Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Alola Formes are really unexpected. Sandshrew and Sandslash are fine (Bar terrible defensive typing), Vulpix and Ninetales are still disgusting, Exeggutor is a massive "What."

I wonder if we will be able to lower Detective Gumshoos salary. I have nothing to say about the other new mons. They look kind of forgettable.

And I guess this confirms we will have suspiciously similar substitutes of the Gym Leaders.

And Z-Moves... well, I wonder how they would work in doubles.

But no reptile Pokemon revealed. This is bad. Very bad. As in, reeeeeally bad.

Ok Opinion dumb. This thread gonna go as fast as a bullet train. I'll go in more detail later because there is to much for me right now but:

Pokemon adapted to the Alola are pretty cool. Sandshrew and Sandlash in particular look amazing with the back ice spikes. EXEGUTTOR IS RUINED.
We got a dancing bird...ok. Dancer seems situational at best.
So Minior has the "Shields Down" Ability. I don't know why but it reminds me of a space station.
Gumshoos looks even more like Trump.
Solar Blade sounds awesome.
Mudsdale has been ruined :[

The big thing for me is that Trials have replaced Gym Leaders. It annoys me they removed Gym Leaders but the replacement is acceptable I guess.

Z-Moves lol. Pokemon Z lives on.
A big disappointment is that no Megas or Evil Team was shown.

Some things about Z-Moves from the website:

Introducing Z-Moves
A new element has been introduced into the Pokémon battles in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon: Z-Moves. Z-Moves are moves of great power that can only be used once per battle. When the Trainer and Pokémon’s wishes resonate with each other, and both release their full power together—the result is the explosive force of a Z-Move! All Pokémon can use Z-Moves to perform mightily in battle!

Key Items for Z-Moves
The Z-Ring fits on a Trainer’s arm, and Z-Crystals are set into it. If a Pokémon holds the same variety of Z-Crystal, the two will be able to resonate with one another. Crystals that correspond to each Pokémon type have been found in the Alola region.

Intense Battles with Z-Moves
There are two conditions for performing Z-Moves: a Pokémon must learn a move of the same type as a Z-Crystal, and it must be holding the corresponding Z-Crystal.

When you see these moves in action in the game, each overwhelmingly powerful move will be on full display, filling the entire screen!

Experience the Z-Ring for Real on Your Own Arm!
Tomy International will be releasing a Z-Ring item for sale, timed to match up with the launch of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

When a player uses a Z-Move in Pokémon Sun andPokémon Moon, his or her real-life Z-Ring will light up, vibrate, and play sounds to go along with the video and sounds in the game. With this new experience, players will feel the force of these overwhelming Z-Moves with even more realism! Please look forward to more details about the Z-Ring to come from Tomy International.

------

This last part looks...interesting to say the least.

I NEED THAT NINETALES LITERALLY RIGHT NOW

Mudbray is so cute <3

It's nice that we're finally moving past the beat-8-gym-leaders archetype. My favourite game was Colosseum so I'm very happy to have a shake-up in the formula.

Z-moves should prove VERY interesting for competitive battling; always nice to see something new.

Maybe it's because I downloaded One on itunes and have been listening to it a lot lately... but Lurantis' legs just makes me think of The Beatles. I'm calling mine Ringo.

There are two conditions for performing Z-Moves: a Pokémon must learn a move of the same type as a Z-Crystal, and it must be holding the corresponding Z-Crystal.
That's it, I can't see new Megas appearing this gen. Not the concept being scrapped, but I don't think we are getting more, given how the two concepts clash.

35 foot tall half a ton dragon-type exeggutor
35 FOOT TALL HALF A TON DRAGON-TYPE EXEGGUTOR

You couldn't make this shit up if you tried. They basically took the old Mega Vanilluxe fake leak from X & Y and turned it into a real Pokemon. I love it, it's absolutely hilarious.

Also, on the riding Pokemon section:

"One aspect of the culture in the Alola region is something known as Poké Ride, in which certain Pokémon help people get to places they wouldn’t be able to reach by using human strength alone. These Pokémon don’t join your team, but you can call on them anytime to receive their help. This practice is typical of the way of life in Alola, where humans and Pokémon are so closely bound together."

Some things about Z-Moves from the website:

Introducing Z-Moves
A new element has been introduced into the Pokémon battles in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon: Z-Moves. Z-Moves are moves of great power that can only be used once per battle. When the Trainer and Pokémon’s wishes resonate with each other, and both release their full power together—the result is the explosive force of a Z-Move! All Pokémon can use Z-Moves to perform mightily in battle!

Key Items for Z-Moves
The Z-Ring fits on a Trainer’s arm, and Z-Crystals are set into it. If a Pokémon holds the same variety of Z-Crystal, the two will be able to resonate with one another. Crystals that correspond to each Pokémon type have been found in the Alola region.

When you see these moves in action in the game, each overwhelmingly powerful move will be on full display, filling the entire screen!

Experience the Z-Ring for Real on Your Own Arm!
Tomy International will be releasing a Z-Ring item for sale, timed to match up with the launch of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

When a player uses a Z-Move in Pokémon Sun andPokémon Moon, his or her real-life Z-Ring will light up, vibrate, and play sounds to go along with the video and sounds in the game. With this new experience, players will feel the force of these overwhelming Z-Moves with even more realism! Please look forward to more details about the Z-Ring to come from Tomy International.

------

This last part looks...interesting to say the least.
Does this mean that a Pokemon cannot have a Mega Stone (if it exists) and a Z-Crystal at the same time?

That's it, I can't see new Megas appearing this gen. Not the concept being scrapped, but I don't think we are getting more, given how the two concepts clash.
Not really. We've had such clashes before - Griseous Orb being needed for Giratina, for instance.
Besides, this just makes things even more insane. Is that Garchomp a Mega, a Z-move user or just the Base form? The prediction game is gonna be intense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)