Graphics cards

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is more of a one shot thread but I need to buy a new laptop tomorrow, I mostly play Hearthstone, FTL, and watch netflix, twitch, and YouTube on my laptop so is there a minimum graphics card I should watch out for or will all of them do it?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Assuming Hearthstone is some sort of 2D game pretty much all that shit will run fine on any laptop you can get your hands on nowadays.

Unless youre paying like less than $100 or something ridiculous. Any reasonably specced laptop will do all that just fine.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hearthstone runs on max setting in HD on any on-board current Graphics card nowadays. If that's the most resource intensive stuff you run then you don't really need a graphics card to be honest.

Hearthstone runs on ipads, you'd be fine with a run-of-the-mill integrated graphics card if that's the highest level of gaming you do.

That being said, if you can find a deal for a laptop without an integrated graphics card, dedicated is almost always better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)