GameStop Deoxys

As if getting Darkrai from you local Toys R Us wasn't enough. GameStop is giving away deoxys to Pokemon Diamond/Pearl from June 20-22 and June 27-29. A GameStop employee found a poster sign with this information while their store was opening their June Marketing Kit early (they officially open it on Monday.) Enjoy getting your Deoxys!

There does not seem to be anything special about this Deoxys (other than OT), other than a chance to get one if you do not have one already. DO NOT try calling your GameStop until Monday because as already stated, the Marketing Kit is not officially opened until Monday. It just happens that a store opened their kit a couple of days earlier, and this information got out. Beyond this I do not know anymore. Enjoy your chance for a Deoxys!
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/Godeki/DeoxsysEvent2.jpg
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=925601&topic=43528782

Update (6/10):

this is great.

i think this is because Deoxys was the chosen pokemon to be given out with Darkrai in Japan due the 10th anniversary.

it looks like we are now getting that same Deoxys. :)

Hmm, I'm liking this. I still have to SR for both of my Darkrai events though... Still, it would be nice to get my own Deoxys :D

Seeing as I have the ability to save the save files, I will be resetting for very good ones. And, even have it on your request.

Same thing with my Darkrai offer. Bozo is waiting on a timid/hasty from me.

Nice. Now I have to hurry up and SR for both my Darkrais so I can get Deoxys.

Or is it possible to have and use both WonderCards at once?

People may recall that, prior to the Darkrai Event, I was under the impression that only one item could be "in wait" at a time. I was able to test this the day before the Darkrai Event but too late to let y'all know the results.

The delivery man can hold more than one item for you. You talk to him, he'll give you one, you talk to him, he'll give you the next. I would like to apologize to anybody that I misinformed before.

You can obtain multiple Mystery Gift pokemon per cartridge ; the limit is one per game. Deleting the save game data will allow you to participate in the event again. We used this to obtain quite a few Darkrai... I obtained 13 from my six games, leaving five to be obtain through soft-resetting.

Anyways, if this event is really happening, I'll be quite happy. Deoxys is the only pokemon that I've had no idea how I would obtain legit. This would be awesome. I'll keep my ears peeled for more information on this.

It's about time that people can get legitimate Deoxys. :/

And thanks for clearing the issue with the delivery-man Gigafrost, I think some people can rest easy now with their SRing projects.

I recall that the last time Deoxys was being offered it was during an event that was only in a few locations (Pokemon Rocks America?) The one nearest to me was in California, which was yucky when I live in Seattle. xP

It was right when I got into Pokemon again so I was very disappointed.

People may recall that, prior to the Darkrai Event, I was under the impression that only one item could be "in wait" at a time. I was able to test this the day before the Darkrai Event but too late to let y'all know the results.

The delivery man can hold more than one item for you. You talk to him, he'll give you one, you talk to him, he'll give you the next. I would like to apologize to anybody that I misinformed before.

You can obtain multiple Mystery Gift pokemon per cartridge ; the limit is one per game. Deleting the save game data will allow you to participate in the event again. We used this to obtain quite a few Darkrai... I obtained 13 from my six games, leaving five to be obtain through soft-resetting.

Anyways, if this event is really happening, I'll be quite happy. Deoxys is the only pokemon that I've had no idea how I would obtain legit. This would be awesome. I'll keep my ears peeled for more information on this.
I have also tried that with my brothers' game. He was only able to get 1 darkrai...I had deleted the wonder card and already obtained the Darkrai...maybe i did something wrong...But it is good that you can have two wondercards "waiting," as I am still attempting to SR for a shiny Darkrai...(and do go and say you can't as it has not be disproven while somebody who is respectable claimed to have had a shiny darkrai but gave it to his daughter...)

I guess this is another 'We give no shit to you brits!' event served only in Yanksville...where's Gamestop stores?

I have also tried that with my brothers' game. He was only able to get 1 darkrai...I had deleted the wonder card and already obtained the Darkrai...maybe i did something wrong...But it is good that you can have two wondercards "waiting," as I am still attempting to SR for a shiny Darkrai...(and do go and say you can't as it has not be disproven while somebody who is respectable claimed to have had a shiny darkrai but gave it to his daughter...)
I don't really think you should care what "reputable" people claim because I was under the impression that people had already gone through the coding and proven it was impossible...But if it is possible, goodluck

I have also tried that with my brothers' game. He was only able to get 1 darkrai...I had deleted the wonder card and already obtained the Darkrai...
You have to delete the *save file* like I said. That's from the title screen, UP+Select+B, delete everything.

Obviously you need multiple games in order for this to be practical. I have eight D/P game, two of which are specifically for this purpose. (Although only one was ready for the Darkrai Event.)

Picture makes me want to believe but I'll reserve hype until I see a legit source reporting on this. Neither the Pokemon website nor the Gamestop website have this up yet. Guess we shall see in the next week or so if this is true or not.

You have to delete the *save file* like I said. That's from the title screen, UP+Select+B, delete everything.

Obviously you need multiple games in order for this to be practical. I have eight D/P game, two of which are specifically for this purpose. (Although only one was ready for the Darkrai Event.)
Yeah, you have to completely restart the game (hard reset, erasing the save game data) and obtain the Pokedex. Once you do that, soft reset, and you will be given the Darkrai again. I have two games, a Diamond and a Pearl, and managed to 7.

Excellent. After this, I'll only need Arceus and... Magmortar. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Yeah, you can, so don't worry about it.

Some moron in the Simple Question thread told me that you can't, so I grabbed a random Manaphy on one of my games. I tried uploading Darkrai to both games anyway and it works fine. You talk to the guy and get one of them. Talk to him again to get the other.

Yeah, you can, so don't worry about it.

Some moron in the Simple Question thread told me that you can't, so I grabbed a random Manaphy on one of my games. I tried uploading Darkrai to both games anyway and it works fine. You talk to the guy and get one of them. Talk to him again to get the other.
Isn't the limit 2 WonderCards at a time?

Yeah, but I think that he said he only needed to worry about still having Darkrai. I'm able to pick up my Manaphy from the guy. Then I talk to him again and he gives me a Darkrai.

I'll need to grab a good Manaphy by the time that they do this and then delete it's WonderCard so that I'll only have 1 at the time of download.

Yeah, that's what it said on the official site and poster at the store for the Darkrai event.

If you've already recieved your manaphy/darkrai from the delivery guy and the cards are still on your game, you can go in through the mystery gift main menu and delete them off the cart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)