Forcing Shiny Event Legendary Beasts to be Shiny

So I was playing up some delicious UU today and saw a non-shiny Raikou using Aura Sphere. The event-only moves of the recently released "Crown Beasts" should be restricted to only the shiny forms of Raikou/Entei/Suicune. This should be done for the simulation's sake, as if I were to run into a non-shiny legendary beast on DS Wi-fi, I would be 100% sure that it will not have the event-only moves, such as Aura Sphere, Weather Ball, Flare Blitz, Extremespeed, etc.

the thing is that PO doesn't do such restrictions yet.

and forced shinyness is minor compared to more major issues like move combo and 3/4th gen event move + nature legal combos.

while there is a script in place to not allow a person to latter with a illegal cune/entei/raikou it currently isn't hard coded into the PO team builder itself.

I was researching this, and theoretically I could make this work if I'm thinking through it properly. I'll try to get to it when I have the chance.

Thank you kindly, sir!

I wasn't sure whether or not to make another topic on this or not, but it is somewhat of a similar situation: Forcing Male-only DW Pokemon to be Male. Here is a list of them for reference:

1st gen starters
3rd gen starters
4th gen starters
7 Eeveelutions (perhaps changing soon with new DW Eevee release)
Togekiss
Mamoswine
Croagunk/Toxicroak

If you can manage shiny checks for the three beasts, male checks for these mons should be easy.

They are. Don't assume so much about PO. ;)
PO must have some messy coding. I code stuff like that. Sure, nothing as complex as PO, but all you're doing is adding code for a similar mechanic, and while it does have its differences, it seems relatively the same looking at the code of the team-sets. Seems to me that PO has some crazy messy code.

Crux

Banned deucer.
Shinyness and gender compatability are not remotely similar though, and are seperate parts of the code.

Shinyness and gender compatability are not remotely similar though, and are seperate parts of the code.
Indeed, but both seem to have the same base concept. Maybe PO categorizes by variable path, not by letter, or sub-routine names. I'm not sure how PO was written, as I am not the programmer. And I know it is complex. Yet, the only part of the code that makes it so complex in itself is server handling. The team creation, namely, seems to be the easiest part of the code to handle well, even. All of my past coding knowledge and logic tells me that the coding of PO is either messy, or has so much piled inside of it that variables are actually the most difficult part for it to handle.

It really has nothing to do with PO's base coding and more with what events PO's server code has and what interfacing functions are available to the server script. Anyway, this is not the place to discuss such things, so stick to the topic at hand. I've only left this open for discussion related directly to the suggestion in the OP until I implement it or at least have the chance to try.

There's a function to change something to be shiny, but as far as I can see, no way to check if it's shiny or not. But I guess turning something shiny when it's already shiny shouldn't have too much trouble...
changePokeShine(player_id, slot, new_value): new_value is either true or false.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)