Glacier Knight VS Gerard IN Icy Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sun is starting to set over the horizon, but you could not see the sun itself due to the clouds in the sky. The sun will be setting from this frozen land for the last time for several months, plunging this land into darkness until it returns.

Snow continues to fall...

The gray clouds continue to drop snow on this area, where one trainer with a shiny Audino look around, continually refering to a map.

"Are you sure this map is right?" Walker asks. "It's bitter cold, and the sun will set in mere minutes. I know there is a Spirtomb around somewhere... brr..."

"Aud... in... o..."

"Bah... let's get out of here... we might have better luck searching when we are warmed up... and it seems the weather is going to take a turn for the worse shortly."

The two depart in a southeasterly fashion, missing two trainers approaching in other directions. One of them, Glacier Knight, was leading two small ice Poke'mon from the southwest.

Snorunt [Artica, "The Departed"] (Female)
Nature: mild (+spa, -def)

Info on Artica:

Type:
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Snow Cloak: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to snowy blizzard conditions and gains a 20% evasion boost during Hail. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Hail damage.

Cursed Body (DW UNLOCKED): (Innate)When this Pokemon is struck by an opponent's attack, there is a 30% chance that the attack will be disabled. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 110
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 19

EC: 6/6
MC: 2
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Astonish
Powder Snow
Leer
Double Team
Bite
Icy Wind
Headbutt
Protect
Blizzard
Confuse Ray
Ominous Wind
Wake-Up Slap
Blizzard
Hail

Disable
Fake Tears
Hex
Block
Weather Ball
Pain Split
Signal Beam
Snatch

Safe Guard
Light Screen
Ice Beam
Substitute
Taunt
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Shadow Ball

30 Moves

Weavile [Gavin, "The King"] (Male)
Nature: Jolly (+speed and accuracy, -spa)

Info on Gavin:

Type:
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Abilities:

Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Keen Eye: (Innate)This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by an opponent through any means (including accuracy lowering attacks, Smogs, Hazes, Fog, etc.). Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion and the Pokemon's own accuracy.
Pickpocket (DW UNLOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon's mischievous nature and greed make it very effective at pawning off an opponents item. If this Pokemon has no item and either it or the opposing Pokemon strikes with a contact attack, their item is stolen and becomes the held item of this Pokemon. Pokemon with Pickpocket can be commanded to swap items with an ally, and only they will need to expend an action to do so because of their swifter sleight of hand.
Command: [Ability: Pickpocket (Ally Item Swap) ]

Stats:
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 144 and 24% accuracy (+)

MC: 0
DC: 5/5 DW UNLOCKED

Attacks:
Embargo
Revenge
Assurance
Scratch
Leer
Taunt
Quick Attack
Screech
Faint Attack
Fury Swipes
Agility
Ice Shard
Night Slash
Metal Claw
Slash
Icy Wind

Crush Claw
Ice Punch
Fake Out
Counter
Feint

Snarl
Swords Dance
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Dig
Protect
Snatch
Poison Jab
Strength
Endure
Avalanche
Substitute
X-Scissor
Hail

35 Moves

Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

HP 50
Energy 300
Attack: 1
Defense: 1
Special Attack: 1
Special Defense: 1
Speed: 50

The other, Gerard, was leading two psychic Poke'mon from the northwest.

Wilde (Gallade) {♂}

Nature: Quiet (+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Psychic / Fighting

• Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference.
  • Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.
Abilities:

• Steadfast: (Innate)
If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases Speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This Speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.
  • Justified: (Innate)
This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by another Pokemon's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.
Stats:

Atk: 5
Def: 3
SpA: 4 (+)
SpD: 4
Spe: 69 (-)
SC: 3
WC: 4
BST: 21

EC: 9/9
MC: 0

Attacks: 78

Aerial Ace
Ally Switch
Brick Break
Bulldoze
Calm Mind
Close Combat
Confuse Ray
Confusion
Destiny Bond
Disable
Double Team
Drain Punch
Dream Eater
Dual Chop
Earthquake
Encore
Endure
False Swipe
Feint
Fire Punch
Focus Blast
Focus Punch
Fury Cutter
Future Sight
Giga Impact
Grass Knot
Growl
Heal Pulse
Helping Hand
Hypnosis
Ice Punch
Imprison
Knock Off
Leaf Blade
Leer
Light Screen
Low Sweep
Low Kick
Lucky Chant
Magic Coat
Magic Room
Magical Leaf
Mean Look
Night Slash
Pain Split
Poison Jab
Protect
Psychic
Psycho Cut
Rain Dance
Recycle
Reflect
Rock Slide
Safeguard
Shadow Ball
Shadow Sneak
Signal Beam
Skill Swap
Slash
Sleep Talk
Snatch
Stone Edge
Substitute
Sunny Day
Swords Dance
Taunt
Teleport
ThunderPunch
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Torment
Toxic
Trick Room
Vacuum Wave
Will-O-Wisp
Wish
X-Scissor
Zen Heabutt
Kurt (Slowbro) {♂}

Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Psychic / Water

• Psyquic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference.
  • Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Abilities:

• Oblivious: (Innate)
This Pokemon is incapable of being affected by Attract, Cute Charm, or Captivate.
  • Own Tempo: (Innate)
This Pokemon moves at its own pace and cannot be confused by any method.

• Regenerator: (Innate)
When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and (ten) 10 HP is restored. When this Pokemon Chills, it restores six (6) HP in addition to its 12 Energy.

Stats:

Atk: 4 (+)
Def: 4
SpA: 4
SpD: 3
Spe: 26 (30/1.15)
SC: 3
WC: 4
BST: 19

MC: 3

Attacks: 60

Aerial Ace
After You
Aqua Tail
Bide
Blizzard
Block
Body Slam
Brick Break
Brine
Confusion
Counter
Curse
Dig
Disable
Dive
Drain Punch
DynamicPunch
Earthquake
Endure
Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Fling
Focus Blast
Focus Punch
Grass Knot
Gravity
Growl
Headbutt
Heal Pulse
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Light Screen
Magic Coat
Mega Kick
Mud Sport
Protect
Psyquic
Rain Dance
Reflect
Rest
Safeguard
Scald
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Skill Swap
Slack Off
Sleep Talk
Substitute
Sunny Day
Surf
Tackle
Thunder Wave
Toxic
Trick
Trick Room
Water Gun
Yawn
Zen Headbutt

Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference.

HP 50
Energy 300
Attack: 1
Defense: 1
Special Attack: 1
Special Defense: 1

The, *ahem,* arena they chose to meet at for battle is a snowy forest at the edge of a lake. The evergreen trees stand about 20 feet tall, but provide clear views of the gray sky, and the frozen flakes on the branches starting eight feet off the ground.
The lake in question is to the west of the battlefield, frozen. The ice, while thick enough to hold people and Pokemon up, could make for some interesting tactics if the field of battle moves in that direction.
To the south of the area lies a cabin amid the trees, though with no lights in it, it could be disused. The only way to confirm would be to check it out.
To the east of the center of the area, where the battle is starting, is an odd temple of sorts amid the trees, rich for exploration and plundering, if anything remains to be plundered.
Some distance to the north of the area, there are distant mountains. While they are too distant for the battlers to reach while in the battle, they can provide a landmark for one to base their directions off of.

The rules of the match they agreed to stand thus:

2v2 FE Doubles
2 day dq
No switch
Items On
All Abilities
2 recoveries/5 chills
2 Substitutions

Glacier Knight, the challenger, shall send out his Poke'mon to the wooded center first, equiping them with items.
Gerard, the acceptor of the challenge, will follow suit, sending out his Poke'mon and equiping them with items.
Gerard will then make commands to his Poke'mon for the round or take action himself, specifying targets of attacks (can choose to exclude opposing trainer).
Glacer Knight will then command his Poke'mon to act for the round or take action himself, specifying targets of attacks (can choose to exlude opposing trainer).
Eternal Drifter will then do his best to describe what happens.
Three actions will constitute a round; at the end of each round, a development may occur.

What developments? Let's just say that the opposing trainer is not your only opponent... and the other opponents may not obey the traditional rules of battle...

"Kekeke, welcome Gerarrrrrrrrd. Like the darkness, soon blotting out the light, i will blot out all chances of victory for you!"

Froslass@Mental Herb
Weavile@Razor Claw

Sidenote: Eternal Drifter, you rock. This is gonna be epic i can tell, thanks for putting so much effort into it already!

"Well, this postion is a bit odd, but we can work it out, make sure you hold this Life Orb right sweet, let's go Wilde with it!, for you Kurt, a Expert Belt it's something that I think you could use pretty well, now take it so we can deal with this two, it's not gonna be easy I know, but we can work something up!

We shall start using their main adventage against them, I really don't want to see those feet making our attacks miss so let's take the speed out of the equation and see how it works out, after that it's all out offense, there's just so much you can try to stall when everything it's pointing at you, so let's see how eveything ends up"

Kurt: Trick Room ~ Scald (Gavin) ~ Focus Blast (Gavin)
*If you're Targeted by Taunt & You're not Taunted then use Magic Coat and Push Actions (Ignore this sub if 3 or more Taunts are used against you in which case replace A1 with Scald (Gavin))
*If Gavin is underground when you target him then use Earthquake and push actions (Synchro if possible)
*If Gavin Faints then change all remaining offensive moves to Flamethrower (Artica)

Wilde: Brick Break (Gavin) ~ Drain Punch (Gavin) ~ Rock Slide
*If Gavin uses Counter then use Focus Blast (Weavile) and push actions
*If Gavin is underground when you target him then use Earthquake and push actions (Synchro if possible)
*If Gavin Faints then change all remaining offensive moves to Rock Slide

PS: Weavile's ability it's Preasure

OOC:
Glacier Knight brought up a good point in PM.

Glacier Knight said:
Hey Eternal Drifter, quick question before i attack.

So, weavile/froslass get 3 actions of course, but since i (Glacier Knight) have stats, do i get 3 actions as well? or how does that work? Me issuing myself attacks/actions?

it is very crucial to my plan, so i can't post actions until you answer the question
Each creature (Trainer and/or Poke'mon) has a limited number of actions per round, usually three. A trainer making commands to his Poke'mon normally does not incur energy costs, but if he acts, or commands a combo or two, or both, they'll use energy. A trainer posting no actions of the trainer is assumed to only be commanding. Commanding is essentally +8 priority, so don't worry about getting your commands cut off.

Action examples:
Command: -0 energy
Command and act: - (1 + energy cost of action*1.5) energy
Command combo: -3 energy (For trying to get words out in a short period of time)
Command combos (2 Poke'mon): -9 energy (similar, but have to get more words out in the same time)
Command combo and act: - (combo cost + energy cost of action *1.5) energy
Run (please say which direction): -5 energy
Attempt move of choice: Varies by move attempted
Other: Varies by attempt
Forfiet complete action: +12 energy (chill)

Poke'mon can act without trainer's orders (since the trainer can be knocked out or can exhaust themselves), but will be unable to perform anything other than attacks or running. Combos will also be unable to be performed.

If the trainer has both Poke'mon faint, they can have the match continue, searching for a way to defeat the opponent without Poke'mon or try to find something to revive them, or can end the match. Note that Knocking Out a trainer will NOT give KO counters.

In light of this, Gerard can reorder attacks, if he chooses. Items are locked in, though.

Pre-Battle:

Glacier Knight
OO
Glacier Knight

HP: 50
Energy: 300
Ranks: 1/1/1/1
Size/Weight Classes: 3/3
Type: Dark

Artica (Female Froslass)

Allied with Glacier Knight
Energy: 100
Ranks: 3/2/4/3
Speed: 110
Item: Mental Herb
Abilities: Snow Cloak/ Cursed Body

Gavin (Male Weavile)

Allied with Glacier Knight
Ranks: (6)/3/1/3
Speed: 144
Size/Weight Classes: 2/3
Item: Razor Claw
Abilities: Pressure/Pickpocket

Gerard
OO
Gerard

HP: 50
Energy: 300
Ranks: 1/1/1/1
Type: Psychic

Wilde (Male Gallade)

Allied with Gerard
Ranks: 5/3/4/4
Speed: 69
Size/Weight Class: 3/4
Item: Life Orb
Abilities: Steadfast/Justified

Kurt (Male Slowbro)

Allied with Gerard
Ranks: 4/4/4/3
Speed: 26
Size/Weight Class: 3/4
Item: Expert Belt
Abilties: Own Tempo/Oblivious/Regenerator

Gerard's had plenty of time to reorder in light of the my update, but since he's already ordered beforehand, with no changes, I'll just rule that those are to be his actions for the round, having no energy use from ordering attacks. I don't want to hold up this match any more than needed to get things organized (though it may be a little late for that...), so Glacier Knight may make orders for the round.

And, though it may be late... best of luck to the both of you.

Hey, this was going to be a really cool match, and honestly im sad i have to do this, but i need to train/ref really hard, since the next gym signups are coming soon (and i need to get stronger asap).

So, i'm Forfeiting. maybe some other time. Thank you ED though, for coming up with all this, it looked really cool.

One trainer, checking his watch and calendar while thinking, suddenly realizes something. He hastily withdraws his Poke'mon, and takes off, claiming he has something to do. By default, his opponent wins... though a win that was essentially meaningless, since no one got any prizes.

Regretably, the other trainer withdraws his Poke'mon as well, wandering away from the snow-covered woods...

What mysteries await in the Icy Woods? What lies beneath the frozen ice? What was the temple built for? Who, or what, lives in the cabin? No one knows... But will these mysteries be solved in the future? Only time will tell...

Glacier Knight has Forfeited.

Gerard may count this match as a victory, but, because no rounds were completed, no one gets any prizes. If anyone wants to battle in this area in the future, let me know and I'll ref the battle for you.

Glacier Knight: 0 CC
Artica: 0 MC
Gavin: 0 MC

Gerard: 0 CC
Wilde: 0 MC
Kurt: 0 MC

Eternal Drifter: 0 UC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)