Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I just bought Pokemon X and ORAS. I think i read somewhere that i cant use my old gen Pokemons from BW, HGSS, DPP, etc online. Is that true? Or is just in rated battles?

Could i use my V-Create Rayquaza from BW2 online?

I'm currently in Laverre City, but I want to replace my Simisear. The two options to replace it are Litwick or Torkoal - anything else and I'd have to do a crap ton of power levelling.

Which one should I pick?

I'm currently in Laverre City, but I want to replace my Simisear. The two options to replace it are Litwick or Torkoal - anything else and I'd have to do a crap ton of power levelling.

Which one should I pick?
Litwick imo. Torkoal is quad weak to ground and water and is really slow so will die a lot. Litwick on the other hand has one of the best SpA in the game and ghost is a great typing.

Edit@ below: holy crap really? I consider myself pretty good at knowing the Pokedex and I would have sworn blind that Torkoal was fire/rock. Sorry SwampySwampert. I still think Chandelure is better but yeah. Wonder if I have any others wrong in my head..

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Litwick imo. Torkoal is quad weak to ground and water and is really slow so will die a lot. Litwick on the other hand has one of the best SpA in the game and ghost is a great typing.
Not sure what you've been reading but Torkoal is pure fire typed. Not rock or ground as you appear to be implying...

Either way I would agree Litwick is better, but only if you have access to a Dusk Stone.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I just bought Pokemon X and ORAS. I think i read somewhere that i cant use my old gen Pokemons from BW, HGSS, DPP, etc online. Is that true? Or is just in rated battles?

It's just rated battles, yeah. If you just go into a normal battle - like say, picking someone random online or with a friend - you can use anything you want. Transfer up anything you like and you can use it :)

I went to Gamestop a bit more than a week ago to get the Volcanion code, but they said that I needed to pre order a copy of Sun or Moon. It wasn't a problem, since I planned to pre-order, but I was wondering are all Gamestops like this? Or only mine?

I went to Gamestop a bit more than a week ago to get the Volcanion code, but they said that I needed to pre order a copy of Sun or Moon. It wasn't a problem, since I planned to pre-order, but I was wondering are all Gamestops like this? Or only mine?
They're supposed to just give you the code for Volcanion. No preordering or purchasing needed, it's supposed to be free.

Alright, so I've hit a bit of a snag with my Black 2 in-game team. I just beat the PWT and am grinding up to go to Mistralton City:

Dewott, Lvl 28
- Water Pulse (about to replace with Surf once I get it)
- Razor Shell
- Cut
- Fury Cutter

Gothita, Level 26
- Psyshock
- Attract
- Rest
- Faint Attack

Volcarona, Lvl. 35
- Struggle Bug (planning to Heart Scale for Bug Buzz)
- Leech Life
- Fly
- Fire Spin (planning to Heart Scale for Fiery Dance)

Herdier, Lvl. 29
- Return
- Strength
- Work Up
- Crunch

Tranquill, Lvl. 28
- Fly
- Roost
- Air Cutter
- Quick Attack

Sandslash, Lvl. 29
- Bulldoze
- Sand Tomb
- Crush Claw
- Slash

The problem I have? Nothing I have is very good against Skyla. Gothita and Herdier can take out Swoobat with Faint Attack and Crunch, but Skarmory will beat up my Volcarona with Air Cutter and I don't have anything to beat Swanna with. The only two Electric moves I have access to from where I am are Thunder Punch and Volt Switch, neither of which anybody on my team learns.

What should I do? I don't have any options for this gym in my PC (Growlithe and Minccino, both underlevelled and neither will help here).

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Hey there! The "pentagon rule" where you can only use Pokemon obtained in generation 6 games is only enforced in the ranked mode in ORAS Battle Spot specifically. XY does not use this rule, nor does the PSS when battling passersby. If you want to use Pokemon from older games you'll have to either play ranked in XY, Free Battles in either XY or ORAS, challenging people yourself on the PSS, or the Battle Maison against the in-game trainers there.

It's extremely likely that Sun & Moon will also enforce a similar rule. If you're interested in online battle on your 3DS then make sure you check out our Battle Spot forum!

Alright, so I've hit a bit of a snag with my Black 2 in-game team. I just beat the PWT and am grinding up to go to Mistralton City:

Dewott, Lvl 28
- Water Pulse (about to replace with Surf once I get it)
- Razor Shell
- Cut
- Fury Cutter

Gothita, Level 26
- Psyshock
- Attract
- Rest
- Faint Attack

Volcarona, Lvl. 35
- Struggle Bug (planning to Heart Scale for Bug Buzz)
- Leech Life
- Fly
- Fire Spin (planning to Heart Scale for Fiery Dance)

Herdier, Lvl. 29
- Return
- Strength
- Work Up
- Crunch

Tranquill, Lvl. 28
- Fly
- Roost
- Air Cutter
- Quick Attack

Sandslash, Lvl. 29
- Bulldoze
- Sand Tomb
- Crush Claw
- Slash

The problem I have? Nothing I have is very good against Skyla. Gothita and Herdier can take out Swoobat with Faint Attack and Crunch, but Skarmory will beat up my Volcarona with Air Cutter and I don't have anything to beat Swanna with. The only two Electric moves I have access to from where I am are Thunder Punch and Volt Switch, neither of which anybody on my team learns.

What should I do? I don't have any options for this gym in my PC (Growlithe and Minccino, both underlevelled and neither will help here).
Hey bro. I just want to say that Growlithe is a great fire pokemon in this game. You should have a fire stone or two at this point. Try to lvl him up (I think he learn Flamethrower at lvl 35 or so) and use a fire stone on him. Get Volcarona out because his moveset is to crap till 70-80.

Sorry for double posting but i have a question. Is there anyway to get the EON ticket in ORAS at this point?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it. Thanks and one more thing. Im just starting the game (First gym). After what gym i can get Latios via Eon Ticket? (Im playing Saphire). I think i can get Latias after the 5 gym.
While you're better off waiting until after the Delta Episode to capture the legendary Pokemon that aren't forced upon you, (so as to be able to check with the IV Judge in the Battle Resort if you're interested in soft resetting) you can probably capture the second of the Eon duo after the first has joined you. (which is after defeating Norman)

Hey bro. I just want to say that Growlithe is a great fire pokemon in this game. You should have a fire stone or two at this point. Try to lvl him up (I think he learn Flamethrower at lvl 35 or so) and use a fire stone on him. Get Volcarona out because his moveset is to crap till 70-80.
I'm in Reversal Mountain right now but I think I can manage to power level Growlithe. I also swapped Tranquill for Zoroark and Herdier for Axew.

Yes Tranquil is trash but you need a flyer. Volcarona is your other option. Herdier is greath but for me Axew is just too slow to lvl up.
Not necessarily on needing a flyer. I did just fine in my playthrough of White 2 without a permanent flyer, (final team was Serperior, Golduck, Ampharos, Darmanitan, Excadrill, and Scrafty) and IIRC, there's healing aplenty in several locations along the way in the game.

SwampySwampert I'd advise getting a hold of a Fighting type (or something that can learn a powerful Fighting move like Hammer Arm) to help deal with Kyurem and Ghetsis, which you'll have to fight later.

Can I get Heart Scales using Thief in ORAS? I went fishing last night but was 0/7 on getting Heart Scales from Luvdisc using Thief, since I didn't want to waste resources to catch them. Am I just really unlucky?

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can I get Heart Scales using Thief in ORAS? I went fishing last night but was 0/7 on getting Heart Scales from Luvdisc using Thief, since I didn't want to waste resources to catch them. Am I just really unlucky?
You can get them from my experience. Are you sure your Thief Pokémon isn't already holding an item?

You can but it seems you were just unlucky since it's 50% (I think). When I'm farming held items like that I use a Pokemon with frisk + thief such as Gothitelleto save time. Also thief does not steal an item if the Pokemon is already holding one, I've been caught out with that a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)