Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty disappointing season finale. I would have preferred to have some cliffhangers to give something to hold on to for a year. I'm with Kinneas here, Dany is the becomes the least interesting character for a while as she just sits on her ass and plays the role of Abe Lincoln. I don't know how I feel about speeding up some of the timelines.

The Small Council meeting was great. Joffrey flipping out, Tywin not putting up with his shit and the always outstanding Tyrion and Tywin talks.

The reveal of Theon's Reek's torturer is revealed, Ramsay Snow.

Arya's killing scene was top notch.

Little bit of foreshadowing of Arya's future endeavors with the Faceless's Men. Talked to MJB about the episode. Logs:

[12:12:4] <%Subject18> MJB
[12:12:8] <%Subject18> Arya Stark
[12:12:10] <%Subject18> is a killer
[12:12:12] <@MJB> is badass
[12:12:14] <@MJB> i want her
[12:12:17] <@MJB> to become an assassin

He won't be disappointed. :]

Edit:

Also looking forward to seeing the Roose and Ramsay talks. Won't top Tywin and Tyrion but still will be worth seeing.

Are they gonna have stuff from the fourth book in season 4 or what
I feel like there's not enough stuff left in the rest of a Storm of Swords for a whole season

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Honestly? I think we'll actually see more from a Dance with Dragons before we see anything from Feast for Crows.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^I hope this isn't spoiler-worthy to say, but Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons take place at the same time, they just follow different characters.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pretty sure I remember the directors saying they weren't going to do the whole "one series per book" thing, rather they would just take as long as necessary to tell the entire story.

There are so many big events in the final third of A Storm of Swords that they have plenty of material for another 10 episodes. I'm fine with them including introductions to new characters in the subsequent books, but beyond that there's no reason to keep moving forward. Afterwards, the writers will have a hell of a time to figure out the giant puzzle of A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons and how to effectively put it on screen.

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Yeah really hoping that Tyrion ends up dying in season 4 or beyond. I really don't like him as a character or a person. His snark is really not appreciated when you can tell that his sister is just doing the best that she can. Nobody is perfect but it feels like Tyrion doesn't realize that and continues to be a dick to everyone.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
surprised no one has posted about this season yet

anyway fucking finally oh my lord joffrey might have been the single most detestable character in the history of tv :]

^_^

Seriously though it started as immense joy, slow and painful death as I always imagined it but then I remember poor Tyrion...they are gonna spike the bastard aren't they

:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)