1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Completed Galladiator Vs. Yarnus of Bethany, 1v1 LC match

Discussion in 'ASB' started by rickheg, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickheg

rickheg

So, let's get straight to the good stuff, shall we? The pokemon each trainer has chosen to compete!!!

Galladiator has chosen his dear pokemon;

And Yarnus of Bethany, who has moved me like never before with how verbose he can be;
    Since Galladiator issued the challenge, he sends out his Aron, Korangon (no post required)
    Then Yarnus sends out his Aipom, Pow! (also no post required), then issues his actions (post required)
    Then Galladiator shall issue his own actions (post required here too)
    Then I shall ref (post required here too, wouldn't you know it)
    And so on and so forth. You can attach your training item of choice when you issue your first actions each.

Aaaannnndddd....

begin!
  2. Yarnus of Bethany

Yarnus of Bethany

Brick Break, Dig, Brick Break
    If double team, taunt
    If metal burst, Focus punch+ Focus punch
  3. Galladiator

Galladiator

Kor is holding a Lucky Egg.

That's going to be a bit tricky, but I think this should work just fine.

Iron Defense, Protect, Head Smash
  4. rickheg

rickheg

Every roll I do is out of 10000, just as a heads-up. I'm also kinda bad at any lengthy flavor.

[​IMG]
    90 HP
    100 Energy

Vs.

[​IMG]
    90 HP
    100 Energy

Alright, let's get things rolling here, I'm sure both trainers want to get these pokemon ready for the big leagues! Galladiator sends out his Aron, Korangon, holding a Lucky Egg, that way the little mountain-eater will be able to unlock his full potential even faster! Yarnus of Bethany responds with an Aipom named Pow! yes, that exclamation point is part of the little guy's name. He has unlocked his full potential, perhaps he is baiting easier winning experience against other weaker mons with smaller movepools? If that's the case, then Galladiator has fallen right into his trap, let's see if Kor's hard exterior can get him out of it and make Yarnus pay for his trickery.

Pow! starts the match off by taking a Brick (where did he even get that brick? There aren't any around that I can see) and Breaks it over Korangon's head, and it looks like that (to me at least) confusing play dealt some major damage to the little Aron still learning how to fight. I don't know if the little guy understands how to strike back yet, as he takes the brick remnants and eats them, buffing his already Iron Defense.

Pow! is looking to keep up the offensive pressure by burrowing underground. Korangon sees this, and knows the devastating blow about to befall him, so he surrounds himself with a Protective barrier. If Korangon wants to survive this fight, he has to take the offensive at some point! Pow! comes back up under Korangon, but the barrier is still up to prevent the blow!

Pow! is now running circles around Korangon, knowing that barrier has to fall sometime. And sure enough, Korangon has to drop the barrier before he tires himself out. While catching his breath, the Aron fails to notice Pow! taking another Brick (I really have to pay closer attention to where he's getting those bricks from) and Breaking it on Korangon's back. It looks like this enraged Korangon to finally try to fight back, as he lowers his Head and charges forward, hoping to Smash into Pow! I say hoping, because the little guy tucked his head too soon, allowing Pow! to simply jump out of the way on his tail, meaning the attack missed!

Data (open)
    Aipom
    Brick Break
    RNG roll to crit; 9514 = no crit
    [8 - 1 + (4 - 4)*1.5]*2.25 = 15.75 Damage, 6 Energy

Dig
    RNG roll to crit; 2853 = no crit
    [8 - 1 + (4 - 4)*1.5]*2.25 - 2*(1.75) = 12.25 Damage, 10 Energy, blocked

Brick Break
    RNG roll to crit; 7982 = no crit
    [8 - 1 + (4 - 4)*1.5]*2.25 - 2*(1.75) = 12.25 Damage, 6 Energy

Aron
    Iron Defense
    6 Energy

Protect
    7 + (12.25/2.5) = 11.9 Energy

Head Smash
    RNG roll to hit; 9921 = miss
    9.6 Energy

[​IMG]
    90 HP
    78 Energy

Vs.

[​IMG]
    72 HP
    73 Energy
    +1 Defense

Korangon is a little late starting his offense, but hopefully luck will be less against him and he can mount a comeback! Or will Pow! maintain his lead?!?!?!?!!?!??!

Galladiator, you're up next!!
  5. Galladiator

Galladiator

Now's our chance. Do what you can, Kor!

Iron Head + Head Smash combo, cool down, Earthquake
    IF Protect OR evasive Agility on the action of the combo THEN Autotomize and push down
    IF Counter on the action of the combo THEN Autotomize and push down ONCE
  6. Yarnus of Bethany

Yarnus of Bethany

Fake out, Focus Punch + Focus Punch, cool down
  7. rickheg

rickheg

[​IMG]
    90 HP
    78 Energy

Vs.

[​IMG]
    72 HP
    73 Energy
    +1 Defense

Alright, let's get back to the action!!!

Korangon gets ready for one hell of an attack, I can already tell! Unfortunately for the little guy, Pow! runs up and slaps him right across the face. It doesn't look like it hurt much, but I think it Faked Out Korangon. It looks like we won't find out what that attack would have been after all, as Korangon flinches.

Korangon is awaiting an order from his trainer, as Pow! tightens his focus insanely hard. Seriously, you're gonna pop a blood vessel. Korangon doesn't know what to do, as he was going to use a combo last turn, so he was expecting to cooldown this turn, so he just does nothing. Pow!, on the other hand, turns into one giant-ass fist, and slams into Korangon with a Super Focus Punch, dealing such incredible damage that it finished off Korangon before he could land a single move! Korangon has been KO'ed!

Data (open)
    Aipom
    Fake Out
    RNG roll to crit; 4312 = no crit
    [4 - 1 + 3 + (4 - 4)*1.5]*4/9 - 1.75 = 0.92 Damage, 3 Energy

Focus Punch+Focus Punch
    RNG roll to crit; 4056 = no crit
    [33.75 - 1 + (4 - 4)*1.5]*2.25 - 1.75 = 71.94 Damage, 42 Energy

Aron
    Iron Head+Head Smash
    Flinch

Nothing

[​IMG]
    90 HP
    33 Energy

Vs.

[​IMG]
    0 HP
    73 Energy

Prizes
    Yarnus; 2 CC
    Aipom; 3 MC, 1 KOC

Galladiator; 2 CC
    Aron; 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 Lucky Egg Counter (good for EC or DC)

rickheg; 3 UC

Thanks for playing, both of you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)