Galladiator vs penguin344 at the Fiery Gym

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like a 1v1, please. NFE only.

2 day DQ, 3 for ref
0 recover, 5 chills

Arena: Fire Gym Concept

I'll think up some flavor later, but for now I'll give you the short version.

Summary:
20x20 steel platform, 10 ft above a magma pit; falling in deals 10 damage and has a 35% chance of burning the Pokemon (unless it is a Fire-type)
Fire-type moves gain 1 BAP (before calculations)
Water- and Ice-type moves lose 1 BAP (before calculations)
10% chance of a random fire jet hitting one of the Pokemon (counts as a neutral-natured, 3 Sp. Atk Ember without STAB; Pokemon with Flash Fire take no damage but do not get the boost)

EDIT: Yeah, no digging or seismic moves, either. Sorry about that.
I'll take that Galladiator.

Switch: N/A
Items: No
Abilities: One

Also, can we use digging moves? I assume no.
Welcome to this gym battle (sort of) between Galladiator and penguin344. It's already pretty hot in here, so lets get this battle under way. And here are the teams:

Galladiator:

Litwick [Jean] (F)
Nature: Modest (+ Sp. Atk, - Atk)
Type:
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any opposing fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2). Self-targeted attacks do not give the boost.
Flame Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Shadow Tag (DW): (Innate) Upon entry into battle, this Pokemon’s Shadow expands across the arena and dissipates, forcing opposing Pokemon to stay within 10 meters of this Pokemon. The Shadow entirely negates the ability to switch for every Pokemon except those who also have Shadow Tag.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 20

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Moves:
Ember
Astonish
Minimize
Smog
Fire Spin
Confuse Ray
Night Shade
Will-o-Wisp
Flame Burst
Imprison

Acid Armor
Clear Smog
Heat Wave

Shadow Ball
Fire Blast
Energy Ball

penguin344:

Gible (*) Bruce (M)
Nature: Lonely (+1 Atk, -1 Def)
Type: Dragon / Ground
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:

Sand Veil: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Rough Skin (DW): (Innate, Locked) When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 42

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:

Tackle (*)
Sand-Attack (*)
Dragon Rage (*)
Sandstorm (*)
Take Down (*)
Sant Tomb (*)
Slash (*)

Outrage (*)
Iron Head (*)
Body Slam (*)

Earthquake (*)
Stone Edge (*)
Flamethrower (*)

And the order of events will be:

penguin344 issues orders
Galladiator issues orders
jas61292 refs
Galladiator issues orders
penguin344 issues orders
jas61292 refs
etc...

And remember to declare your abilities. Good luck to both of you, and let the battle begin!

He needs to delcare his ability before I make my actions, right?

Also, sending out my pokemon now. Not like it makes a difference if I send out mine first or last, as I only have one ability.

Gible (*) Bruce (M)
Nature: Lonely

Alright Bruce, Start off with a Sandstorm, then use Stone Edge, and finally use Dragon Rage.

Sandstorm > Stone Edge > Dragon Rage

Also, reasoning for using rock moves is that magma is molten rock, so we can use the magma.

If you can't use Rock Moves, use Outrage instead.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
penguin344: The magma idea is creative, and it makes sense to me, so I'll allow it.

Energy: 100
Boosts: None
Other: None

Energy: 100

Round 1:

Two Pokémon sand across from each other on a metal platform dangling above a pit of magma, awaiting the start of their battle. On one side is a Litwick named Jean, who hopes to uses this fiery arena to her advantage. Across the field is a Gible named Bruce, who wants his typing to be the deciding factor in this battle. And then, at the referee’s command, the battle begins.

Gible wastes no time before kicking up Sand, causing a raging storm over the arena. The little dragon seems to disappear into the sand, making it hard for Litwick to aim. But even without any idea of Gible’s exact location, Litwick shoots out a few blue flames into the sand. Luckily enough for the candle pokemon, this Will-O-Wisp hits its mark, inflicting a burn on Gible.

While his burn seems quite painful, Gible will not let that deter it from attacking, and it calls up a stone from the surrounding magma pit. He slams the Edge of the Stone into Litwick for super effective damage. Litwick is able to regain focus though, and sets off a Fire Blast into the sand, hitting Gible again.

I think Gible is a little annoyed that his sand veil hasn’t helped him avoid any of these lower accuracy moves, and it seems that his rage is building. Dragon Rage, that is, which he shoots out at Litwick, for another nice chunk of damage. But Litwick is trading blow for blow, as her Shadow Ball hits Gible right back.

HP: 69
Energy: 81

HP: 67
Energy: 76

The Sandstorm rages for 3 more rounds.

Action 1:
Gible – Sandstorm (10 Energy)
Litwick – Will-o-Wisp (7 Energy)
Gible takes 2 burn damage
Litwick takes 2 sandstorm damage

Action 2:
Gible – Stone Edge ((10-3+[4-2]*1.5)*1.5 = 15 Damage, 7 Energy)
Litwick – Fire Blast ((12+1+3+[4-2]*1.5)*.67 = 12.73 -> 13 Damage, 7 Energy)

Action 3:
Gible – Dragon Rage (10 Damage, 7 Energy)
Litwick – Shadow Ball (8+3+[4-2]*1.5 = 14 Damage, 5 Energy)

You're up, Galladiator

Well, hax has failed me.

Gible, gather up sand from the sandstorm and use it for a Sand Attack. Then, hit him with a Stone Edge, and then hit him with a Dragon Rage.

jas61292

used substitute

HP: 69
Energy: 81

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_5b_443_m.png
HP: 67
Energy: 76

Round 2:

So, apparently, Sand Veil isn’t enough for Gible, so it takes some of the Sand and Attacks Litwick with it, lowering her accuracy. But Litwick doesn’t seem to want to attack right now, and uses Acid Armor to melt into the surrounding lava.

Satisfied with its chances of dodging moves, Gible goes back on the offensive, hitting Litwick with another Stone Edge. But Litwick is still not attacking, and Minimizes down to mini size.

Since the combo worked so well last round, Gible decides to follow up the last attack with another Dragon Rage. But Litwick was so small that the attack just flew right by and missed.With sand all around the tiny little Litwick can’t really seem to see anything and fires off a Shadow Ball blindly. But it seems Litwick has luck on its side today, as the move hits its mark once more. Even with all the sand around Litwick seems as sharp as ever. Can she keep this up, or will the conditions turn the battle back in Gible’s favor?

HP: 51
Energy: 57
Boosts: +1 Def, +2 Evas, -1 Acc

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_5b_443_m.png
HP: 47
Energy: 53

The Sandstorm rages for 2 more rounds.

Action 1:
Gible – Sand Attack (4 Energy)
Litwick – Acid Armor (7 Energy)

Action 2:
Gible – Stone Edge ((10-3+[4-2]*1.5)*1.5-2*1.5 = 12 Damage, 7 Energy)
Litwick – Minimize (12 Energy)

Action 3:
Gible – Dragon Rage (Missed, 7 Energy)
Litwick – Shadow Ball (8+3+[4-2]*1.5 = 14 Damage, 5 Energy)

It's your turn penguin344

Why was it we banned garchomp again? Oh, the irony.

Alright Gible, fire off another Sand Attack. Then, hit him with a Stone Edge and finally hit him with another Sand Attack.

jas61292

used substitute
So, I was a little conflicted on how to handle a self Clear Smog. It is supposed to remove boosts, but target at oneself, would you be able to choose its effects? What I decided on was that since Minimize was a perminant boost in which you physically shrink, you would be allowed to keep that boost, but the Accuracy drop and Defense boosts would both be removed. In addition, since Clear Smog is a Damaging move, I did have to make Litwick take some damage from it.

HP: 51
Energy: 57
Boosts: +1 Def, +2 Evas, -1 Acc

HP: 47

Energy: 53

Round 3:

Gible really hasn’t had any luck today. Despite all his attempts to make himself unhittable, he has been missing more than his opponent. But he is not giving up on his efforts, and shoots out another Sand Attack. But his luck just isn’t good today, and the attack misses. Meanwhile, Litwick releases a thick cloud of gas around herself. It seems to hurt her a little sting a bit, but it clears some of the sand out of her eyes.

Now I really think Gible is just pissed off right now. And as he has twice already, he picks up a rock and slams Litwick with a Stone Edge (you know, I always thought Stone Edge was the move that was supposed to miss a lot, not be the only one that hits). Litwick looks hurt from this attack, but in no time she is up and retaliates with a Shadow Ball. True to form, this attack hits again. And just to rub it in, the attack shook Gible so much that his Special Defense dropped.

OK, seriously. Gible wants to know why he can’t dodge a single move. Things are just not working out. But if at first you fail, try, try again. And so he does, with one more Sand Attack, which this time hits its mark. Litwick, with sand in its eyes once more, decides to remedy the loss of its defense drops from earlier by once again using Acid Armor.

Then, suddenly, the arena starts to rumble. A fire jet bursts out of the magma pit and flies straight at the two Pokémon. Fortunately for both of them, Litwick is the one enveloped by the fire, and it easily shrugs it off thanks to its Flash Fire Ability.

HP: 25
Energy: 41
Boosts: +2 Def, +2 Evas, -1 Acc

HP: 27

Energy: 38
Boosts: -1 SpD

The Sandstorm rages for 1 more rounds.

Action 1:
Gible – Sand Attack (Miss, 4 Energy)
Litwick – Clear Smog on Self (5 Damage, 4 Energy)

Action 2:
Gible – Stone Edge ((10-3+[4-2]*1.5)*1.5= 15 Damage, 7 Energy)
Litwick – Shadow Ball (8+3+[4-2]*1.5 = 14 Damage, 5 Energy, -1 SpD)

Action 3:
Gible – Sand Attack (4 Energy)
Litwick – Acid Armor (7 Energy)
Fire Jet hits Litwick (No Damage due to Flash Fire)

Galladiator, your turn.

I actually knew the CS would hurt. I went with it because I knew the type matchup meant it wouldn't do much damage. Anyway, time to finish this.

Shadow Ball + Shadow Ball (combo)...cool down...Chill

Thanks, it's taking a long time to choose my move. I'll edit the moves in soon, since I need a little more time.

[EDIT]: Alright, moves chosen.

Sand Attack > Stone Edge > Dragon Rage

I can only hope that the accuracy drops that are doubled by the combo kick in, else there isn't much I can do.

jas61292

used substitute

HP: 25
Energy: 41

HP: 27

Energy: 38

Round 4:

The situation is looking grim for Gible. Even with the odds in his favor, he hasn’t been able to dodge any moves. And to make things worse, he hasn’t even been hitting his target very much. So when his Sand Attack misses once more, I don’t think anyone is surprised. Litwick on the other hand has had great luck so far, and it seems that see wants to end it right now. She focuses all here energy into a massive Double Shadow Ball and sends it flying. It flies into the sandstorm, right towards Gible. But somehow, finally, luck was on Gibles side, as the last of the sandstorm kept its Sand Veil working, and made the biggest attack of them all miss its target.

As if that miss gave Gible new life, it finds a Stone, and charges in at full speed, slamming the Edge of it into Litwick at full force. And, as if to make Gible’s turnaround complete, the attack goes Critical dealing huge damage. In the meantime, all Litwick can do is cool itself down after the massive effort it exerted on its last move.

Realizing now that one more move can win it, Gible reaches deep within himself, and breathes out one last Dragon Rage. The attack makes contact, and Litwick collapses to the ground, knocked out.

HP: KO
Energy: 9

HP: 23

Energy: 35

Action 1:
Gible – Sand Attack (Miss, 4 Energy)
Litwick – Shadow Ball + Shadow Ball Combo (Miss, 32 Energy)

Action 2:
Gible – Stone Edge (Critical Hit, (10-3+3+[4-2]*1.5)*1.5-2*1.5= 16.5 -> 17 Damage, 7 Energy)
Litwick – Cool Down

Action 3:
Gible – Dragon Rage (10 Damage, 7 Energy)

Good game you guys. That was certainly one of the crazier RNGs I have seen. Any ways, on to the rewards:

Galladiator: 2 TC
Litwick: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC

penguin344: 2 TC
Gible: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KOC

jas61292: 2 RC

jas61292

used substitute
Yeah, Galladiator, I couln't really believe it either. To be honest, a miss really wasn't that surprising. Its just the fact that the one miss was that one that makes it seem so absurd.

To be honest, the biggest surprise for me was all the Stone Edges hitting.

So, yeah, crazy RNG/please don't try to kill me.

Only kidding. It's just frustrating, though, when you have the game won, then the attack misses at the last second. I keep getting robbed like that for some reason.

Well, you did have double Sand Veil and -2 Accuracy stages, so it isn't like it was a 95 accuracy move missing.

Then the crit happened.

I'm pretty sure my jaw dehinged and hit the floor when I read that.

jas61292

used substitute
Actually, that crit didn't really matter, as Dragon Rage still would have KOd without it. Though when I rolled the crit, I couldn't believe it either,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)