Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all likelihood the Pokemon League is to SM what the Battle Frontier was to ORAS: a project that we'll never get to see finished in that set of games. Of course I could be wrong here, but that's really the safest assumption so I wouldn't hold my breath about it if I were you--Pokemon Z was already bad enough.

CoroCoro revealed Chesnaught, Delphox, Greninja, and Megas Tyranitar, Aggron, and Gengar, and officially detailed Mega Kangaskhan in October of 2013.

That CoroCoro was leaked close to the games, because I remember those four coming out almost back to back with the other unrevealed megas, like Heracross, Pinsir, and Gardevoir.

In all likelihood the Pokemon League is to SM what the Battle Frontier was to ORAS: a project that we'll never get to see finished in that set of games. Of course I could be wrong here, but that's really the safest assumption so I wouldn't hold my breath about it if I were you--Pokemon Z was already bad enough.
See the problem is... why reveal it in a trailer if it isn't included? That's false advertisement and is somewhat illegal, isn't it?

See the problem is... why reveal it in a trailer if it isn't included? That's false advertisement and is somewhat illegal, isn't it?
Not really. They said it was underconstruction, and that's it. Not at any point did they imply "Hey, this will be playable at some point in this game!". For now I just think of it as something that is just sort of... there. And why is it in the trailer? Well, they could be just trying to justify why Alola doesn't have its own League, but that they do plan on building one god knows when.

Not really. They said it was underconstruction, and that's it. Not at any point did they imply "Hey, this will be playable at some point in this game!". For now I just think of it as something that is just sort of... there. And why is it in the trailer? Well, they could be just trying to justify why Alola doesn't have its own League, but that they do plan on building one god knows when.
Eh. Trailer did say 'witness the birth of the Alolan Pokemon League' hinting at we'll see its completion, I guess? They can't really promote something that isn't present in the game, they'd have to directly state it is not playable content. And it said Alolan Champions can go to the Battle Tree. You're not really a champion after completing the Island Challenges.

Bleh, who knows with Game Freak. They're too vague.

Eh. Trailer did say 'witness the birth of the Alolan Pokemon League' hinting at we'll see its completion, I guess? They can't really promote something that isn't present in the game, they'd have to directly state it is not playable content. And it said Alolan Champions can go to the Battle Tree. You're not really a champion after completing the Island Challenges.

Bleh, who knows with Game Freak. They're too vague.
"The birth" as in when construction actually starts, at least that's how I interpreted it. And again, they didn't promote the LEAGUE, they promoted the constrution site. That's no different from showing a new city for example; it's just a place.

Moreover, technically, you are an Alolan Champion after clearing every Island, since that's kinda of what the main site implies: "Somewhere in the Alola region, you’ll find the Battle Tree: a place where those Trainers who have completed their island challenge—or who are strong enough to have done so—battle one another." So if only Alolan Champions can take on the Battle Tree, that's pretty much what you are.

But honestly, it could go either way.

"The birth" as in when construction actually starts, at least that's how I interpreted it. And again, they didn't promote the LEAGUE, they promoted the constrution site. That's no different from showing a new city for example; it's just a place.

Moreover, technically, you are an Alolan Champion after clearing every Island, since that's kinda of what the main site implies: "Somewhere in the Alola region, you’ll find the Battle Tree: a place where those Trainers who have completed their island challenge—or who are strong enough to have done so—battle one another." So if only Alolan Champions can take on the Battle Tree, that's pretty much what you are.

But honestly, it could go either way.
Honestly I just feel it a bit redundant to promote something that isn't playable. It would have been better left for us to just find on our own if it wasn't playable.

I mean, if the figurative "birth" follows what a literal birth is, it should be when the construction is complete.

We're probably going to get it a Pokemon League. I don't recall them ever mentioning the Battle Frontier in any of their advertisements. Whether it was ORAS or not was something fans had to find out for themselves whereas here, they are mentioning a Pokemon League in their promotion.

We're probably going to get it a Pokemon League. I don't recall them ever mentioning the Battle Frontier in any of their advertisements. Whether it was ORAS or not was something fans had to find out for themselves whereas here, they are mentioning a Pokemon League in their promotion.
Yeah. And I recall seeing battle intro animations in one of the videos KazoWAR uploaded having 5 unique intros that could definitely pass as Champion and Elite Four. I just don't see them promoting something you can't access. I want to believe we'll get a Pokemon League for post-game content/story.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
My two cents on this: you are all taking the term "birth" too seriously.

How I took it? With our help they build the Pokemon League. Simple. Of course at that point we'll be a Champion so what we would get from it would be limited in term of story, a third Alolan version that's a sequel would be where they could fully explore the result of the completion of the Alolan Pokemon League as they'll have that protagonist going through it.

A nice little summary of stuff in the game plus Oricorio using a z move we haven't seen.

Mudsdale and Lapras confirmed for pokerides in the other two mini videos for Male and Female narrator. Male showed overworld stuff, Female focused more on customization and refresh with more Brione imagery.

Male Video.

Female Video.

The 2d into 3d video was corny cute but shows that they really are going sell out with their marketing.

Last edited:
That level 49 Hakamo-o does not say much, but it kind of hints its line could be this generation's pseudo-legendary.

And school form Wishiwashi does look more terrifying to face the more I see it. Especially with it being so huge.

That level 49 Hakamo-o does not say much, but it kind of hints its line could be this generation's pseudo-legendary.

And school form Wishiwashi does look more terrifying to face the more I see it. Especially with it being so huge.
Well Volcarona, Mienshao and Bisharp really broke the mold of level evolution.

Im not expecting another hydreigon with ridiculously high evolution method but non pseudos can have their final form really late, look at lv 40 Vikabolt and how it dethroned Scolipede.

Well Volcarona, Mienshao and Bisharp really broke the mold of level evolution.

Im not expecting another hydreigon with ridiculously high evolution method but non pseudos can have their final form really late, look at lv 40 Vikabolt and how it dethroned Scolipede.
Yeah, right, I forgot Gen V's ridiculously high evolution levels.

But on a Dragon-type Pokemon? That is a strong hint.

The katakana for Oricorio's Z Move translates to "Maximum Psybreaker", I think. Safe to say that's the generic Psychic Z Move?
Also, the japanese names are even more corny than the english ones.

The katakana for Oricorio's Z Move translates to "Maximum Psybreaker", I think. Safe to say that's the generic Psychic Z Move?
I'm pretty sure pulverizing pancake is something boring like "go all out " in Japanese

Hyper sprint attack its better than the neck thingy we got for the normal z move.

I think the new Z-Move is the Psychic-Type one. Althought the only evidence I have is that they have shown each Z-Move being used by a Pokémon of the same type with the only exception being Breakneck Blitz.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

I came here to post the video, got ninja'd.

Did anyone else notice Popplio using what appears to be Aqua Jet? Not sure if we already knew it got that, but STAB priority is always fun. I doubt the final evo will be physically based, but this is still cool.

Well, that's disappointing, especially since the animation is so glorious. It still holds true for a few others, though, like Super Aqua Tornado and Bloomshine Extra.
I recall it being something like "Snorlax's Gets Real Attack" it was months ago though, so my memory fails me. I definitely remember "Invitation to Eternal Night" for the ghost Z move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)