Lower Tiers GSC Ubers?

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I know how much you hate it but Celebi also does a good job of checking Ttar. It can force it out with Psong or stall it out indefinitely with Leech Seed + Recover. If you're really scared of letting Ttar get to +4 and murdering you with a crit I guess you could use HP Grass to deal with it. Celebi has a dearth of good options for that 4th slot anyway.

Also the aforementioned Steelix wrecks it unless Ttar Fire Blasts, but that means it's either giving up Rest or Roar. Probably Roar, but without Roar it's pretty limited.

Charmbreon stalls it indefinitely.

If you're really afraid of missing Submissions HP Fighting is always an option, granted the HP and Attack drops are pretty noticeable.

Ttar is pretty scary in theory. In practice I think he falters because everything he could switch in on has something to ruin his day.

But Zapdos is doing 30-60% on things, or you can para with 100% success rate. Miltank is doing 15-20% to things. Miltank should rarely be attacking, since that's really a waste of a turn imo. Same thing with celebi, what is honestly being hit with psychic? Heracross?

Skarm is probably better than what I made it out to sound, but it's still no Lugia. I'd probably explode on skarm with snorlax or something after sleeping it. LK SD curselax is tough to stop with just one poke.

@jorgen: Once you seed it, you can just switch to your own curser [that's not ho-oh]. I don't see ttar doing anything because it's weak to everything. Except maybe mono lax. Even switching in on ho-oh risks a burn/eq.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The problem with just going Curser is that Ttar Curses up alongside it and just Roars it out. Leech Seed only makes the setup process slightly more annoying for it unless you can actually hit Ttar back.

The way I see you dealing with it is Seeding it, waiting for it to Rest, then bringing in Mew to SD in its face and smack it with Submission.

If Mew is gone I don't know what you do unless you have something special for Ttar (e.g., HP Grass Celebi, Steelix) or have Curse Mewtwo and predict the Rest turn to get more than one +1 Submission in against it.

If you're going to combat CurseTar with Submission, you need it to be sleeping so that you can boost without Ttar Roaring you out, because without a boost unSTABbed Submission just isn't doing enough to a boosted Ttar to force it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)