Furret (Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nightshadow said I can take this over.
It's already passed QC
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81158

[Overview]
<p> Furret has a very wide movepool and has decent stats with, 90 base Speed, and 76 base Attack. These stats can accomplish an effective lead and scout. Sadly Furret is easy to wall, with is mediocre stats anything with good Physical Defense can switch in and start setting up.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice
move 1: Trick
move 2: Return
move 3: Brick Break / Focus Punch
move 4: U-turn / Shadow Claw / Sucker Punch
item: Choice Band / Choice Scarf
ability: Keen Eye
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Furret can use a Choice Item effectively with this set. Lots of common switch ins to Furret are walls who do not appreciate being Tricked a Choice Item. Furret can now cripple them, forcing them into one Move. To scout out its other counters it can use U-Turn which makes Furret an effective scout. Return is Furret’s main attacking move and is very reliable. To go with Return, Brick Break hits rock and steel types.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>The Choice between a Band or Scarf is whether you want power or speed. Furret already has a good base 90 speed so Choice Band is recommended to boost its mediocre Attack. Two other options are Sucker Punch and Shadow Claw. These hit Ghost types hard who would otherwise wall Furret. Shadow Claw is more reliable, but Sucker Punch has priority. Focus Punch is usable over Brick Break but is very unreliable.</p>

[Team Options]
<p> Furret can Use U-Turn to allow other Pokemon to set up. This means pokemon like Swellow can set up ready for a sweep. Another good partner for Furret are Pursuiters. Spiritomb,Absol and Drapion can all use Pursuit, to hit Uxie and Mesprit hard as they can wall Furret. </p>

[Optional Changes]
<p> Furret can use Super Fang to remove 50% of the opponents health. This can help against strong Walls, but is a gimmick at most, as it is better just to attack. Another option is Special Furret but with 40 Special Attack, Furret is not doing much except 2HKOing Cloyster with Thunderbolt. </p>

[Counters]
<p> Anything with good Physical bulk, like Uxie, Rhyperior or Omnastar can switch in on any weak Attack and start to set up. Similary Bulky Waters also take little damage. Finally Hitmontop has Intimidate to lower Furrets Attack, resists Sucker Punch and can KO with Mach Punch </p>

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Yes. Plusle Consider this an official warning. Please add more information into this write-up. You have had 2 strikes already with your Magikarp and Dustox posts.

I will not be afraid to give you an infraction if you don't comply.

Please take a look at the multiple other write ups here in UU to get an idea of what we are looking for in these analyses.

Edit: P.S., I am refraining from moving Nightshadow's thread until I see this improved.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
OK, well Plusle you had your chance to update this. And as far as I'm concerned, I don't think this was going to be very good.

I've given Aerrow permission to write this, who I know will do a good job with it.

Locking and moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)