Fusion Evolution V2 (Submission Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally forgot about Cargolure, thank you for reminding me! I ended up going with the second ability, though I don't particularly think a worse Fur Coat (only 1.5 boost to defense instead of doubling) with Thick Fat tacked on is especially OP on those stats.

Hey everyone! So it's June 12th:

Which means it's been one whole year this all started! 2 threads, over 100 pages, and 2670 posts later, here we are. We've made a crazy number of fusions, and we've always got more to come. So, on this historic day, I just want to say 'Thank you' to everyone who's been a part of this. From Eevee General for making this project to begin with, to the council members, to our regular posters and even to everyone who only ever posted once or twice before forgetting this ever existed. We couldn't have survived for this long without all of you. Here's to another great year of Fusion Evolution!

Parents: Klefki/Ferrothorn
Shared Egg Group: Mineral
Offspring Name: Klefothorn
New type: Steel/Fairy
New base stats: 75/97/121/77/111/57
New ability and desc: Iron Pranks: All status moves used by this Pokemon gain +1 Priority, and on any turn this effect does not activate, any contact move used on this Pokemon will deal 12.5% damage to the opponent
Notable Moves: Stealth Rock, Spikes, Thunder Wave, Substitute, Foul Play, Knock Off, Leech Seed, Magic Coat, Magnet Rise, Light Screen, Reflect, Curse, Gyro Ball, Play Rough
Role Identification: Fusing 2 of my personal favourite AG Pokemon, this combination creates a terrifying support and wall Pokemon, which basically acts as a Super Klefki. 75/121/111 bulk and access to Iron Pranks is terrifying, and it gets a huge number of status moves to abuse with this ability, such as Stealth Rock, Spikes, Leech Seed, Substitute, Dual Screens, Thunder Wave and many more. Its high bulk and great Steel/Fairy typing allow it to do a lot in its time, even though it lacks reliable recovery outside of Leftovers/Leech Seed antics. Although it'll rarely activate, the ability to gain Iron Barbs when you do attack adds some incentive to make use of Iron Head or Play Rough to make use of its decent 97 Attack stat. A very useful Pokemon.

DNA Donors: Garchomp/Jirachi
Shared Egg Group: DNA
Offspring Name: Garachi
New type: Steel/Dragon
New base stats: 104/124/100/100/100/111 (BST: 639, +9 ATK, +3 DEF, +10 SPA, +8 SPD, +10 SPE)
New ability and desc: Sand Grace: In sand the chances that the secondary effects activate is tripled.
Notable Moves: Iron Head, Dragon Claw, Stealth Rock, U-Turn, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Drain Punch, Sandstorm, Aqua Tail, Swords Dance, Trick
Role Description: A very useful Pokemon even pre mega, Garachi sets itself apart by being one of any elite group of Pokemon to not have a single base stat under 100. 124 Attack and 111 Speed serve it well, and after a Swords Dance it can tear enemy teams to shreds. If you pair it with a Sand Setter or teach it Sandstorm, Iron Head flinches 90% of the time and Ice and Fire Punch inflict status 30% of the time. It also has U-Turn to gain momentum or Trick if it wants to run a terrifying Choice Scarf set. Of course, all of this is bolstered by high 104/100/100 bulk.

DNA Donors:
Garchomp/Jirachi
Offspring Name: Mega Garachi
New type: Steel/Dragon
New base stats: 104/164/120/140/110/101 (BST: 739)
New ability and desc: Sand Force
Notable Moves: Iron Head, Dragon Claw, Stealth Rock, U-Turn, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Drain Punch, Sandstorm, Aqua Tail, Swords Dance, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor, Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt, Icy Wind, Doom Desire
Role Description: After Mega Evolving, Garachi becomes a true monster. With, 164 Attack, 140 Special and 101 Speed, Garachi can destroy walls, sweep teams and apply enormous offensive pressure. Thanks to its 104/120/110 bulk, which is huge for an offensive Pokemon, Mega Garachi has no clear weak points. Steel/Dragon is still amazing offensive and defensive typing, as unlike most Dragons it is weak to none of Ice, Dragon and Fairy, and is able to hit all of those for Super Effective damage with its STABs. 140 Special Attack allows it to even break past what few Physical walls can withstand it with Special coverage moves, of which it has a huge number. Of course, it still has U-Turn to make it of use to all sorts of cores. An amazing Pokemon, capable of defining a meta.

DNA Donors: Gengar/Raikou
Offspring Name: Raigar
New type: Ghost/Electric
New base stats: 80/75/70/140/90/123
New ability and desc: Floating Pressure: This Pokemon is immune to Ground-type moves and any non-Ground-type moves used against this Pokemon will use 2PP rather than 1.
Notable Moves: Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Icy Wind, Sludge Wave, Taunt, Disable, Substitute, Psychic, Energy Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Calm Mind
Role Description: A non-mega fast Special Attacker with high 140 SpA ans 123 Spe. It has perfect neutral coverage across Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse, and it can use moves like Volt Switch to take advantage of its other STAB and to gain momentum. Floating Pressure, Icy Wind and Energy Ball also allow it to hit Ground-types that normally give Electric-types trouble, and Icy Wind in particular is good for supporting its team with temporary speed control. Although Raigar's bulk is far from great, it can use Calm Mind to boost its bulk and Special Power, and Will-O-Wisp to lower the damage taken from Physical attacks. Of course, it can also utilise Gengar's Taunt-Disable sets. A very powerful and versatile fusion.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! So it's June 12th:

Which means it's been one whole year this all started! 2 threads, over 100 pages, and 2670 posts later, here we are. We've made a crazy number of fusions, and we've always got more to come. So, on this historic day, I just want to say 'Thank you' to everyone who's been a part of this. From Eevee General for making this project to begin with, to the council members, to our regular posters and even to everyone who only ever posted once or twice before forgetting this ever existed. We couldn't have survived for this long without all of you. Here's to another great year of Fusion Evolution!
I'll drink to that (if I could drink, anyway; I guess lemonade will have to do for now). Cheers!

So I don't make this post just a quote, here's some fusions.

DNA Donors: Kyurem + Liepard
Offspring Name: Kyurepard
New typing: Dragon/Dark
New base stats: 95/119/70/119/70/121 (+10 Atk, +10 SpA, +20 Spe) (594 BST)
New Ability + description: Pressure + Unburden = Demoralize (Opposing Pokemon have their Speed halved as long as they are holding items)
Notable moves: Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Earth Power, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Focus Blast, Draco Meteor, Flash Cannon, Psychic, Roost, Hone Claws, Knock Off, Dragon Claw, Gunk Shot, Play Rough, Stone Edge, Iron Tail, Sucker Punch, Seed Bomb, Zen Headbutt, U-turn, Trick
Role identification: This is much like Infernape, except stronger, faster, bulkier, and with Hydreigon's typing. Also like Infernape, this has the ability to go either physical or special, or even mixed if you so desire. While Kyurepard's Ability might seem overpowering, it only affects foes which still have their items. It also does not protect Kyurepard from priority, a good amount of which hits it super-effectively. Kyurepard's bulk is also lacking, meaning that even a fairly strong neutral hit is going to do a lot of damage.

DNA Donors: Cobalion + Aurorus
Offspring Name: Aurorlion
New typing: Fighting/Ice
New base stats: 107/103/100/104/92/83 (+20 Atk, +10 SpA, +10 SpD) (589 BST)
New Ability + description: Justified + Refrigerate = Cold-Hearted (Justified + Refrigerate effects)
Notable moves: Calm Mind, Rock Polish, Focus Blast, Hyper Voice, Freeze-Dry, Dark Pulse, Flash Cannon, Psychic, Volt Switch, Swords Dance, Close Combat, Return, Earthquake, Iron Head, Sacred Sword, Zen Headbutt, Facade, Stealth Rock, dual screens, Thunder Wave, Encore
Role identification: With roughly as much bulk as Mew, boosting moves for both attacking stats, and Rock Polish, Aurorlion will be an interesting fusion if it gets voted. Rock Polish with a Toxic Orb seems interesting, as you get an immensely powerful STAB Facade.

DNA Donors: Zoroark + Keldeo
Offspring Name: Zoroldeo
New typing: Dark/Fighting
New base stats: 75/106/81/125/81/115 (+18 Atk, +6 Def, + 1 SpA, +6 SpD, +9 Spe) (583 BST)
New Ability + description: Illusion + Justified = Justice Illusion (The bearer appears as the last Pokemon in the party until it takes direct damage. In addition, Dark-type damaging moves do not break the illusion and raise the bearer's Attack stat by 1 stage if hit by one)
Notable moves: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Secret Sword, Extrasensory, Hydro Pump, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Sludge Bomb, Night Daze, U-turn, Swords Dance, Knock Off, Close Combat, Sucker Punch, Poison Jab, Sacred Sword, X-Scissor, Icy Wind
Role identification: Fast and strong, with the addition of Illusion mindgames. Secret Sword in particular is cool in that it hits the target on its Defense stat, thus easily breaking walls that have low Defense and rely on their special bulk to save them. It can go for a Swords Dance set for further mindgames, as it certainly has the powerful moves to make a mark.

Cargolure will always be a viable Magcargo fusion Tetraplex

Anyways, time for some creativity at yah!

Better get a Flinch absorber
Parents: Ambipom and Rapidash
Shared Egg Group: Field
New Stats: 80/110/78/80/83/120
New Typing: Normal/Fire
New Ability and Desc: Technician + Run Away = Strike and Pass - All moves at 60 base power or below get boosted by x1.5 and gain a U-Turn switching effect
Notable Moves: Fake Out, Flare Blitz, Double Hit, Flame Charge, Quick Attack, Pursuit, Return, Double-Edge, Will o Wisp, Drill Run, Knock Off
Role Description: Rapipom's stats look OK at first glance, but Rapipom is probably gonna be the most influential Pokemon in FE. Strike and Pass turns ALL moves at 60 base power or below into U-Turn clones! Fake Out is literally the definition of a free switch in, while Double Hit packs a punch and gets Rapipom out of pesky situations. It turns into a viable Pursuit trapper, not only being boosted by Strike and Pass, but getting a free switch as well.
Its a badass in general.

Dark types beware
DNA Donors: Terrakion + Dugtrio
Offspring name: Dugterra
New type: Fighting / Ground
New base stats: 73 / 124 (+20) / 70 / 61 / 80 / 134 (+20)
New ability and desc: Justified + Arena Trap = Prison Cell - Traps Dark types
Notable moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Close Combat, Sucker Punch, Sword Dance, Memento, Stealth Rock, Taunt, Quick Attack
Role identification: Darmega crushing your teams dreams? Umlord walling you to hell and back? Mega Magmozam needs to clean but a stray Sucker Punch too threatening? Call on Dugterra! Dugterra's amazing ability Prison Cell allows it to trap pesky Dark types taking over FE and take them out, allowing other Psychic type team members to finish up. Not only being a good trapper, access to Stealth Rock, Taunt , high speed and Memento turns it into a great suicide lead as well.

Our favourite Flatfish power plant is back!
DNA donors: Stunfisk and Zapdos
Offspring Name: Stundos
New Typing: Ground/Electric
New Base Stats: 110/88/115/123/115/76 [+20 Def, +10 SpA, +10 SpD]
New Ability and Desc: Pressure + Static = Power Drain: Paralyzes any Pokemon that reduces its PP
Notable Moves: Volt Switch, Roost, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Earth Power, Stealth Rock, Discharge, Heat Wave, Defog, Scald.
Role Identification: This is Stunfisk, but better in every single way. It's a good burdspam counter, Electric Wall, and PP staller all in one. It's access to volt switch allows for it to be a bulky pivot. With access to roost, it allows Stundos to keep itself alive for longer and it's got better bulk than suicune at 110/115/115 stats, and with a pretty slow roost allows it to heal faster and with a 123 special attack stat it can actually threaten things with any of it's coverage moves. It also has access to stealth rock, which allows it to find a place on hazard stacking teams.

Steamy Poisonous Butterfly Dancing!
DNA Donors: Venomoth and Volcanion
Offspring Name: Venocanion
New Typing: Poison/Water
New Base Stats: 75/87/105/130/87/85 [+15 Def, +20 SpA, +5 SpD, +5 Spe]
New Ability and Desc: Wonder Skin + Water Absorb = Watery Skin: All water and status moves used against this Pokemon will fail
Notable Moves: Quiver Dance, Sludge Bomb, Scald, Fire Blast, Steam Eruption, Baton Pass, Sleep Powder, Earth Power, Roost, Will O Wisp, Toxic
Role Description: Venocanion is a powerful set up sweeper with a handy ability that prevents it from being taunt bait, beat other opposing waters and be a good defensive pivot all in one.

The best Glass Cannon since Mega Beedrill
DNA Donors: Rampardos and Deoxys-Attack
Offspring Name: Rampardeos-Attack
New Typing: Rock/Psychic
New Base Stats: 81/180/40/140/35/115 [+3 HP, +8 Atk, +18 SpA, +11 Spe]
New Ability and Desc: Mold Breaker + Pressure = Pressurizer: As long as this Pokemon is on the field, the first move in an opponent's moveslot and its ability is nonfunctional
Notable Moves: Really, its too long to list. Just remember Psycho Boost and Head Smash
Role Description: Pray. Thats all you need to do against this mon. Pray. Psycho Boost coming off 140 Special Attack really hurts. Head Smash coming off 180 Attack really hurts. Its ability which basically means its opponent is battling with three attacks and no ability is really shocking. While Rampardeos-Attack wont survive ANY hit from FE offence and is 2HKO'd by the most passive of walls, it still packs a punch. It even has Extreme Speed to deal with priority. It cant set up or survive an attack, but if it moves first that wont even matter.

A Rapid Spinning mirror-like snowflake fire toad/turtle thing.....
DNA Donors: Heatran and Cryogonal
Offspring Name: Cryogotran
New Typing: Ice/Steel
New Base Stats: 80/70/88/120/130/93 [+20 Def, +8 SpA, +10 SpD, +3 Spe]
New Ability and Desc: Levitate + Flash Fire = Permafrost: Immune to Fire and Ground attacks
Notable Moves: Rapid Spin, Will o Wisp, Ice Beam, Stealth Rock, taunt, Flash Cannon, Earth Power, Toxic
Role Description: Barring Mold breaker and Clones, Cryogotarn has a crapload of resistances and only one weakness (a x4 weakness to Fighting) to serve as an excellent defensive spinner for teams nneding a Ground or Fire type check. Ha! You see how ironic that is? A Ice/Steel type checking Fire and Ground types
I was checking Wonder Skin users for potential fusions and then I noticed Wonder Skin is Venomoth's Hidden Ability, just saying.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh Really? Gosh darn it. Well Tinted Lens Scalds for daze!!!

PS: I realised I added an extra 5 stats to speed. I adjusted it.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Golurk/Darmanitan (Damn this what you call an intersting fusion. Giving up item slot for pure power)
Thundurus/Typhlosion (Priority 150 base power STAB coming through!!!)
Heatran/Cryogonal (Its gets Recover guys. Just saying)
Shaymin-Sky/Kyurem (Honestly my Favourite sub this time around.)
Porygon2/Cofagrigus ( Lets jump on the walling bandwagon!!)
Ambipom/Rapidash (ChoiceBand. Fake Out)
Dugtrio/Terrakion (Fuck Dark types. Even though they are my favourite)
Stunfisk/Zapdos (Official mascot of stall)
Gengar/Raikou (More offensive ghosts please!!)
Exploud/Ampharos (Remember this for trick room teams)

Get the hypetrain for Stundos and Cryogotran!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Terrakion/Dugtrio (Just badass)
Thundurus/Typhlosion
Porygon2/Cofagrigus
Darkrai/Carbink
(Two Pokemon I would never have thought to fuse, but it looked surprisingly great)
Weezing/Drifblim (Always wanted a Poison/Ghost that actually has bulk to work with)
Zoroark/Keldeo
Stunfisk/Zapdos
Exploud/Ampharos
Heatran/Cryogonal
(honestly the most surprising type combo I've seen, and you made it work)

Last edited:
Terrakion/Dugtrio (odd that I like a fusion that wrecks all of mine :P )
Darkrai/Carbink (Gotta see this get in)
Zoroark/Keldeo (Mind games caused by illusion are the greatest)
Castform/Cherrim (A mon that works on every kind of weather team sounds like something we can find a use for)
Porygon-2/Cofagrigus ( Heroes and Cons you missed the amazing opportunity to make the ability just steal the opposing mon's and leave them without one)
Ampharos/Abomasnow (A setter for Electric Terrain can definitely create some teams that couldn't exist before)
Porygon-Z/Deoxys-Defense (Seems like a pretty decent special sweeper/tank)
Heatran/Cryogonal (I'm a big fan of the Ice/Steel typing myself, designed a custom mon for it even though everyone keeps saying it's shit)

Also rhydreigon any say on whether or not I can have Exdoom's ability 'Amplify' renamed to 'Mix-tape'? It's in the 3rd post in the thread, 3rd from the bottom of that list. Fusion was created by me here http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...submissions-phase.3560216/page-4#post-6618546 and was accepted on the very next page, second post from the bottom (#124).

Last edited:
Hariyama/Mienshao - This ability just seems so much fun
Tyranitar/Abomasnow - I like being able to choose between Hail, Sand or both
Dugtrio/Lopunny - The base ability has so much potential with the mega
Porygon2/Cofagrigus - Normal/Ghost is my fav type combo and y'know that ability is gonna come in handy
Gastrodon/Magcargo - Gastrodon is one of my personal favs and I like seeing Magcargo utilized
Castform/Cherrim - A form for every weather? Sounds freaking great!
Ambipom/Rapidash - Another seemingly fun as hell ability
Heatran/Cryogonal - I always wanted to see an Ice/Steel and it actually works defensively! Plus, you didn't mention it but it has access to Recover!
Garbodor/Zygarde - Self Vote #1
Porygon-Z/Deoxys-D - Self Vote #2

Last edited:
I'm reserving judgment until the list gets added. It's not fair otherwise. =]

EDIT: Well, now it's happened. Best get to it!

Hariyama/Mienshao (The ability is monstrous. SELF VOTE.)
Zoroark/Keldeo (A really interesting concept.)
Gastrodon/Magcargo (Anything involving Magcargo pleases me immensely.)
Persian/Liepard (The only other self-vote I'm allowing myself, purely because the name is silly and the ability is insane. SELF PARP. PARP PARP PARP.)
Skuntank/Vaporeon (I agree with the assertion that it is the future of clerics.)
Tangrowth/Amoongus (Status sponges are my jam. Jam sponge. Mmm.)
Rampardos/Deoxys-Attack (get ramd. Seriously, though, Rampardos is my second-favourite Pokémon and I love the fusion.)
Typhlosion/Thundurus (Fire-type Gale Wings on a 'mon with STAB Eruption? What's not to like?)
Altaria/Genesect (The mega is disgusting, with a STAB-ate ESpeed and the potential for genuine mixed sweeping shenanigans.)
Klefki/Ferrothorn (Prankster effect + Ferrothorn's deceptively extensive support movepool = FUN.)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who voted for my fusions. It really does mean a lot. =]

Last edited:

G-Luke

here is the completed list (barring links) And the creator of Cacturne + Baneete I left that out because it is illegal. Sorry.

Druddigon/Haxorus
Zygarde/Alakazam
Charizard/Victini
Altaria/Genesect
Pinsir/Zygarde
Emboar/Metagross
Abomasnow/Ampharos
Skuntank/Vapoureon
Togekiss/Pidgeot
Smeargle/Slaking
Porygon-Z/Deoxys-Defence
Garbodor/Zygarde
Swoobat/Altaria
Mantine/Omastar
Clawitzer/Dragalgae
Goodra/Salamence
Hippowdon/Ecxadrill
Zoroark/Darkrai
Rapidash/Klingklang
Persian/Liepard
Ursaring/Arcanine
Hariyama/Mienshao
Drapion/Leavanny
Shaymin-Sky/Kyurem
Cacturne/Hitmontop
Tangrowth/Amoongus
Malamar/Porygon-Z
Exploud/Ampharos
Tyranitar/Abomasnow
Jolteon/Articuno
Dugtrio/Lopunny
Golurk/Darmanitan
Smeargle/Chesnaught
Cofagrigus
Reuniclus
Chesnaught/Excadrill
Thundurus/Typhlosion
Stunfisk/Ludicolo
Drapion/Tentacruel
Porygon2/Cofagrigus
Trevenat/Cofagrigus
Gastrodon/Magcargo
Weezing/Drifblim
Cherim/Castform
Heracross/Ledian
Miltank/Tauros
Swanna/Unfezant
Diggersby/Dedenne
Darkrai/Carbink
Ambipom/Rapidash
Dugtrio/Terrakion
Stunfisk/Zapdos
Venomoth/Volcanion
Rampardos/Deoxys-Attack
Klefki/Ferrothorn
Garchomp/Jirachi
Gengar/Raikou
Kyurem/Liepard
Cobalion/Aurorus
Zoroark/Keldeo

tagging rhydreigon so he can do what he does and fix the post

List's been edited into the first submissions posts, and I'm just gonna take this opportunity to address a few things from this thread and the other one.
1. Lennon1398: Sure, changed the ability name.
2. Yeah, so with the thing about typings not matching up, that was because of typings being changed when rules were changed. I'll fix that for Blastninja and Weasol now and if you spot any more of these, PM me and I'll fix it ASAP :]

here is the completed list (barring links) And the creator of Cacturne + Banette I left that out because it is illegal. Sorry.
Damn, you'd think after making like 5 different DNA fusions and then realizing they're illegal I would remember what the rules are for them by now but I guess not.
List's been edited into the first submissions posts, and I'm just gonna take this opportunity to address a few things from this thread and the other one.
1. Lennon1398: Sure, changed the ability name.
Thanks for that.

Alright, here's my top 10.

Kyurem/Liepard (One of mine, and besides, crazed lovechilds of Infernape and Hydreigon are cool, right?)
Zoroark/Keldeo (Another of mine. This one's also a Dark-type that beats other Dark-types!)
Heatran/Cryogonal (Welcome to 4MSS incarnate)
Dugtrio/Terrakion (Mashes Dark-types into the ground, and is a great 'mon in general)
Exploud/Ampharos (This does seem pretty great under Trick Room, but Agility's a thing too)
Garbodor/Zygarde (A bulky attacker with a nice typing and Coil. Sounds good to me)
Stunfisk/Ludicolo (With Specs, this seems incredibly strong in rain)
Cobalion/Aurorus (Yet another of mine, and this one has lots of versatility)
Golurk/Darmanitan (Hits hard, but unfortunately has to run Rock Polish if it wants to be faster)
Clawitzer/Dragalge (Has a bunch of power behind it, and Water Pulse poisoning would be the troll)

Clawitzer / Dragalgae
Cobalion / Aurorus
Heatran / Cryogonal
Dugtrio / Terrakion
Mantine / Omastar
Garbodor / Zygarde
Castform / Cherrim
Hariyama / Mienshao
Stunfisk / Zapdos
Dugtrio / Lopunny

A little late getting in, it's been a crazy week for me as well.
Gastrodon/Magcargo
Castform/Cherrim
Garbodor/Zygarde
Darkrai/Carbink
Klefki/Ferrothorn
Ambipom/Rapidash
Stunfisk/Zapdos
Weezing/Drifblim
Skuntank/Vaporeon
Porygon-Z/Deoxys-Defense

Edit: Standings are back! It's been three days, but I think we can extend it one more day this time since the full list wasn't up right away. See you all tomorrow!

Edit edit: Standings have been updated to include Exodix's votes.
I'm going to close this down before I go to bed tonight, so if you have votes to cast, do so now!
*6 Votes*
Heatran/Cryogonal

*5 Votes*
Dugtrio/Terrakion
Garbodor/Zygarde
Castform/Cherrim

*4 Votes*
Porygon2/Cofagrigus
Zoroark/Keldeo
Stunfisk/Zapdos
Gastrodon/Magcargo
Darkrai/Carbink
Ambipom/Rapidash

*3 Votes*
Thundurus/Typhlosion
Exploud/Ampharos
Hariyama/Mienshao
Porygon-Z/Deoxys-Defense
Clawitzer/Dragalge
Skuntank/Vaporeon
Weezing/Drifblim
Klefki/Ferrothorn

*2 Votes*
Golurk/Darmanitan
Dugtrio/Lopunny
Cobalion/Aurorus
Shaymin-Sky/Kyurem

*1 Vote*
Gengar/Raikou
Ampharos/Abomasnow
Persian/Liepard
Tyranitar/Abomasnow
Tangrowth/Amoonguss
Rampardos/Deoxys-Attack
Altaria/Genesect
Kyurem/Liepard
Stunfisk/Ludicolo
Mantine/Omastar

Last edited:
Shyamin-Sky/Kyurem
Weezing/Drifblim
Skuntank/Vaporeon
Klefki/Ferrothorn
Clawitzer/Dragalge
Ambipom/Rapidash
Castform/Cherrim
Gastrodon/Magcargo
Carbink/Darkrai
Garbodor/Zygarde

G-Luke

So assuming old rules apply, ties getting in, this slate is gonna end with a large and very unique assemble.

Edit: I also really hope hidden abilities can get some discussion. Dragonite needs a viable fusion.

Last edited:
Yeah, 10 fusions is a bit more than normal, but it doesn't look like we're getting a tie-breaker before voting closes down. I'll be shutting things down around midnight tonight (CST), just to give people a few more hours to possibly cast the pivotal votes lol.

As for Hidden Abilities, I personally would love to use them (so many more Contrary sources!) but can a few possible reasons why that decision might have been made. If the other council members were to discuss it, I'd weigh in favor.

So assuming old rules apply, ties getting in, this slate is gonna end with a large and very unique assemble.

Edit: I also really hope hidden abilities can get some discussion. Dragonite needs a viable fusion.
Bro we just need to think outside the box. Think about what Focus could mean for something when merged with another ability. Hidden Abilities would be mighty Dank though. also swiggity getting my 5th fusion voted in!

Edit: Gonna be submitting a Dragonite fusion this next submission phase, just for you...

Last edited:
Voting is now closed! We had a lot of great fusions this time around, as can be seen in the large tie. Interestingly, not a single winner has a mega evolution!

Our winners are

A Rapid Spinning mirror-like snowflake fire toad/turtle thing...
DNA Donors: Heatran and Cryogonal
Offspring Name: Cryogotran
New Typing: Ice/Steel
New Base Stats: 80/70/88/120/130/93 [+20 Def, +8 SpA, +10 SpD, +3 Spe]
New Ability and Desc: (Levitate + Flash Fire) Permafrost - Immune to Fire and Ground attacks
Notable Moves: Rapid Spin, Will o Wisp, Ice Beam, Stealth Rock, taunt, Flash Cannon, Earth Power, Toxic, Recover, Fire Blast, Lava Plume, Magma Storm, Freeze Dry
Role Description: Barring Mold breaker and Clones, Cryogotarn has a crapload of resistances and only one weakness (a x4 weakness to Fighting) to serve as an excellent defensive spinner for teams nneding a Ground or Fire type check. Ha! You see how ironic that is? A Ice/Steel type checking Fire and Ground types. And it gets the amazing Recover to heal off damage? Spectacular!! Dont be surprised to see this staple on stall, balance, Hail and sun teams!

Dark types beware!
DNA Donors: Terrakion + Dugtrio
Offspring name: Dugterra
New type: Fighting / Ground
New base stats: 73 / 124 (+20) / 70 / 61 / 80 / 134 (+20)
New ability and desc: (Justified + Arena Trap) Prison Cell - Traps Dark types
Notable moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Close Combat, Sucker Punch, Sword Dance, Memento, Stealth Rock, Taunt, Quick Attack
Role identification: Darmega crushing your teams dreams? Umlord walling you to hell and back? Mega Magmozam needs to clean but a stray Sucker Punch too threatening? Call on Dugterra! Dugterra's amazing ability Prison Cell allows it to trap pesky Dark types taking over FE and take them out, allowing other Psychic type team members to finish up. Not only being a good trapper, access to Stealth Rock, Taunt , high speed and Memento turns it into a great suicide lead as well.

Guardian of Kalos' Waste-disposal System
Parents: Garbodor + Zygarde
Shared egg group: DNA
Offspring name: Garbagorde
New type: Poison/Ground
New base stats: 105 / 105 / 105 /70 / 105 / 85 [BST 575; +11HP, +8ATK, +4DEF, +17SDef]
New ability and desc: (Weak Armor + Aura Break) Heavy Armor - If a physical attack hits this Pokemon, defense is raised by 1, speed is lowered by 1.
Notable moves: Coil, Crunch, Dragon Dance, Dragon Tail, Drain Punch, Earthquake, Explosion, Extreme Speed, Glare, Gunk Shot, Rest, Rock Blast, Rock Polish, Rock Slide, Seed Bomb, Sleep Talk, Spikes, Stone Edge, Superpower, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Zen Headbutt
Role identification: Garbogarde's primary role is that of a physical tank due to the effectiveness of Heavy Armor. 105/105/105 bulk means Garbogarde can take a few hits before going down, even without recovery, although a Sleep Talk set may be viable. While a 105 attack stat isn't the greatest it gives it the offensive presence it needs, especially with high power STABs in Earthquake and Gunk Shot. Garbogarde also has access to really useful attacks in Dragon Tail, Drain Punch, and Extreme Speed, the latter two helping cover up it's two main flaws, lack of recovery and low speed. If you wanna be more offensive, then Garbogarde has good boosting moves in Coil, Dragon Dance, and Rock Polish, while if you wanna offer more team support, Garbogarde has access to Spikes/Toxic Spikes, and Glare.

Weather the weather, whatever the weather, whether you like it or not.
Parents: Castform and Cherrim
Egg Group: Fairy
Offspring Name: Cherform
New Type: Grass/Normal
Base Stats: 80 / 75 / 80 / 88 / 84 / 87
New Ability: (Forecast + Flower Gift) Weather Front - Cherform's type and appearance change depending on the weather. It replaces its Normal type with Rock in sandstorm, Ice in hail, Fire in harsh sunlight, and Water in rain. In addition, the Special Attack and Special Defense stats of the user and its allies are increased by 1.5x in all four weathers.
Notable Moves: Nature Power, Headbutt, Return, Facade, Secret Power, Reflect Type.
Role Description: Grass/Normal, scarce Notable Moves, and no stats above 90? What is this, some kind of joke? No my friends, because while this Fusion does not have a mega, this is not the form you want to spend any time in. For those, see below.

Day 33: They still think I'm one of them.
Sandy/Snowy/Sunny/Rainy Cherform
New Types:
Grass/Water, Grass/Rock, Grass/Ice, and Grass/Fire
Base Stats: 80 / 75 / 80 / 132 / 126 / 87
Notable Moves: Morning Sun, Growth, Leech Seed, Sunny Day, Hail, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Worry Seed, Solar Beam, Petal Dance, Petal Blizzard, Swords Dance, Aromatherapy, Healing Wish, Nature Power, Seed Bomb, Weather Ball, Giga Drain, Synthesis, Headbutt, Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Hurricane, Thunder, Return, Facade, Scald, Thunder Wave, Secret Power, Amnesia, Clear Smog, Cosmic Power, Disable, Hex, Tailwind.
Role Description: Now this is more like it. While is speed and physical bulk are still lacking, Cherform can only shine under weather. Able to play for any of the four teams, it nevertheless prefers not to go out in hail, as Grass/Ice is a terrible typing. But in sun it becomes a potent, if slow, attacker thanks to Growth. In rain it's got a great typing and can fire off perfectly accurate Thunders and Hurricanes of of its 132 SpA while helping its team by spreading status. In sand its SpD gets boosted to a fantastic 168, so buffing its Defenses with Cosmic Power and shooting off Weather Balls is a good option, though lack of recovery hurts. In hail, I guess if you have time you can be a decent cleric? I'm no good at ice, but I'm sure there's something.

Pharaoh of the Digital World.
Parents: Porygon2 + Cofagrigus
Shared egg group: DNA
Offspring name: Porygrigus
New type: Normal/Ghost
New base stats: 90 / 65 / 130 / 108 / 100 / 45 (BST 540; +19HP, +13Def, +8SpA)
New ability and desc: (Mummy + Trace) Negative Body - Resets all stat changes of the opponent upon switching in.
Notable moves: Shadow Ball, Tri Attack, Nasty Plot, Signal Beam, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Foul Play, Thunder Wave, Recover, Haze, Trick Room.
Role identification: Putting a stop to setup sweepers and Baton Pass users, Porygrigus is the ultimate Tank for combating Hyper Offense teams. An amazing Ghost/Normal typing leaves it with 3 immunities, 2 resistances, and only a single weakness to Dark-type moves (excepting Scrappy Pokemon); its ability also supplements its defenses by stopping boosted opponents in their tracks, allowing you to either KO or status them into uselessness. Recover is also a fantastic move for this Pokemon, giving its already great bulk some impressive staying power, and its good Special Attack stat, strong dual STABs and effective coverage also allow it to run a bulky Nasty Plot set, or attempt to clean a team with a Trick Room set thanks to its abysmal Speed stat.
That said, it does have a few issues. It is very susceptible to Knock Off, and it can be quite passive if it has not invested in Special Attack. Still, use Porygrigus to its strength, and it will serve you well.

It's a bird? It's a plane? It's the hero we deserve.
DNA Donors: Zoroark + Keldeo
Offspring Name: Zoroldeo
New typing: Dark/Fighting
New base stats: 75 / 106 / 81 / 125 / 81 / 115 [583BST; +18Atk, +6Def, + 1SpA, +6SpD, +9Spe]
New Ability + description: (Illusion + Justified) Justice Illusion - The bearer appears as the last Pokemon in the party until it takes direct damage from a non Dark-type source.
Notable moves: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Secret Sword, Extrasensory, Hydro Pump, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Sludge Bomb, Night Daze, U-turn, Swords Dance, Knock Off, Close Combat, Sucker Punch, Poison Jab, Sacred Sword, X-Scissor, Icy Wind
Role identification: Fast and strong, with the addition of Illusion mindgames. Secret Sword in particular is cool in that it hits the target on its Defense stat, thus easily breaking walls that have low Defense and rely on their special bulk to save them. It can go for a Swords Dance set for further mindgames, as it certainly has the powerful moves to make a mark.

Our favourite Flatfish power plant is back!
DNA donors: Stunfisk and Zapdos
Offspring Name: Stundos
New Typing: Ground/Electric
New Base Stats: 110 / 88 / 115 / 123 / 115 / 76 [+20Def, +10SpA, +10SpD]
New Ability and Desc: (Pressure + Static) Power Drain - Paralyzes any Pokemon that reduces its PP.
Notable Moves: Volt Switch, Roost, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Earth Power, Stealth Rock, Discharge, Heat Wave, Defog, Scald.
Role Identification: This is Stunfisk, but better in every single way. It's a good burdspam counter, Electric Wall, and PP staller all in one. It's access to volt switch allows for it to be a bulky pivot. With access to roost, it allows Stundos to keep itself alive for longer and it's got better bulk than suicune at 110/115/115 stats, and with a pretty slow roost allows it to heal faster and with a 123 special attack stat it can actually threaten things with any of it's coverage moves. It also has access to stealth rock, which allows it to find a place on hazard stacking teams.

Soak and Smashing win the race.
Parents: Gastrodon and Magcargo
Shared Egg Group: Amorphous
New Type: Fire/Ground
New Base Stats: 90 / 86 / 104 / 96 / 91 / 44
New Ability: (Flame Body + Storm Drain) Steam Sauna - Grants immunity to water-type moves. When hit by one, this Pokemon's Special Attack is raised by one stage and there is a 30% chance that all opponents will be burned.
Notable Moves: Recover, Toxic, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Sludge Wave, Sludge Bomb, Scald, Infestation, Substitute, Surf, Acid Armor, Amnesia, Clear Smog, Curse, Memento, Mist, Yawn, Earth Power, Pain Split, Ancient Power, Lava Plume, Shell Smash, Flamethrower, Light Screen, Reflect, Solar Beam, Flame Charge, Overheat, Will-O-Wisp, Rock Polish, Gyro Ball, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Heat Wave, Stealth Rock.
Role Identification: With decent stats in everything but speed, oriented mostly toward physical defense and special attack, and only one weakness, Magastro has exactly what its hotter parent always wanted: the survivability to make use of Recover and Shell Smash. If sweeping (with a potential 240 SpA should you also switch into a water move) isn't your slice of snail pie, Magastro also inherits an excellent support pool, with its plethora of burn-inducing moves, hazards, and sundry other options.

Joke name, joke concept, seriously dangerous.
Parents: Darkrai + Carbink
Name: Dank
New Type: Dark/Fairy
New Base Stats: 70 / 70 / 120 / 107 / 120 / 102 [+10HP, +15SpA, +15Spe]
New Ability: (Clear Body + Bad Dreams) Smoke Body - Damages the opposing Pokemon for 1/8 of its HP at the end of each turn while it is asleep or if it tries to lower Dank's stats, stats cannot be lowered.
Notable Moves: Moonblast, Dark Pulse, Foul Play, Sucker Punch, Focus Blast, Spacial Rend, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Earth Power, Power Gem, Psychic, Knock Off, Explosion, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Rock Polish, Dark Void, Will-o-wisp, Thunder Wave, Taunt, Stealth Rock
Role Identification: This fusion was meant to be a joke but turned out better than I expected. Dank is an amazing Defog/Intimidate punisher and a great setup sweeper with Nasty Plot and all the coverage you could ask for.

Better get a Flinch absorber
Parents: Ambipom and Rapidash
Shared Egg Group: Field
New Stats: 80 / 110 / 78 / 80 / 83 / 120
New Typing: Normal/Fire
New Ability and Desc: (Technician + Run Away) Strike and Pass - All moves at 60 base power or below get boosted by x1.5 and gain a U-Turn switching effect
Notable Moves: Fake Out, Flare Blitz, Double Hit, Flame Charge, Quick Attack, Pursuit, Return, Double-Edge, Will o Wisp, Drill Run, Knock Off
Role Description: Rapipom's stats look OK at first glance, but Rapipom is probably gonna be the most influential Pokemon in FE. Strike and Pass turns ALL moves at 60 base power or below into U-Turn clones! Fake Out is literally the definition of a free switch in, while Double Hit packs a punch and gets Rapipom out of pesky situations. It turns into a viable Pursuit trapper, not only being boosted by Strike and Pass, but getting a free switch as well. It's a badass in general.

Congrats to all of you! Now, on the the Discussion Phase. As usual, analyze these abilities. Are they balanced? Can they be better? Help find the best moveset for them based on their new roles. Should it boost its Attack first? Is it a team supporter? Try to guess any checks or counters we might run into later, and if possible, see if one of the other fusions would make a good teammate to get past these counters.Above all, have fun!

Last edited:

G-Luke

Everything looks really solid. I got four fusions through!! I will individually review all of the fusions, but one small nitpick. Zoroldeo's Justice Illusion shouldnt raise its attack if hit by a dark attack, since that removes the purpose of Illusion (and instantly know your Mamodrill shouldnt try to Knock Off that "Porylure")

Cryogotran is essentially better than Heatran, and will probably be used as either a Offensive SR user, a defensive spinner or an important part of niche Hail teams (Which are slowly getting better and better).

Cryogotran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Ability: Permafrost
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Freeze Dry
- Lava Plume

Dugterra in itself is like in a pickle. The tier is choking with Ghosts and Fairies, and faces STIFF competition from other Ground and Fighting types. But Dugterra separates itself from the rest with Prison Cell, which allows it to trap dark types that threaten teammates.

Dugterra @ Choice Band / Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Prison Cell
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Nice band set for ravaging poor dark types. Lum Berry is an option to properly check Zorcanine.

Garbogarde is a potent member on Hazard stacking team, with great defensive typing and ability, offensive presence and access to three hazards.

Garbogarde @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Ability: Heavy Armour
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes / Dragon Tail
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake

As I said, great set for hazard stacking teams. I was just around building teams qhen I remembered that this aint coded.

Really nice weather abuser, but I have ONE nitpick. Cant Weather Front boost its SPECIAL Attack by 50%? Without that its next to unusuable since its physical STAB is (and only is) Petal Blizzard. And Normal coverage aint that spectacular either.

I have nothing to say about this beast. Its simply too good.

Polygrigus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Ability: Negative Body
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Will o Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Tri-Attack

Sucks to be physical attackers.

I talked about its ability problem, so lets talk about its pros. Another viable Zoroark fusion, Zoroldeo sets itself apart in that its effiency in keeping up a Illusion thanks to Dark attacks not breaking it. On the flip side it can only masquarade as something that resists rock typing, or SR would give it away.

Zoroldeo @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Justice Illusion
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

And Tetraplex, all of my fusions for next will be able to mega evolve to compensate.

Last edited:
Question with regard to Rapipom: Would Strike And Pass work with Acrobatics if it wasn't holding an item? Like, NGEM Fake Out, come back in, get the boosts for Acro, and switch out again? Might be worth considering... and when we get around to designing the move, it might well be worth cobbling together a Normal-type version of the move. Y'know, for that extra little bit of bullshit. =]

G-Luke

If its Normal Gem, it loses its item and its base power doubles, so Strike and Pass wouldn't effect it anymore. Besides neither of them are part Flying so it would be impossible anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)