Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And info from the website

SOLGALEO
Sunne Pokemon

LUNALA
Moone Pokemon
What's with them making the es? Dodging it from Espeon?

It wil have the suffering of having to just barely survive knock off----

Maybe the legendaries were banished from the sun and moon by arceus

PEOPLE OF ALOLA- Do not give your Lunalas an item
Unless there's Ghost version of Acrobatics, yeah... she's going to possibly the only cover legendary sunk to something around NU. :<
I feel cheated. Psy/Gst looks plausible, but this is just....

... sorry, a little salted lately.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Could be Psychic type as well, because Gengar is part Poison type. It's probably Ghost type though, from the presence of the word "geist" in its name
True, I forgot about that. But ghost is a safe bet. Do any legendaries have a signature move that isn't the same type as themselves?

Kind of worried about what this means for hand-holding in the adventure...
It could also mean that they can stuff all the handholding away in the rotomdex so NPCs don't have to tell you everything any more.

What's with them making the es? Dodging it from Espeon?

Unless there's Ghost version of Acrobatics, yeah... she's going to possibly the only cover legendary sunk to something around NU. :<
I feel cheated. Psy/Gst looks plausible, but this is just....

... sorry, a little salted lately.
Well, there are plenty of Pokemon with 4x weaknesses. I mean all you have to do is take Hoopa and give it a good speed stat and I guarantee you that it would also be Uber. So, I'd give it a shot until we see the stats.

Reactions: JES
Kind of worried about what this means for hand-holding in the adventure...
As much as I dislike easier Pokemon games, I have to admit I don't see a certain amount of this as being a problem. I bought Omega Ruby for my seven year old cousin, and while he "got" battles and items and catching, when it comes to figuring out what is essentially a series of fetch quests, he was pretty stumped. Mostly because he can't be bothered to a) read b) talk to npcs and c) go back and do all of that again when he gets stuck/forgets what he's doing, but even so, a Rotom Dex might streamline this particular experience for kids in a similar position.

As long as it's optional, or non-intrusive..

Damn, I'm so pissed by the typings of the legends. Mega pyroar might stand a chance in ubers as a mence+xerno check, but magearna might do that better and lunala really needs to have a ridiculous amount of bst to be effective. Literally ghost+anything else but psychic would have been good, I thought that gamefreak learned something from hoopa...

Anyways the rotodex is so cool, hope we could use that in battle as well.

I think psychic makes sense for their typings since it's traditionally associated with space (Solrock/Lunatone, Cosmic Power, the psychic gym in XY being space themed, etc). Lunala's typing is terrible from a competitive point of view but flavor-wise I like it. Not sure what to think about Solgaleo's, it really sounds weird having a sun-themed legendary weak to fire-type moves. I'm sitting here hoping their abilities will have an extra effect besides being Clear Body/Multiscale clones, like Solgaleo's adding an immunity to fire and Lunala's adding an immunity to dark, but that's probably too much wishful thinking considering they would probably have said something about that on the video if it were true. Oh well. I'm team Moon all the way, I love Lunala's design and concept a lot. Hopefully it'll have the best version exclusives.
With this I hope their lore justifies their typing. Maybe we will have lots of supernatural things in the storyline.

Plugging it into the calculator really quick; for a Level 50 Pokémon to have 212 HP with a 0 IV in HP and 0 HP EVs, then at the lowest, it's Base HP would be 152
Honestly Solgaleo looks like it would be the "Slow but Bulky" type compared to Lunala. So, Base 152 HP sounds...reasonable.

Well, well, well... quite interesting news we got today.

Solgaleo with Full Metal Alchemist Body and Sunsteel Strike: I certainly would have never expected that typing. I could have expected things like Fire or Electric, but Psychic/Steel? I guess its rather metallic body makes sense, now. Regarding its Ability, it is essentially a Clear Body clone. I have nothing against it. If all, he could be a decent physical sweeper that doesn't fear Intimidate, especially if Sunsteel Strike is a Steel-type attack. Though, Sunsteel Strike... I wonder if it will become the Steel version of Sacred Fire. considering that the move seems to engulf Solgaleo in flames (which is kinda ironic, considering its typing).

Lunala with Shadow Shield and Moongeist Beam: Psychic/Ghost, huh? I personally would have preferred Fairy/Ghost, since it could have made it a perfect counterpart of Solgaleo (Ghost beats Psychic, Steel beats Fairy), but the typing is still cool. Also, Shadow Shield being a Multiscale clone should make it quite durable despite the double weakness to Dark and Ghost. Hopefully it will get a healing move to make good use of its Ability. Perhaps Moonlight? Regarding its signature attack, it seems that it will be a Ghost-type move, judging by the name. I wonder if it will have additional effects...

Rotom Pokedex: Oh, wow, yet another unexpected thing! A new Rotom form! It would be nice if it could be used for battles as well. Maybe it could get Electric/Steel as a typing, in case it could be used to fight? However, it seems to be able to communicate with the player... I wonder what other things it can do and how it will be adapted in the anime.

Alola: The region is bigger than how it first appeared, that's for sure. I love the fact that it is divided in multiple islands. In fact, I wonder if you will have to use ferries or ships to move between them, at least at the beginning.

Human Characters: I would like to learn a few more things about them first, but I personally really like them, especially the professor. The assistant had a quite serious expression in the artwork, so I wonder if she is overall serious or reserved as a character. The kid, instead, has been defined as "friend" rather than "cousin" like in the other trailer. So, maybe the term cousin is more used as the typical Hawaiian term rather than used to indicate him as being blood-related to the protagonist.

Anyone else notice Solgaleo's signature attack making the 'not very effective' sound when it hit Salamence? I didn't see the message pop up, but it still managed to OHKO. I'm guessing Lunala's signature move is ghost type since you hear the 'it's super effective' sound effect and see the message.
Well, actually, once the attack struck Salamence, it immediately said that Salamence fainted, without showing the "it's not very effective" part (which always happens before the Pokemon faints). So, I think the attack hit neutrally.

Well, there are plenty of Pokemon with 4x weaknesses. I mean all you have to do is take Hoopa and give it a good speed stat and I guarantee you that it would also be Uber. So, I'd give it a shot until we see the stats.
Hopefully. Being a (massive) bat, she should have great speed to match. But two double weakness still makes me a bit pessimistic about her in Ubers.

I'll just hope the main villain won't use Ghost or Dark Pokemon just to laugh at Lunala when we faced them.

True, I forgot about that. But ghost is a safe bet. Do any legendaries have a signature move that isn't the same type as themselves?

It could also mean that they can stuff all the handholding away in the rotomdex so NPCs don't have to tell you everything any more.
Manaphy has Heart Swap and Tail Glow. The latter was exclusive to it in the generation it was introduced in, and I believe Heart Swap is still unique to Manaphy.

Koumashiki

n o   h o m o
is an Artist Alumnus
Gosh I was hoping Lunaala (whatever, I like spelling this way) would be something like Ghost/Fairy, Or Dark/Fairy D:
I don't really play competitive but 2 double weaknesses is kinda ugh. But being a moon pokemon, at least we know it will get Moonlight, so that hope that nice Multiscale clone isn't wasted ;(

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Lunala's signature move is Ghost. Psychic is a shared type between the legendaries so unless Sunsteel Strike is also Psychic - with a name that literally has Steel in it when it's a steel-type 'mon - and Dark is the only type it could be that isn't one of Lunala's. So yeah, Ghost is a pretty good bet.

Also gosh, there's so much negativity about the typings. They're fine typings and if you're slagging off Ghost/Psychic because Hoopa-U isn't good in Ubers then I'm not entirely sure why you know Hoopa-U isn't good in ubers.

Well I can honestly say I did not predict Solgaleo's typing at all. Guess it really was a Zoids lion after all.

Edit: Also noticed the Salamance still has his flying battle sprite. I was kind of hoping the Sky Battle "everything must fly" models would get replaced. For Xatu's sake (amongst others).

Last edited:
Gengar is weak to Psychic so it could be that too, hopefully it isn't though lol!
I doubt either move is Psychic type, considering that's the type both of them share. To differentiate the two moves, I think they're going to be the secondary types of each of the legendaries, Steel and Ghost, like how Fusion Flare/Fusion Bolt and Blue Flare/Bolt Strike were. Makes sense when you consider they are called Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam.

TL;DR if it's a Psychic move I'll eat my hat.

EDIT: Greninja'd hardcore by Kurona .

ALRIGHT, Super Map Analysis time!

• There seem to be many boats traveling around, these will probably be our main mode of transportation before surf
  • Alongside the four main islands (Which I will call One, Two, Three, and Four) there also seems to be two smaller islands (to the left of One and to the right of Three.)
  • There also seems to be a strange white "island" in the center, likely the location of the elite four?
  • There is a LOT of Water, so hopefully we get some water diversity
  • ISLAND ONE: Seems very desert-y and rocky, many of the scenes from the last trailer seem to take place here. There is one visible Pokemon center and a stairway leading to a grey plateau. Could this be where we meet our legendaries? There also seems to be a lava-rock area with geysers. Surprisingly, no real visible towns past the little port area.
  • ISLAND TWO: This has been analyzed, as it is the island from the previous trailer. Most likely where we'll start.
  • ISLAND THREE: The lower island seems to have an airport and a lighthouse. The main island has many towns and cities with large, fancy houses. Weird water structures. There seem to be 6 Pokemon Centers here, so it's likely a large portion of our adventure will take place on Islands Three and Four.
  • ISLAND FOUR: A large, walled in area up top which could also be the elite four. Tall mountains with icy areas up top and a Pokemon center, likely meaning there will be an Ice-type or Dragon-type gym up there. A bit in from the left center there seems to be a circular area of some sort, though it is unclear what this could be for. 5 Pokemon centers and even more towns.
  • There seem to be many closed off watery areas around the islands. This could mean that we can only surf in those areas and cannot actually surf between the islands, but that seems somewhat unlikely, though possible if the elite four or battle frontier-esque building actually is the thing in the middle and they want to keep us from getting to it.
I may add more if new things are pointed out, but there's my first pass.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Lunala's signature move is Ghost. Psychic is a shared type between the legendaries so unless Sunsteel Strike is also Psychic - with a name that literally has Steel in it when it's a steel-type 'mon - and Dark is the only type it could be that isn't one of Lunala's. So yeah, Ghost is a pretty good bet.

Also gosh, there's so much negativity about the typings. They're fine typings and if you're slagging off Ghost/Psychic because Hoopa-U isn't good in Ubers then I'm not entirely sure why you know Hoopa-U isn't good in ubers.
It's moreso that Ghost / Psychic is bad offensive typing and worse defensive typing. Ghost + Psychic is one of the few Ghost / X typings you can get that won't ensure you hit every type for at least neutral damage. Defensively, a Ghost-type only gets a Psychic resistance from Psychic typing, and in exchange, becomes neutral to Bug and a crippling x4 weak to Dark and Ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)