[Gen6] CAP Metagame Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY

Sounds good cbrevan! Be sure to credit heartofgold at the top.

EDIT: No worries Koga! Just be sure one of the QC guys approves in this thread first, that way it's easier on HeaL since he keeps the OP updated for us.

Last edited:
Please wait for approval before posting in the future... Also, read the OP for rules on how to format your analysis.
Sorry, I started it because sparktrain gave me permission that I can do it in the CAP chatroom.

I've read up on all the formatting rules, so I reckon I'm ready to go!

By all means cbrevan, go for it with Revenankh. Analysis-writing just doesn't work with my schedule at this point. On that note, if somebody wants to take point on Malaconda as well, they can snatch it up - if I remember correctly the skeleton was looking pretty good too.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks to PepsiPlunge doing a fantastic work getting Revenankh to 2/3 QC (like, literally all I had to do was throw in the relevant changes for ORAS and write it up), Revenankh is now awaiting for its GP checks. With that one written up and waiting, I'd like to reserve Malaconda so we can get these finished. I should be able to write it up fairly quickly, as the existing material is very well written.

Thanks to PepsiPlunge doing a fantastic work getting Revenankh to 2/3 QC (like, literally all I had to do was throw in the relevant changes for ORAS and write it up), Revenankh is now awaiting for its GP checks. With that one written up and waiting, I'd like to reserve Malaconda so we can get these finished. I should be able to write it up fairly quickly, as the existing material is very well written.
Wow, that was really quick!

Hello fellow analysis writers! I'm going to do a mass tag here to check in on progress, followed by a general update.

If you are tagged here, you have one or more analyses that are either awaiting a completed skeleton, in need of QC checks, or awaiting a write-up. Amitghosh Animus Majulous BlackSchwan cbrevan Exclaimer HeaLnDeaL KogaEliteFour MQJinx QueenOfLuvdiscs Snobalt sparktrain The Pizza Man

For those of you with analyses still in the WIP stage, I strongly encourage you to finish the skeleton so that the QC team may start providing feedback. If your skeleton is complete and is in need of QC checks, please contact a member of the QC team so that we may take a look at it -- the QC team is Animus Majulous, HeaLnDeaL, jas61292, QueenOfLuvdiscs, and myself. Preferably, leave a VM on our Smogon profile, or shoot us a PM if you see us in the PS CAP Project room, and we'll do our very best to respond in a timely matter. I realize that some of you have already contacted us but haven't received responses yet, I promise we aren't ignoring you; it's a busy time of year for several of us, not to mention CAP 20 is in full swing. Personally, I'm quite busy with exams this week, but next week I will have much more time to dedicate to the subforum and checking analyses.
tl;dr If you're ready for checks, please contact us! We're a friendly bunch and are ready to help!

If you are tagged here, you have one or more analyses awaiting GP checks, or have GP checks that still need to be implemented. cbrevan Elite Lord Sigma KhosroTheGreat Snobalt

Once you've received your third and final QC check, be sure to post in this thread to let the Grammar Prose team know you're ready for GP checks. If you've already posted there but haven't received any responses, it's up to you to VM/PM one of the GP members directly; you'll get checked much sooner if you ask one of them personally. A list of the current GP team is provided in the link above -- they're all incredibly helpful and friendly, so don't hesitate to contact them!

Again, if you find that your analysis was dropped but you still had intentions of continuing it, please post here to let us know, and you may resume work on it (if another writer hasn't already done so). Alternatively, if you don't think you'll be able to finish one of your analyses, please post here to let us know. That way, we can reassign the analysis more quickly and have fewer analyses sitting in limbo. If you'd like to reserve a Pokemon or take over an analysis, check the OP to see if an analysis is currently reserved. Feel free to contact HeaLnDeaL if you have any further questions about analysis reservation, he maintains the OP and is the head honcho in this regard.

----

On an exciting note, we now have several of our CAP analyses onsite! Click here, select a CAPmon with a finished analysis, then click the Strategy tab to view their analysis (Big thanks to Snobalt for getting the ball rolling here). As far as our analyses for OU mons in the CAP metagame go, I've been talking with a few others about what the best method of uploading and organizing these analyses will be -- at this point, it's likely they will end up in a separate branch of the CAP site to avoid cluttering up the CAPmon section. I'll let you guys know if there are any major updates.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to to ask. Happy writing!

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi.

I'm dropping Malaconda and Tomohawk due to time constraints, I'll try to get Revenankh and Talonflame through GP.

Bye.

Hi everyone! It's me, Umbreon, looking to make a legitimate contribution to CAP!

While I would love to ask if I could write a Vivillon analysis, I see we have much higher priorities. Therefore, I would like to know if it would be at all possible for me to reserve the analyses for Tomohawk and Keldeo. I know that I may not be the most qualified person to write about the god of CAP, but I feel like it has to be done because of its extreme importance. Secondly, Keldeo is a Pokemon that I have been using more frequently (mostly because of its ability to take out Chansey, Gliscor, and Colossoil), so that also interests me.

Well, I look forward to hearing back on whether I should begin writing these!

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I have you down for Tomohawk and Keldeo. Feel free to use the existing skeletons as a starting point, as long as you credit the original authors :)

Ok, great! I will start as soon as possible (likely tomorrow or Tuesday night since I am rather busy at the moment)! I will do my best to do Lord Tomohawk (and Keldeo) justice!

EDIT: I just realized I used Keldeo and justice in the same sentence, but didn't make it into a Pokemon joke. That is quite disappointing.

ATTENTION: The formatting for analyses was altered recently. Content-wise, it's the same as before, only the formatting has changed. For those with analyses currently in QC/GP, please update them to the current format, otherwise your analysis cannot be cached through the CMS.

Here's a copy-paste of the new template.
[OVERVIEW]

Generalize what the Pokemon does in the metagame and as a whole and why you should or shouldn't consider using it on your teams.

[SET]
name: SET NAME
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item:
ability:
nature:
evs:

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Describe what the moves on the set do.

Set Details
========

Describe the other aspects of the set such as what the EVs do and nature/item.

Usage Tips
========

Describe how to use the Pokemon in question.

Team Options
========

Describe some teammates that would be a good idea to pair with this Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.
On that note, our analyses for non-CAPmons are now able to be uploaded and are viewable on the Smogon Dex! Right now, this consists of only Chansey, but we're very close to adding several more. Keep up the good work everyone!

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
I have time to do analyses now, so can I do Plasmanta? It might also be worth throwing Altaria and Diancie onto the needed analysis list.

I would like to reserve Ferrothorn for an analysis. I've participated in the meta for months on Pokemon Showdown and I feel I should do the same on the forums.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
UPDATE:

We're finally making some progress, and we have almost half of our CAPmon analyses done, so good job everyone! This means that in the coming weeks we'll most likely be exploring more and more OU mons that are used in the CAP metagame. I've went and created two different Priority Groups from the old non-Capmons list. Group A consists of the most common and threatening of the mons, whereas Group B still contains serious threats but they may not be at quite the same level. In the future, these two groups might correlate more strongly with the viability rankings, but until then please have some patience as the members of Group A and Group B will likely change over time. If you'd like to discuss which non CAPmons deserve to have the highest priority, feel free to send me a PM or chat with me on PS.

The purpose of having Group A (Highest Priority) and Group B (a bit lower priority) is to help users see which Pokemon are the most deserving of an analysis, and to help make sure that these most deserving mons are completed at a quicker pace.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Hello everyone, cbrevan is now on the QC team! Pay attention to his valuable advice, and we hope that his help will get things moving along :)

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
Hello everyone, this is your monthly(?) QC blast and mass taggings.

If you are tagged here, you have one or more analyses reserved, but no skeleton posted yet. Please get these up as soon as possible (within the next 48 hours) so we can see your progress.
EpicUmbreon29

If you are tagged here, you have one or more analyses in a WIP stage. Please get working on at least completing a skeleton so we can give start giving you feedback as soon as possible. EpicUmbreon29 Exclaimer

If you are tagged here, you have one or more analyses in a QC stage. If you feel like you're ready for a QC check, or you want feedback, shoot a QC Team Member a PM/VM, or catch us while we're in the CAP Project room on PS! Amitghosh Animus Majulous BigWigs BlackSchwan cbrevan Exclaimer HeaLnDeaL KogaEliteFour MQJinx sparktrain Snobalt The Pizza Man

Thanks to the excellent work of the GP team and our writers, we have no analyses in GP at this time. If you do find yourself in the GP stage after the third and final QC check) post in this thread so the GP team knows you're ready for checks. If you've posted there and fail to receive any checks, it is your responsibility to contact a GP member through VM or PM. If you're not sure about who to contact or how the exact GP process works, feel free to contact ta member of the QC Team or the GP Team, or Snobalt. Snobalt is both an active member of the CAP community and is part of the GP team, so feel free to contact him.

If your analysis was dropped and you intend on continuing it, please post in this thread to let us know. We'll be more than happy to accommodate you as long as no one else has taken it up. If you have an existing analysis and you would like to drop it, please post in this thread to let is know. If you wish to write or take over an analysis, please check the OP to see if it's been reserved.

Please direct all complaints towards user: sparktrain

cbrevan is a (BAN ME PLEASE)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)