Hacking parents for good IVs

Do you think it's bad to hack the parents of the pokemon you want to breed to have all 31 IVs and the appropriate nature? I'm not asking whether all hacking is bad, just this specific instance.

Some people mind it whereas others don't. I, for one, don't mind as chances are the pokemon I've recieved had hacked parents and there is currently no method of checking whether the parents were hacked (and I doubt there ever will be) either.

If you're going to trade them, make sure that you alert the person who's recieving them first.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Lol, why not hack the Pokemon you want in the first place? It doesn't make sense to hack the parents and then go through the strenuous task of breeding!

I think both approaches would be considered illegal anyway.

Lol, why not hack the Pokemon you want in the first place? It doesn't make sense to hack the parents and then go through the strenuous task of breeding!

I think both approaches would be considered illegal anyway.
That is so true, if you just hack the parents, it would just be you trying to wez your way out of hacking half way, to me it still would be hacking and stupid to try that.

well if you hack the parent's to have all 31 Iv's you can skip pretty much a ton of the breeding process of getting 3 31iv's on the parent's. then you have a baby that will soon have those 3 31's, and no one could possibly tell.

so really it's just a cruel way of scaming people.

although I guess you could do it if you don't have time to breed, but don't want feel completly guilty of hacking or something. lol

Hacking parents make the children semi-legit, which is the same as hacked.

This is not the first thread made about this....

Hacking parents make the children semi-legit, which is the same as hacked.
I think you can't exactly call them semi-legit, since semi-legit is considered acceptable in many cases (Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai). A whole new subset is created for babies with hacked parents, a subset called "still hacked."

As I said above, semi-legit is the same as hacked, but you're right, because semi-legit stuff is acceptable, like Darkrai, Arceus and Shaymin.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The only reason you'd want to hack parents and breed them is if you wanted to be a douche and claim your 31-straight pokes aren't hacked, since you can't check. But that breaks the number one rule of life, "dont be a dick [by hacking and claiming you dont]". Just say you hack game-legal pokes and you'll still be able to battle some people.

This, in my opinion, is just a tricky way of getting good bred Pokemon. You have a much higher chance than everyone else to get a good IV'ed Pokemon, which is unfair. This is nearly as bad as hacking the Pokemon itself.

However, if you do insist on trading them notify the person you're trading with.

This, in my opinion, is just a tricky way of getting good bred Pokemon. You have a much higher chance than everyone else to get a good IV'ed Pokemon, which is unfair. This is nearly as bad as hacking the Pokemon itself.

However, if you do insist on trading them notify the person you're trading with.
This is way more stupid than hacking itself. Even tough you have good parents and a really higher chance, you'll still take some time to breed a pokemon that'll be considered hacked. It's just dumb.

Fine with me aslong it dosent screw up my game but i guess im mellow like that im not going to say "oh your stupid its still hacking" people take this subject up the ass.Its not really a big deal.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
No way! Catching Dittos is fun. :heart:

If you're gonna hack, then hack.

If you want legit Pokemon, then don't hack.

If you want to be somewhere inbetween the two, then you need to sort your priorities out.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here's how it works: If hacking is in any part of the process (excluding the SR Event Tickets), it's not legit and don't claim it is. ¿Comprende?

Also, I'll bet a Meditite that your shiny Giratina was hacked.

If you want to get respect, don't hack. Work for your pokemon like we all do. And btw are you Madcat from serebii? I went there 6 months ago and remember you.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Again with this?

I agree with everyone who said hacking perfect parents is stupid. Although I did this because I thought passing all my good pokés from my Pearl to the R4, clone all of them and trading them back would be too time-consuming... In the end, I just spent two hours.
But all the hacks I made had the same damn IVs, Nature, moves and gender the legit ones had in the Pearl (again, I just didn't thought trading them to clone would be so fast).
The only "hack" I kept was Too_Hungry's Koffing and a Misdreavus I got with someone here. But now, I'm using his... grandsons, and I don't believe anyone would still call the offsprings hacked by now, by any means...

Although I'm checking their IVs with Pokésav >_> But still, I hatch even the crappy Eggs (now, I have 210 Eggs to check). God, that's why I hate Hidden Power breeding.

I don't thinking hacking event tickets is as bad as hacking the parents...because you have the same exact chance of getting a good or bad SR'ed monster either way, you're not increasing your chance of getting a good one by hacking the ticket.

Hacking the ticket means either the event wasn't near you, or you didn't know about the event period. Hacked tickets IMO are fine.

Double/Triple perfect Legit dittos ftw! =)

There's enough good dittos around to not need to hack parents anyways.
Yeah I know, but hacking both parents is better if you have to get a pokemon with a lot of good stats, like Gyarados (HP, attack, defense, special defense, and speed).

Yeah I know, but hacking both parents is better if you have to get a pokemon with a lot of good stats, like Gyarados (HP, attack, defense, special defense, and speed).
Not really. You could jus ask people for their breed parents pokemon and use them instead. They don't need them anymore after they made their awesome pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)