Grass Knot glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Anyway, I was making a team up and I ran some custom sets so I asked my friend (coreyk) to give it a test battle (I was Junkie), but what happened here is that my Celebi's Grass Knot did a surprising amount to his heatran.

To be exact:

Junkie switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
Pointed stones dug into Celebi.
Celebi lost 12% of its health.
Hippowdon used Earthquake.
It's not very effective...
Celebi lost 13% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Celebi is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Celebi lost 6% of its health.
Celebi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Celebi restored 6% of its health.
---
coreyk switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Pointed stones dug into Heatran.
Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Celebi used Grass Knot.
Heatran lost 76% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Heatran's leftovers restored its health a little!
Heatran restored 6% of its health.
---
Junkie: holy shit
coreyk: wtf
coreyk: lmao
coreyk: wait
Junkie: did you EV it?
Junkie: rofl!
coreyk: its evd in sp.def and hp...
Junkie: :O
Celebi used Grass Knot.
Heatran lost 77% of its health.
coreyk's Heatran fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
coreyk: wtf
applez has entered the room.
coreyk: lmao
Junkie: i honestly have no clue
coreyk: isnt it 25%
Junkie: i had no investment

My Celebi has no sp. atk EVs and a neutral nature. His Heatran has 276 sp. def stats. The damage calc AMF made says that the GK should have done 27-33 hit points. I've pastebinned the battle logs to this link: http://pastebin.com/m72ade024

Was this on the CAP ladder? There was a glitch there involving GK doing an insane amount of damage, but that involved a crit.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Was this on the CAP ladder? There was a glitch there involving GK doing an insane amount of damage, but that involved a crit.
Smogon server, Ubers ladder.

I bring in my Ludicolo to see the glitch in action. 100% on Palk. Giratina-O, 100%. His Breloom also took 100%. None of my hits were Crits, but I left after that.

edited at Rotom's request

yeap..this is a glitch and was proved by ReyScarface ...

I dont have the log but, +6 Specs Overgrow GK did over 80 million % to Onix with crits, yes, thats insane

oh well...

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If people are abusing the glitch let one of the mods know (I'm on right now). We'll deal accordingly until colin or one of the programmers get around to fixing it. Thanks

No, the Smogon server. I used it in one battle with my Ubers rain team. Kyogre OHKO'ed Rotom's lead Mew with Water Spout, he brings in Palkia, a Crit OHKO with Thunder. I bring in my Ludicolo to see the glitch in action. 100% on Palk. Giratina-O, 100%. His Breloom also took 100%. None of my hits were Crits, but I left after that.
I can indeed confirm this on what happened with my game against him.The glitch is not only on the standard ladder ethier.

Yeah, it seems something like the Fly glitch a few months back. Low kick seems to be fine though, so it's just grass knot. It's also not infinite, as a grass knot does about 40% to a Jumpluff, which is still high considering 4x resisting + low weight.

Also:
Sceptile used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Onix lost 83036218% of its health.
supermarth64's Onix fainted.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Looks like Grass Knot is dealing 10 times the damage it should deal. Heatran should have been dealt around 7.6%, not 76%. Maybe this can help the debugging?

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ya its pretty wacked out right now; I've been warning people all night

As X-Act said, its off by a factor of around 10%....

anyway, here is something funny we did for awhile to abuse grass knot
Anarchism switched in Kabuto (lvl 1 Kabuto ♂).
Sceptile used Grass Knot. It's super effective!
Kabuto lost 38989082% of its health.
Anarchism's Kabuto fainted.

ah, my bad. i heard there was a grass knot glitch
so i used a scarf celebi lead with only grass knot and saw what happened

it was pretty hilarious actually, but i left before i got the win. that would just be cheap.

lol @ 90% to blissey

and lol @ the 80 mil to onix.. XD

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Smogon server, Ubers ladder.

I bring in my Ludicolo to see the glitch in action. 100% on Palk. Giratina-O, 100%. His Breloom also took 100%. None of my hits were Crits, but I left after that.

edited at Rotom's request
Actually, this was on the Smogon Server as a challenge (not Find Tab.) and we played with OU's.

Why would this glitch suddenly pop up? Just various tweaks that are made to shoddy throughout the weeks?

Yep, welcome to the Grass Knot metagame.

I have experienced this glitch numerous times ( where a blissy took over 80% damage from a grass knot.)

edit:

<iShedinja> Alright. Bulbasuar (modest, specs, NO overgrow) vs Standard banded scizor
<iShedinja> Bulbasaur used Grass Knot.
<iShedinja> It's not very effective...
<iShedinja> Scizor lost 167% of its health.
<iShedinja> -tauros-'s Scizor fainted.

I have experienced this glitch myself, and in fact hosted a Grass Knot tourney about an hour after this happened (1338's idea, and he won). The only Pokemon who can convincingly live a Grass Knot are Jirachi, Jumpluff, and Shedinja. I can confirm that THE DAMAGE FROM GRASS KNOT IS NOT MULTIPLIED BY TEN. Celebi and Jirachi, who should take the exact same amount, do not; Celebi is ohko'd and Jirachi takes around 35%. Furthermore, Jumpluff, even with a 4x resist, should not be 5HKO'd by an attack that can OHKO Heatran (who also has a 4x resist). The glitch is something else entirely, but I have no idea what it is.

Furthermore, Jumpluff, even with a 4x resist, should not be 5HKO'd by an attack that can OHKO Heatran (who also has a 4x resist). The glitch is something else entirely, but I have no idea what it is.
it has 20 base power against jumpluff and 120 base power against heatran, so...

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Grass Knot is apparently okay now. We don't know exactly what was wrong, but hopefully this is the last we've seen of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)