Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's too old. Now go back to your retirement home.

I seriously doubt Nintendo has that much control over them. If they can't to something as simple as give proper sound effects to the Smash Pokémon costumes in Mario Maker (inb4 that's been fixed), I doubt they have the power to get TPCi to shut up about their shiny new game. Besides, the only reason why they'd want to keep hush-hush on Sun and Moon info would be is if it was on the NX, and it isn't.

They're probably doing this for reasons separate from Nintendo's issues. Why? Who the hell knows.
Drat, I knew these memes were expired but they just seemed like such a waste to throw them out of my pantry. What's this "Cake is a lie" stuff, do you think it's still fresh? ;)

Its more in observation that they seemed to have some information/hype train going and then at the end of February it just derailed for some reason. Maybe not Nintendo, maybe it was Gamefreak, maybe it was crazy old Jaffers in charge of marketing, or maybe it was global warming that did it.

Or maybe it's just the wish in my head that this is all happening for a reason and it will be worth it in the end.

...yeah, right.

Friendly reminder that CoroCoro releases next week, since the 15th is on a Sunday.

Expect something Sun/Moon related around Monday/Tuesday.

C'mon guys, they might be serious about it this time. Really!

pffft, who am I kidding, it's probably nothing interesting.

I'll laugh if the only thing they talk about is the inevitable event for Mecha Diancie, or scrapped pokemon that would have been in the game, and nothing on the games themselves or new pokemon. Just keep on trolling, Trollfreak.

Eh, i'm expecting them to at least make good on the promise of showing the game covers. I think they did say as much.

Whether or not the give further details, such as the names and types of said cover legendaries, isnt a guarentee, given GF so far.

You have to balance mystery with information. We don't want to know everything (like knowing every single ORAS Mega), but just enough to keep us going until release. It's always nice to know a handful of Pokémon and some of the new gameplay features and it gets us hyped.
Kinda like Loot Crate: I know the theme and some of the properties that will be represented, but I have no clue of what I am going to get exactly. It's the perfect storm of mystery and foreknowledge causes me to be more hyped than if I just had one or the other.
I see your points, and you're not wrong. Getting bits and pieces of info here and there is great. But I'd still much rather go in blind. I guess it's ok to reveal the Pikachu of gen 7, as well as some of the Zygarde formes to prove that they werent a waste of time last year, but I dont want to know the new starters, I don't want to know the new pokemon, and we'll see the boxed legends when the game art gets released closer to the release date (which hasnt been pushed back, has it?) I don't need new info to keep me going: it's a brand new Pokemon game in a new region, that's much much more than enough for me. With Loot Crate, I mean I guess that's true, but case in point: once I found out that the theme for March was Quest, I opted out. I'm only opting back in because of Marvel next month though, so it goes both ways.

If GF goes this long without saying anything, and then they have the audacity to push back the release dates, I think that's when I'll start panicking/raging.

I am going to try to play the game as blind as possible. After the starters and main legendaries are revealed I want to play the game without knowing everything. It was really nice playing X without knowing anything and just jumping in.
Yeah, this is as far as I will attempt to go. Even then, I'd rather not know who they are. Not until after I beat the Pokemon League!

Sidebar: Volcanion has been released on Showdown. Has it been released in game, through an actual Nintendo event yet? So far, the only people I know that have it obtained it through hacking devices.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sidebar: Volcanion has been released on Showdown. Has it been released in game, through an actual Nintendo event yet? So far, the only people I know that have it obtained it through hacking devices.
It has been released in Japan as part of the recent Pokémon movie promotion. No date has been set for a Western release as of yet.

Still hoping out for AZ's Floette and a Zygarde event with the Thousand Moves being released before the new games though... :|

Maybe a bit off-topic but has there ever been a Pokémon released so late into a generation? I didn't play Gen V in its heydays but it's weird when the West will likely only get Volcanion a few months at best before the new gen is out.
Arceus was released painfully late but at least we had about a year (2?) or more to play around with it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well let's see, Genesect was officially available on August 11, 2012 and XY came out on October 12, 2013 which would be over a year apart.

So yeah, I think Volcanion would be the Event Pokemon released closet to the release of a new gen.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Erm, bad news for those hoping E3 might have new news. Nintendo just made a press release:

Nintendo’s kickoff to the E3 show happens at 9 a.m. PT Tuesday, June 14, when Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime introduces Nintendo Treehouse: Live, which will be dedicated to a day of live-streamed gameplay of The Legend of Zelda. This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game, which will also include commentaries by Nintendo developers. The Legend of Zelda gameplay will be streamed from the E3 show floor via Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch, as well as on http://e3.nintendo.com. The stream will include game coverage, behind-the-scenes info and plenty of fun.
Yup, they're skipping the live press conference & Nintendo Direct they usually do and going straight to the Treehouse Live segment.

Excuse me for sounding rude but I have to ask, did Iwata's death really mess up Nintendo that bad? I don't know, it seems like Nintendo has lost steam despite sounding like they got everything back in order with some restructuring aside.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Erm, bad news for those hoping E3 might have new news. Nintendo just made a press release:

Yup, they're skipping the live press conference & Nintendo Direct they usually do and going straight to the Treehouse Live segment.

Excuse me for sounding rude but I have to ask, did Iwata's death really mess up Nintendo that bad? I don't know, it seems like Nintendo has lost steam despite sounding like they got everything back in order with some restructuring aside.
Back when Masuda tweeted about E3, I thought he said he wasn't going to E3, but the grammar was very unusual.

Later, a friend of mine with a degree in Japanese said Masuda meant he wasn't going to Death Combo, because of E3. Which pressumably, he was meant to go to E3.

So I'd be surprised if there isn't any Pokemon stuff in E3.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Is this what I think it is?

They're snubbing CoroCoro for the info! They've finally come to their senses, and have fans anticipating their announcement, instead of some arbitrary time between the 9th and 13th for a pirate to upload a blurry picture of the Japan-only glossy magazine! Hallelujah!

...now, I'm not expecting this to be a regular feature from now, but at least it's nice to see them acknowledging the problem of dropping worldwide news in a way that makes the fansites acquire and spread the news days before the official channels.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Although I had nothing against CoroCoro, I think internet announcement is a greater choice considering how much internet Pokemon fans these days would use.

I think we would get silhouettes, if not box legendaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)