GroundWater - Dual Weather Team peaked at #100 -

Hi Smogon, I am going to show you my most recently team, with very good results, making me #100 on PO. I wanted to do an u-turn rain team with the Scizor and Rotom-W combination, but while I was doing it I saw that I needed Hippowdon to complete my team and cover some important threats, and Sandstorm was a good support for the team, making me win the Weather War to Sun and Hail always, do some residual damage which paired with some entry hazards can be a pain and make Landorus a beast. Well, I hope you like this original team, I wanted to do a good presentation.

1st step:

I always loved this u-turn combination, it has got a very good sinergy, coverage, and forces a lot of switches, paired with hazards, it is very powerful.

2nd step

I wanted to do an U-turn Rain Team, then, I needed the Rain summoner to do the strategy, the rain is very beneficial to the Scizor-Rotom U-turn combination, weakening fire attacks that scares scizors like HP Fire from Latios and makes Rotom have a very powerful Hydropump and a 100% accuracy Thunder.

3rd step

Ground-Water pokemon like Gastrodon, dragons like Haxorus and Rotom-W were a pain to my team, and I needed Spikes support to make my "U-turn team" more useful.

4th step

I wanted some scout that resist fight and that hits very hard by the physical side, Landorus was the perfect pokémon, and I had problems with Volcarona, under the rain, he won't do too much damage (around 50% with +1 Fiery Dance) and I can KO him thanks to Stone Edge

Final step

And the final, the more important and the most difficult step, it changed totally the idea of the team, I needed protect vs some Fighting types like BU Conkeldurr, Terrakion, Toxicroak and some more and I needed Rocks and a Phazer, Hippowdon is perfect for all mentioned, and the SS gives more power to Landorus and some more residual damage.

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Roar

- Function: Physical Wall, Phazer and Weather Summoner 1

- Explanation: He is a very important member in the team because of the SS support and because he can stop most dangerous physicall sweepers in all the metagame, that is very important because nowadays 50% of the teams uses Dragonite, and I can stop him thanks to Hippo (except of special versions that are walled by Ferrothorn). He takes 44.52%-52.86% from Close Combat from CB Terrakion (Always 3HKO thanks to leftovers). There is not much more to say, it is an awesome pokémon that is not very used.

Roar is the 2nd most important thing in the set, I can get a lot of damage if I have some good luck with the switches.

Hippowdon have got another big advantage over Tyranitar: He is not afraid of Dugtrio or Wobbuffet then the typical sun with Dugtrio is not a problem

The EVs are obviously to take properly the Physical Attack.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Function: Special Revenge Killer

- Explanation: This is the MVP and the center of the main strategy of the team, when the rival's team is low HP thanks to my Hazards, SS and U-turn/Volt Switch, he switchs in under the rain and sweep the foe's entire team. I am thinking in put HP Grass to the repulsive gastrodons that give me some problems if they burn Ferrothorn in the switch with Scald...

Maybe some people will see strange that I don't use Trick, but I think it is not necesary because I lose priority and I'd never use trick, I need to finish the battle with Rotom

The EVs are the typical for any special sweeper, not much to say.

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

- Function: Physical Sweeper and Scout

- Explanation: The best partner ever for Rotom-W, he helps me to do some damage to the final sweep from Rotom-W, he counters most of Psychic Types (Reuniclus, Alakazam, Espeon, Lati@s when he is under the rain to take HP Fire) and he have got a powerful priority move that is always good to stat uppers with low HP, Terrakion, etc.

It is very important to Celebi too because if Scizor is faint, he easily breaks all my team, anyway, if the rival has got Celebi, I must have Rain always up to take HP Fire and play carefully.

The EVs are a bit different from the standard, these EVs make Scizor take better the hits from Latios and Reuniclus, this is very important to trap them with pursuit and if I want to take a physical attack I can always switch in Hippowdon.

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

- Function: Annoyer, Baton Pass counter and Weather Summoner 2

- Explanation: The another pillar of the team, he supports my entire team with powerful Hydropumps and Thunders and more resistance to Fire. Toxic is awesome to Rotom-W that usually switchs in and thanks to protect, I can do more residual damage and see the foe's pokémon set, scald is very annoying to Ferrothorns that come in to wall me if I burn them. That pokémon helps a lot when I battle Baton Pass teams, but anyway, I don't see them now and helps too with the final pokémon if he is an annoying thing like Sigyliph.

These EVs take him more durability, he doesn't need SpA because Scald under the rain has an acceptable power, and it is used basically to burn the opponent.

Landorus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

- Function: Physical Stat-Up Sweeper

- Explanation: I love this set, when the rival is going to switch I put a sub, it is very helpful to Quagsire that things that I am going to use SD and I always can get an extra damage or a 2HKO with the necesaries entry hazards under the Sandstorm, the only problem is that he can't do anything when facing Gligar or Gliscor, fortunately I can check them with Rotom-W or Politoed.

In the beggining, with the u-turn idea I though in make him Scarf, but I prefer how Rotom-W does it, because is only stopped by Ferrothorn, Chansey, Blissey and a few more while Scarf Landorus is stopped by Bronzong, Skarmory, Gliscor, and EQ can be predicted easily, making things like gengar more annoying.

He benefits a lot of the Ferrothorn's paralysis support, but I need some hax to put the sub when he cannot move :3

EVs typical for a Physical Sweeper

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

- Function: Mixed Wall and Spiker

- Explanation: Some Physical Dragons and waters were a pain to my team (see Haxorus, Rotom-W, Gastrodon) and I had Rain support; obviously, Ferrothorn was my pokémon, thanks to the Spikes, I can do a lot of damage to the opponent team and with leech seed I can get some recovery to mine,Thunder Wave is for Scizor that things Power Whip or Leech Seed to do Superpower or U-turn predicting the switch, but they are wrong, I slow the rival's fast sweepers and then they are useless. That helps a lot to the Landorus' sweep. The leech seed are VERY important on this team (extra recovery on Politoed mainly) because my sweepers are fragile, and any neutral attack can do a lot of damage, Landorus have got a special mention because with leech seed he can put a lot of subs that help sometimes to wait for the miss from attack with low accuracy and get a free kill.

The EVs are the standard, that make him resist very well from both sides (Physical and Special).

The team has got two main strategies:

1: Do residual damage with Hazards, Sand, etc. and sweep with Scarf Rotom-W.

2: Paralyze the rival's fastest sweepers and sweep with Landorus under the Sandstorm.

Anyway, the team requires to be used a lot to be effective, it is hard to adapt to Dual Weather and like any team, it requires prediction.

I will do it tomorrow.

Rosh Love for helping me on the presentation.

Fernan for helping me on the presentation too.

All my clan for making me a better player.

To me for post this RMT and peak at #100 :3

I hope you like the team, if you see something wrong, contact me ^^.

You can use photoshop. We get it.

Anyway, I like your creativity but you should really put more explaining into this rmt. I havn't read all of it but I've already noticed one thing.

He takes 44.52%-52.86% from Close Combat (Always 3HKO thanks to leftovers). There is not much more to say, it is an awesome pokémon that is not very used.
Did you mean outrage? If not, what kind of close combat were you talking about?

Anyway, make your rmt more indepth and I'll look over it again.

Sorry I wanted to say Close Combat from CB Terrakion.

Corrected, thanks you.

I have expanded a bit some descriptions, but anyway I can't say much, my english level really sucks T_T

If you really wanted to stop Dragonite with Hippo I think you would want to use Ice Fang, but Roar is good too. The problem I see with Hippo on this team is that its just there, all it does is lay down SR and provide SS, you're primary physical wall would be Ferrothorn.

I know you have the Rain and Scizor, but Nasty Plot Celebi can really run through this team with just HP Fire and Giga Drain.

So in place of Landorus I would suggest a Bulky DD Dragonite.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

The problem with running dual weather is that Pokes won't be able to perform as well as they would be able to otherwise if there was just one. This lead to some weird stuff like above where you can't have Fire Punch nor a Rain abuse set.

Other than using Hippowdon and Landorus this is just a typical rain team. Dual weather won't be able to work that well since very few Pokes will be able to function at there best in both. You won't be able to fit in a Water/Ground because of the Celebi problem.

But Dragonite is not bennefited by the SS and if I remove Hippowdon from the team, the idea of the team changes, it is like make a Stall a Full-Off, I need advices without changing the strategy of the team, but anyway, thanks you for the proposition.

Well, continue helping me please ^^

+2 Close Combat vs Impish 252/252 Hippowdon = 75.95% - 89.29% and then I OHKO him with EQ

Anyway, he is a threat if Hippo is not full.

Any suggestion?

For stop Lucario's sweep, you can try ScarfZor > CBZor, ScarfZor is the surprise factor that can be an awesome check for your team for stopping pokemon like HPFireLatios, Lucario and also Heatran (without Choice Scarf).
If you need some OHKO from the CB set, for stop Lucario you can also try Gliscor > Landorus, with many evs to the speed, like this:
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt / Sword Dance
- Protect

With this set you will always outspeed SDCario, also the jolly that usually runs Ice Punch.

Gl for the leaderboard.

I can see nasty plot celebi being a major problem to this team, especially if your rain goes down. Gengar could be a decent check for that. besides that seems like a nice creative team.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Like they have said, you are weak to NP celebi. However, I don't think dragonite will help you at all, because factoring in LO and Stealth rock (you don't have a spinner), you will still loose to celebi. I don't see how can really fix the problem, but maybe changing landorus to Latias or Scarf Hydreigon can fix the problem.

Also, if you don't really need sand, you can use Sand Power hippowdon, I think it was released 2 weeks ago. However, I'm not sure if it can use stealth rock :/ Look if he can...

it looks more likw a team that i'd like to battle....whats ur POKEMON ONLINE name next time i see u id really like to challenge this mine is Canadian Brandon and I play on POKEMON ONLINE server :)

I think that I am going to use acroBAT set from Gliscor, with it I can do a surprise OHKO to NP Celebi and to Lucario (with 216 Speed jolly nature), with Sand Veil and paralysis support he can put Substitutes easily. I will test it today.

Like Destiny Unknow said, Dragonite in a team with sand and without spinner is not too useful.

PD: Toronto, I usually test with Heix name, but I am in Smogon, I hate PO T_T they use excadrill and some more abusing things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)