1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Golem's Resurrection (QC 0/3)

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by karimfantom, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karimfantom

karimfantom

Golem, for OU Sandstorm teams
    [​IMG]
    *NOTE: This build is strictly for sandstorm teams*
    Leftovers, Sturdy
    Nature: Careful, EV's: 200 hp/56 def/252 sp. def.
    Sucker punch, Thunder punch, Stone edge, Earthquake

Reason for Golem's revival
    -He's a bad-@ss looking Pokemon.
    -He fills a great spot as a soaker on a sandstorm team.
    -Sandstorm gives him a 33% Special Defense increase
    -Immunity to electric type moves and thunder-wave
    -Fire resistance will make Golem an excellent choice to switch in when you are using a steel type Pokemon.
    -Stealth rock resistance.
    -He can take Metagross's bullet punch just fine.

Expectations
    -He will destroy Starmie, Tentacruel, Celebi, Gyrados, Gengar, Jirachi, Metagross, Toxicroak, Thundurus-T, Jellicant, Blissey, Skarmory, Salamence, Dragonite, Venasaur. Possibly others.

Explanations
    -Upon switching in Golem against Starmie, Golem will only lose 50% HP or less from Scald. He won't get hit again because Sucker Punch will kill Starmie.
    -I've only died twice against water attacks, that was against a Spec'd Latios (using surf) and a Politoed (unknown build, used hydro pump). Although, Golem HAS survived before against Politoed Hydro Pump.

Weaknesses
    -Hydro pump accompanied by strong water-type pokemon
    -Terrakion (?)

Notes
    -I haven't been able to test his vessel when it comes to fighting type pokemon. Believe it or not, I haven't ran into a lot. I have used Golem on my team for at least 30 battles and rarely has he been totally useless (as in, dying in 1-2 turns).
    I am confident in Golem.

Conclusion
    Golem is probably the ONLY pokemon you can benefit from Sandstorm with, that is a menace to water/grass&poison pokemon. His typing is deceiving.

Usefulness
    4.5/5 stars.
  2. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed "Smogon friends" is an oxymoron.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

No.

edit because I can't post for no reason: Golem is overall horrible in the metagame, and I don't think I need to explain its already numerous weaknesses, which you fail or refuse to emphasize.
  3. shrang

shrang Go to your room
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Wow. So pro.

QC REJECTED 1/3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)