Resource Guide to the ORAS OU metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the OP, it states that Evasion moves are banned. Does that also apply for Sand Veil and Snow Cloak? I remember them to be banned last gen, but I've been awol from OU for a long while, and there's an OU tourney coming, and I'm in doubt about it.

In the OP, it states that Evasion moves are banned. Does that also apply for Sand Veil and Snow Cloak? I remember them to be banned last gen, but I've been awol from OU for a long while, and there's an OU tourney coming, and I'm in doubt about it.
No, the ban was removed after the duration of weather was nerfed this gen. Outside of one particular team, it's not as common as before since most users have better things to do nowadays.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I added FullLifeGames sprite converter for useful links. Heads up to anyone who reads this there is a glitch in adding megas but it's not too hard to remedy. just add the text "-m" after the dex number of the Pokemon and in the case of a therian form for the genies "-s" while Char-X and Char-Y is just "-mx" or "-my". I remember some of the exceptions so just ask me if need be. I'm almost going to take time later in the day to organize OP a little into different subcategories while updating links in general. Feel free to suggest any ideas in terms of categorizing and links in general.

Edit: Read Below

Last edited:
I added FullLifeGames sprite converter for useful links. Heads up to anyone who reads this there is a glitch in adding megas but it's not too hard to remedy. just add the text "-m" after the dex number of the Pokemon and in the case of a therian form for the genies "-s" while Char-X and Char-Y is just "-mx" or "-my". I remember some of the exceptions so just ask me if need be. I'm almost going to take time later in the day to organize OP a little into different subcategories while updating links in general. Feel free to suggest any ideas in terms of categorizing and links in general.
I actually realized the bugs you mentioned as well and already fixed them, so the version at the moment should already put the "-s", "-m" or "-mx" or "-my" to the link. Sorry that I didn't told you that already!

What you have to do, to get the sprite of the Mega, is use the "-Mega" version in teambuilder or add "-Mega" to the Pokemon in the importable. (or "-Mega-X" or "-Mega-Y").

What I noticed in this thread is, that the link to the Viability Ratings, links to the old thread and not the new one.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shadow_Sneak

Please update the calculator to the one in boltsandbombers' post on page 2:
But wait, there's an even more updated damage calc!
http://gamut-was-taken.github.io/gen6-damage-calc/
(Was posted a few days ago and gamut made a bunch of modifications to make stuff go smoother and added more of the sets taken from the dex)
This calc has more updated spreads as well as including Hoopa-Unbound and the moves Hyperspace Fury and Hyperspace Hole. Also regular Hoopa's base stats are correct (PS' calculator has them a bit wrong).

Just a couple of notes Shadow_Sneak
  • I noticed that the role compendium you mention in the OP still links to the old one when the one listed by Human Mystery Box two posts up is the one that is more up-to-date
  • In the OP, you list Landorus-I under the item bans. It seems off from a consistency stand point since none of the other mons that went from being OU to being banned (i.e. Greninja) are listed there.

Just a couple of notes Shadow_Sneak
  • I noticed that the role compendium you mention in the OP still links to the old one when the one listed by Human Mystery Box two posts up is the one that is more up-to-date
  • In the OP, you list Landorus-I under the item bans. It seems off from a consistency stand point since none of the other mons that went from being OU to being banned (i.e. Greninja) are listed there.
Lando I done anyways can you link the new team building comoendium it just makes editing easier for me as I am still on a mobile device.

I just noticed today that the github link for the up-to-date Pokemon Calculator results in a 404 error. Does anyone know if there's a new link floating around that should be used?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just noticed today that the github link for the up-to-date Pokemon Calculator results in a 404 error. Does anyone know if there's a new link floating around that should be used?
the pokemon showdown calc has pretty much everything except hoopa u iirc

the pokemon showdown calc has pretty much everything except hoopa u iirc
True, but I believe the one in the OP had more up-to-date sets, Hoopa-U, and some other features. If possible, it'd be nicer that one could be relocated. Either way, the link in the OP should probably at least link to the Showdown calc if no one knows the new link to the github calc

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
True, but I believe the one in the OP had more up-to-date sets, Hoopa-U, and some other features. If possible, it'd be nicer that one could be relocated. Either way, the link in the OP should probably at least link to the Showdown calc if no one knows the new link to the github calc
try this: http://augmt.github.io/gen6-damage-calc/ credit to fleggumfl for giving me the link to this new calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)