1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Genesect unbanned from Ubers with typing drives.

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by ciaxel, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ciaxel

ciaxel

I apologize if this specific discussion is in the wrong forum section, an admin can move this thread to the appropriate section and even infract me if necessary - Smogon's forums are kindof clustered in my perception and therefore it's difficult to pinpoint the appropriate criteria in one specific area of the forum.

Anyways, I was beyond satisfied once Genesect was finally brought up to Ubers. The redundant Choice Scarf lead was EVERYWHERE and I can't recall how many times I've seen it on others teams while it was still legal in OU play.

However, I noticed that Genesect loses it's viability while equipping the Type Drives. OU play is very reliant on Life Orb this, Choice Scarf that, and Genesect loses that oppurtunity of a head start if forced to equip one of the typing plates.

The distinction would be like Latios's and Latias's Soul Dew, but reversed. Soul Dew is banned in OU play and grants Latios and Latias a large placement in the Ubers tier. Similarly, Genesect could equip the typing drives to PURPOSELY hinder his versatality, perhaps dropping him to what I would perceive as BL or even UU.

I HAVE experimented with the drives and they are actually quite viable if executed correctly. Then again, I haven't had experience with actual metagame testing so I wouldn't know how to particularly test this if this suggestion were to be considered.

-ciaxel
  2. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

To be fair, Smogon's community has never liked complex bans when it isn't absolutely necessary.
  3. jrp

jrp wanker of the highest order

that's never happening. The tiering leaders are generally against complex bans, especially something as convoluted as this.
  4. Agonist

Agonist Sinking towards the unknown inside of ourselves
    is a Forum Moderator

In other words, you're proposing Genesect be allowed as long as it doesn't use a Choice item, or Life Orb (or any other useful items)? That's not going to happen.
  5. ThisMysteriousGuy

ThisMysteriousGuy

I suggest you read the arguments presented in this thread for a better explanation as to why we are not doing complex bans like that (it is 100% relevant despite the title)

This post in particular pretty much sums it all up.
  6. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

ThisMysteriousGuy summed it up pretty well. This is a good question to ask though! You can write me a message if you have any more questions. Welcome to Smogon =)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)