Google Chrome -- A web browser by Google

Are you saying that on sites like veoh, dailymotion and similar sites have the same bad formatting with chrome. I no likey.

I use video-based sites all the time. Mostly to watch some anime or videos of battles, etc.
I went on one site that uses a similar Flash-based video as YouTube, and I was in Incognito mode. Still had troubles loading. I know this because on Firefox, I have a Flash Blocker which marks Flash objects with a little play button. (This is useful on YouTube because I can choose when to play the video - it doesn't play automatically.) The videos on both websites both require you to press the little play button before they load or being playing.

I still prefer Chrome, though, mainly because I usually navigate text-based sites.

Because I do spend a lot of time on video sites, I cannot be completely dedicated to chrome but for sites likes smogon, I could get used to chrom.

I really like the look and feel of Chrome. Currently, I have only two concerns. One, that the scroll button is not clickable to zoom through long pages, and two, current lack of adblocking options. I'm sure this will be fixed up by the official release, so I'm not too dissapointed.

I don't think it actually takes up less resources to run it, because every tab runs separately while Firefox runs as a package.

Also, I noticed that the bookmark organization system is a pain. I really like how Firefox lets you manage bookmarks in a separate window.

I doubt Chrome will have an adblocking thing considering they are in the advertising business (Adsense and Adwords)

I don't know what you people are saying that chrome is faster, it freezes every 10 minutes, and is really slow. Firefox doesn't freeze very often for me. Maybe once or twice bimonthly. Bookmarks are to hard to access. Where are the bookmarks?

I doubt Chrome will have an adblocking thing considering they are in the advertising business (Adsense and Adwords)
firefox doesn't have an adblocking thing, per se. it is an add-on, however i have my doubts as to whether a similar product could ever come up for chrome even IF a similar add-on API was released for it.

I don't know what you people are saying that chrome is faster, it freezes every 10 minutes, and is really slow. Firefox doesn't freeze very often for me. Maybe once or twice bimonthly. Bookmarks are to hard to access. Where are the bookmarks?
it's a beta, come on :(

also you know, you have a quick bookmark access bar like firefox when you click on new tab..

bookmarks aren't really needed as when you create a new tab it brings up your 9 most visited sites, but if you do need them create a new tab and they're on the top bar. i have no idea how your's is freezing and going slow, because the engine chrome runs is far superior to firefox's. Also, it shouldn't be your computer because chrome uses less processor speed and RAM. And chrome has never froze or crashed for me, and i downloaded it about 4 minutes after it came out.

and joshua, adblock is an addon, so when chrome get's addons (coming soon lol) anyone who can program could make an adblock plugin and it would be allowed.

And for all the people who are complaining that the middle click doesn't work, it does for most mice and all you have to do is right click new tab it anyways if it doesn't work.

Just because you have that problem does not mean everyone else does. Chrome is faster for me. I have never dealt with it freezing. The bookmarks are easily accessible for me. I just click the wrench and hit "always show bookmarks bar."

And for all the people who are complaining that the middle click doesn't work, it does for most mice and all you have to do is right click new tab it anyways if it doesn't work.
hrm, i guess a lot of misunderstanding has cropped up. middle clicking a link DOES open a new tab without switching focus to it. however, middle clicking on a non-hyperlinked section of a scrollable page doesn't cause the circle with arrows to appear, and you can't scroll by middle clicking once and moving the mouse.

Okay, so I have been using Chrome for a while now, and i really don't like it as much as FF =/

The large space and minimalist look is nice, but It doesn't make up for the fact that I don't notice a speed difference and it rather slowly runs my Tabbed browsing (I have around 10+ open at a time). This may be due to my older computer, but im not upgrading my PC just so Chrome runs better for me!

Also, no adblock right off the bat is pretty annoying :(

Hopefully the full release will be even MORE streamlined and will include addons and ad block!

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The only issues I have with Chrome are the lack of middle click+scroll and lack of middle click+Back/Forward. Also, I don't know how to make ActiveX stuff like Flash games run in Chrome. Could someone link me to the java plugin?

Sorry for necroing this thread, but I have some awesome news. Google Chrome now has addons (called extensions). I know that many people were turned off the browser because they were so used to being able to use Ad-ons in Firefox. If you were one of those people I would suggest trying the browser again. You can now use many of the add-ons you had for Firefox like AdBlock (AdThwart), Xmarks, Flashblock, etc..

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, I saw that earlier. I'm very tempted to jump on now that it has AdThwart with EasyList. I feel guilty ditching the non-profit that has served me so well for MegaCorporation Google though :( But if Mozilla doesn't fix the memory issues...

Does Chrome have a NoScript or similar extension? Firefox's NoScript is really the only reason I'm still using it over Chrome.

One thing I don't like with google chrome is that I can't Copy and Paste pictures (for cmt's for example..) and it also doesn't paste the formatting. Also, when I edit posts it shows all the HTML (or whatever it is) and makes it hard to edit. I always have to switch back over to firefox for these things. Is there any way to fix it?

I just got Google Chrome after reading this thread and I am amazed at how much faster it loads certain webpages (such as Facebook) than Firefox. That alone is enough to make it my new default browser, especially since I didn't really use any extensions on Firefox.

Also, someone mentioned this back in September, but whatever caused that problem about the forum's Thread Tools and Search boxes has been fixed. Just in case anyone cared.

It doesn't seem to like the forum's enhanced text editting options, however; everything comes up with the "[<syntax>][/<syntax>]" instead of actually making stuff bold or hyperlinked or whatever.

I like Chrome a lot, however, Firefox's adblock seems to block certain things that Chrome doesn't. Mainly, sound ads.

Is there a way to set up Chrome to work the same way? Not sure if there's a plugin that doesn't require a lot of fiddling with the browser and such.

I like Chrome a lot, however, Firefox's adblock seems to block certain things that Chrome doesn't. Mainly, sound ads.

Is there a way to set up Chrome to work the same way? Not sure if there's a plugin that doesn't require a lot of fiddling with the browser and such.
AdThwart should work.

When I try to add extensions, I always get an error message:
Invalid value for 'permissions[0]'.

What does this mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)