Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 232 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Thinking of this as my offensive core. I'm new to team-building, so could really use some feedback. I like the idea of Blaziken, who is already a great offensive presence, being able to BP swords dance/speed boost to Mega-Kangaskhan. Mega-Kangaskhan's parental bond means I can break through subs easily and, with any boosts (whether from PUP or BP'ed SD/SB), the big girl can sweep through any physical walls. I like Tyranitar as a Talonflame/Gengar counter (at the very least, he can revenge kill Mega-Gengar, if I've read correctly), and can soak special attacks pretty nicely and, at minimum, force switches.

What do you guys think? Another option was swapping Mega-Kangaskhan for Mega-Lucario, but I'm not sure how to proceed with my last 3 slots.

Gyarados, Aegislash, Hydregion.

Dosite, Life Orb, Choice Specs.

Bulky DD, Mixed attacker, Special attacker.

Resists all forms in the game, share no weaknesses, and each brings a unique niche to the table. Wash rotom can also be added and still does not share a weakness with anything else on the team. Digging this set up for awhile, just thought I'd share.

I was thinking about the hydreigion aegislash cores and actually thought more azumarill than gyrados. Any reason for the latter than the former?

I was thinking about the hydreigion aegislash cores and actually thought more azumarill than gyrados. Any reason for the latter than the former?
I'm very new to all this, but I would imagine it helps out aegislash's weakness to ground/EQ even more.

I am currently just trying my coverage in the battle maison with a team of CSp Noivern, CB Azu and Bulky SD MScizor, and it seems to work nicely. I am considering going for a Salamence, M Mawile with maybe Greninja as the 3rd spot for singles. How do you think that will work out?

For Greninja I was thinking protean with Ice Beam, Hydro Pump/Scald, Grass Knot and Dark Pulse with Choice Specs/scarf, Ev's in SpA and Spe
Salamence I have not come up with a moveset yet, probably a mixed set with Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Eq, ***, ***, no item yet. Prob ev's in speed with spread in atk/spatk
M Mawile i think Play rough, Stone Edge, Iron head, ***, Mawilite.

Any advice would be great for this hyper offensive 3v3 team :P

Intimidate gives you a forced switch even if you opt to dragon dance. Azumarril is great but Intimidate is awesome, the flying subtype grants plenty of bonus resistances without leaving the core noticeably weak to either electric or rock, and Azumarril's only set up leaves it weakened; opponents know this and may out predict you. If your marril belly drums it runs the risk of being attacked; even if dos is attacked, the attack is coming off intimidate proc. If it's enough to threaten 2hko, you likely now outspeed and can ohko in response.

Dos also knows roar, taunt, etc., which give him utility that Azumarril lacks.

Chansey@ Eviolite
Bold, Natural Cure
252 Hp,252 Def,6 Sp def
Aromatherapy
Seismic Toss
Soft-Boil
Toxic

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish, Leftovers
252 Hp, 252 Def, 6 Sp def
Brave Bird
Roost
Whirlwind
Spikes

Florges@ Leftovers
Bold, Leftovers
Moonblast
Wish
Calm Mind
Protect

Gyarados@ Leftovers
Adamant, Intimidate
252 Hp, 200 Def, 56 Speed
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Waterfall
Earthquake

This is my "CressBlissSkarm" for 6thGenBeta with a Gyarados. They cover each other's weakness minus Fire/Electric/Rock(Neutral Damage). Blaziken/Talonflame/Charizard-X are the only real Physical Fire types in 6thGenbeta and Gyarados takes those Fire hits without a problem. Any Electric Attack is Special and I have Chansey and Florges for that. Skarmory takes Rock Attacks and just Roost's off the damage.

What do you guys think?

THIS IS A PRE-BANK CORE

Gyarados
@ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
IVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Nature: Impish
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpDef / 72 Def
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

------------------------

These three cover each other's weaknesses so flawlessly it's crazy, Lucario is the star here- able to force anything out in fear of taking a CC, even unboosted it's deadly, but at +2 it's pretty much over unless they have any form of resistance left. With a defensive core to back him up, covering each of his weaknesses so easily it is so easy to get a sweep going.
Any input guys?

This is what I'm using in Wi-Fi matches, and so far it's proven extremely effective:

Aggron@ Assault Vest
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 SpDef/252 Atk/4 HP
Sassy Nature (+ SpD, -Spe)

Moves:
Head Smash
Iron Head
Earthquake
Payback

Sylveon@ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 SpD/252 HP/4 SpA

Moves:
Wish
Protect
Toxic
Moonblast

Gyarados@ Sitrus Berry (Replace w/ Leftovers for Showdown matches)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP/248 Atk/ 4 Def/168 Spe

Moves:
Taunt
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang

Aggron, with an assualt vest, gains the ability to reliably tank both physical and special attacks and hit back hard with STAB Head Smash, which has no recoil due to Rock Head. Iron Head deals with pesky fairies, and Earthquake does major damage to opposing steel types. Finally, Payback reliably deals with opposing ghost psychic types. Sylveon is a wishpasser who can switch into fighting type moves reliably and help with recovery, and Gyarados can switch into both ground and fighting moves and can very easily destroy defensive teams with Taunt. Ice Fang is used in place of Bounce until Pokebank is available.

I think my Kyurem-B/Tentacruel core is pretty solid. I need a strong physical ground type to possibly replace Landorus-T. I was considering Bulky M-Garchomp w/ Stealth Rocks, Swords Dance, Dragon Claw and EQ but don't know for sure how prevalent ice types will be Post-PokeBank.

im playing around with a few things, but im looking at (if I can get them! :P)
Tentacruel(spinner)
Zapdos (Special defense)
Any idead on a good physcal tank to compliment this?
I have been thinking Skarmory for the SR setup, but that leaves me 3 of my core weak to eq/stone endge combo

This will be complimented with a prankster sableye for some more support, and two sweapers on each side of the spectrum

Ferrothorn would work better. It avoides Ground damage(I beleive). it is also a physical tank I belive, tho Snorlax could work for you and I think it learns SR somehow, and lures out fighting types sometimes for Zapdos. Just a thought.

Ferrothorn would work better. It avoides Ground damage(I beleive). it is also a physical tank I belive, tho Snorlax could work for you and I think it learns SR somehow, and lures out fighting types sometimes for Zapdos. Just a thought.
Ferrothorn doesn't resist ground. Snorlax (I'm pretty sure) doesn't get SR either.

Ferrothorn doesn't resist ground. Snorlax (I'm pretty sure) doesn't get SR either.
Huh, it doesn't, I thought I read that it did learn SR. anyways, Ferrothorn is normaly affected, by ground, but I thought it would resist due to the grass typing. But it can learn ome moves to deal with ground to, while placing hazards

I really wanted to make a core using Cloyster as the star sweeper XD not sure what would have synergy though. Was thinking about Lati@s, Gliscor, and Mega Venasaur, as well as a spinner/fogger. Also was actually thinking of trying a Dual Screen Latias... Thoughts?

anyways, Ferrothorn is normaly affected, by ground, but I thought it would resist due to the grass typing.
Ferrothorn is half Steel-type, and Steel-type Pokemon are weak to Ground-type moves. This makes Ferrothorn neutral to Ground-type moves like Earthquake. Ferrothorn is usually used very defensively, not really trying to KO the opponent's Pokemon. However, there is a Choice Band set, a bit gimmicky but still usable (I don't really know how well it works, since I never ran into it or used it on my team in Generation V).

Ferrothorn is half Steel-type, and Steel-type Pokemon are weak to Ground-type moves. This makes Ferrothorn neutral to Ground-type moves like Earthquake. Ferrothorn is usually used very defensively, not really trying to KO the opponent's Pokemon. However, there is a Choice Band set, a bit gimmicky but still usable (I don't really know how well it works, since I never ran into it or used it on my team in Generation V).

Yeah, they said they wanted physical tank. And he can take Physical attacks, and also lire fire types possibly and since they have a water type pokemon it covers this.

So I've been using Reuniclus as a wall/stall, which he does amazing at, letting physical attackers batter themselves to death on him and stalling others to death with toxic. The only reliable counters i've faced (but they are reliable) are mons that can ignore psychic attacks and set up quickly enough to outlast toxic and one-shot him, particularly special attackers. but he's so useful, and always manages to bring dow at least one mon and cripple another, that I wanted to build around him. Then I thought, why not take advantage of his most reliable counter-strategy and use it against the opponent? Enter scarf Ditto with imposter:) and a third to round out the core with hazards and offense would be your basic spikes greninja.
So here's the core (forgive me if the format is wrong).

Greninja@ Life Orb
protean
252 SpAtt / 252 Spe / 4 HP modest (could switch to speed boosting nature)
Spikes
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Scald/surf/Hydro Pump

Reuniclus@ Rocky Helmet
Magic Guard
252 HP / split Def Sdef relaxed nature
Psyshock
toxic
recover
heal block

Ditto@Choice scarf
imposter
max hp

Basically, open with Greninja, either lay down spikes if you're safe (and to gain electric immunity) or immediately start attacking to put on pressure, and then when in danger, switch to Reuniclus, who can't be worn down thanks to magic guard and can stall out a poke or two all on his own, and eventually bait out a set up or two (or three or four as i find ends up being the necessity) and then when he goes down throw ditto out there to turn the sweep against them. if and when Ditto goes down, enough damage should have been done for greninja to come back in and clean.

So... what do you guys think?

Yeah, they said they wanted physical tank. And he can take Physical attacks, and also lire fire types possibly and since they have a water type pokemon it covers this.
Not sure what you're trying to say here, you need to put more thought into your posts #:)

But Ferrothorn can't deal with fire moves- he's 4x weak! (Not sure if that's what you meant)

Not sure what you're trying to say here, you need to put more thought into your posts #:)

But Ferrothorn can't deal with fire moves- he's 4x weak! (Not sure if that's what you meant)

I know, I did put thought into my post aswell. As I said Ferrothorn will lure in fire types, which the person has a Tentacruel to deal with them

Ferrothorn/Tentacruel is a classic core from last generation. I can attest to its continued effectiveness this gen having played around with it myself (much to the ire of my friends). However, this gen they lost the ghost/dark resistance on Ferrothorn and permarain weakening Ferrothorn's primary weakness while activating Tentacruel's rain dish.

It's not lost though. Clefable, Wigglytuff and Togekiss for instance can provide clerical support with wish passing while also providing fantastic defensive options due to fairyness. Clefable has aromatherapy prebank, magic guard or unaware and moonblast for a stab attack. Togekiss has healbell postbank and is flying type which while stealth rock weak makes grants it immunity to Garchomp and other earthquake spammers (who can otherwise break through FerroCruel) as well as a quadruple fighting resistance to go with its superior than Tentacruel physical bulk. Wigglytuff might seem a bit off, but has the niché of being able to walk into ghosts without giving a damn and the highest health of all three for the purpose of passing wishes, it also has gyroball just in case Ferrothorn's gyroball wasn't manly enough for you.

So I plan on running a Ferrothorn / Tentacruel / Clefable core for my team until postbank, which allows me to provide effective support for entry hazard vulnerable sweepers by spinning them away with Tentacruel, keeping everyone healthy with Clefable and having a powerful defensive pivot from Ferrothorn who happens to provide stealth rock support.
Right now though I've been working on the team and I'm running Goodra in Clefairy's place. Goodra's not really been pulling its weight, despite having laughed in the face of several special sweepers for multiple turns, but that's likely due to my own inexperience with dragon types.

Any core recommendations with a bellydrum Diggersby?
You definitely need a spinner or a defogger in your core so you're not KOing yourself due to toxic spikes stalling or spikes and you need to be able to say about one of your core pokémon "they have trouble with [blank], but I can safely switch in Diggersby as a check and belly drum on the switch". I believe checks for MachPunch Breloom and AquaJet Azumarill couldn't hurt (as well as the sucker punchers Absol, Khangaskhan and Mawile).

Togekiss gets defog from DPP and can deal with Breloom fairly easily and as I've stated above can offer wish support for a second shot at a bellydrum sweep (or just a regular one) but also a . If Togekiss is part of your core, I think Empoleon works great as a partner that has stealth rocks and also gets defog just in case you didn't have enough defog (Magnezone is preferable, but we have ulterior motives), it resists Azumarill's STABs not that it matters much after a bellydrum. Empoleon's Ground and fighting weaknesses are an immunity and something so resisted it might as well be an immunity for Togekiss where as all but one of Togekiss's weaknesses are resisted by Empoleon including a 4x steel and ice resistance. Both of these pokémon are weak to electricity, just begging for your opponent to let Diggersby to step in. You definitely want an answer to Magnezone appearing in front of Empoleon though.

But uh... Diggersby can learn Belly Drum?

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Chansey@ Eviolite
Bold, Natural Cure
252 Hp,252 Def,6 Sp def
Aromatherapy
Seismic Toss
Soft-Boil
Toxic

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish, Leftovers
Brave Bird
Roost
Whirlwind
Spikes

Florges@ Leftovers
Bold, Leftovers
Moonblast
Wish
Calm Mind
Protect

Gyarados@ Leftovers
Adamant, Intimidate
252 Hp, 200 Def, 56 Speed
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Waterfall
Earthquake

This is my "CressBlissSkarm" for 6thGenBeta with a Gyarados. They cover each other's weakness minus Fire/Electric/Rock(Neutral Damage). Blaziken/Talonflame/Charizard-X are the only real Physical Fire types in 6thGenbeta and Gyarados takes those Fire hits without a problem. Any Electric Attack is Special and I have Chansey and Florges for that. Skarmory takes Rock Attacks and just Roost's off the damage.

What do you guys think?
Loses to Gengar.

I've made two teams, and at their core has been: Gengar/Rotom-Wash/Gyarados/Bulky offensive steel. Between them:

1. There's no glaring weakness to entry hazards.
2. Gyarados is so necessary for Blaziken and general intimidate support.
3. Rotom-Wash is so necessary for Talonflame and easy switching.
4. Gengar is so necessary for Mega Kangaskhan, Gliscor, and does a great job offensively.
5. Bulky steel is so necessary as a pivot.

Last edited:
You definitely need a spinner or a defogger in your core so you're not KOing yourself due to toxic spikes stalling or spikes and you need to be able to say about one of your core pokémon "they have trouble with [blank], but I can safely switch in Diggersby as a check and belly drum on the switch". I believe checks for MachPunch Breloom and AquaJet Azumarill couldn't hurt (as well as the sucker punchers Absol, Khangaskhan and Mawile).

Togekiss gets defog from DPP and can deal with Breloom fairly easily and as I've stated above can offer wish support for a second shot at a bellydrum sweep (or just a regular one) but also a . If Togekiss is part of your core, I think Empoleon works great as a partner that has stealth rocks and also gets defog just in case you didn't have enough defog (Magnezone is preferable, but we have ulterior motives), it resists Azumarill's STABs not that it matters much after a bellydrum. Empoleon's Ground and fighting weaknesses are an immunity and something so resisted it might as well be an immunity for Togekiss where as all but one of Togekiss's weaknesses are resisted by Empoleon including a 4x steel and ice resistance. Both of these pokémon are weak to electricity, just begging for your opponent to let Diggersby to step in. You definitely want an answer to Magnezone appearing in front of Empoleon though.

But uh... Diggersby can learn Belly Drum?
omg pardon, Can't believe I said Belly Drum. I meant to say Agility. LOL

Agility Diggersby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)