Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 60 SAtk / 196 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

This Tyranitar is a boss of a special wall. He can shrug off most special hits easily. He doesn't die too easily on the physical side either. Ice Beam is to KO Gliscor (Gliscors I have faced cannot KO me with EQ) and hit flying Mons. Flamethrower is to hit Nattorei hard. Pursuit is more useful than Crunch in a team with many physical attackers so that is why I use it in the last slot.

For EVs: My friend told me that I needed 60 SpA EVs to be able to guarantee a KO on Gliscor with Ice Beam, and the rest is to make him a special tank.

Terakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

This guy is very fast and powerful. SD is for becoming ultra powerful + defeating stall mons, RP is for outspeeding offense. CC and Stone Edge take advantage of Tera's excellent STAB and offer a wide variety of super effective hits. Usually his high natural speed is key as 108 base allows it to outspeed many threats and his high atk allows him to take them out.

The EVs are for maximum offensive capability.

HaxKing (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt

Swords Dance Gliscor is a very useful pokemon. This thing is so physically bulky words can't describe it. Swords Dance actually allows Gliscor to pack a punch with EQ. Ice Fang is used because it does quite a bit to enemy gliscors as well as Randorosu. Taunt is to deal with things like Nattorei or setup mons.

With these EVs, Gliscor's physical bulk is maximized which allows him to shrug off blows like a boss and with poison heal, it is harder to take him down than you might think.

The name HaxKing is from him freezing 3 pokemon in a row with Ice Fang one battle.

Juggernaut (Rankurusu) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psycho Shock
- Focus Blast

This set is a true Juggernaut. Without any hazard/poison damage, this thing lives a long time. It can survive Tyranitar's Crunch + KO back with Focus Blast 70% of the time. Psycho Shock seemed more appealing to me because it allows me to do much more to other calm minders.

The EVs are for shoring up his defense, calm mind takes care of special Defense.

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Payback

Drain Punch is actually very powerful after a bulk up. Mach Punch is always nice to have and Payback is for almost perfect coverage. He doesn't see much battle time tbh so there isn't much to say.

The EVs were copied from one of the spreads I saw on Smogon, if anyone has a better one let me know.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Will-O-Wisp

With water and Ice moves aimed at Gliscor and Tyranitar, someone needs to be capable of taking them so I chose Rotom-W. T-Bolt is for hitting waters and flying pokemon, wondering whether to put Thunder on this guy to be honest. Hydro Pump is a powerful STAB move that puts a dent in many pokemon. HP-Fire is for dispatching nattorei and scizor, while will-o-wisp is for burning physical problems.

EVs are for maximum power and to outspeed SD Scizor and Tyranitar.

Main Problem:
I don't like rain teams, powerful water moves are a big problem for my team. Rotom is broken down too quickly by them and Tyranitar can only switch in maybe once to combat hydropump in the rain and the like.

OMG, you did the worst thing you could do to a sandstorm team: stack 3 water weaknesses. Replacing Terakion or gliscor with Garchomp might lighten your problem, but otherwise I don't know how to solve your problem without keeping 2 sandstorm abusers, preventing two psychic types from being on your team, and not stack fighting weaknesses. Probably the best way to solve it is to replace Gliscor with Latias.

Yeah 3 water weaks with one resist with little defensive investment not good. If you want gliscor to go offensive put some speed on him so he isnt so easily outsped or use a more defensive moveset. try fling, protect acrobat and earthquake with the suggested ev spread on smogon. This will allow you to not only wall fighting types but also ko them with acrobat and potentially cripple a wall with fling. You need to replace something for a water resist. Probably roopushin as you said that you dont use him a lot. I suggest suicune as with water absorb he is immune to water in fact it heals him. Suicune brings some bulk and with a set of 252 speed 252 special attack. timid nature and calm mind hp electric ice beam surf/hydro pump and leftovers/life orb you have a bulky setup sweeper who is pretty tough to take down. You also need a metal type. I suggest replacing rotom with nattorei because suicune basically does rotoms job and nattorei adds not only a steel type for resisting dragon type moves but is also a really good check to rain teams. He can also set up spikes and either paralyze opposing sweepers or drain their hp with leech seed. I dont know a good ev spread but I suggest using shed shell over leftovers as your item so you are not trapped by magnezone or shandera.

YayTears: thanks for the advice. I don't want to replace gliscor though, he is one hell of a physical wall. Doryuuzu is literally stopped cold by it, and that alone is a good enough reason to use gliscor. He also is very easy to bring in and tends to play an important role in every match. He is also my only physically defensive pokemon, so I don't want to replace him.

Roger: suicune sucks, it is total nattorei bait. And I don't have a spin blocker so nattorei would kind of be useless (rotom is not ghost anymore).

Thank you for the rates, but neither of them really solves my problem without getting rid of gliscor who I find almost necessary to my team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)