Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute / Earthquake
- Endeavor / Fire Blast / anything really

Both of these 'mons have very similar checks and counters in bulky Steel- and Rock-types, and both actually have access to Endeavor, allowing them to act as cute partners to each other by bringing down the other's checks or counters to low health if not outright beating them in some cases. They're both also very solid late-game cleaners, thanks to Quiver Dance and high speed, respectively, and will be even better when Sneasel kinda inevitably leaves the tier. Keep in mind that typically either one or the other should have Endeavor, not both, unless you're being cute and running a third 'mon like Archeops or Fletchinder (which coincidentally can also work over Vivillon) that sweeps after Tauros and Vivillon have done their jobs

Offensive Core

+

This is an offensive core really cool, both work very well together. Cacturne acts as an offensive spikes setter, Cacturne force many changes and it's easy to get opportunity to use Spikes and go undermining the enemy camp, and act as a powerful wallbreaker with its powerful stab moves. Cacturne provides spikes, which helps weaken gradually the enemy team for a subsequent sweep of Fletchinder, checks the course of checks Fletchinder as Lanturn, Rhydon and Carracosta. Water Absorb also helps in the absorption of water moves to the bird. On the other hand, Fletch chekcs fighting, grass and bug types for Cacturne which are things that cause problems to him. This is a lot of fun to use core with access to hazard stack, strong stab moves, priority and setup sweeper.

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Sucker Punch

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Last edited:
Reactions: nv

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Balanced Core

+
+

Another core since I enjoy this thread as a resource, anyway these three are pretty enjoyable to use together since they more or less can cover everything in the meta at the moment. Mawile is a nice blanket check to most physical attackers in the tier while also having rocks, Tangela is criminally underused and is a handy dandy water resist while also packing quite a punch with Leaf Storm, and finally Hariyama is a good final addition to the core because of its resistance to fire type attacks that can be a hassle to the last two mons.

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 48 Def / 224 SpA
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Ancient Power
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Baton Pass

475.gif
+
057.gif

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut

Primeape @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

SD Gallade is very threatening in this meta and Banded Primeape really helps it. Granbull, one of Gallade's best answers, gives Primeape a free +1 thanks to Defiant and Primeape can OHKO with Gunk Shot. Additionally, having another strong fighting type can help wear down other answers to Gallade, and between both of their coverage options, Gallade and Primeape can hit pretty much all good fighting answers in the tier super effectively. U-turn on Primeape is also quite nice for some momentum.

Last edited:

Squad up.

Are you bad at this game? Just not nailing those predictions? Well with this easy core, you can kick start your modest Pokecareer today! I bring you easy momentum at its easiest. This core abuses Lanturn's excellent slow pivoting ability to bring Vivillon in safely for some shenanigans. Going a little deeper than that, Vivillon and Lanturn actually synergize quite well together. Excluding Vivillon's weakness to Rock, all weaknesses are covered between the two. Vivillon's second coverage move is really up to team needs/preference. HP Ground covers Steels and Rock types across the tier. Energy Ball takes care of bulky Grounds and Rocks. And Bug Buzz is there for an extra STAB that hits the remainder of the types...minus Steel (rip). Lanturn carries Heal Bell to rid Viv of any status that may occur throughout the course of a match, keeping it healthy and ready to go off at any time. The last slot on Lanturn is also up to preference or team need. Toxic helps wear down bulkier threats for Vivillon to break down. Thunder Wave is there to cripple faster offensive Pokemon that threaten Vivillon's potential to produce throughout a match.

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ground]/ Energy Ball/ Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 164 Def / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave/ Toxic

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast/Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

- Hi, my name is megadino and physically, I'm not 2hko'd by about anything that's not poison, steel or a boosted move, I can even tank knock off!
- Hi, my name is quagsire and physically, I'm not 2hko'd by a whole lot of things including poison, steel and boosted moves.
- OMG, we should make a core!
- Hell yeah!
- What about offensive garbo, he wrecks us?
- Yeah we'll have to bring some friends for that fucker!
- I'm not a fan of leech seed either...
- Will you stop whining you pussy?
- Yo just look at me bro I'm all white and pink and puffy with winged ears, were you really expecting me to be manly?

Last edited:
Offensive Core: Shut Up and Dance

As many of you know I've been using SD Sandslash + SD Fletchinder a lot recently, but frankly I feel that Sandslash is the best offensive rapid spinner that Fletchinder can be paired with. Honestly I think that Kabutops is a little SubPar in that while it is a lot faster and may get its spin off a little more easily, it is rather lacking in helping Fletchinder achieve much outside of spinning. Fletchinder's true problem lies in any pokemon who is able to block its Acrobatics spamming, which is exactly what Sandslash takes care of.
With its great physical bulk and typing, Sandslash can take on the Rock, Electric, and Steel types who otherwise hinder Fletchinder's ability to straight up run through the entire tier. Furthermore, its high power and decent speed makes it a great hole puncher against defensive teams who otherwise trouble Fletchinder, easily wearing them down to a point that Fletchinder is able to clean them off of. Fletchinder on the other hand puts pressure on stuff like Lilligant and Ludicolo who otherwise make Sandslash effectively useless (plus its wisp can cripple stuff and give Sandslash unique setup opportunities), making them a clean combo who not only wear down each others checks while both being excellent offensive utility mons.

Pro Tip: While in many cases Leftovers, Lum, or even Earth Plate is the preferred option on Sandslash, Passho can allow you to get a +2 EQ in on a lot of water types who otherwise KO you, relieving pressure from Fletch.

Code:
Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance

Sandslash @ Passho Berry / Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

fish anemometer

I ❤️HOLE
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending PU Circuit Champion

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
I'd change toxic to curse so that you don't get rest stalled by malamar. These two are pretty much only found on stall teams so malamar is a huge threat and curse quag is one of the few defensive counters.

Last edited:

This is a fun core to run which uses a kinda underrated mon, Kecleon. In my opinion what makes this pairing worth using is how many NU offensive threats they cover between them so you kind of have free reign to use any combination of offensive pokemon in the other 4 slots as long as you have SR.

AV P-U-P Kecleon is actually insanely good in my opinion because it basically fits on offense or bulky offense super well as one of the only switchins to Magmortar (barring 2 LO Focus Blasts) that isn't a complete momentum drain - some people like Lanturn for this but I don't really. As well as that it checks numerous other special attackers that all beat Granbull like Lilli, Xatu, Ludicolo, Swellow, NP Liepard, choiced Rotom. Plus it can actually spinblock and play other fun mindgames with priority Protean attacks like Sucker Punch to tank Knock Off or Shadow Sneak to eat up U-Turn and Rapid Spin attempts.

Granbull is the physically bulky one and covers a looot of physical attackers (Liepard, Scyther, pretty much everything that can't hit it SE or boost freely while avoiding status) but most notably, Sawk is a mon that all teams should have a switch-in for but most don't have because Sawk always clicks Knock Off first time. Heal Bell helps both itself and the rest of the team, including Kecleon which hates being burnt. I like max Attack Adamant Granbull with EQ and T-wave because it can catch stuff like Pyroar and Klinklang on the switch with T-Wave and basically laugh at them.
Kecleon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

you can also run 44 SpA EVs on Mega Audino so it usually 3HKOs Malamar with Dazzling Gleam, though most of them cut some SpDef for Speed creep so you probably don't even need much investment to guarantee it realistically. anyways point is you don't have to compromise your christianity to beat Malamar.

Updated the archive and removed Magneton cores.

Also, here is a list of Pokemon from the B through A ranks that haven't been included in a core posted yet, so if anyone has a core with any of these Pokemon to share that'd be great just to diversify what we have.
Jynx
Ludicolo
Musharna
Pyroar
Electivire
Exeggutor
Quagsire
Stunfisk
Swellow
Aurorus
Barbaracle
Cryogonal
Gorebyss
Huntail
Ninetales
Rotom-S
Pinsir
Bouffalant
Crustle
Golurk
Leafeon
Kecleon
Togetic
Pelipper
Pawniard
Can maybe cross Barbaracle and Rotom-S off your list now:
+

I enjoy these two because they cover each other nicely and provide offensive pressure just by virtue of who they are. Rotom hates ice and rock attacks which Barb brushes off while covering up Barb's grass, fighting and ground weakness. Using these is pretty self explanatory, bring in on resisted hits and play like you should according to their team. WoW if you feel they'll bring in a physical attacker, Volt Switch if you think they'll bring in a special wall Barb can set up on and maim. I've wanted to post this before a bit but held back until Sneasel was gone since a well played Sneasel could give issues. Jinx w/ FB is a problem. Outspeeds and will OHKO Rotom no matter what, FB kills Barb all the time. Neither can switch into Jinx but if Jinx switched into Barb you can try to predict and use Stone Edge which does nearly 300% so you're safe there where as she can easily come into a Razor Shell and put you in a really bad spot if you haven't smashed yet. Just play smart and you should be alright.

Sets below. My preferences are the first slash but both of these are really versatile! Grass Knot isn't slashed in for Quag since there's HP Grass on Rotom but its an option if you don't take care of Quagsire before you try and set up.
Barbaracle @ White Herb / Shuca Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Cross Chop / Frustration / Earthquake

Rotom-Fan @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunderbolt

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Offensive Core
+
+

This is a standard FWG core, built around Swords Dance Combusken. Combusken and Samurott compliment each other very nicely, as Combusken helps Samurott's grass weakness and Samurott helps with Combusken's weaknesses too. Samurott also helps puncture holes in the enemy's team so Combusken or Lilligant can sweep safely. Lilligant is here to kill Water types and can also set up with Quiver Dance and perform a sweep. Overall, these three compliment each other almost perfectly, and is just a good core in general. Threats to this core are Flying Types, to an extent bulky CM Psychics (Uxie doesn't like taking too many hits though), so Cacturne can be used over Lilligant to beat the Psychics, but since most of them run Signal Beam, it's a bit shaky. Good partners for this core are Regirock, who can set up Rocks, spread status, and counter Flying Types. A psychic type like Musharna is also good to check Fighting types, who can be a threat to this core. And that's the core, enjoy!
KFC Jr. (Combusken) @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Sky Uppercut
- Protect

D-D-Duel! (Samurott) @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Aqua Jet

Coconut (Lilligant) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Giga Drain
/Hide

+

Sawk @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Poison Jab / Stone Edge / whatever

Jynx @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot / Focus Blast

A bit of a BW2 throwback, Sawk and Jynx are 2 incredibly threatening pokemon that can give your offensive teams a lot of leeway in checking various threats. This core is a nice basis of "sash offense" styled teams so obviously hazard removal is mandatory. Sandslash and Claydol are good partners since they can check +1 Klinklang which is otherwise one of the biggest problems of this core. It's pretty simple to use and easy to build around - hazard control, dark type, then whatever the heck you want.

+

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Rock Slide
- Aqua Jet/Toxic/Knock Off (I prefer jet for lead chops and it just has great utility)

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
Speed is for max attack adamant rhydon.

Rose and costa is a really nice defensive hazard stacking core that i've been using a lot lately. They do a very good job at covering each other's weaknesses. Costa takes on so many physical attackers and rose helps patch up it's grass and electric weakness and just deals with special attackers in general. Magmortar, fighting types and psychic are pretty annoying so you'll want to take them into consideration, evio scyther can help as it also deals with malamar. Overall a very reliable hazard stacking core which has consistently gotten me rocks and 3 layers.

Offensive Core:
+

These two pair very well for many reasons. One of Cacturne biggest drawbacks is its poor speed. Combusken can remedie this by passing its speed boosts to it. What makes this work so well is the fact that two types that can be used to handle Combusken are water and psychic, both of which Cacturne is immune to. Due to this, Combusken can get its speed boosts through protect and forced switches, and If the opponents mon goes for a water or psychic move on the Combusken, then you have a free baton pass into Cacturne, giving it much needed speed and allowing it to potentially do a lot of damage to the opponent. Canturne can beat both Psychic and Water types for Combusken, as well as other anoyances such as Rock and Ground types, easing the path for Combusken to sweep. Things that need to be considered when teambuilding for this core is its problems with flying types, especially Fletchinder, as well as issues with bulky Fire and Fighting types, such as AV Magmortar, AV Haryama, and Gurdurr.

Combusken (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond/Nasty Plot/Substitute/etc...

+

Leafeon and Lanturn form a nice wallcore that synergize very well defensively and also provide alot of support for tthe team while also forming a nice volt-turn core. Leafeon covers Lanturns Ground and Grass weaknesses while Lanturn covers Leafeon's fire, ice and flying weaknesses. Wish and Baton pass support can help keep Lanturn healthy while Lanturn provides support with heal bell, volt switch and can wear down walls leafeon has trouble with toxic support along with leafeons Wish +Protect.

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Wish
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 Hp / 220 Def / 208 / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam/Icy wind/Twave/Toxic
- Heal Bell

Last edited:
Offensive Core

I know this core isn't exactly innovative, but no one had posted it yet and I've been having a lot of fun with it. Super Simple Stuff, use baby Hippo for 8 turns of Sand thanks to smooth rock and beat things down with Sand Rush Life Orb Sandslash and Choice Band Stoutland. Stoutland gets great coverage but most of the time I just end up clicking Return, 2HKOing pretty much all Pokemon that don't resist it. The Rock and Steel types that resist Return usually get beat down by EQ from Sandslash, as well as Pokemon that Stoutland may not want to make contact with like Helmet Garbodor. X scissor looks odd on Sandslash, but a lot of psychics are carrying Colbur Berry, or are bulky enough to live 2 Knock Offs (Uxie/Musharna) so I've got the bug coverage for those, and Malamar.

The Hippo set is pretty much what you'd expect with Toxic > Slack Off as a more offensive option, most of the time I just bring Hippo in to get up sand and switch it straight out after a toxic/rocks. I've tried Yawn over Toxic which is pretty cool for forcing switches and getting in Stoutland or Sandslash for free. I've also tried Fire Fang / Facade on Stoutland over Play Rough; fun but not great.

For teammate options, you need answers to Ludicolo/Rain teams in general, Weezing, and switch ins to Ice/Water/Grass moves. U turn/Volt Switch mons that can get in Stoutland and Sandslash are good as well. I like using Mantine with this core but I'm sure there are loads of other options as well. Let me know what you guys think!

Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Stoutland @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Play Rough
- Crunch
- Superpower

Sandslash @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Skuntank + Sawk Offensive Core
This was a pretty bae core in BW NU, and now it's bae again with the drop of my bae Skuntank. Skuntank is a great counter to those Psychic and Ghost types and Fairy types that give Sawk trouble when he's trying to break everything with Choice Band Close Combat, so it's natural that these two go great together. Skuntank can also Defog hazards, so Sawk can keep his Sturdy intact. This core has a bit of trouble against Ground types, the only type Skuntank is weak to, as Sawk cannot switch in safely on Earthquakes due to his average defenses, so a Ground check or counter is recommended for this core. But overall, this core is a blast from the past that is also good currently, and definetely should be recognized.

Skuntank Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVS: 24 HP / 224 Atk / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Sucker Punch
-Poison Jab
-Taunt
-Crunch / Defog / Pursuit

Sawk @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVS: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-Knock Off
-Zen Headbutt
-Stone Edge
/Hide

Last edited:

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Endeavor

Vivillon (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Sleep Powder
- Energy Ball

Here's a decent anti-lead 'core' backed by defog shiftry. Archeops and Vivillon pretty much guarantee instant momentum since they're able to beat most leads + hazard setters, bar mawile, ferroseed, and seldom others I can't think of at the moment. Shiftry is my favorite offensive hazard removal option because it offers the most support without much opportunity cost. It also KOs a few popular checks to Vivillon + hazard setters/removers/preventers like, Lanturn, Rhydon, Xatu, Sandslash, Regirock, and Prinplup to name a few. Shiftry's ability to beat Rock types is really what separates it from Defog Skuntank. A fighting or fire type would best fit this core due to steel types causing them quite a few problems.

Floatzel (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Baton Pass
- Waterfall
- Taunt

Scyther (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn/Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Okay, this is probably one of the weaker cores and needs some support to function correctly but let me explain before you dismiss this fart of my brain please.
These two make a decent and fun to use (balance?) core that I've been using for a bit now. How does it work you ask? Simple. Floatzel is able to out speed and force a lot of mons out that usually threaten Scyther. Mainly talking about Archeops, Pyroar and mons that tend to use will-o-wisp. On top of that he is an excellent pivot into mons that use SCALD. No more complaining about that 30% burn chance because you now have something that just doesn't give a shit.

4 Atk Floatzel Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Archeops: 254-302 (87.2 - 103.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
4 Atk Floatzel Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pyroar: 236-278 (75.3 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As you can see, Floatzel doesn't need attack investments to revenge kill these 2 guys after rocks. This allows you to invest more in his bulk, granting the floating weasel a bit more Longevity to pass bulk ups around. If you succeed in passing a bulk up or 2 to Scyther...Your opponent is in for a bad time.

A fast taunt from Floatzel can also stop EVERY STEALTH ROCKER IN NU from setting up rocks. Again, Scyther benefits from this. Another option in this slot however would be Ice Punch. Only go for this one if you have sufficient hazard control and need more coverage for grass types.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Primeape @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

Sick voltturn core :) Primeape got a lot better in this meta as a Sucker resist that can hold momentum well. Rotom-S also got a lot better as a Fighting resist that isn't weak to Sucker! Both hold momentum well and can handle one another's common switch ins fairly well. Rotom-S can deal with Vileplume and Weezing alright and Primeape can break down Lanturn and Rhydon. You can pair these dudes up with another U-turner like Mesprit or something if you wanted to be mega cool, too!

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 156 Def / 208 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave/ Toxic/ Ice Beam

This is a really cool Volt-turn core that is more defensively inclined. Lanturn takes on Pelipper's huge weakness via Volt Absorb, and Pelipper soars above Earthquakes aimed at our favorite angler fish. Both provide utility to the team by spreading status, and, individually, they provide utility with Defog and Heal Bell. This core is obviously very weak to Freeze Dry, so you need to be able to deal with Aurorus among the rest of the team. In total this core resists 9 types and is only weak to four. Pelipper gives your opponent a reason to not spam CC, and Lanturn gives them a reason to not automatically Volt Switch on or Thunder Wave something. While the core obviously has flaws, the utility that it provides far outweighs any negative repercussions brought along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)