Rules Forum Rules and Simple Questions/Answers

According to Serebii, 6000 players have been banned from the PGL due to hack. Is it possible that GF willingly delayed the release of the Bank from the start of Season 2, just to check if people used non-Alolan mons before they could legitimately used them ?
If yes, that could lead to a more safe competitive place. If no, hackers are just bad hackers.
I was reading the reddit hysteria over this ('oh no I'm going to be banned because of my breeding ditto / 6IV Shiny I got through WT!'), and after reading from folks who actually got banned, it seems like the common thread is hacking trainer information. So it was primary people changing their IDs or hacking themselves a bazillion FC or other stuff along those lines (possibly from comparing GameSync information?)

If that's true, it seems like it's mostly just overconfident/blatant hackers getting caught, and nothing to do with Pokemon legality.

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
is there any specific list i cant go see too see whats banned and whats not?
【Pokémon That Can’t Participate in Rating Battles】
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Magearna
Source: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/support/2/en/manual/manual_battle/basic-rules/

【Pokémon That Can’t Participate in Rating Battles】
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Magearna
Source: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/support/2/en/manual/manual_battle/basic-rules/
Also pokemon caught prior to gen6 can't be used. The Pentagon rule applies.

So I just got a Celesteela from the GTS. It's Careful, and has a weird EVs spread of 252 HP / 4 Atk / 92 Def / 116 SpD / 44 Spe. At level 100, this gives stats of 398/239/265/225/293/169 (HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe), and at level 50 these stats are 204/122/135/114/149/87. I know Speed is to outspeed Scizor and other base 65s. But any clue of what the other EVs are for?

I was reading the reddit hysteria over this ('oh no I'm going to be banned because of my breeding ditto / 6IV Shiny I got through WT!'), and after reading from folks who actually got banned, it seems like the common thread is hacking trainer information. So it was primary people changing their IDs or hacking themselves a bazillion FC or other stuff along those lines (possibly from comparing GameSync information?)

If that's true, it seems like it's mostly just overconfident/blatant hackers getting caught, and nothing to do with Pokemon legality.
Thx for the feedback. So that's just weird hackers putting max FP and then get caught when sync or people giving impossible stuff in SM until Bank (like Thick Fat on Mamoswine).

Last edited by a moderator:
Why has no one tickled Doubles content at all in my Resident Evil / election fueled abcense?
Just wait until I beat RE7, and I'm going to destroy life as we know it and Doubles shall flow forth like cancer. Celesteela and the Tapu's are fucking amazing.

That said, with Bank's release, I'm wondering if we've had any updates on QR code-based teams? All I've seen it used for so far is the Pokedex.

only for Pre-Bank teams, i'm not sure how viable they'd be in the Post-Bank game, a lot of them are weak to Fire...
Thank you for the answer. Is there a place to talk about this kind of stuff...? I prefer not to get into some random thread to go off-topic and disrupt the thread.

edit: I'm particularly interested in the megas. I understand the current mega kings are Gyarados and Mence. But I'm interested to know how Pokebank would change that.

Breaking onto the post-bank chaos, I'm looking at Tapu Fini and and haven't seen much discussion on it. Stats look similar to Suicune, with debatably better typing and inferior overall bulk (70/115/130 vs 100/115/115) with the same Speed and Sp. Atk. Obviously Fini is lacking Tailwind, Icy Wind, Snarl, and a lot of things Suicune offers, so I'm wondering if there's any real draw to Fini or at the least, a nature suggestion on the one I plan on SRing? lol.
Swagger spammer looks funny though.

edit: I'm a Doubles guy for clarification.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thank you for the answer. Is there a place to talk about this kind of stuff...? I prefer not to get into some random thread to go off-topic and disrupt the thread.

edit: I'm particularly interested in the megas. I understand the current mega kings are Gyarados and Mence. But I'm interested to know how Pokebank would change that.
we have a general discussion thread. you can also come chat on showdown or discord

Is it too early to start seeking good switcheroo/trick users that are viable in the current singles meta?
Rotoms are as good for that as they always were. But honestly, there isn't that much great stuff to target since stall teams seem relatively rare. It might be useful to toss Choice Scarf onto their Cresselia or something that might be otherwise problematic for your team.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
i have a 6 iv Tapu Koko...with a brave nature :(. Any ideas for a good set to make this useful in battle spot singles?
The whole reason Tapu Koko is so popular is because of its Speed tier really, not sure there's really anything you could do to make a Brave nature work. A mixed set with Thunderbolt/Dazzling Gleam/Brave Bird/Volt Switch perhaps, but there's not much you can do with Brave there since the Speed tier is very important for Tapu Koko.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)