Pokémon Gardevoir

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read the thread all the way through but I was runing mega gardevoir since beginning of bank OU and the only thing that could completely wall it was heatran who was taking a max 10% from me on that set and forced me to run focus blast. However with it beg=ing a tier up Gardevoir could easiily become a defining threat
Gardevoir @ gardevoirite
252 SPA/4 DEF/252 SPE timid (+SPE/- ATK)
-hyper voice
-hidden power (fire)
-psyshock
-encore
with a galvantula suicide lead not much can survive.
in OU i got a solid 1650+ rating with her as my mega, Heatran being run as a solid Talonflame counter screws with it though and it has trouble going higher as it's on almost every other team i faced.

I been running quite a odd gardevoir on my team.
Gardevoir @ gardevoirite
252HP/4DEF/252SPA Modest
-echoed voice
-psyshock
-reflect
-T bolt/Shadow ball

iv experimented with sub but it just didn't work very well, so i make my Megagardevoir bulky by running reflect instead. its still averagely fast but now can take hits from both ends. if set up well switch into a special attacker set up reflect while Megaing then then start echoed voice spamming until until even skarmary takes 75% in one hit.( Actually you can very well start echoing on skarmory as well if u already have a rapid spinner) 3-4 pokes die most of the time. i have good progress with this set though it is quite different.
t bolt to help with garados and some other waters as well as flying types also good neutral
shadow ball for prefect neutral coverage

As much as I adore my Gardevoir, I'm having some troubles with her.

My Lefties are being used, and assume that I can't use Hyper Voice.

What should I do? I fear she's too flimsy for dual screening, and not durable enough to take a Calm Mind and have enough HP to get through one or two kills. I'm currently having her use Moonblast/Psyshock/Shadow Ball, which tends to get walled by Steels and doesn't open me up for a lot of coverage.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I been running quite a odd gardevoir on my team.
Gardevoir @ gardevoirite
252HP/4DEF/252SPA Modest
-echoed voice
-psyshock
-reflect
-T bolt/Shadow ball

iv experimented with sub but it just didn't work very well, so i make my Megagardevoir bulky by running reflect instead. its still averagely fast but now can take hits from both ends. if set up well switch into a special attacker set up reflect while Megaing then then start echoed voice spamming until until even skarmary takes 75% in one hit.( Actually you can very well start echoing on skarmory as well if u already have a rapid spinner) 3-4 pokes die most of the time. i have good progress with this set though it is quite different.
t bolt to help with garados and some other waters as well as flying types also good neutral
shadow ball for prefect neutral coverage
Just make sure you take care of Scizor first.
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gardevoir through Reflect: 229-271 (82.3 - 97.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 141-166 (40.9 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

taunt or cm / hyper voice / psyshock / hp ground is probably the best set

i find taunt has a lot of utility for preventing recoveries and defogs; zapdos, for example, could sack itself and defog or skarm could roost / whirlwind / defog on you and you can taunt them which effectively neuters their attempts of checking / defogging etc. this applies to other defensive mons like chansey (cm + psyshock can still be checked kinda), ferrothorn (who hard walls with hp ground), and even more offensive pokemon like multiscale WP dnite trying to get a free +3 +1. stopping bulky waters like politoed and suicune from resting is major too. hp ground is chosen over another move because it hits both aegislash and heatran (shadow ball doesn't hit tran sadly, focus doesn't hit aegi). hitting the two most common steels w/ hp ground is far better than just running shadow ball or focus blast. cm is a viable option over taunt too, but i am really a big fan of taunt and feel as though it works best with this set. if you're running cm, shadow ball is probably a better option.

Though it makes sense for Heatran to run Flash Cannon for fairies, I'm not really sure how many Heatran want to use up that moveslot for such a medicore attacking type, especailly when some of the most relevent fairies outspeed it and can threaten with their own super effective moves, namely Togekiss and Azumarill.

I know Psyshock has it's uses, but doesn't Hyper Voice hit Goodra harder thanks to super effective damage, higher base power, and pixelate anyway?
Despite your argument, I still see a ton of Heatran running Flash Cannon.

As for your Psyshock,
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 216-254 (56.2 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 210-247 (54.6 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It's a minimal difference 2%, for higher base power, pixelate and super effective.

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 182-216 (47.3 - 56.2%) -- 79.7% chance to 2HKO
Even worse if it's a dedicated Special Tank.

It doesn't give STAB after Changing it to fairy. It's a 117 base move.
Pardon us, but you are a bit late to the party; it has been confirmed via damage calcs a long time ago that Pixilate, Aerilate and Refrigerate moves do have additional STAB on them. Hyper Voice is the strongest special move with STAB without recharging (Hyper Beam) or setup (Future Sight, now 120 BP).

Pardon us, but you are a bit late to the party; it has been confirmed via damage calcs a long time ago that Pixilate, Aerilate and Refrigerate moves do have additional STAB on them. Hyper Voice is the strongest special move with STAB without recharging (Hyper Beam) or setup (Future Sight, now 120 BP).
Sorry. My bad, I am late, and I did not check. I thought I read a long time ago that it did not. Please ignore that statement, it will now be deleted due to sheer stupidity

Stupid question:

I just made an account, and I gotta know: How are you guys able to get all of these Hyper Voice sets on Gardevoir? Is there a tutor I don't know about somewhere?

So far mine is something like:

Gardevoir w/Gardevoirite
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Timid Nature, Trace ability
Psyshock
Moonblast
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt

Just make sure you take care of Scizor first.
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gardevoir through Reflect: 229-271 (82.3 - 97.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 141-166 (40.9 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Hp? well my set is Max HP invested and Hp fire is quite viable a move as well so the calcs would be more acuratly.
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 412-488 (119.7 - 141.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO. but with out hp fire scizor still wins the fight.

Hey guys, So i was finally able to transfer my shiny gardevior that's been with me since gen 4. He's calm with hyper voice (courtesy of move tutor) I would like to make it a spdef wall as a mega. Any suggestions as to what other moves to use as filler?

I think gardevior is one of the best megas

has a special attack of 274
mine has moonblast psyshock calmmind and thunderbolt.

Hey guys, So i was finally able to transfer my shiny gardevior that's been with me since gen 4. He's calm with hyper voice (courtesy of move tutor) I would like to make it a spdef wall as a mega. Any suggestions as to what other moves to use as filler?
Will-O-Wisp/Toxic with Wish and Protect is pretty annoying.

Hello guys.
I am a bit to the party but,
is this set viable?
Gardevoir/Gardevoirite
252 hp/252 Spe/4 spa
Timid Nature
Moonblast
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Calm mind

Or is the 252 HP EV's to inferior in comparison to 252 in spA

Here's the set I've been using on the OU ladder.

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

MGardy is very similar to YZard. Both are special mons with 100 base speed that enjoy spamming a STAB nuke that few pokemon can safely switch in on. While drought fireblast outdamages pixilate hyper voice, gardevoir has a lot of benefits that, imo, make it a perfectly viable for the S ranked mega.

1. Will-o-wisp. This move is amazing on gardevoir. Scizor and genesect (IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE LOL) love switching into hyper voice and a burn completely neuters both of them. Will-o-wisp also beats a lot of pokemon that try to set up on gardevoir such as WP dnite and M-mawile.

2. It's moves are just better. Hyper voice has 100% accuracy and beats substitute users. Fairy has much better neutral coverage than fire. Psyshock is much more reliable than solar beam/earthquake and lets gardevoir 2hko the pink blobs later on in the game after you rack up some residual damage. Focus blast is focus blast. Even though fireblast outdamages hypervoice, both pokemon get the 2HKOs they need.

3. Neutrality to stealth rock is a huge advantage as it lets gardevoir switch in repeatedly to spam its nuke. Frail as balls physically though and can't switch into any psychical attacker besides conkeldurr. Despite that, I find gardevoir to be much easier to support than charizard.

4. Trace is gud. Nuff said.

Hey guys I just want to ask if this is viable or not,
Gardevoir with gardevoirite synchronize
252 EVs in sp. atk and spd, 4 in sp. def
Perfect IVS in all but atk.
Moveset is:
Psychic
Moonblast
Thunderbolt
Shadowball
Modest nature

I just wanna see if it's viable, can you guys give me some suggestions?

Hey guys I just want to ask if this is viable or not,
Gardevoir with gardevoirite synchronize
252 EVs in sp. atk and spd, 4 in sp. def
Perfect IVS in all but atk.
Moveset is:
Psychic
Moonblast
Thunderbolt
Shadowball
Modest nature

I just wanna see if it's viable, can you guys give me some suggestions?
Trace is a better ability most of the time. You can get some pretty neat abilities and you don't have to mega evolve right away.

Psyshock>Psychic. Timid>Modest. Hyper Voice>Moonblast (if this is cartridge you're stuck with Moonblast though, unless you can transfer one over.) Thunderbolt doesn't give a lot of coverage, Will-o-wisp is really good since it can screw over a lot of things that could otherwise counter you.

I don't know how effective it is but in theory WoW Gardevoir is an excellent bait for Scizor and Aegislash. They switch in on Gardevoir only to have their Attack stats crippled. Interesting on paper but could be flimsy in practice.

I've seen people running will-0-wisp and it's not bad, I'm currently using a 4 attack gardevoir but am thinking of dropping HP fire for encore or will-o-wisp

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This has been my favorite set:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Hyper Voice is the most important move, as with an effective base power of 176, it demolishes pokemon that don't resist it. Even a resisted hyper voice has a base power of 88, which can hit frail pokemon hard.

Speaking of pokemon that resist Fairy, Gardevoir is very capable of ripping apart Poison types with Psyshock, Burning obvious steel switchins like Scizor, and killing Aegislashes who think Shadow Sneak can KO (it never will at +0) with shadow ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)