Garchomp are allergic to pork (Suspect RMT)

The Team

The Suspect ladder has been a mixed bag for me; on one hand, I'm glad to see things like Garchomp and Latios back, however, I'm also a bit shocked at how offensive the metagame has become. The sheer power the new Suspects led people to ditch traditional stall and favor things such as Bulky Offense, or even straight out Offense. Sure, the occassional stall team is seen once in a while, but I've definately noticed more and more teams choosing the offensive route. This doesn't bother me one bit, however. I was thrilled to be able to use Shaymin-S, Garchomp, Latios, and even Manaphy as well as see how the metagame would unfold and adjust to handle these new threats. Nevertheless, the Suspect ladder is a lot more enjoyable to be honest, and the fact that people are able to experiment with new sets such as Specially Defensive Skarmory and Haban Berry Dragons only adds to the excitement.​

This team, at a glance, looks extremely generic. I apologize for that first and foremost, however, I've found this lineup to work the best out of all the previous combinations I had for this team. Every member compliments each other in some way, whether it be deploying entry hazards like Skarmory, breaking down oppositions walls and scouting like Infernape, or even just being plain badass and powerful like Latios, every other member of the team benefits from another member's ability to handle certain threats. Stealth Rock and Spikes are both essential for this team, preventing things like Gyarados and Garchomp from continously switching-in to have their way with my team. It's quite hard to take repeated assaults from powerful sweepers such as Latios and Infernape while also receiving residual damage, just ask "safe" switch-ins to these offensive powerhouses such as Metagross, Vaporeon, and even (lol) Tentacruel. I've said enough, time for you to Rate my Team.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly nature (+ Spe, - SpA)
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Ice Shard
~Stone Edge

An offensive metagame like Suspect calls for an offensive lead like Mamoswine. Deoxys-S once occupied this spot, but then I realized that people were preparing for it much too much. The sheer amount of Scarf Skymin, Metagross, and Tyranitar I began seeing was obscene. Thus, I knew a new lead was in order, especially after the banning of Deoxys-S. Enter: Mamoswine! Yes, this is probably one of the most effective leads currently, and easily the most crucial part of this team when it comes to handling Suspects. All the Suspects, bar Manaphy, lose to Mamoswine's Ice Shard (the Lati twins need only a bit of residual damage to ensure a KO). I chose Life Orb for a number of reasons, primarily because without it, Shuca Heatran is guaranteed to be OHKOed, and things like Metagross also don't take nearly enough from Earthquake as they should (without Life Orb, the most they take is 84%, whereas with Life Orb, they take 92% minimum). Jolly allows me to outpace Timid Heatran that attempt to kill me, which is hilarious to see their efforts foiled as I break them in half even with the resist berry. The EVs are quite simplistic if you ask me; max Attack and Speed for the greatest chance to kill something and nearly guaranteed Stealth Rock deploy.

Mamoswine does excellently against the most common leads I've seen. Lead Heatran all lose, unless they run Choice Scarf (a very rare sight to see might I add). Earthquake also batters Metagross leads, and the declining Swampert take such a huge chunk from Earthquake, they usually attack, letting me set up Spikes with Skarmory. Tyranitar leads can't OHKO me on average, whereas they die to Earthquake, unless they run CounterSash. One might think Azelf leads completely run me over, but that couldn't be any farther from the truth. Stone Edge was placed here for more than just those random Gyarados switch-ins. Stone Edge deals 71% on average to 6 HP / 0 Def Azelf, and Ice Shard cleans up, dealing 43% on average. Even if I deal minimum damage twice on both moves, Stone Edge's minimum (65.29%) plus Ice Shard's minimum (39.52%) still KO Azelf easily. Sometimes, they Taunt expecting me to Stealth Rock, only to be horribly owned and prevented from deploying their own Stealth Rock. Scarf Skymin are just laughable, I Stealth Rock the first turn as they go to Skarmory, then I'm given a chance to go straight to Infernape as they Spike, then it's a U-turn as they go to their Infernape check (most likely a Latios or Latias, meaning U-turn is going to do a huge amount). Foe Mamoswine usually end up in both of us using Stealth Rock, and then me sending in Skarmory to deploy Stealth Rock as they Earthquake.

The reason I love Mamoswine so much is because of how it can come back later in the game and change the entire momentum. Ice Shard is such a useful tool for stopping either Lati twin, Salamence, Garchomp, and even Skymin. It also deals decent damage to Gyarados and Tyranitar, the former of which is a massive threat to this team. Those Gliscor + Metagross combinations that think their being cute and using that Baton Pass strategy are unprepared for when I Earthquake the Baton Pass to Metagross, and then clean up Gliscor with Ice Shard if it tries to come back. I honestly thought Mamoswine was going to be subpar as a lead, but now I swear by it and refuse to use anything else. I like having a lead that keeps the game offensive and doesn't necessarily have to die in order to fulfill its role. Being a cute, lovable piece of pork is just an added bonus <3

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Careful nature (+ SpD, - SpA)
252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Spe
~Brave Bird
~Spikes
~Roost
~Whirlwind

I'm shocked at how well this thing works, I truly am. When I first heard about Specially Defensive Skarmory, I brushed it off and kept using my Bronzong. Then I had the pleasure of facing one, and when I hit it with Draco Meteor, I was shocked to see it take so little. Multiple Surfs didn't do anything memorable, and it continously Spiked the field and Whirlwinded me out. Needless to say, Skarmory went over Bronzong, and my win ratio went way up. 334 HP / 262 SpD at first doesn't sound impressive, but when you factor in Skarmory's many resistences (of which include Dragon, Flying, Grass, and immunity to Ground), it can find its way into many of the most prevelant Suspects and begin setting up Spikes. Just because it has no Defense EVs also doesn't mean it can't take physical abuse, as 316 Defense is still very impressive and considering things like super effective Fire Punches and Fire Fangs fail to 2HKO, it's safe to say Skarmory is one of the best defensive buffers in Suspect. The reason I really wanted Spikes is because things like Swords Dance Lucario, Choice Band Tyranitar, and even less common things like offensive Metagross give this team a really tough time, so limiting the amount of times they can switch-in is essential.

If you haven't tried Skarmory out, you're really missing out on one of the most amazing utility Pokemon. It can even live things like Thunderbolts from Magnezone (whom, if running a Timid Scarf, fails to OHKO). Of course, I don't need to worry about Magnezone with Shed Shell as my hold item. Losing Leftovers sort of does hurt, but since there's so many Skymin and Latios around, finding an opprotunity to Roost up is ridiculously easy. Just to add insult to injury to Blissey, Skarmory actually beats SubSeed Skymin, as Air Slash most of the times doesn't even do 20%, and Whirlwind knocks that green bastard right the hell out, allowing me to switch and forcing Skymin to take more Stealth Rock damage. Brave Bird is, for lack of a better term, plain cool. Being able to slam Latios and nearly OHKO Skymin is great, and catching Infernape switch-ins is hilarious. Roost is Roost, and what really sets Skarmory aparts from other defensive Steel-types like Jirachi, Bronzong, and Metagross. Skarmory gets a free switch-in on Latios bar Trick and Thunderbolt (which has never OHKOed Skarm before), and begins to start the Spiking.

I haven't ever considered replacing Skarmory, as it's much too useful and easy to abuse. Skarmory also doesn't just stop Suspects, but also things that are supposed to stop Suspects. Bronzong, most Metagross, Scizor, and Mamoswine have trouble doing anything noticable to Skarmory, while I use them as Spike set up, and Whirlwind them if they're problamatic. If I were to change anything, it'd probably be the EVs to let it take physical attacks better, but most of the things that scare Skarmory away are easily handled by the rest of my team (barring Swords Dance Lucario, who really, REALLY is an asshole). I like how easy it is to predict Infernape switch-ins and go right to Latios and Trick their Special Wall or Steel-type, gaining a Leftovers in the process. It's kind of funny how you can't really determine what type of team one has just by seeing their Skarmory. It fits into every team basically, just showing off how great it is.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid nature (+ Spe, - Atk)
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Draco Meteor
~Dragon Pulse
~Thunderbolt
~Trick

I love this thing to death, even if it's predictable and generic. It's so simple to use and destroy things with. I initially Draco Meteor the first turn, just to see what they have to stop Latios (pretty much everything takes an assload from a Draco Meteor coming off 539 Special Attack stat, even resistences. After whatever they bring in has taken a huge load from my initial assault, I'll keep switching until Latios comes in again, then I mostly just Trick and they end up having a crippled check to Latios, as well as giving my Latios a new item (most likely Leftovers). After that, I've got a recovering sweeper that can easily extend his attack on my opposition. His offensive power is great, but his typing is what I love best about him. Being able to come in on most Infernape (barring U-turn!) and just scare the hell out of that red-assed monkey is gold.

Offensive teams with no Steel-type or Blissey end up relying on revenge killing this guy, which is okay with me because Pursuit is like, the worst thing to have someone set up on. Very few people even expect Tyranitar to come in, expecting a Lucario to take advantage of the free turn. Once Latios dies, I may have lost a crucial member of the team, however, it's okay since Latios will have usually fulfilled his role of softening the enemies team up significantly for my other teammates to begin battering them to death. I rarely ever use Thunderbolt or Dragon Pulse, though it's good to have them in case I predict a Tyranitar coming in, or even expect to sweep the rest of a team and not want to have my Special Attack lowered. I once ran Surf with Trick slashed with Thunderbolt, though MetaNite excellently pointed out that Thunderbolt hits for the same damage, does the same to Scizor, but kills Skarmory and also kills Bulky Waters more reliably, namely Manaphy. It prevents SubPetaya Empoleon from coming in and just setting up, and being a huge fan of that set as well as someone who's used it to immense success, I know how dangerous it is.

I don't see me getting rid of Latios. He usually gets at least one Draco Meteor off every match, and sometimes, that's all I need to ensure something dies. Hidden Power Fire could find its way on here somewhere, as it does handle Scizor and Metagross as well as Skarmory and Bronzong, though letting Tyranitar come in for free is a very scary prospect, so I usually disregard that idea entirely. The fact that so many Steel-types are changing their usually physicall defensive selves into specially defensive scares me a bit, since if Latios ends up becoming Uber, any hopes of this team forming once more in a normal OU ladder will likely be forgotten. I guess Latias could be used...but just look at that blue coat. You can't tell me that isn't pure sexiness =(

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive (+ Spe, - SpD)
252 Atk / 24 SpA / 232 Spe
~Close Combat
~Overheat / Mach Punch
~Stone Edge
~U-turn

I know what you must be wondering, "Why are you using an Infernape in a metagame dominated by Latios, Manaphy, and even Skymin?" I thought Infernape was a pretty idea to use, however, I realized Steel walls like Skarmory and Bronzong were terribly annoying, and that things like Blissey just didn't seem to die. Infernape just seemed to fit into this team. Like a piece of glue connecting an unstable structure, or even like the missing piece of a puzzle. I figured special offense wasn't the way to go, especially with Latios and Latias able to soak up Hidden Power Ice too easily, so I tried out physically based Infernape, and it worked wonderfully. The sheer power of Close Combat surprises people; 2HKOing max HP / max Def Vaporeon with Stealth Rock or Spikes, one of the safest switch-ins to Infernape. The new Specially Defensive Skarmory takes a chunk from Close Combat as well, taking around 50% minimum and being 2HKOed with Stealth Rock 100% of the time. Whatever Close Combat fails to hit, you can better believe Stone Edge more than makes up for it. In fact, offensive Gyarados trying to wall Infernape will be shocked as they are 2HKOed by Close Combat followed by a Stone Edge after Stealth Rock damage.

U-turn is perhaps my favorite move on this Infernape. No one lures in Starmie, Latios, and Latias quite like Infernape, thus U-turning them as they come in to soak up a hit is hilarious, as well as painful (for them). Picture this: Mamoswine vs. Heatran. Obviously, Mamoswine wins, so they go right to Skarmory to wall Mamoswine as I get up Stealth Rock. I go to Infernape as Skarmory Spikes up the field, and as they go to Latios, I U-turn, dealing 73% on average, and with Stealth Rock they end up losing around 85% of their health, and haven't made a single attack. U-turn also helps with those damn Cresselia, as well as Scarfed Dragons such as Flygon whom are terrified of Mamoswine and his manly tusks. U-turn does more than just damage and provide momentum, it also lets me hit things like Celebi for high damage if they switch-in and try and be cute and take Overheat after the special fall. U-turn may seem like the most replacable move on the set at first, but it's easily the most important.

Overheat is very strong, even with such a small investment in Special Attack and a neutral nature. Skarmory won't be walling this, as it easily OHKOs them. Overheat is also wonderful for things like Zapdos without having to rely on Stone Edge's shaky accuracy. With Blaze activated, even those damn Latios will lose half their health on average. It's hard for people to find a safe switch-in on Infernape if they don't have Latios or Latias, as Close Combat pretty much murders everything that would usually handle Overheat, even max HP Manaphy risks taking 54% minimum from Close Combat, and it outsped and finished off turn two. The EVs are quite simplistic; max Attack for making Close Combat, U-turn, and Stone Edge deal the most damage possible, 232 Speed to hit 241 Speed, outpacing all forms of Garchomp, Adamant Dugtrio, and even Adamant Tyranitar after a Dragon Dance. 24 Special Attack because...where else would it go? Plus, 250 is such a cool number 8D

Infernape is the newest member of the team, and is one of those "I'm just testing this until something better comes along" Pokemon. Surprisingly, Infernape is responsible for a lot of this team's damage output. I'm very impressed with it thus far, and would like to keep it. I have, however, considering using Mach Punch over Overheat to help my terrible Swords Dance Lucario weakness. The extra Speed wouldn't help much, and losing Overheat of course would help, but considering Skarmory is 2HKOed by Close Combat anyway, the loss might not be as big as I would've expected. Mach Punch would also help pick off Empoleon and Heatran, two threats that can threaten this team greatly with increased Speed (Empoleon especially, ugh that one time with SubPetaya getting that Agility...). Infernape himself is likely going to be around for a long time to come. He's so fun to use and just plain enjoys Spikes damaging those bulky Waters, allowing his sweep to go undisturbed.

Tyranitar @ Life Orb / Babiri Berry
Jolly nature (+ Spe, - SpA)
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Crunch
~Fire Punch
~Stone Edge

The main sweeper of this team, as well as my favorite Pokemon. Tyranitar is one of the most destructive sweepers in the game, and its stat distribution is flawless. Speed is the only real issue it's ever had...and that's where Dragon Dance comes into play. With maximum Speed and a Jolly nature, Tyranitar can outrun Base 115 Pokemon while sporting a massive Attack stat of 716 (factoring in Life Orb). With Crunch, Stone Edge, and Fire Punch, most Pokemon are easily cleaned up once this bad boy sets up. Latios and Latias are pure set-up fodder if they've used Draco Meteor, and even if they didn't, they can't OHKO Tyranitar and will be outsped and killed the next turn. Manaphy can't OHKO with an unboosted Surf, and suffers a terrible amount of damage from Stone Edge after a Dance. Skymin, while it does outrun Tyranitar after a Dragon Dance, fails to OHKO with a Timid Seed Flare and is destroyed by Stone Edge or Fire Punch.

Tyranitar really appreciates most Steel-types focusing on Special Defense, as it can safely KO things like Skarmory that would once have caused it trouble. Bronzong and Skarmory take fatal damage from Fire Punch, OHKOing them both if they've taken a bit of damage (Stealth Rock helps in Skarmory's case). The reason I chose Fire Punch over Earthquake is because it provides the best coverage with Tyranitar's STABs. It hits all the Steel-types in the game bar Heatran (who takes a ridiculous amount from a boosted Stone Edge and doesn't really do anything with Earth Power). Scizor, Forretress, Skarmory, Bronzong, Metagross, Jirachi, etc...are all devasted by a +1 Fire Punch, although hitting Scizor on the switch is usually how I deal with it, since most teams don't have dedicated switch-ins for Tyranitar, and rely on Scizor to reliably kill it.

There are a few reasons I chose Tyranitar, other than it being my favorite Pokemon. By looking at my team, you can clearly see my team is walled to hell and back by Cresselia as well as threatened by Latios and Latias. Tyranitar not only kills all three with Crunch, but it hampers Cresselia thanks to Sandstorm messing up Moonlight and preventing that oversized duck from stalling my team out. In fact, I sometimes just switch Tyranitar in and that is enough to stop Cresselia from walling anything. Tyranitar also is great because it's able to laugh at things like Blissey (without Thunder Wave!) and use it as set up fodder. With the influx of Specially Defensive Skarmory, a bit of residual damage is all I need to have Tyranitar break both of them, as well as that weird "SkarmBlissCress" combination.

Although it is my late-game sweeper, Tyranitar is able to come in early game and set the Sandstorm up to stop SubSeed Skymin from being problamatic, as Sandstorm negates Leftovers and also generally causes hell for things like Gyarados who is a jerk to this team. I'm also able to spam Fire Punch and catch any Scizor coming in, making it easier for Garchomp to slam things with Outrage. I'm also able to weaken Bronzong, Skarmory, etc...with Fire Punch, causing Latios to have more wiggle room with Draco Meteor. While Tyranitar supports them, my team also supports Tyranitar as well. Spikes hinders things like Hippowdon and stops it from walling this green beast. Latios punches holes in generally everything, and also kills practically every Tyranitar counter imaginable. Garchomp cleans up things like Gyarados, Salamence, etc...Infernape also helps by beating on the likes of Machamp and Hariyama with Close Combat, and can also give Tyranitar some free switch-ins against the likes of Cresselia.

I really don't want to replace Tyranitar, it's much too awesome and fits so well into this team. I've considered making a Choice Bander, but three Choice users is excessive, and there are so many opprotunities to set up Dragon Dances, I disregard that idea time after time. I was considering Babiri Berry, or even Shuca Berry for the likes of Scizor and Garchomp, but then the more I think about it, the more I think of how weaker Tyranitar will be, as a Jolly nature with no boosting item will greatly lower its Attack. I've actually thought about Rock Polish once in a while, in order to outpace Skymin and swiftly KO them. It's actually been going through my head more and more each day. Tyranitar is still quite slow, even after a boost, and he's still pretty damn strong with or without a +1 Attack boost.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Naive nature (+ Spe, - SpD)
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge / Dragon Claw
~Fire Blast

UberChomp! Not so Uber anymore it seems; it's good to have this guy back in OU for a second go. At first, I abused Swords Dance like everyone else, but it seems people aren't stupid, and don't use Ice attacks on him much anymore, so Yache Berry was a waste. I tried Haban Berry, but Draco Meteor from things like Specs Latios did so much, that the berry was pretty much worthless. I tried out SubSalac Garchomp, and while it definately yielded better results, it still was stopped by the abundant Steel-types that roam the Suspect ladder. Then I went to CB Chomp, and it was awesome...just that it was slow. I got discouraged, and thought Garchomp sucked in this new metagame...Until I used ScarfChomp. No, I am not saying this is Garchomp's best set, just that it fits so well on this team, revenge killing boosted sweepers and being overall badass, that it did better than the other sets. Flygon can go take a hike; Garchomp is the best revenge killer in OU and will remain so until the end of the Suspect test (I'm pulling for Garchomp in OU though!).

The amount of things this thing can revenge kill is ridiculous. Agility users like Empoleon and Metagross aren't gonna outrun Garchomp, and are gonna die to Earthquake. I know running a + Speed nature may seem ridiculous, but it's absolutely necessary, since +Speed Salamence is a total prick and I don't want to end up losing late-game to that, now would I! Garchomp is also my main defense against Gyarados, as Outrage will kill it after Stealth Rock damage assuming it's an offensive version. Garchomp can also handle Swords Dance Lucario for me, assuming it's at full health. A +2 LO Extremespeed does 72% maximum, meaning I can easily afford to take it as well as Stealth Rock damage. Meanwhile, Earthquake owns it, and Fire Blast can still deal enough damage while not allowing me to be total set-up fodder for things that fly or Levitate.

I can't find much of anything that fulfill's Garchomp's role as a revenge killer. Gengar could work, and would offer a Fighting-resist and Ground immunity, but Pursuit weakness and overall inability to hurt things like Blissey leads me to ignore it. Garchomp can actually sweep teams with Steel-types gone and some Spikes up. Outrage is still very powerful, and makes quick work of frail sweepers and just generally provides a solid offensive move. I've been using Stone Edge lately, to kill Gyarados and not be locked in, although Dragon Claw is starting to look better and better. I've rarely used Stone Edge, and Dragon Claw would be nice to scout things in early game and would also be useful to pick off sweepers without getting confused.

Closing Comments

I haven't played any Suspect ladder seriously, however, I find them all being in one metagame to be more fun and less centralized around a specific Suspect. This team at first glance looks fragile, but it really has great synergy using resistences and immunities. The biggest threats I've mentioned are either able to be revenge killed, or are unable to set up reliably without being OHKOed. For example, Lucario might try and set up against Tyranitar, only to become set up fodder for Tyranitar, and then being killed by Fire Punch. Taking advantage of predictable movesets also helps this team, as things such as Latios will be unable to surprise me with anything other than Thunderbolt (which is easy to either set up on or just find a switch-in for). Mamoswine ends up doing most end-game revenge killing thanks to Ice Shard, and Jolly has really helped me out in a ton of cases, such as against Lucario and Gyarados. Infernape's U-turn really gives my team the edge I need in most cases, and sometimes all I need it to do in matches is U-turn out of things for a free set up with either Tyranitar ot Skarmory. I have trouble against heavy stall, unfortunately, and I cannot deny this. By glancing at my threat list, you can see that fast special sweepers are also the bane of this team in most cases. I end up having to rely on Garchomp to revenge kill them. Luckily, being resistent to Stealth Rock and immune Thunder Wave lets it utilize its revenge kill abilities better than Salamence or Dragonite.

This team has been very successful, but there are changes I'm willing to make in order to increase my success ratio with this team. I'm open to all suggestions, so please, if you have any, voice them!

Threat List

Threat List -Borrowed from Unholy Calamity (freakin awesome threat list, man)
------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Green means they are not a problem for me.
  • Orange means they can cause a bit of trouble.
  • Red means they are very difficult to take down.
Suspect Threats

Garchomp : Between Mamoswine, Skarmory, Latios, and my own Garchomp, I don't really have much fears from Garchomp. Those with type-resist berries will be surprised when Infernape's Close Combat basically rips it a new one, and Latios still KOs it with Draco Meteor through Haban Berry, so it's not intimidating. SubSalac is stopped by Skarmory and Mamoswine together, leaving the CB set as the only real intimidating and threatening set to this team.

Latios : Skarmory is a full stop to most Specs sets, although the Calm Minder could potentially be dangerous. I absolutely hate Choice Scarf variants with Thunderbolt, as it practically leaves Mamoswine as my only real check against them. Resistences, immunities, and Tyranitar are really how I end up beating it.

Manaphy : Quite a problem, actually. Skarmory doesn't like Tail Glow boosted Surfs, and it outspeeds a good share of my team. Garchomp, Latios, and Infernape can all really hammer it, but they all risk taking fatal damage if Manaphy is behind a Substitute, which seems to be a trend people are following in order to break stall and prevent revenge kills.

Skymin : Skymin is probably the easiest and hardest Suspect to deal with. Easiest because I can revenge kill it with both Mamoswine AND Garchomp, as well as wall with Skarmory, however, it outruns Tyrantiar after a DD, outruns Latios and Infernape, and can 2HKO all of them (OHKO Infernape for the record). Thank god it's Stealth Rock weak.

Offensive Threats
Aerodactyl : Is a lead, thus loses to Mamoswine handily. Garchomp can revenge kill any sweeper variants, and any stalling versions are stopped by Skarmory.
---
Alakazam :
Ironically, Alakazam poses quite a big problem to this team. Outrunning everyone but Garchomp, and being able to deal massive damage. Luckily, it has very few opprotunities to come in (read: none), and is revenge killed by Mamoswine's Ice Shard, Garchomp, and is screwed against Latios unless it uses Shadow Ball (which fails to OHKO I believe).
---
Azelf :
Leads almost always lose to Mamoswine, and sweeper variants can't get past Tyranitar and are revenge killed by Garchomp.
---
Breloom :
Difficult to stop when set up, but it has very few chances to come in. Everyone on my team hit it very hard, and Mamoswine can break its Sub and have someone else kill it if it comes to that. Latios can live any hit and OHKO it with a Specs Dragon Pulse.
---
Dragonite :
Mamoswine and Garchomp can revenge kill any variant, and Skarmory soaks Outrages and can live Fire Punches and Whirlwind it away. Mixed variants are annoying, but Latios can take Superpower / Fire Blast and kill it with Dragon Pulse.
---
Dugtrio :
You can't counter this thing unfortunately, but Mamoswine, Skarmory, Garchomp, Latios (barring Sucker Punch), and Infernape (if Adamant) all kill it. Basically, only Tyranitar fears it, and if it runs Adamant, it gets outrun and OHKOed after a Dragon Dance.
---
Electivire :
Not even a problem. No Electric moves on my team means there's no way Electivire can get a Motor Drive, and Infernape, Garchomp, and Latios all revenge kill it.
---
Empoleon :
If it sets up against Latios, I'm in deep trouble. Skarmory can try and phaze it, and Garchomp can revenge kill it, but other than that, I struggle to break its Subs. Infernape with Mach Punch can solve this problem, however.
---
Flygon :
Inferior to Garchomp, and easily picked off by Garchomp and Mamoswine. Non-Scarfed versions are also even stopped by Infernape and Latios. Skarmory basically takes whatever it throws at it and laughs while using Choice locked Outrages and Earthquakes as free time to set up Spikes.
---
Gengar :
Similar to Alakazam since it's so damn fast, and hits a lot of my team for high damage. Mamoswine can break Subs with Ice Shard and let Garchomp revenge kill it. Skarmory can live Thunderbolts and retaliate with Brave Bird, and Infernape can...Overheat it? Tyranitar sets up on Choice-locked Gengar not stuck in Focus Blast.
---
Gyarados :
Another massive threat. Gyarados is really hard to stop, especially if Garchomp is dead. It OHKOs 5/6 of my team, and outruns 5/6 of them after a Dragon Dance. Garchomp is literally my only chance to stop it.
---
Heatran :
Latios, Tyranitar, and Garchomp all sponge hits from this guy comfortably, and Explosions can be directed to Skarmory (who, even with no Defense EVs) takes it reasonably well.
---
Heracross :
It's so damn powerful, so yeah, it hurts. Latios, Infernape, and Garchomp can revenge kill Choice Band / Swords Dance versions, though Choice Scarf Heracross is only dealt with by smart prediction and Garchomp.
---
Infernape :
Latios and Garchomp laugh at this guy. My Infernape is faster than a lot of MixApe, so it can be used in a last-resort situation. It's strong, but my team has the resistences to stop it.
---
Jirachi :
Not that big of a deal. Even after a Calm Mind, Overheat from Infernape does a lot of damage, and Close Combat hurts like a bastard. Garchomp can revenge kill all common versions, and Skarmory walls physical offensive versions. SubCM is difficult to stop, but not overly so.
---
Jolteon :
Yeah, kind of troublesome. Garchomp can come in on predicted Thunderbolts and kill it though, so it's not that hard to stop. Latios also lives practically anything it has to throw at me.
---
Kingdra :
Every team is Kingdra weak, but I can revenge kill it with Garchomp, and stop its Rain Dance sweeps with Tyranitar thanks to Sandstream. Mamoswine's Ice Shard doesn't do too bad, either.
---
Latias :
Lol, people actually use this offensively. Basically, revenge kill with Garchomp and Mamoswine, wall with Skarmory, set-up on with Tyranitar, and lure and smash with Infernape. Not a problem. Latios also crushes it with a Dragon Pulse.
---
Lucario :
Biggest threat, easily. It kills my whole team after a Swords Dance, and is only stopped by Garchomp really. Good luck finding a safe switch-in though, Lucario =]
---
Machamp :
Come on, who else isn't really annoyed by this god damn thing >__> This guy is especially annoying because it stops Tyranitar's sweeps pretty handily. Oh well, at least Latios crushes it.
---
Magnezone:
Can't even trap Skarmory, so no, it's not a threat. Use immunities and predict around it. Scarfed versions could be a bit annoying, however.
---
Mamoswine :
Even with Skarmory, this guy is annoying. Infernape revenge kills it, thankfully.
---
Metagross :
Agiligross with Thunderpunch is problamatic, but Garchomp can revenge kill it. Infernape can outrun and OHKO it, and Mamoswine does the same with Earthquake. Leads lose to Mamoswine as well, thankfully.
---
Porygon-Z :
Umm...Garchomp? Infernape? Mach Punch? Tyranitar? I haven't seen any of these.
---
Rhyperior :
Get the hell out of here, everyone on my team bar Skarmory and Tyranitar hit it for super effective damage. Su(b)perior is annoying but then again when isn't it?
---
Salamence :
Lol, I can't believe I listed Alakazam as a big threat, but not Salamence. Mamoswine and Garchomp handle this guy like pros, Skarmory can take Outrages and Draco Meteors, and Latios can come in on predicted Fire Blasts and crush it, even through Haban Berry (lol).
---
Scizor :
Slightly irritating. Skarmory stops it, but it picks off 4/6 of my team, and can kill Infernape with a Swords Dance boosted Quick Attack. SD + Superpower can be troublesome, so that's something to watch out for. Garchomp can take a +1 BP (after Superpower) and OHKO with Fire Blast luckily.
---
Starmie :
Ouch, this thing is annoying. Tyranitar can usually live a hit and set up, but will lose a lot of health in the process. Latios lives Ice Beam and retaliates with Draco Meteor, and Garchomp can revenge kill. Infernape lures in and U-turns, effectively killing it if it switches in on Spikes and Stealth Rock.
---
Togekiss :
Sort of like Skymin, except bulkier and slower. Non-Aura Sphere versions meet Tyranitar, Infernape kills most versions with Stone Edge, non-Flamethrower versions are walled by Skarmory (barring Nasty Plotted Aura Spheres). Latios can smash it with Draco Meteor, and Garchomp revenge kills it.
---
Tyranitar :
Garchomp laughs at it and absolutely smashes it. I can live a DD boosted Crunch too, so that's pretty funny. Infernape with Mach Punch can also work against Jolly versions, but all in all, it's not a big threat.
---
Weavile :
Meet Skarmory. Meet Infernape. Meet a possible Mach Punch. Funny how the rest of my team is really afraid of it, especially Latios.
---
Yanmega :
Wow, this is pretty tough too. Garchomp outspeeds +1 Speed Yanmega, and OHKOs with Stone Edge. Infernape can predict its switch-ins and OHKO it with Overheat or Stone Edge. Skarmory walls it pretty well, and Mamoswine has Ice Shard to pick it off if need be. Stealth Rock too.

Defensive Threat List

Blissey : Skarmory sets up on most versions, as Flamethrower is a 3HKO most of the time, and since Garchomp is so common, Toxic is increasing in popularity. Infernape absolutely manhandles it, and Tyranitar can bite through it with Crunch and Stone Edge. Latios can Trick a Choice Specs on it, effectively screwing it over, and Garchomp can 2HKO it. Mamoswine also messes it up, taking Thunder Wave and mildly fearing Toxic.
---
Bronzong :
Infernape leaves a titanic dent in it with Overheat, and can 2HKO most versions with Close Combat. Tyranitar can usually 2HKO new Specially Defensive versions with Crunch and Fire Punch, and Garchomp can deal decent damage with Fire Blast. Skarmory sets up on practically all versions, and Spikes can also let me know if Bronzong is Heatproof or not. Latios Tricks a Specs on it, and basically ruins it for the rest of match.
---
Celebi :
Infernape doesn't fear anything from it really, neither does Garchomp. Skarmory can set up on most versions, and doesn't take much from Hidden Power Fire. Tyranitar scares it to death with a STAB Crunch, though it hates taking Grass Knot or being crippled by Thunder Wave. Mamoswine can pick off some variants with Ice Shard, and Latios basically screws with it via Draco Meteor.
---
Cresselia :
Tyranitar is my top answer here. Skarmory sets up Spikes, and Infernape can U-turn on the switch and give me the upper hand against it. Latios smashes it with Draco Meteor, and Tricking a Specs on it allows me to set up Tyranitar as they will be locked into Ice Beam (will most likely be doing laughable damage).
---
Donphan :
Latios is perfect against it, taking next to nothing from Ice Shard and killing it with Surf or Draco Meteor. Skarmory walls pretty much every variant (though ironically can't set up Spikes). Mamoswine and Infernape deal decent damage to it. Pretty tough to take down.
---
Forretress :
Infernape, Garchomp and Tyranitar can smash it with Fire moves, and Latios can deal acceptable damage with Surf and even Draco Meteor. Spikes and Toxic Spikes are very annoying, however, and being able to Rapid Spin away Skarmory Spikes is...totally not cool.
---
Gliscor :
Pretty annoying, especially the Baton Passers. Latios can ruin it with Surf, and Mamoswine has Ice Shard to pick most variants off. Skarmory sets up against it (assuming no Taunt), and Garchomp can deal good damage to it with Outrage. Infernape's Overheat leaves a lasting impression.
---
Hippowdon :
Annoying. Leads get up Stealth Rock and can shuffle things out. The fact that it walls both Garchomp AND Tyranitar only makes it more annoying, although Skarmory and Latios handle it fairly. Infernape can do some heavy damage with Overheat, though sometimes, it's not enough.
---
Skarmory :
Ugh, you bet this thing is troublesome. Infernape can kill it with Overheat, although no one else on my team can OHKO it and are sometimes stalled out. Pretty big issue, though not overly so.
---
Snorlax :
Easy to stop really. Infernape's Close Combat does a lot through even Curse, and Tyranitar can set up alongside most Curses and hope for a crit or multiple Defense lowerings. Latios can Trick a Specs, and Skarmory Phazes and Spikes the field up.
---
Suicune:
Ugh...Infernape's Close Combat does a decent chunk. Skarmory can Whirlwind most variants out while Spiking against CroCune. Latios stops most versions with a Trick Specs followed by a set-up Tyranitar. It's a trouble to most teams though, so I don't worry that much.
---
Swampert :
Latios can handle this guy effectively, as can Skarmory. Infernape's Close Combat does a lot, and Mamoswine can sometimes 2HKO with Earthquake. Stops Tyranitar and to a lesser extent Garchomp, so it's pretty mean ;(
---
Tentacruel :
Eww...Rapid Spin sucks. Garchomp OHKOs with Earthquake, and Latios can deal some damage with Draco Meteor. Mamoswine also kills it with its own Earthquake, although this usually allows Skarmory to come in and begin Spiking. What a prick.
---
Vaporeon :
Latios is a full stop to most HP Electric / Surf / Protect / Wish sets, and hits it continously with Dragon Pulse. Infernape 2HKOs it with Close Combat with Stealth Rock, making it a fantastic lure. Tyranitar deals a lot of damage with Stone Edge. This thing is pretty overrated to be honest.
---
Zapdos :
I.Don't.Like.Zapdos. Garchomp can sort of stop them with Stone Edge, though Hidden Power Ice can theoretically kick my ass. Tyranitar OHKOs with Stone Edge or can 2HKO with Crunch (with Stealth Rock). Latios doesn't take much from anything, and hits it back with Dragon Pulse. Infernape can Stone Edge and Mamoswine hits it with Ice Shard, in case it's an offensive variant.
---

Very well done, but I'm just wondering about Brave Bird on Skarmory. Since it's a specially defensive variant, and so has an inferior anti-Gyarados matchup relative to the standard Skarmory (and there's way less Gyarados in suspect anyways), coupled with no attack investment to get the OHKO on Infernape (this needs 64 Atk EV's), perhaps use Toxic or Taunt, because Brave Bird really has questionable utility in this new metagame.

If you're a gambler, you could also get Stealth Rock on there, and then get an immediate damage lead rather than a support lead.

You haven't listed any suspect threats, and I think Manaphy may trouble you. Specifically, SubTail Glow Manaphy. It can set up a sub with relatively ease, and not many of your Pokemon can immediately kill it. For instance, Mamoswine, Tyranitar, and Garchomp can break its Substitutes but they will usually die in the process. I don't think Latios can take two Ice Beams.

To help solve this problem, giving Latios Thunderbolt over Surf will help. (I think Trick is necessary.) Surf leaves you wide open for Empoleon to set up, which I see is another problem if it sets up with a Sub intact. Thunderbolt will hit most steels just as hard as Surf but has the advantage of OHKOing Skarmory who is running amuck. In summary, Latios can switch in on the Sub, T-bolt on the Ice Beam, survive, T-bolt again for the kill. That is the easiest way to not sacrifice one of your Pokemon.

Another suspect who is a big trouble is Latios itself. Choice Specs Surf 2HKOes all your Pokemon I believe (even Latios, I didn't run calcs but this happened on Shoddy to me once). You are going to have trouble switching in, especially if Skarmory gets weakened. Then again, the only Pokemon not going to be in trouble switching in is the fat blob herself. Only thing I can really say is try to keep Mamoswine until late game.

I've tried Rock Polish MixTar and it isn't bad, heck, you give it enough Speed you can OHKO ScarfChomp with Ice Beam, however I don't think it is what this team wants. Your team is very vulnerable to status from the likes of Rotom-A and Blissey. I just started to test this set and it is working surprisingly well:

Tyranitar @ Liechi Berry
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Dragon Dance / Rock Polish
~ Crunch
~ Stone Edge / Aqua Tail

A Scizor coming in will usually Bullet Punch you so there is a lot less need for Fire Punch, especially when you've got Stone Edge (which hits it just as hard) and Aqua Tail gives better coverage overall though. You outspeed Rotom-A, Cresselia, making them pure set up fodder. Rock Polish is up for offer, and isn't half bad with the boost from Liechi Berry but with Dragon Dance you become a real powerhouse.

Good luck!

Very well done, but I'm just wondering about Brave Bird on Skarmory. Since it's a specially defensive variant, and so has an inferior anti-Gyarados matchup relative to the standard Skarmory (and there's way less Gyarados in suspect anyways), coupled with no attack investment to get the OHKO on Infernape (this needs 64 Atk EV's), perhaps use Toxic or Taunt, because Brave Bird really has questionable utility in this new metagame.

If you're a gambler, you could also get Stealth Rock on there, and then get an immediate damage lead rather than a support lead.
I don't mind not OHKOing Infernape on the switch, since Brave Bird does enough that with a few LO recoils, Infernape becomes a very low level problem. I would love to fit one of those options on Skarmory, but I hate the idea of being completely weak to Taunt. I'll test out Toxic though, since it seems like something that would work best instead of Stealth Rock or Taunt. Thanks for the rate =)

You haven't listed any suspect threats, and I think Manaphy may trouble you.

Yeah, I accidentally forgot to add them. Ironically, Manaphy IS the Suspect I most fear.

Specifically, SubTail Glow Manaphy. It can set up a sub with relatively ease, and not many of your Pokemon can immediately kill it. For instance, Mamoswine, Tyranitar, and Garchomp can break its Substitutes but they will usually die in the process. I don't think Latios can take two Ice Beams.

Agreed, I've had to either sacrifice a Pokemon (Ape or Mamoswine mostly) to break the Sub and revenge kill it, or weaken Latios enough for it to be ineffective. It's an ass =(

To help solve this problem, giving Latios Thunderbolt over Surf will help. (I think Trick is necessary.) Surf leaves you wide open for Empoleon to set up, which I see is another problem if it sets up with a Sub intact. Thunderbolt will hit most steels just as hard as Surf but has the advantage of OHKOing Skarmory who is running amuck. In summary, Latios can switch in on the Sub, T-bolt on the Ice Beam, survive, T-bolt again for the kill. That is the easiest way to not sacrifice one of your Pokemon.

I like this idea, in fact, I like it so much, I'll just add it. I've tested Thunderbolt before, and while I like Surf, your points are just too true to ignore ;_; Thunderbolt > Surf is going to happen.

Another suspect who is a big trouble is Latios itself. Choice Specs Surf 2HKOes all your Pokemon I believe (even Latios, I didn't run calcs but this happened on Shoddy to me once). You are going to have trouble switching in, especially if Skarmory gets weakened. Then again, the only Pokemon not going to be in trouble switching in is the fat blob herself. Only thing I can really say is try to keep Mamoswine until late game.

Surf has a very low chance of 2HKOing Skarmory, though with Stealth Rock it's essentially guaranteed. They usually switch-out in fear of a Speed tie, so while it does hurt, I can play around it most of the time.

I've tried Rock Polish MixTar and it isn't bad, heck, you give it enough Speed you can OHKO ScarfChomp, however I don't think it is what this team wants. Your team is very vulnerable to status from the likes of Rotom-A and Blissey. I just started to test this set and it is working surprisingly well:

Tyranitar @ Liechi Berry
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Dragon Dance / Rock Polish
~ Crunch
~ Stone Edge / Aqua Tail

A Scizor coming in will usually Bullet Punch you so there is a lot less need for Fire Punch, especially when you've got Stone Edge (which hits it just as hard) and Aqua Tail gives better coverage overall though. You outspeed Rotom-A, Cresselia, making them pure set up fodder. Rock Polish is up for offer, and isn't half bad with the boost from Liechi Berry but with Dragon Dance you become a real powerhouse.

I really want to try this out. Liechi Berry will also let me feint Choice Band in most cases, which could me out. If I do use Rock Polish, is Jolly really important?

Good luck!
Thanks MetaNite, I'll be testing those suggestions out tomorrow =]

Jolly lets you outspeed Timid Skymin, Scarf Heatran, Scarf Chomp, Scarf Flygon. Its not necessary, but I would call it important.

First off, this team is really awesome, and I am impressed at how much time you spent in the production of this RMT. I 5-starred this without a second thought. I love how everyone is using Unholy Calamity's great threat list to.

Since the team is already pretty solid, I'll try and make some changes geared toward dealing with your biggest threats. First off, Empoleon and Lucario (especially) would be easily checked by Mach Punch on Infernape, which you mentioned. However, I would be strongly opposed to Overheat being replaced. I know how much you like U-turn, but it would be the move I recommend replacing. From your descriptions it seems like you are good at calculated prediction, so why not predict and use Stone Edge to hit Lati@s and Starmie just as hard? U-turn simply aids prediction, but you seem to have a good enough handle on the Suspect Metagame to make these predictions without its aid.

You cite Scizor as a bit of a problem and I'm not surprised. It can come in quite easily on your choiced dragon attacks and spam U-turn. It also stops your favorite poke (and mine as well =D) from sweeping. An easy fix for this would be to just slap a Babiri Berry on Tyranitar. I think the power loss is actually not much of a loss, as you will sweep much more often with the current metagame's top pokemon out of the way.

Besides that, I don't think you should have too much trouble against Gyarados. If you can get Stealth Rock up early enough, Garchomp's power and Skarmory's phazing should be enough of a check. Speaking of which, I would normally recommend against such a gimmicky spread on Skarmory (it makes it kind of an inferior Bronzong) but if your having success with it then by all means keep using it.

Overall the team looks great. I hope you have a lot of success with it. Great RMT.

This team is awesome.

I only see Manaphy posing a threat and maybe scarf Shaymin-s (to an extent).

These can already be dealt with by your team to an extent. (if all the members are alive)

I wouldn't worry much about them, but I would handle them carefully. A couple mistake and things could get out of hand.

First off, this team is really awesome, and I am impressed at how much time you spent in the production of this RMT. I 5-starred this without a second thought :toast:. I love how everyone is using Unholy Calamity's great threat list to.

That's Unholy Calamity's? Wow, I saw iKitsune post it. I'll credit him; it really is a great threat list.

Since the team is already pretty solid, I'll try and make some changes geared toward dealing with your biggest threats. First off, Empoleon and Lucario (especially) would be easily checked by Mach Punch on Infernape, which you mentioned. However, I would be strongly opposed to Overheat being replaced. I know how much you like U-turn, but it would be the move I recommend replacing. From your descriptions it seems like you are good at calculated prediction, so why not just use Stone Edge to hit Lati@s and Starmie just as hard? U-turn simply aids prediction, but you seem to have a good enough handle on the Suspect Metagame to make these predictions without its aid.

When I was battling a bit today, I did notice how important Overheat is, and since I'm gonna be trying out a SubTar, removing Skarmory and Bronzong is going to be of the upmost importance. I do love U-turn, but it's sad for me to admit that Mach Punch does provide too many great ways to revenge kill stuff =( I'll be testing Mach Punch > U-turn, hopefully it'll clear up my Lucario and Empoleon fears.

You cite Scizor as a bit of a problem and I'm not surprised. It can come in quite easily on your choiced dragon attacks and spam U-turn. It also stops your favorite poke (and mine as well =D) from sweeping. As easy fix for this would be to just slap a Babiri Berry on Tyranitar. Overall I think the power loss is actually not much of a loss, as you will sweep much more often with the current metagame's top pokemon out of the way.

If I don't find SubTar to be effective, I will definately use Babiri Berry. Fire Punch still does decent damage to Skarmory and Bronzong. Good point.

Besides that, I don't think you should have too much trouble against Gyarados. If you can get Stealth Rock up early enough, Garchomp power and Skarmory's phazing should be enough of a check. Speaking of which, I would normally recommend against such a gimmicky spread on Skarmory (it makes it kind of an inferior Bronzong) but if your having success with it then by all means keep using it.

I really thought it was going to be terrible, but it seems to work wonders. I might try out Bronzong if I find Spikes aren't that useful and I want to lessen my weakness to Gyarados (BOOM)

Overall it looks great. I hope you have a lot of success with it. Great RMT.
You pretty much finalized it; Mach Punch is going on Infernape. I'll test it over U-turn tomorrow. I can sleep peacefully knowing Lucario won't be running down my team anymore, thanks a bunch ;)

This is truly an awesome team =)

Maybe Toxic on Garchomp. It hits incoming bulky waters and helps your theme of passive damage. It also can weaken his counters to the point that he can come back in later in the game and possibly sweep. Definately go with Mach Punch on Infernape. The ability to get Lucario without letting Garchomp come in is invaluable. Especially if your opponent has a skarmory who can setup spikes and put garchomp to where once he switches into lucario that will be the last time.

Hi there id just like to say what an excellent RMT congratulations.
Also yeah "Calamity" posted that originally i just edited it for everyone :)

Its quite a funny team, it has poor synergy (fighting type attacks), and it has infernape in a sandstorm = dead ape. Whats so fascinating and laudable is that you pull it off superbly. I've been thinking about this team for a while and i hope i can help.

A well built stall team is going to eat you alive. Especially one with Skarmory Hippowdon, the former will work with Blissey to take Latios on and will likely recieve the trick mitigating the potential damage not only this because of its typing it completely walls Mamoswine and resists Chomp's main attacking combo, regardless of the fact you have your own Skarmory to set up on it and Infernape to overheat it, its still going to give you a headaches, as you said . The latter, Hippowdon easily beats Tyranitar and Garchomp it cant easily be removed by Overheat either. The underlying problem to all of this though is that your Skarmory and its role as a Spiker is completely undermined by the rapid spinner on a stall team. i appreciate Skarmory is an excellent member in any Suspect team especially against offense so i'm not going to change it. Ultimately you need a sure fire way to beat stall, and your solitary tricker is just not enough to achieve this.

Here are my proposals.

Firstly i think you should make Tyranitar into a Life Orb mixed variant its excellent at breaking stall particularly at dealing 70% to hippowdon killing Skarmory with unexpected Fire Blast and 2HKOing blissey with crunch. Seriously the thing is guaranteed to massively compromise the walling combinations stall teams utterly rely on and ultimately will enable you to sweep better with Chomp and Ape. This will hopefully catch Scizor and Garchomp on the switch too so has good use against offensively oriented teams too.

Partly why im suggesting this is that i dont really see how TTar can sweep in this metagame. Both Choice Band Scizor and Scarfed Garchomp are rife the former will do a load with Bullet Punch even with Babiri and the latter just outright beats you with EQ. I think overall you will find this hit and run approach more effective in this metagame.

Alternatively, though not as good a stall sweeper you could use an Choice Band Snorlax so you dont loose Infernape immediately although you'd lose Chomp's veil. Crunch and STAB selfdestruct with Fire Punch off its awesome attack works well against its unusually sp.def counters like Skarmory and Bronzong.

Until I used ScarfChomp. No, I am not saying this is Garchomp's best set, just that it fits so well on this team, revenge killing boosted sweepers and being overall badass, that it did better than the other sets. Flygon can go take a hike; Garchomp is the best revenge killer in OU and will remain so until the end of the Suspect test (I'm pulling for Garchomp in OU though!).
Throughout suspect ive actually found Scarf Latios to be more effective as it revenge kills scarf chomp among many others (i realise you have mamo for this job but the extra insurance cant hurt). It may be an idea for you to swap them around as many teams have surefire answers to Latios but not so much against CB chomp again due to its usual counters primarily investing in Sp.Def. This change better equips you to handle stall, Latios can still use Trick with a Scarf and Garchomp's Outrage will do a hell of a lot more 2hkoing most members.

Hope this helps.

-Borrowed from Unholy Calamity (freakin awesome threat list, man)
=D

Onto the team, it is quite impressive, it is similar to my team only that I run adamant Mamoswine as my lead, Garchomp has the SD set with Haban Berry and have Scizor over Skarmory.

Maybe it just me but I have always preferred the power behind an adamant Mamoswine over a jolly variant, I am assuming you haven't tried adamant yet but if the speed is needed then that is OK.

For Tyranitar have you tried investing in some special defense to combat some special sweepers? What I did was take some points from attack and invest it into special defense to help him take some hits from a Draco Meteor from Latios, though the set itself is alright maybe that is something to consider.

All in all I like the team a lot, hope you don't mind I try some stuff from here. =D

Edit - On the topic of Stone Edge vs Dragon Claw I would personally just go with SE, my reason being that you already have Outrage, and though the move locks you the move hits much harder and can really help in the long, go for coverage.

I've been testing the team today, and I took everyone's suggestions as I promised (albeit I've been a bit late; was sick on Tuesday and had too much to do on Wednesday). Anyway, I did try out Mach Punch on Ape, and I've found U-turn to be far too useful. The Lucario weak bugs me, but letting Latios and Latias switch-in for nearly free and threaten me is more of a problem in my opinion. U-turn will be staying on Ape, although I may give Mach Punch a shot over Overheat, since it seems to be the only move I never use.

As for Tyranitar, I sort of dislike the idea of Substitute and Liechi Berry. It sort of takes away Tyranitar's bulk and natural ability to come in, attack, and come back later to cause more havoc. Due to this, I'm considering taking Dormin's advice and using Babiri Berry over Life Orb, to not only feint Choice Band but to also live hits from Scizor as well as not waste HP early on in the match. The boost from Dragon Dance really helps, but I will test Rock Polish over Dragon Dance if Skymin and 115+ Speed Pokemon become troublesome.

Thanks for all the help, guys. I'll update the first post when I've finalized changes. Typing it going to take a while =-(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)