Gimmicks you wish worked better

Keyword being Providing. It's incredibly situational in that it only works for Grass-types - which you are unlikely to have more than one of on your team, and some may not even use any at all - it is literally useless outside of doubles and doesn't benefit Florges itself in the slightest. I may be inclined to agree with you if it increased stats, but instead it only prevents stat lowering and status. Since stat lowering is highly unlikely to be seen outside of hax, most viable grass-types like Ferro and Venu are immune to Poison, all grass-types are no immune to all spore/powder moves and Freeze never happens, you're only really protecting your grass-type partner from Will-o-Wisp and Thunder Wave.
Which is... nice, I guess, and at least that's SOMETHING... I just wish it did something a little more viable. Maybe even if it protected Florges itself, for instance.

I think of Florges as kind of like Sudowoodo in that it looks like a plant but actually is not.

Though I definitely do agree there should've been more dual-typed fairies.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I just wish florges had a bit more balanced defense. I played with one in-game and loved how she worked for me, but I couldn't find a place for her competitively where she isn't out-classed by another fairy type.

Last edited:
Florges is just awkward, being essentially outclassed by Sylveon. Its talents just seem to be fully invested into non-single battles.

We have some new boons for Grass types; Flower Veil, Flower Shield, Rototiller. We also have some old goodies that revolved around Sunny Day; Flower Gift, Chlorophyll, Growth, Synthesis. Grass in Doubles/Triples sound like they were meant to endure and grow together. Sadly, I've never pulled off something like this. Even outside Battle Spot, the AI in the Battle Maison often kills someone on my Grass team before or right after I set up (If only Chesnaught could pick up and use Whimsicott as a shield against those Draco Meteors). Winning is still possible, but I never got far with this type of play and the wins were not pretty. It's very unlikely you would be able to have everyone alive and thriving on multiple stat boosts unless you get real lucky with Sleep Powder.

If we had an auto Grassy Terrain ability, Grass would be more than a liability. What does this type seriously drive fear into? Ground and Electric types? Certainly not Water types with that "you know what" move. Same thing goes with Dragons, Fire/Flying coverage.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Florges is just awkward, being essentially outclassed by Sylveon. Its talents just seem to be fully invested into non-single battles.

We have some new boons for Grass types; Flower Veil, Flower Shield, Rototiller. We also have some old goodies that revolved around Sunny Day; Flower Gift, Chlorophyll, Growth, Synthesis. Grass in Doubles/Triples sound like they were meant to endure and grow together. Sadly, I've never pulled off something like this. Even outside Battle Spot, the AI in the Battle Maison often kills someone on my Grass team before or right after I set up. Winning is still possible, but I never got far with this type of play and the wins were not pretty. It's very unlikely you would be able to have everyone alive and thriving on multiple stat boosts unless you get real lucky with Sleep Powder.

If we had an auto Grassy Terrain ability, Grass would be more than a liability. What does this type seriously drive fear into? Ground and Electric types? Certainly not Water types with that "you know what" move. Same thing goes with Dragons, Fire/Flying coverage.
I second the auto grassy terrain. I kinda hope that omega ruby and alpha sapphire build up the terrains this gen like RSE built up weather, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, did you know grassy terrain reduces the damage that earthquake and bulldoze do by half?

Proof: xc6g-wwww-www6-pdvj

Note how landorus's earthquake does like 90 damage to florges before the terrain goes up, and then like 45 damage after.

Florges would be much worse as a grass type. It's walling power would be considerably reduced.
She already lose to a lot of Pokémon that would trouble her if she was Grass-Fairy(Charizard, Talonflame, Heatran, Mamoswine, Pinsir etc.), but she would get considerably better at walling Keldeo, Breloom, Azumarill, Thundurus, Rotom-W, Gliscor, Garchomp(w/o Iron Head, which it would realistically use specifically for a Grass Florges), Gyarados with Taunt or Stone Edge over Ice Fang, Crawdaunt and other that i can't think of right now. The only real loss are Kyurem-Black, Tornadus and Overheat Manectric really.

Don't most Thundurus carry HP Ice?

Also I love how I make one post about Florges' abilities and suddenly the whole thread turns into a discussion of how bad Florges got it. Lol c'mon guys let's get back on topic.
Do they still?

Alright, then let's discuss how bad is not being able to catch Kyurem-C on BW2

I think this is more discussing gimmicks to each Pokémon rather than where you can get them in the games. Personally I liked how you couldn't catch it until after the E4, made it a little more intimidating. It's not something that doesn't work, it's really down to preference.

Then let's discuss how Kyurem-B has to go mixed or relay on its really gimmick two-turn move instead of getting fucking Ice Punch. Or discuss Sky Attack Power Herb Aerodactyl.

guts+toxic orb swellow is a bit underwhelming with all the rock/steel types all over the place. If only it had close combat/superpower.

Last edited:
I wish Zen Mode Darmanitan could be "unlocked" in a better way, or at least be its own independent form. By itself, it is an interesting pokemon competitively and aesetically. Did you know it has the highest SpA stat of all Psychic-types outside of mega-evo's and legendaries? A super-bulky, super powerful fire-type could have been really interesting. Outside of typing and speed, all its stats are better than heatran's.

Anyway, what's the point of using it when a. You have to be halfway to kill yourself to use it AND b. You have a legitimately usable, extremely powerful regular forme? There is never a real opportunity to use it :(

Stockpile + swallow + spit up has always been a funny move combo that was never any good. Also defense curl + rollout, and other such silly moves.

Some of these things might work better if you had extra move slots available just for them. Although even then, they'd still largely be rubbish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)