Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Anime: Its confirmed that ash and sawyer battle in the semifinals.
This is what we've been waiting for. A confirmation that Ash will lose

Actually this confirms Ash gets to the finals vs Alain, so top 2 confirmed.
I don't pay attention to the anime anymore. Does Ash even have a mega? Or is he still sticking with Greninja?
Either way, I'd like to see Ash actually WIN for once.

I don't pay attention to the anime anymore. Does Ash even have a mega? Or is he still sticking with Greninja?
Either way, I'd like to see Ash actually WIN for once.
They have been hyping it real hard, Ash has 2 rivals this league, one is confirmed defeated by Ash the other one is the final.

Given previous patterns of Ash almost winning vs Alain I can say he is quite close to defeating him.

Heck I might even bet Ash will win vs Alain here or in worst case scenario the win will be dragged out to TF arc competition.

Ash only league rival he didn't defeat that defeated him beforehand was Barry wich was the fall guy to Paul.

Discounting unova terrible writing in Ash vs trip being a mediocre 1v1, The one who shall not be named and Furry Mc Eevee from deviant art it's safe to say Ash always defeats the rivals with dramatic tension focus.

There is no Trollbias here and a Cameron bullshit isn't close at all.

Regarding Anime: Its confirmed that ash and sawyer battle in the semifinals.
This is what we've been waiting for. A confirmation that Ash will lose
We know that the round after is Ash vs Alain ... This time Ash goes to final and I hope he wins this time (after 2 loses vs Alain)

Someone had dug through the code/files of ORAS and found that there was an extra set of "Pentagon" files alongside XY's and ORAS's. This would indicate that there was another set of games that would be compatible with the Pentagon format. What people are saying is that it's quite possible that Sun/Moon are the last set of games that could have the Pentagon, or that it will get scrapped because it's a different set of games that isn't in the same generation.
Oh, I see. Well, that isn't a good indicator of anything really. XY also had extra data for more megastones but, except for Mega Lati@s, it didn't get anything new when ORAS came out. I just think that outright saying ORAS/XY were designed to be compatible with S&M, without any solid evidence, is too much of a stretch and this sort of speculation hurts everybody.

btw guys, not to minimod but the anime has its own thread, js...

Oh, I see. Well, that isn't a good indicator of anything really. XY also had extra data for more megastones but, except for Mega Lati@s, it didn't get anything new when ORAS came out. I just think that outright saying ORAS/XY were designed to be compatible with S&M, without any solid evidence, is too much of a stretch and this sort of speculation hurts everybody.

btw guys, not to minimod but the anime has its own thread, js...
Personally, when I talk about compatibility, I never mean anything more than it being in the realm of possibility that Poké Bank could theoretically allow two-way inter-generational transfers, with limitation being they must be compatible moves going back.
And it has happened before with the Time Machine in Generation II.
Also, the pentagram thing is likely just a placeholder for Generation VI games that were never made with wiggle room in case they wanted to do X2 and Y2 instead just plain ol'Z, which ended up not being made.

Am I the only one that doesn't really care for getting a steelbook or not? I mean it's nice to have but not like "OH MY GOD I NEED THIS!". I personally am fine with it, but if that's all that's any different and it costs MORE, I'll stick with the old boxes. They fit better with my collection too.

Yeah as a person starting college I don't give a crap about paying an extra $20 for a metal case I'm sorry lol.

If they add stuff into it by the eventual Platinum remake I'll sure get it.

Even still, they're pretty lame pre-order extras. Why would I want a large steelbook that will just literally collect dust? And all so that it can hold a 3DS case? No thanks.

They oughta try out the small figurines as pre-order bonuses again, and I'd be on board. I loved the Giratina, Lugia, Ho-Oh, and Arceus figurines they made and to see ones for Solgaleo and Lunalaa would be cool.

Am I the only one that doesn't really care for getting a steelbook or not? I mean it's nice to have but not like "OH MY GOD I NEED THIS!". I personally am fine with it, but if that's all that's any different and it costs MORE, I'll stick with the old boxes. They fit better with my collection too.
That's more or less how I've felt about steelbooks in general. I just like my normal cases.

As someone who's been involved with VGC alone for the past 4 to 5 years, I'm almost sure they will go to regional Dex again. They did that for Unova (and it was terrible) and for Kalos (and it was awesome). Alola seems to have many more Pokemon than Unova, so I'm comfortable with it.

They have been hyping it real hard, Ash has 2 rivals this league, one is confirmed defeated by Ash the other one is the final.

Given previous patterns of Ash almost winning vs Alain I can say he is quite close to defeating him.

Heck I might even bet Ash will win vs Alain here or in worst case scenario the win will be dragged out to TF arc competition.

Ash only league rival he didn't defeat that defeated him beforehand was Barry wich was the fall guy to Paul.

Discounting unova terrible writing in Ash vs trip being a mediocre 1v1, The one who shall not be named and Furry Mc Eevee from deviant art it's safe to say Ash always defeats the rivals with dramatic tension focus.

There is no Trollbias here and a Cameron bullshit isn't close at all.
how is it confirmed that he will beat sawyer
we only know they battle in the semifinals

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
As someone who's been involved with VGC alone for the past 4 to 5 years, I'm almost sure they will go to regional Dex again. They did that for Unova (and it was terrible) and for Kalos (and it was awesome). Alola seems to have many more Pokemon than Unova, so I'm comfortable with it.
Didn't we get an image of the Dex showing it'll have a set similar to the Kalos dex where it's split into parts (my guess this time it'll be four, one for each island)?

how is it confirmed that he will beat sawyer
we only know they battle in the semifinals
Taking this conversation over to the anime thread.

It's not really Sun and Moon news, though, because the Gen VII anime won't be starting for another five months or so. The fact that we're at the Kalos finals now simply means that there's going to be another intermediary period soon. As far as the anime is concerned at this point, we only know that the next two fights feature prominent characters and plot points, but the most we could get from either that would actually affect our understanding of Gen VII would be more information on the synchro mechanic. Beyond that, everything's still guesswork at this point; for all we know, Tobias could show up with a Mega Latios and end it there.

It's not wrong to discuss it, its just that there's a place for this discussion, and that place isn't here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)