due to her prior poisoning. Goliath follows up with another explosive blast of sludge to Verain, as he bellows, and brings down another barrage of boulders... Ok, I made the bellowing thing up. I LIKE ALLITERATION, OK!? Titania apparently doesn't though, as she falls into a deep, 3-action sleep.

Calcs:
Voodoll used Rock Slide (6 damage to Budew, 6 damage to NidoranM, 6 energy)
Budew used Venoshock (13 damage, 11 energy)
NidoranM used Sludge Bomb (14 damage, 10 energy)
Scratchet used Rock Slide (6 damage to both, 6 energy)

Team Flora stalls with another green barrier on each mon, allowing them to circumvent damage, and stall for the Perish Song effect even more. Fortunately for them, Titania is happily snoozing this round, perhaps dreaming of a tasty meal... Or tripping out, dreaming of flying on a magic carpet with Genie, we just don't know. Goliath's Poison Jab bounces off harmlessly as the Perish Count ticks down, and the reaper's scythe gets close to my neck... Uh, somebody might want to make a move here!

Calcs:
Scratchet used Protect (7 energy)
Voodoll used Protect (11 energy)
Nidoran M used Poison Jab (5 energy)

Team Flora:

HP: 55
Energy: 30

HP: 29
Energy: 53

Reflect for one actions

Team Temperantia:

HP: 78
Energy: 64

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Last round folks, so let's get it over with! And you'll be going down too SoS! (jk)

Verain, try for another flinch with Rock Slide. Use your second action to chill because your energy seems a bit lackluster. Afterward, end with another Rock Slide!

Myrtle, I don't mind if you faint so go ahead and get focused but I would like you to get a Reflect up as soon as possible, so do that. If you're still alive, just chill like the awesome person you are!

Verain: Rock Slide - chill - Rock Slide

Myrtle: Reflect - chill - chill

"Titania, start with a Venoshock to really burn up Myrtle. Then, Venoshock the Scratchet again to finish it off. Finish with a Venoshock on Vernia."

"Goliath, merely Sludge Bomb Vernia thrice as we have no better option at this time..."

Goliath and Titania feel their demise looming but, at this point, their exhaustion far outweighs their fears. They're merely struggling to stand their ground now...

Team Flora:

HP: 55
Energy: 30
Actions: Rock Slide - chill - Rock Slide

HP: 29
Energy: 53
Actions: Reflect - chill - chill

Reflect for one actions

Team Temperantia:

Energy: 64
Actions: VENOSPAM (Myrtle)

Actions: SLUDGE SPAM (Verain)

The final round begins. Can Temperantia stop Flora's stalling before the Perish Song kills us all?! Probably not! Myrtle quickly refreshes the Reflect, not that it actually matters, as no physicals are coming their way anyway... Verain goes for another Rock Slide of hopeful flinchiness, and does in fact manage to make Goliath flinch in terror from the boulder barrage. Titania now awakens, and zaps Myrtle for massive damage!

Calcs:
Scratchet used Reflect (7 energy)
Voodoll used Rock Slide (6 damage each, 6 energy)
Budew used Venoshock (13 damage, 7 energy)
NidoranM flinched!

Team Flora's chillin like a pair of villains this round, but it doesn't help poor Myrtle, as Titania's next Venoshock lowers her to 1 HP! Oh my! Goliath continues blasting explosive sludge at Verain, but she's holding strong versus the assault. However, the poison damage finally gets to Myrtle, and she succumbs, leaving her partner alone versus the two enemies on this final action...

Calcs:
Scratchet chilled out (+12 energy)
Voodoll chilled out (+12 energy)
Budew used Venoshock (13 damage, 11 energy)
NidoranM used Sludge Bomb (14 damage, 6 energy)

The final action. It's all or nothing now, as I'm about to be decapitated. With my last breath, I CURSE ZOIDBERG! AND FLORA! AND ESPECIALLY ROLF! Verain uses another Rock Slide, which causes Goliath to flinch again, surprisingly. Hax is a cruel mistress... Titania zaps Verain with some electrified acid, but as she's not poisoned, it has little effect. And then *slice*

... Yep, I'm a talking head. FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC. Perish Song takes effect, and the whole arena is filled with a deafening screech, as the Reaper swings his scythe, mowing down everybody. Great.

GAME!

Calcs:
Voodoll used Rock Slide (6 each, 6 energy)
Budew used Venoshock (12 damage, 15 energy)
NidoranM flinched
PERISH SONG, EVERYONE DIES.

Team Flora:

HP: KO

Reflect for four actions

Team Temperantia:

Uh... Well, I dunno how this works, so I'mma guess.

Verain gains 2 KOC due to Perish Song fainting both opponents.

Goliath gains 1 KOC because his poison finished off Myrtle, not Titania's attacks.

Titania gets the KOC for KOing Verain because, why let it go to waste, and Flora says so.

I gain 4 RC.

Flora and Temperantia gain 2 TC.

Voodoll gains 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 2 KO

Scratchet gains 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC.

Nidoran M and Budew gain 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO.

Sounds good?

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
I'd like to give Titania the missing KOC because I can. (Well, I just don't like missing counters and 4 Pokemon fainted so it has to go somewhere.)

Anyway, good game Temp! :) And thanks for the reffing SoS! Fast and efficient (and also pretty funny)! Now go sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)