Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In the Alola region, a group of ruffians known as Team Skull causes a lot of trouble. They steal other people’s Pokémon, mess up the trial sites, and delight in all kinds of evil deeds."

This sounds way more Team Rocket than everything else. I like it.

Edit: And grunts have to buy their own uniform. That's funny.

It's like a mix between Aftermath and Mirror Coat/Counter. Considering that Pyukumuk likely has good HP (85-102 base HP range), and sweepers are generally lower in HP, this is gonna be interesting. It still looks like a small niche at most, but I'm really curious about it.

Sounds like a 2-5 turns fire multi-attack. This, plus bonemerang/EQ and likely shadow sneak... Nice premises.
What you're missing here is the fact that it gets pain split. As such, it can easily turn into a free Destiny Bond if used correctly.

Last edited:
Somehow I can see the plot right now with the legendary.

Trial Captain: Don't go there! Solgaleo/Lunala is sleeping in there! You DO not want to see what happens when they get upset!
Skull Leader: Pfft, watch me! *goes in there*
*one cutscene later*
Skull Leader: I denounce all my ways! I was a jerk and understand why I'm not a Trial Captain! SAVE ME FROM THIS POKEMON!

Morelull

Is that some sort of signature sleep-inducing move, or are the move animations adjusted more to the user's specific design?

Grass/Fairy is an interesting type combination that I personally think we should have seen with the Florges line in XY. I'm kinda hoping it evolves into a quadruped, since most mushroom themed Pokemon are bipedal.

Pyukumuku

Interesting design concept. I think it's already been pointed out, but the design on the mouth looks similar to the symbol for Fire Blast, which apparently represents power. I'd also like to see variety in the helmets worn in Alola that look like other Pokemon. I might just have to change my avatar to this.

The English trailer really made me come around to Team Skull, mainly that they seem more rival villains or redeemable, a somewhat fresh take on the concept (Magma and Aqua sort of count in the remake... kinda).

That and their music theme is my TWEWY dream sequel that I can close my eyes and pretend I'm fighting them to this:

I have no idea about BH but I can totally see Innards Out causing a huge mess on it.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
Naughty Nature
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Defog
- Metal Burst
Other than that... I'm curious on that move Marowak used in the trailer.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1. We don't even know if Electric Terrain will be good yet. A single Pokémon - which shares it's main typing with Raichu - has the setter ability, a single Pokémon revealed so far (this Raichu) has an ability that benefits from it, and we don't even know if there'll be an item that extends it. For all we know it could be as shitty as hail.

2. It's useless in-game. Don't tell me you're going to use Electric Terrain in-game, because you're not. You're just not. It's annoying when an ability is so specific to one playstyle that isn't used in-game.

3. The last time Terrakion was relevant was pre-bank XY

4. I really don't give a fuck about competitive

edit: and before I forget the last thing Raichu needs is another speed buff. It's fast as hell enough, it doesn't exactly need an ability to help it.

Well that's stupid.
Get out lmfao you have no idea what you're talking about.

I know that dex descriptions aren't exactly accurate, but when I read that Wishiwashi school form is considered threatening even by Gyarados, it does really sounds like something really powerful. I mean, Wishiwashi single looks as powerful as a Tynamo, more or less, both adding +100 or doubling its stats won't make it threatening at all, considering the way its ability works... So, or the description of either the weakness of the single form and the menace of the school form are exaggerated, or this thing is gonna get a huge boost.

Pyukumuku's Innards Out ability sounds incredibly OP. So what happens is the opponent takes damage equal to the health Pyukumuku had before KOing it. So if my opponent's Talonflame KOed my Pyukumuku when it had 300 HP, then Talonflame takes 300 damage. DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW BIG A DEAL THIS IS!?

You have to whittle down a LOT of its health before KOing it, since the damage it deals is based on its remaining health. So if Pyukumuku comes in on hazards a few times then it's no big deal, but that won't stop it from acting as the ultimate check to every offensive Pokemon in the game. You can simply switch your Pokemon out, but that gives Pyukumuku a free Toxic or whatever moves it'll get, making it even more threatening. You can even switch Pyukumuku directly in and go all kamikaze on whatever attcks it. Setup sweepers, Choice item users, Outrage users, etc... are going to have hell against this thing, making it an absolute necessity to stall teams.

The only way this won't be incredibly OP is if it has Shuckle's stats where it has insane defenses and low HP, but it would still be great for softening something up to make revenge killing a lot easier. If this thing has any real HP, then it's going to be one of the most influential forces in the entire game, regardless of what tier it winds up in. I'm not asking for a ban or anything ridiculous like that; the game isn't even out yet. I'm just saying once Pyukumuku starts getting usage, it's gonna hit the metagame harder than the Fairy typing ever did. Prepare yourselves, guys.
Well from the Japanese video we see that it has 79 hp at level 23. Assuming that it has 31 IV and no EV then that gives you a base HP of 85. If it has 0 IV then its base 100 HP. This means at level 100 with full investment you are getting 374-404 hp which is enough to KO most frail sweepers. So yeah to not derail the thread I will leave it at that for you to come to your own conclusions...

I know that dex descriptions aren't exactly accurate, but when I read that Wishiwashi school form is considered threatening even by Gyarados, it does really sounds like something really powerful. I mean, Wishiwashi single looks as powerful as a Tynamo, more or less, both adding +100 or doubling its stats won't make it threatening at all, considering the way its ability works... So, or the description of either the weakness of the single form and the menace of the school form are exaggerated, or this thing is gonna get a huge boost.
Gyarados is also afraid of Tynamo. Atleast it should be.

Pyukumuku's Innards Out ability sounds incredibly OP. So what happens is the opponent takes damage equal to the health Pyukumuku had before KOing it. So if my opponent's Talonflame KOed my Pyukumuku when it had 300 HP, then Talonflame takes 300 damage. DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW BIG A DEAL THIS IS!?

You have to whittle down a LOT of its health before KOing it, since the damage it deals is based on its remaining health. So if Pyukumuku comes in on hazards a few times then it's no big deal, but that won't stop it from acting as the ultimate check to every offensive Pokemon in the game. You can simply switch your Pokemon out, but that gives Pyukumuku a free Toxic or whatever moves it'll get, making it even more threatening. You can even switch Pyukumuku directly in and go all kamikaze on whatever attcks it. Setup sweepers, Choice item users, Outrage users, etc... are going to have hell against this thing, making it an absolute necessity to stall teams.

The only way this won't be incredibly OP is if it has Shuckle's stats where it has insane defenses and low HP, but it would still be great for softening something up to make revenge killing a lot easier. If this thing has any real HP, then it's going to be one of the most influential forces in the entire game, regardless of what tier it winds up in. I'm not asking for a ban or anything ridiculous like that; the game isn't even out yet. I'm just saying once Pyukumuku starts getting usage, it's gonna hit the metagame harder than the Fairy typing ever did. Prepare yourselves, guys.
If this turns out to be true... Could we see false swipe becoming a competitively viable slot on a sweeper? O_o

Oh. I just realized something. We're here talking about Pyukumuk's competitive abilities, but how about how much of a nightmare it's going to be in-game. No matter what, even if I have a team of all 6, I tend to just juggernaut my way though. If a trainer has one of these I better not OHKO it so easily. Maybe I'll be forced to send out my False Swiper and let it hit me just so I don't take a ton of damage from it.

Now imagine how much of a pain it would be to see Pyukumuk in a Horde Battle.

If Pyukumuku has any sort of decent HP stat it's ability is gonna be really good. Kinda hoping Wishiwashi changes back based on a super effective move hitting and not because it's hp drops to a certain percent. Wishiwashi is still my favourite mon out of this bunch though, school form looks really cool. Wonder when they're gonna include the sandcastle in a trailer.

Also,would be cool if the move mentioned in Marowak's description is a fire type pursuit and not fire type swift.

Would love to see in-game references to the fact that Hawaii had a king called Kamehameha.

That aside, I'm digging most of the Alolan forms -- Ghost/Fire is the change to Marowak that we always needed but never knew we did, it adds so much flavour to the inexplicably Ground-typed, otherwise bland design for a cool concept. Dark-type Meowth is less jaw-dropping but equally welcome, sneaky old cat fits the bill comfortably. Part-Psychic Raichu raises a few eyebrows but when you have a surfboard tail held up by mind magic it's all good. Alolan Exeggutor can still suck my dictionary though, bad typing as you can tell is a major peeve of mine -- no shits given about Dragon Palms, the design does nothing to show any hint of dragonhood beyond an obscenely elongated neck

But then the Alolan originals don't appeal to me (I think I'm in the minority in saying that)? What we've seen so far is a rather sad-looking horse, pretty cool school of fish with groan-inducing name, capsule-shaped bear with butterfly hairband AND groan-inducing name, bunch of underwhelming little fairies and plants (and fairies that refuse to be plants), sandcastles with spades in their heads, wimp ass bug, a Pikachu wannabe, Trumpgoose, old man dragon, and fugly fish. On a positive note we have puppies, koalas, a railgun beetle and funky electric god.

Compare Gen VI, where we got a T-Rex, aurora dinosaur, motorgoat, possessed sword, slew of fan favorites getting upped in awesome factor with Megas, and the best of the best -- Pancham, lord and savior.

Still waiting for a design that can sweep me off my feet. Here's to Rockruff getting a badass evo.

EDIT: Also enjoy the return to more classic baddies as opposed to blatantly hypocritical PETA equivalents and fucking fashion police.

He almost OhKO a lvl31 Magnezone at lvl 27 with HydroPump (I think it was HP). If there is 0IV, 0EV and neutral nature it's like a 200 base stat SpeAtk...that's fucking crazy if you ask me.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh. I just realized something. We're here talking about Pyukumuk's competitive abilities, but how about how much of a nightmare it's going to be in-game. No matter what, even if I have a team of all 6, I tend to just juggernaut my way though. If a trainer has one of these I better not OHKO it so easily. Maybe I'll be forced to send out my False Swiper and let it hit me just so I don't take a ton of damage from it.

Now imagine how much of a pain it would be to see Pyukumuk in a Horde Battle.
Imagine having a full team of Pyukumuku for the story. All you would need are a bunch of Revives and you can sweep whole teams by doing nothing. You could theoretically beat any trainer without using any attacks, including the champion (or whatever the equivalent to that wil be in this game).

Let that sink in.

Just a reminder that sea cucumbers ate known not only for their ability to puke up organs, but their amazing regeneration abilities as well. You can guarantee this beast is getting recover like his friend Gastrodon

1. We don't even know if Electric Terrain will be good yet. A single Pokémon - which shares it's main typing with Raichu - has the setter ability, a single Pokémon revealed so far (this Raichu) has an ability that benefits from it, and we don't even know if there'll be an item that extends it. For all we know it could be as shitty as hail.

2. It's useless in-game. Don't tell me you're going to use Electric Terrain in-game, because you're not. You're just not. It's annoying when an ability is so specific to one playstyle that isn't used in-game.

3. The last time Terrakion was relevant was pre-bank XY

4. I really don't give a fuck about competitive

edit: and before I forget the last thing Raichu needs is another speed buff. It's fast as hell enough, it doesn't exactly need an ability to help it.

In my honest opinion, you really should not be talking about subjects that you don't have much knowledge of/don't care about. plus, terrakion's actually rather viable now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)