Status
Not open for further replies.
Serebii updated!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

We've got images of the Ultra Beasts fighting Tapu Koko, which makes me think the UBs are antagonistic. Also, according to Serebii, UB-02 Beauty is apparently faster than lightning, and UB-02 Expansion's nose is stronger than diamonds. More Ultra Beasts are to come, probably on the 20th.

Edit: Damn, ninja'd lol

... if you're going to do an major update on the 20th...

WAIT TILL THE 20TH!

Why just post up the Ultra Beast news and say you'll have more news a week from now?! Just save all the news for one day, why split it up into small chunks?
More hype, I guess?

Idk, it's definitely wierd. I don't remember this much news when XY was coming out. My only guess is that GF really wants to get us excited.

I find this pretty amusing, since it reminds me of the start of the Sun/Moon info cycle. Except I don't forsee as much complaints about a lack of info.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
This is disappointing.

And also really weird since the English site hasn't been updated. What gives?

Will ultra beast treated like normal Pokemon ?

Cause if they would be treated as norma Pokemon then you could technically use UB's in Showdown later. I hope they will be accessible.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Also, this shows a lack of media awareness and hype making. Pokemon Company, you're really going to announce a same bit of news you gave to CoroCoro? There's no point in that, because you're going to see that news somewhere first, highly likely the same time everyone else, so there's no feeling about it when we see it announced the second time. This goes especially when its announced in CoroCoro first (yes technically CoroCoro isn't suppose to be out yet but that's part of the lack of media awareness, CoroCoro always leaks early to the point they should expect and plan for it) since we expect the magazine news to be limited but the website to go into much more detail which, from what I can tell of the Japanese site, they didn't really. And we didn't get the Rockruff evos so we got less news then from CoroCoro.

The news you give to CoroCoro should be separate and not/have little overlap with the news you plan on announcing around the same time on the site (this is suppose to be exclusive news you're giving to CoroCoro, right?). Then next month you can clump last month's CoroCoro with the batch of news you plan on releasing on the site since CoroCoro will have a new exclusive to show.

And we won't even go into the issue of what you should be giving exclusive to CoroCoro in an age where everyone has access to the internet in some capacity. Though I will say for something like Ultra Beasts of highly anticipated things like Rockruff's evos maybe keep those for the main site (OR, maybe play with the split concept. Like have CoroCoro show Rockruff's Night Evo and UB-02 Expansion while the site updates with Rockruff's Day Evo and UB-02 Beauty, hinting about the other counterpart's existence). I understand you want to give CoroCoro something, either out of respect and/or obligation, but nowadays the news should be both intriguing but not anything major.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
With screenshots like that, shouldn't we be expecting a video on the UBs?
And also, why no English site updates? This is very weird.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

"And thus, Tapu Koko was never seen again"
More like Tapu Koko is thinking: "Ugh, you know, there are just some days you can tell that, when its over, you're going to need an aspirin the size of a Poke Ball."

And if you're wondering, this is what UB-02 is thinking: "Tch&la igh#r, p%octyl q@fglit ip glr& c%qop, okl fpo@v rtfh$p fx*opx‽". Admittedly it's a loose translation but still gets the point across.

Well, I'd say being disappointed about today's 'news' is an understatement. Now we've got to wait another week dammit. There better be some really good news on the 20th.

EDIT: I put the text on google translate, (which mostly came up with random stuff because it's Pokemon and google translate sucks anyway) and I found that the Ultra Beasts 'attack' the Alola region. It makes sense that they would be fighting Tapu Koko.

Also, has anyone noticed that the portal they seem to come out of is very similar to the one UB1 comes out of?

Last edited:
Inb4 Ultra Beasts are a threat that requires Team Skull and the Aether Foundation to put aside their differences and fight a common threat, resulting in a reunion between family members that have been separated by different goals. That just feels so Pokemon to me, but I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)