Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what? You cannot use Pulverizing Pancake if your Snorlax doesn't know Giga Impact?
That sounds like a terrible opportunity cost for a one-time nukemove...
If you use him as a suicide mon maybe not....you could use pulverizing pancakes with self destruct and 2 filler moves and you should be good.

Well, then it would make sense for exclusive Z-moves to be stronger than their regular counterparts, if you have to adapt your moveset around it. Perhaps regular Z-moves all have a bp of 150 with no drawbacks, while exclusive moves are, like 200 or higher, or they have varying bonus effects.

So with Giga Impact and Pulverizing Pancake, Snorlax come equipped with 2 nuke buttons. It doesn't really matter if its easily revenge killed if you can take 1/3 of the enemy team down in 2 moves.

There's a reason recharge moves are bad in competitive - If they switch to a resist, you're stuck doing nothing while they can smash you with their STAB or set up rocks or toxic you or whatever. Even if you KO the foe, you've just given something a free turn. Pokemon like Chariard X can sweep entire teams with a free turn.

There's a reason recharge moves are bad in competitive - If they switch to a resist, you're stuck doing nothing while they can smash you with their STAB or set up rocks or toxic you or whatever. Even if you KO the foe, you've just given something a free turn. Pokemon like Chariard X can sweep entire teams with a free turn.
Its the same problem Choiced pokemon have to deal with, except for the possible 2 turn of set up if you get hard countered.

And lets not forget we're talking about Snorlax here. Snorlium Z means no lefties, which means no Curse, which means considerbly less Bulk. Its not supposed to last long despite the stats. Jjust long enough to punch in its ticket and go back to sleeping in its ball.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I see it has a play on words. You know bug-ing-um.
I don't think so, why would Dark be given the same treatment then?

Exeggutor whack-a-mole with Diglett. that's all

That means that besides the obvious new adapteed movepool change of Alola forms some Pokemon are gonna get new moves (Not that surprising though, it was implied that A-Marowak has a new move.)

I'm more interested in how many Pokemon are going to have access to them.
Didn't we see Alolan Vulpix and Alolan Sandshrew use Ice-type moves?

So now we have Wood Hammer, Crab Hammer, Hammer Arm, and Dragon Hammer.

You all know what's next: Iron Hammer.
While a funny idea, sadly the moves have little relation to one another. Wood Hammer is the tree/plant Pokemon just attacking with its rugged body (so they could just tackle into the opponent and it'll still count), Hammer Arm is with a fist, and Crab Hammer is with a pincer. Not sure what Dragon Hammer exactly entails, but I doubt it'll involve needing arms.

Unless you mean a move named Iron Hammer, which in that case I'm okay with that.

Actually on the Pokemon website it says you need Giga Impact, so I'm not spreading misinformation
Hmm, this could be that catch I was wondering about. Letting a Pokemon use a super move of any type as long as it could learn a move of that type seemed too good to be true, aside from giving up your item slot I thought there had to be something else. This could be that something else.

"Well maybe they're talking about the Event Munchlax". Can't be, it'll know the moves Hold Back (and Happy Hour) so it has one Normal-type attacking move (and one status move) that if evolved into a Snorlax it could use. Besides why would the moveset of Munchlax matter?

No, it could be you need a certain move of a Type to use a Z-Move. This could be their way of limiting what Pokemon can use what Z-Move. Like if Solar Beam isn't one of the moves which activates Doom Bloom that means a majority of Fire-types just lost access to Bloom Doom.

But while this makes Z-Move start making a bit more sense... at the same time it is a detriment against Z-Moves which already had a problem being looked as being a consideration for taking up the item slot. I wouldn't call this a nail in the coffin for it, but I would say it's another nail making the lid that Z-Moves needs to open harder to push through.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I'm sorry that no info about Ash Greninja came out.
But it isn't really my fault.

People are saying that I'm translating it wrong.

Not really. His original sentence did have 2 possible meanings depending on how you splice the sentence.
It turned out I picked the one that isn't what he meant.
It's NOT because my Chinese is bad.
I'm confident on my Chinese.

I

No, it could be you need a certain move of a Type to use a Z-Move. This could be their way of limiting what Pokemon can use what Z-Move. Like if Solar Beam isn't one of the moves which activates Doom Bloom that means a majority of Fire-types just lost access to Bloom Doom.

But while this makes Z-Move start making a bit more sense... at the same time it is a detriment against Z-Moves which already had a problem being looked as being a consideration for taking up the item slot. I wouldn't call this a nail in the coffin for it, but I would say it's another nail making the lid that Z-Moves needs to open harder to push through.
Actually, I believe only the special Z moves will need something to happen. It was stated in the website that the Pokémon only needs to know a move of said type to be able to use a Z-Move.

Its the same problem Choiced pokemon have to deal with, except for the possible 2 turn of set up if you get hard countered.
It's not really the same problem as being choiced, as choiced Pokemon can switch out at any time. Using a choiced Earthquake when Skarmory switches in will at least let you switch to a special attacker immediately, while using Giga Impact on an incoming Skarmory lets it get in a free hazard before deciding what to do next.

I'm sorry that no info about Ash Greninja came out.
But it isn't really my fault.

People are saying that I'm translating it wrong.

Not really. His original sentence did have 2 possible meanings depending on how you splice the sentence.
It turned out I picked the one that isn't what he meant.
It's NOT because my Chinese is bad.
I'm confident on my Chinese.
No one in their right mind blames you. When dealing with someone who speaks in riddles or someone who speaks with an infantile grasp of grammar alike, there's an element of determining probability of interpretations. Hell, it even happens with grammatically correct strings of words - especially idioms, but there's always context clues on where to parse. I can tell you that that translation effort you made was a bang-up job, even if the ball slipped. Now, you seem to have picked the wrong parse, but that doesn't diminish the impressiveness of your ability to understand and translate the language.

"By pouring Z-Power into a Snorlax that is holding Snorlium Z, Giga Impact transforms—enabling Snorlax’s Z-Move to be used. Experience its overwhelming strength in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon!"
It's not necessarily quite as literal as that. The wording, to me, leaves it open to the possibility of it meaning "Snorlax's normal-type move, in this case Giga Impact, transforms into it's Z-move".
Pre-release Pokémon has had a lot of odd wording like that in the past, so don't be too worried too quickly.

Said this on bulbapedia and will just say this here:

I believe riddler is most likely a GF employee who is given permission to post riddles to build hype. Would explain why he says he isn't allowed to leak more info, is always reliable, and has access to such a great scope of the game and it's reveals.

May be wrong tho lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)