GameStop Deoxys

So, Saturday, I went to one of my local Gamestops. Surprisingly, I was the only one there downloading Deoxys. I ran in, and within a couple of minutes, I was out. ToysRus was better, it had more people =/
I guess on that note... I spent a combined total of at least four hours in GameStop over the weekend, only saw three other people other than the players we dragged there. The first two were pretty much just in and out, needing to be guided by the GameStop employee behind the counter.

The third person, however, was fortunate enough to chat.

For those who were wondering, there is a ROM in the wild that has the Deoxys distribution program.

I'm not going to disclose a location as it is a major forum rule, but it does exist and I can provide screenshots if needed.

So, Saturday, I went to one of my local Gamestops. Surprisingly, I was the only one there downloading Deoxys. I ran in, and within a couple of minutes, I was out. ToysRus was better, it had more people =/
Agreed even the employees seemed to look down at you. My cousin and I were the only ones there and all they had was a little poster hidden from view behind some racks.

My store didn't even have the poster out. We didn't think anything was going on when we got there and no one else had a DS and there was no marketing for it. Fortunately we did a check with our DS' before just leaving and discovered that they were broadcasting.

I went in to preorder Street Fighter 4 and saw that the only thing they had up regarding deoxys was a few flyers on the counter telling you how to get Deoxys/Mystery Gift and some Pokemon Mystery Dungeon codes or something. So I just ran out and got my DS from my car, went back in, and got the deoxys card on both of my games within a minute or so.

I was expecting them to have a poster on the windows or a sign in the store or something, but whatever.

I went to the mall which had a gamestop and an EB games. (they are the same store since gamestop bought out eb games or something of that nonsense. point- gamestop=eb games)

I go to the gamestop and try to download deoxes and nothing. I went there first since it had the poster. I couldn't find it so I try eb games. And there is no poster or any sign whatsoever that deoxes is there but I was able to download there. Freaky. No one else had a ds out except for me.

The lack of kids going to get Deoxys is most likely the result of poor marketing on the part of the Gamestop employees.

I wonder if it might be that Gamestop is more prolific than Toys R Us.

I know around here there are only three Toys R Us within a couple hours drive radius, but Gamestops are at about every other grocery store complex.

Well, ToysRUs hasn't been doing so hot. A couple years ago they had to close a bunch of stores. I think they're going the way of KMart.

Well, ToysRUs hasn't been doing so hot. A couple years ago they had to close a bunch of stores. I think they're going the way of KMart.
Pure toy stores are facing stiff competition from all-you-can-purchase a la carte stores like Wal-Mart. I think that's what brought the end of FAO Schwartz, at least the fact that they closed the South Coast Plaza one (the only one in my area).

GameStop permitting people to do it over four days and at any time they open (apparently) is the reason why people have reported why they're the only ones or that there was only 2-3 other people in the store when they got their Deoxys. I was the only one when I came in there at noontime.

Well think of of this way.

6 days total with about 18 hours each day to come in and get deoxes
(gamestop event)

wheras

2 days ~4 hours to come and get darkrai.

Obviously TRU would have more people at a time. My TRU had only 3 people downloading it when i got there. Shows that these events need more publicity.

EDIT: beaten

Well think of of this way.

6 days total with about 18 hours each day to come in and get deoxes
(gamestop event)

wheras

2 days ~4 hours to come and get darkrai.

Obviously TRU would have more people at a time. My TRU had only 3 people downloading it when i got there. Shows that these events need more publicity.

EDIT: beaten
It can't only be that, I think it's just that Manaphy/Darkrai was advertised better. While I'm not sure about online, I believe ToysRus had big signs in the windows of their store, while Gamestop only had small signs (very few, if any) insides the store. Heck, I went to buy a Special Edition Guitar Hero DS like 2 days ago and I had to ask the store clerk about it, as there wasn't a sign that said they had it, and I didn't see it in the store (locked in the case). (Although, the next day I went in another store and saw that they had it in the case, but they had no advertising/posters.)

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
For those who were wondering, there is a ROM in the wild that has the Deoxys distribution program.

I'm not going to disclose a location as it is a major forum rule, but it does exist and I can provide screenshots if needed.
ind-deoxys.rar

Find it by yourself, most of the downlods have been removed %)

It can't only be that, I think it's just that Manaphy/Darkrai was advertised better. While I'm not sure about online, I believe ToysRus had big signs in the windows of their store, while Gamestop only had small signs (very few, if any) insides the store. Heck, I went to buy a Special Edition Guitar Hero DS like 2 days ago and I had to ask the store clerk about it, as there wasn't a sign that said they had it, and I didn't see it in the store (locked in the case). (Although, the next day I went in another store and saw that they had it in the case, but they had no advertising/posters.)
Well, I don't know about others, but I know my TRU had as much posters as the gamestop, one. One with how to download and thats it. I noticed gamestop didn't give as detailed download info than TRU, so that may have been a reason. People come can't download it and then tell all their friends that were going to go, to go to a different place.

Hey, it's not the employees' fault. We don't make the signs.
Haha, sorry. That was worded poorly. I meant advertising I guess. At least at my Gamestop, no one put any fliers up or even had any out in the store, and the broadcaster was stuffed in a corner facing the wall. I guess the people working at that one just don't care much for Pokemon.

This is really bad...out of 5 Gamestops I called, only one said they might be doing the event--on Sunday only.

I might end up not getting a Deoxys at this rate. Stupid Gamestop!!! >:(

Uh... That's weird. Because the Deoxys data is sent right to the Gamestop wifi which is connected to Nintendo at all times so they can put demoes and stuff up for the Donload and play. So if it had download and play, then it should have Deoxys. I work at Gamestop, so I know what I'm talking about lol. I think they might just be ignorant employees that don't understand what you're asking.

Also, how's this one?

Relaxed #386 Deoxys: 24 - 25 / 8 - 9 / 31 / 28 - 29 / 26 - 27 / 18 - 19

Uh... That's weird. Because the Deoxys data is sent right to the Gamestop wifi which is connected to Nintendo at all times so they can put demoes and stuff up for the Donload and play.
Please don't make shit up.

The 'Gamestop wifi' is a DS with a cartridge in it that broadcasts demos. Nintendo sent out a different card with the Deoxys download on it. It's necessary for whoever is working at the Gamestop to take out the first game card and insert the Dexoys one.

If you worked for Gamestop, you'd probably know that.

So if it had download and play, then it should have Deoxys. I work at Gamestop, so I know what I'm talking about lol.
If they've got the Deoxys download set up, then you CAN'T download the other game demos, unless they set up a second DS.

Pink, why lie? Even most of the people that don't work at GameStop are aware that the DS Demo thing is a cartridge loaded up into a DS. There are even ROMs of those cartridges out there for proof. You don't work at GameStop lol!

Funny enough, a flier I got from going there, has Deoxys all over it, but in one spot it mentions something else.

This spectacular Darkrai includes:
Held Item:
NeverMeltIce

And so on... I've had this thing for about a week but I never looked at it till now, it was a serious LOL moment for me. I'd take a picture, but the resolution is just horrible on any camera or Webcam I have. Not sure if someone mentioned it before.

I got the deoxys at my game stop.
There are two right across from each other, but only one of them had it.
Even though I got it as I drove by, I still went in to ask about how it was distributed and the people working looked shocked that someone was coming for it.
I was happy that I didn't have to go to the same gamestop as the one I did in the summer for the PBR tournament (that I won :naughty:) because they made fun of me for playing pokemon there...
Now I have a deoxys waiting for me in my pearl, and a darkrai waiting for me in my diamond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)