Gimmicks you wish worked better

I wish Zen Mode Darmanitan could be "unlocked" in a better way, or at least be its own independent form. By itself, it is an interesting pokemon competitively and aesetically. Did you know it has the highest SpA stat of all Psychic-types outside of mega-evo's and legendaries? A super-bulky, super powerful fire-type could have been really interesting. Outside of typing and speed, all its stats are better than heatran's.

Anyway, what's the point of using it when a. You have to be halfway to kill yourself to use it AND b. You have a legitimately usable, extremely powerful regular forme? There is never a real opportunity to use it :(
If you could use the Zen form right off the bat, with the regular form ability Sheer Force, that would be incredible. Bulky, massive special attack and decent STABs that benefit from your ability. Throw on a Life Orb for massive death. Trick Room for extra fun times.

Actually, why does Slaking GET Protect?
Why shouldn't he?
Regigigas lacks it so that you can't stall out Slow Start by using Protect. But Protect is useless on Slaking, it just means that he accomplishes even less than usual.

He can use Swords Dance late game when most of the fast threats are gone and attempt to sweep, but he is still really darn slow.
baton pass from scolipede could remedy this im now gonna try this didn't know about this guaranteed crit chance with celery and hi crit moves

I'td be cool if moves like Flail and Reversal could be made viable, but honestly you really don't want to be taking chances that they require
it is viable on swords dance blaziken if u have a focus sash and swords dance up i used it a lot in ubers and it wreaked havok on anything not named extreme killer arceus or focus sash darkrai. heres the set i used:
Blaziken @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Att 252 spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire punch
- Baton Pass
- Reversal
- Swords Dance

MOD EDIT: Please do not double post

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)