SPOILERS! General Pokémon Anime Discussion

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm sure Mega Flygon will eventually come. Ken Sugimori said they like Flygon and was working through it.
Maybe that's why Z is taking so long to come out. :P

"Guys, Z is finished and ready to ship, the anime is halfway through the plot based on it, and we just started advertising the next gen! Just slap something together and finish Mega Flygon!"
"NOT UNTIL ITS READY!"

Though that makes me wonder, if they do have a Mega Flygon in Z would they bring Aarune back? I mean it would be nice if they kept Super Secret Bases in for Z/XY2.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
To be fair, Flygon WAS going to have a mega in ORAS, if it wasn't for the fact that the art team could not settle on a design in time.
Small nitpick: Nowhere was it said that it was the ART team that couldn't find a design. The relevant interview simply said "the design could not be completed". It could very well have been the moves/typing/abilities that caused problems. Make one mistake, the Pokémon is underpowered. Make another, it's overpowered. Make a third, and you've copied Garchomp. It could just have been cut for balance reasons, that it did too little of what they wanted it to do.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Small nitpick: Nowhere was it said that it was the ART team that couldn't find a design. The relevant interview simply said "the design could not be completed". It could very well have been the moves/typing/abilities that caused problems. Make one mistake, the Pokémon is underpowered. Make another, it's overpowered. Make a third, and you've copied Garchomp. It could just have been cut for balance reasons, that it did too little of what they wanted it to do.
I always sort of took it as them not knowing what to do with Flygon as whole, in both art and stats. I imagine once you figure out at least one thing the other fall into line as there's something to base around. Made the art first? Typing and stats would be influenced around that. Type and Stats decided first? The art will convey what those traits are saying this Pokemon is going to be like. However if your at a standstill on both aspects how can you go forward?

Is it just me or does the Dragonair in the latest episode look like a snake-duck or something? It looks wierd to be honest and it doesn't have to do with it being shiny.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So, new gen us coming later this year. So far in the anime they've planned through the Pokemon Showcase Master Class yet Ash still has to get the Iceberg Badge from Wulfric, we have the Team Flare plot to deal with, and finally the Kalos League. Assuming by "later this year" they mean either October, November, or December than they have the following of number of episodes left the can do before the release of the next games. And remember, the latest episode they've revealed they had planned is due to release on March 24th (in Japan):

October: 28-31
November: 32-35
December: 36-40

Now that's plenty of time to wrap things up if they plan accordingly (aka cut down on the filler).

I just hope it isn't rushed, seriously XY has been a blast Anime wise and I would love to see more from the family quartet.

So we're at least 15 episodes into XY&Z (those of us following the fansub just hit episode 13, Greninja vs. Zard-X), and Ash still has only one and a half rivals total. I count Tierno as .5 since his dancing team prioritizes battling, leaving the remaining one rival to be Sawyer. It's hard enough to count Sawyer as a rival, too, since he made Ash himself his goal instead of the title of Pokémon Master. It's such a stark contrast to the previous two generations, where Ash had at least two reappearing rivals at his journey's beginning, with more rivals steadily appearing later on.

It bothers me that Ash hasn't had any other recurring rivals after journeying through seven gyms, yet Serena has somehow managed at least three recurring ones despite debuting for Pokémon Performances only immediately after Ash obtained his fourth badge. At this rate, I'm almost near the point where I'm hoping Ash could face Alain at the Pokémon League, even though I'm pretty sure that Alain is badgeless.

tldr; Ash really needs to find some serious rivals right away, or his Kalos Pokémon League Tournament run won't be as exciting as one could hope.

(OR one could look at it the other way, noting that a lack of rivals could potentially mean an easy win at the Pokémon League, resulting in that long-awaited tournament victory for Ash)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um, since the topic is on the board right now, let's go with...40 more episodes left. It took a little over 50 to get to when Goomy first appeared, and that's about the length of episodes I'm expecting of XY&Z total.

Bringing back the topic of Ash's Greninja apparently it is a mega or so it was said by Alain.

The reason Alain met Ash in the first place was because his "Mega-Energy sensor" picked up a signal near him. That signal was coming from Ash' Greninja when it transformed to defeat Sawyer's Sceptile in a practice battle. Then later that night/morning Team Rocket tried to steal Pikachu. Alain saved Pikachu and then Alain requested a battle, Mega Charizard vs Greninja. Mega Charizard was winning because it was using thunder Punch then Greninja transformed which made Alain's Key Stone react and he said "so it can Mega Evolve without a Mega stone? is it because of the deep bond they share?" Then Ash made Greninja use Cut against Mega Charizard X's Tough claws Thunder Punch and Greninja was KO'd... obviously. They shaked hands and the episode ends with Team Flare reporting on a experiment they made with a weapon that uses Zygarde cells.

So...

-According to Alain's wierd technology and key stone Greninja's transformation is a Mega Evolution.
-Greninja lost because it doesn't have a good moveset and Ash made a bad call. At the end of the episode Ash acknowledged they need to train more.
-You should watch the episode instead of speculating using screeshots of the episode. This is the anime discussion so watch it xD

Watch episode 13 the relevant part about Ash-Greninja being a Mega starts about minute 18 or 19

also Margeana has a Pokeball forme yay \o/

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Bringing back the topic of Ash's Greninja apparently it is a mega or so it was said by Alain.

The reason Alain met Ash in the first place was because his "Mega-Energy sensor" picked up a signal near him. That signal was coming from Ash' Greninja when it transformed to defeat Sawyer's Sceptile in a practice battle. Then later that night/morning Team Rocket tried to steal Pikachu. Alain saved Pikachu and then Alain requested a battle, Mega Charizard vs Greninja. Mega Charizard was winning because it was using thunder Punch then Greninja transformed which made Alain's Key Stone react and he said "so it can Mega Evolve without a Mega stone? is it because of the deep bond they share?" Then Ash made Greninja use Cut against Mega Charizard X's Tough claws Thunder Punch and Greninja was KO'd... obviously. They shaked hands and the episode ends with Team Flare reporting on a experiment they made with a weapon that uses Zygarde cells.

So...

-According to Alain's wierd technology and key stone Greninja's transformation is a Mega Evolution.
-Greninja lost because it doesn't have a good moveset and Ash made a bad call. At the end of the episode Ash acknowledged they need to train more.
-You should watch the episode instead of speculating using screeshots of the episode. This is the anime discussion so watch it xD

Watch episode 13 the relevant part about Ash-Greninja being a Mega starts about minute 18 or 19

btw Margeana has a Pokeball forme yay \o/
Yeah, we found awhile back that it's not a Mega. Some interview or something from the anime director said so.

Yeah, we found awhile back that it's not a Mega. Some interview or something from the anime director said so.
Yeah, the anime likes to add an extra element to the whole notion of evolution with GreninjAsh. I think a part of what Alain's little mega-radar picks up is an energy signal that represents the bond of friendship felt by a Pokémon to it's trainer, and that signal is a component of both mega evolution and Greninja's transformation. They kind of glaze over the whole bonds-of-friendship thing in the games because every player naturally gains access to Mega Evolution at the same time and it isn't affected by your Pokemon's friendship value or anything, but the anime does an ok job of using these new evolution/transformation mechanics to further illustrate the importance of growing together as a factor of winning battles.

Reactions: JES

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Oh this is BS! I'm catching up on the dub episodes I've missed, one being the episode where a wild Quilladin falls in love with Serena's Eevee (so is Chespin going to evolve? If so then why not save Quilladen for then? Actually they didn't save any of the Starter's evolutions for until they evolved. Why?). It's a filler episode, easily skippable (only the first few minutes have any importance where they show Squishy/the Red Zygarde Core to Professor Sycamore, though even then all he says is that he never saw it before (yes, Ash & co. only possibly discovered a new Pokemon, no big deal, right?)). But even so, they cut out a funny part at the end of the episode. At the end of the episode, after a final rejection from Eevee, Quilladin sees a Flareon and falls in love with it and chases after. Now that's pretty much where the dub ended, but in the original Japanese version their was an additional 12 more seconds for one final joke:

Really dub? You couldn't go on for 12 more seconds? *sigh*

Anyway, one last thing I wanted to say is that I'm liking the new opening theme, "Stand Tall". It reminds me a bit of "Unbeatable", Advance Battle (Hoenn's 3rd season).

EDIT: And they did it again for the next episode (the one with Mega Audino)! And I checked the episode about that (the one with Litleo) and they did it there too. Why are they cutting out the last 12 seconds?

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
So maybe the games did hint at Ash-Greninja or at least the fusion thing?
I thought that was only to expand "humans and Pokemon used to marry in ancient times", which was censored in the English version.
The English version became "
"Sinnoh Folk Story 3"
There once were Pokémon that
became very close to humans.
There once were humans and Pokémon
that ate together at the same table.
It was a time when there existed no
differences to distinguish the two."

There was also another XY dialogue where an NPC referenced Beauty and the Beast.

I thought that was only to expand "humans and Pokemon used to marry in ancient times", which was censored in the English version.
The English version became "
"Sinnoh Folk Story 3"
There once were Pokémon that
became very close to humans.
There once were humans and Pokémon
that ate together at the same table.
It was a time when there existed no
differences to distinguish the two."

There was also another XY dialogue where an NPC referenced Beauty and the Beast.
He says this right after.

"There's even that old story where a Froakie turned into a human, right?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)