General News Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

full ignorant circle, buy a genocide to keep food prices low and then send the military to intimidate people seeking asylum via a process that has been gutted.
Yea, you're absolutely right. The parents of that kid are ignorant. I can't believe we agree people are ignorant sometimes lmao

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Yea, you're absolutely right. The parents of that kid are ignorant. I can't believe we agree people are ignorant sometimes lmao
i dont think we agree, i think you may be precisely the sort of ignorant person my post describes if you think that it's her parents fault that she died and not the us government's responsibility for funding a genocide and then getting rid of the asylum process. Many thousands of people continue to think it is better to flee from the right wing government's death squads and gangs exported from the US, but I guess you know better than them right?

i dont think we agree, i think you may be precisely the sort of ignorant person my post describes if you think that it's her parents fault that she died and not the us government's responsibility for funding a genocide and then getting rid of the asylum process. Many thousands of people continue to think it is better to flee from the right wing government's death squads and gangs exported from the US, but I guess you know better than them right?
It's the governments fault that the child was starved and parched for 7 days+ in the desert before the little girl even arrived? That to me sounds like you've been misinformed, that, or you don't know bodily functions very well. Don't get me wrong, I think you and I can both agree that the dad probably did not have bad intentions, but I'm sorry, putting a child through that is the definition of ignorance.

Asek

Banned deucer.
It's the governments fault that the child was starved and parched for 7 days+ in the desert before the little girl even arrived? That to me sounds like you've been misinformed, that, or you don't know bodily functions very well. Don't get me wrong you and I can both agree that the dad probably did not have bad intentions, but I'm sorry, putting a child through that is the definition of ignorance.
well the government giving her the freedom to starve and die in the desrt seems very libertarian and as such, i support it

Myzozoa

i think the point of my post was that her parents or some family members were probably killed protesting the us gov funded right wing gov's genocide and that now with the end of the asylum process and hardening of the border in the us, she died in border patrol custody. thats the circle. but i agree that it is very dangerous to come to to the us from the south, and so I'm quickly reminded of the dangers she was fleeing: fascism and genocide.

Last edited:

Myzozoa

so yeah if her guardians are bad maybe it's cause the us gov funded their killing by a rightwing gov's genocide

Myzozoa

well the government giving her the freedom to starve and die in the desrt seems very libertarian and as such, i support it
ur skipping steps, dece1t hasnt gotten there yet, but will soon

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wow haha what a great discussion going on here. Remember that actual genocide is a real thing that happens and calling border security genocide is misleading and is also a really asshole thing to do. You can find the actual definition on http://www.un.org/en/genocideprevention/genocide.html but I'm sure that Myo will just say that's just fascist racist something something propaganda
He's talking about the Guatamalen genocide numbnuts

https://www.newsweek.com/france-pro...Oc2LYIIws_C1KVMO1nfn37Q1tQoyNHEKbkGsndQMdrbVo

idk what the term for this is, but interesting tactic from the police unions here, rly makes u think
What I think I see is police people being strained from civil disobedience and said protests are pushing people past a breaking point. I feel like there's something you're seeing that I'm not...

Definitely, the police is how you keep order... having them turn on their own state is bad news for the state.

Wow haha what a great discussion going on here. Remember that actual genocide is a real thing that happens and calling border security genocide is misleading and is also a really asshole thing to do. You can find the actual definition on http://www.un.org/en/genocideprevention/genocide.html but I'm sure that Myo will just say that's just fascist racist something something propaganda

In addition to what VonFielder pointed out, your own damn link proves you wrong.

Your own damn link said:
In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:
  1. Killing members of the group;
  2. Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
  3. Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
  4. Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
  5. Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Numbnuts.

In addition to what VonFielder pointed out, your own damn link proves you wrong.
Numbnuts.

You have zero understanding of what #5 means, you unappetizing plum fool.

It is in reference to practices in which the children are taken away from their parents forcefully by a government to erase them of their identity and culture. It's just like #4 on the list, but instead of sterilizing a population, you use force to remove a generation of children so that the culture's values and ideas will not be passed on through time. An example of this is when the United States mandated Native American children to attend state funded boarding schools whose express purpose was to prevent the children from learning culture's values and traditions to that they could instead learn Christian/European ones.

No ones customs or identity is being wiped away by the United States Boarder Patrol.

Ban the Idiots.

Myzozoa

yeah so when ppl die coming don't think anyone's culture is being erased! these ppl come from shithole countries and have no culture anyway so if our police force them to go back to rightwing gov death squads and gangs exported from our prisons, they have no right to complain. I have a million equivocations ('sterilization=/= death' so who cares except me when ppl try to call it genocide, and also it's ok to strip ppl of their kids as long as it's done during 'law enforcement' and not with the explicit intent of erasing culture, after all: "I am not a nazi"). it's funny how I can have a practically and semantically overcomplicated understanding of genocide while also having little concern for concepts like rule of law and treatment of refugees/asylum seekers.

Myzozoa

in case anyone is looking for background on the border patrol this week:

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/12...cNiXswnPGDg1c7wCDSqBVyf9Os_yALzr2dlKHvheX_n1c

the first paragraph is nonsense, but if youre looking for a short history of the US border patrol fsr, possibly having to do w a gov shutdown that delays your tax returns, this would be a decent gloss:

"
The 1924 Immigration Act tapped into a xenophobia with deep roots in the U.S. history. The law effectively eliminated immigration from Asia and sharply reduced arrivals from southern and eastern Europe. Most countries were now subject to a set quota system, with the highest numbers assigned to western Europe. As a result, new arrivals to the United States were mostly white Protestants. Nativists were largely happy with this new arrangement, but not with the fact that Mexico, due to the influence of U.S. business interests that wanted to maintain access to low-wage workers, remained exempt from the quota system. “Texas needs these Mexican immigrants,” said the state’s Chamber of Commerce.
Having lost the national debate when it came to restricting Mexicans, white supremacists — fearing that the country’s open-border policy with Mexico was hastening the “mongrelization” of the United States — took control of the U.S. Border Patrol, also established in 1924, and turned it into a frontline instrument of race vigilantism. As the historian Kelly Lytle Hernández has shown, the patrol’s first recruits were white men one or two generations removed from farm life. Some had a military or county sheriff background, while others transferred from border-town police departments or the Texas Rangers — all agencies with their own long tradition of unaccountable brutality. Their politics stood in opposition to the big borderland farmers and ranchers."

"
Starting in the 1970s, investigative journalists began to report on Border Patrol abuse. Such exposés were damning, but largely ignored. John Crewdson, for instance, won a Pulitzer in 1980 for a series of articles published in the New York Times, including one titled “Border Sweeps of Illegal Aliens Leave Scores of Children in Jails,” yet his 1983 book based on the series, “The Tarnished Door,” is out of print. Crewdson’s reporting on the Border Patrol and the immigration system deserves a revival, for it provides an important back-history to the horrors we are witnessing today.

Patrollers, he reported, regularly engaged in beatings, murder, torture, and rape, including the rape of girls as young as 12. Some patrollers ran their own in-house “outlaw” vigilante groups. Others maintained ties with groups like the Klan. Border Patrol agents also used the children of migrants, either as bait or as a pressure tactic to force confessions. When coming upon a family, agents usually tried to apprehend the youngest member first, with the idea that relatives would give themselves up so as not to be separated. “It may sound cruel,” one patroller said, but it often worked."

Reactions: gum

I am so absolutely frustrated by the story of this MAGA Hat Kid that I need a sounding board. For those who haven't heard, there was video that came out late last week of what seemed to be a Native American man beating a drum being harassed by a group of teenagers wearing MAGA Hats. Keyboard warriors sounded off en masse about how this kid in the front should be punched, doxed, have college offers rejected, and all together have his life ruined. And these things happened to not only this kid, but to another kid who the internet misidentified. Classes were canceled at his high school today because of the calls for violence.

Turns out, when people got their hands on the longer video and watched it, it turns out that the kids with the MAGA Hats were the ones who where being attacked. The Native American Veteran was the one that walked up to the students and began beating his drum in their face. The Native American Veteran also went on mainstream media and said the students were chanting "Build the Wall" at him, yet nowhere on tape where they doing that. It also came out that the Native American Veteran has a fairly long history of left wing political activism and has done this before. The students were also being harassed by a group of Black Israelites before this interaction occurred.

Some general thoughts on this

This should never have been news to begin with. Kids being disrespectful should not be the #1 main news story. This is the result of peoples desire to be outraged and to frame people who disagree with you politically as being morally wrong with no backing. These kids were targeted because of the shirts and hats they wore. There was no care given to the fact that they were children. They were treated like they were wearing Nazi WWII uniforms and signaling for the genocide of people. They were kids. There was no violence done. There was no crime committed. They just stood there with smug faces and chanted.

And then it comes out that they were the ones aggressor and harassed, and all they did was stand there and chant to drown them out.

Jesus Christ. The media and these keyboard warriors are the largest of hypocrites. They will scream until they are blue in the face about prejudice and discrimination, yet they are the biggest proponents of these ideas. They saw white male Trump supporters and a Native American, and they immediately jumped to their own personal prejudice that the kids were bad and the Native American must be a pure innocent being tormented.

The biggest shit in the toilet bowl comes from how this is going to be handled. Those that misrepresented these kids and who advocated violence and doxing against them will go unpunished. The media and celebrities who spoke up with much the same rhetoric will be handed no punishment, as their mob rule actions are portrayed as "acting in a way to stop racism."

This is just one big entire joke. The more that comes out about this story, the more pissed off I'm getting.

Myzozoa

just think of all those private school educated white boys that wont get a second chance

at the pro life rally with my maga hat on. very confused as to why people would jump to conclusions about my moral character.
This is the same deplorable stereotyping that we as a society should be past by now. You would be appalled if the character assumptions were made towards African American's character at a pro life rally with an Obama shirt.

It frustrates me when people are this hypocritical of their own values. It means they stand for nothing.

just think of all those private school educated white boys that wont get a second chance
That private school was closed Tuesday because of threats sent in from radical leftists despite these boys minding their collective businesses and being harassed by Black Israelis and a man beating a drum in their face. The information that they were in the right came out, and was continued to be ignored.

This isn't a "second chance" and the fact that they go to a private school doesn't justify this behavior being that they are 1) teenage boys and 2) completely innocent in this whole thing. You're seriously supporting this kind of action? That innocent boys should be threatened with violence just because they're Catholic, White, Male and Republican?

Asek

Banned deucer.
This is the same deplorable stereotyping that we as a society should be past by now. You would be appalled if the character assumptions were made towards African American's character at a pro life rally with an Obama shirt.

It frustrates me when people are this hypocritical of their own values. It means they stand for nothing.
i would not be appaled at all about character assumptions being made towards anyone at a pro life rally but uh keep trying to prop up your retarded bullshit by ascribing positions to me that ive never stated and in this case, do not even hold.

this aside, what point are you even trying to prove? that somehow we divorce the maga hat from the situation and it becomes OK? because uh yeah. the maga hat is important to the context. whether you, these boys or all the other morons who wear maga hats are willing to acknowledge it or not, the hat stands for trumps platform. whether they are wearing it for their support of the part of trump that is in favour of bringing industry back to america, for 'draining the swamp' or for the overtly racist portions of it, wearing that hat makes you complicit in the brand. the accuracy of the actual news story or whether some rich white kids are 'having their lives ruined' (fucking lol) is irrelevant to this point, but i always find it hilarious how much of a victim complex you people somehow generate whilst your man is in office

Myzozoa

That private school was closed Tuesday because of threats sent in from radical leftists despite these boys minding their collective businesses and being harassed by Black Israelis and a man beating a drum in their face. The information that they were in the right came out, and was continued to be ignored.

This isn't a "second chance" and the fact that they go to a private school doesn't justify this behavior being that they are 1) teenage boys and 2) completely innocent in this whole thing. You're seriously supporting this kind of action? That innocent boys should be threatened with violence just because they're Catholic, White, Male and Republican?
u care about young ppl's lives? i didnt realize from all your rambling apologetics for border patrol. i watched the videos and can confidently say that the rich white boys were under no threat of violence at any point, unlike children who are raped during their encounters with border patrol. are you the dudes friend in the video that screams 'he touched him' while he's still just beating the drum? sorry, but even if youre a white dude you cant just assert facts into existence willy nilly
No ones customs or identity is being wiped away by the United States Boarder Patrol.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)