Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the massive dump of questions, but I don't see a thread on here strictly for Pokemon Amie. I don't think I understand how it works, and that's a problem for somebody who wants to raise a Sylveon. If there is one, link me to it. If there isn't, then...

- How do I raise the Affection meter? Do I just keep petting my Eevee to do it?
- What affects the Enjoyment meter? I thought it was playing the games, but now I don't know.
- I assume the hearts affect Affection, but what about the music notes? Is there a difference between the yellow notes and the black ones? Do the black ones mean Eevee's Enjoyment is dropping or something?
- Do the different colors / flavors of Poke Puffs matter? For example, would a Hasty Pokemon enjoy the Sweet puffs but dislike the Citrus (which I assume is the sour flavor)? I'm guessing Sweet = Sweet, Citrus = Sour, Mint = Dry, Mocha = Bitter, and Spice = Spicy, but can anyone confirm that?
- How does each meter drop? Does playing games lower the Pokemon's Hunger? What lowers the Enjoyment meter (or raise it, for that matter)?
- I hear there's a game where you can match your face with your Pokemon's face, but how do I access that? I see a face that appears for like a second (it reminds me of the "Toasty" face in Mortal Kombat), but I can't click on it. Am I just supposed to make the same expression as my Pokemon when I see that yellow face?
- And most importantly, I know Pokemon Amie will allow Eevee to evolve into Sylveon, but what do I need to do in it to actually make that happen? I assume max out all three stats, but how?

Something that allows me to pet an Eevee should not be this goddamn aggravating. But I spent about 40 minutes playing with an Eevee, I maxed out her hunger with mostly Mocha puffs, decided to play games with her to raise Enjoyment (the yarn game mostly), and then the next time I checked her stats, she had 2 hearts for Affection, but only 1 Puff for Fullness, and 1 for Enjoyment. I'm getting frustrated with this.

Has anyone found a water stone yet? If so, where (before/after what badge)?

My wartortle has a bad nature so I want a different water type, which I'm currently considering vaporeon.
I think after Shalour City, in the next route, You should be able to see a rock in a small cove of shallow water from land. You can surf there, and interacting with the rock will get you a water stone.

I don't remember what route exactly but I'm pretty sure it is between Shalour City and Coumarine City.

You need a Dusk Stone.

Can Old Amber be found in any smashable rock, or is there a particular place you need to be?
I've only found some rock smashing in Glittering Cave.

Sorry for the massive dump of questions, but I don't see a thread on here strictly for Pokemon Amie. I don't think I understand how it works, and that's a problem for somebody who wants to raise a Sylveon. If there is one, link me to it. If there isn't, then...

- How do I raise the Affection meter? Do I just keep petting my Eevee to do it?
- What affects the Enjoyment meter? I thought it was playing the games, but now I don't know.
- I assume the hearts affect Affection, but what about the music notes? Is there a difference between the yellow notes and the black ones? Do the black ones mean Eevee's Enjoyment is dropping or something?
- Do the different colors / flavors of Poke Puffs matter? For example, would a Hasty Pokemon enjoy the Sweet puffs but dislike the Citrus (which I assume is the sour flavor)? I'm guessing Sweet = Sweet, Citrus = Sour, Mint = Dry, Mocha = Bitter, and Spice = Spicy, but can anyone confirm that?
- How does each meter drop? Does playing games lower the Pokemon's Hunger? What lowers the Enjoyment meter (or raise it, for that matter)?
- I hear there's a game where you can match your face with your Pokemon's face, but how do I access that? I see a face that appears for like a second (it reminds me of the "Toasty" face in Mortal Kombat), but I can't click on it. Am I just supposed to make the same expression as my Pokemon when I see that yellow face?
- And most importantly, I know Pokemon Amie will allow Eevee to evolve into Sylveon, but what do I need to do in it to actually make that happen? I assume max out all three stats, but how?

Something that allows me to pet an Eevee should not be this goddamn aggravating. But I spent about 40 minutes playing with an Eevee, I maxed out her hunger with mostly Mocha puffs, decided to play games with her to raise Enjoyment (the yarn game mostly), and then the next time I checked her stats, she had 2 hearts for Affection, but only 1 Puff for Fullness, and 1 for Enjoyment. I'm getting frustrated with this.
Okay, let me see what I can do...

1. The affection meter requires a constant balance of food and enjoyment, supplemented by plenty of petting.
2. Yes, the Enjoyment meter is affected by playing mini games. It may also be affected by food, IDK.
3. In all my time training my Gardevoir to max affection, I never saw yellow or black musical notes (they indicate enjoyment btw) anywhere, so I'm afraid I can't help you here.
EDIT: considering that Espurr and Meowstic apparently have negative reactions to petting their ears, you may just be petting her too much. Moderation is the key.
4. No clue, never noticed a difference in my Gardevoir's reactions to her treats. One thing is certain though, the more elaborate the design of the poke-puff, the more effective it is.
5. Affection never drops, and food and enjoyment meters will drop over time (and yes, playing games does use up food.).
6. No clue.
7. Finally, you need max affection to evolve it, and it must also know a Fairy move.

Affection isn't exactly something you can grind up to max in a few hours. I picked up my Gardevoir as a little Ralts very early in the game and doted on her every step of the way. She finally reached max affection just before I hit Victory Road.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find a sun stone? I'm not too terribly far into the game but my Helioptile is kind of slowing me down without one

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone found a water stone yet? If so, where (before/after what badge)?

My wartortle has a bad nature so I want a different water type, which I'm currently considering vaporeon.
As soon as you get mega blastoise with 145 special attack nature doesn't really matter

I know it's early to be making strategies, but could someone help me to make a quick and easy Mega Abomasnow strategy that is extremely offensive? I'm planning on making an all-Ice team so Snow Warning as it's ability is fine. I figure Wood Hammer is a must but that's about it from I think. Help?

Are you able to change your skin after the beginning of the game? I remember seeing something about "skin treatments" in the leaks thread, but many places now say that you can't change skin after you choose the first time. Was that feature removed or something?
You can't change your skin tone after you pick it.
As a girl, the 'skin treatments' option at the PR Video place let me add freckles, but just for the video. They're removed, along with makeup, after shooting.
I'm not sure what options guys have (I think I read something about stickers?) or if more options get added later.

Does anyone know where I can find a sun stone? I'm not too terribly far into the game but my Helioptile is kind of slowing me down without one
Well, in Anistar city, at the very right of the giant crystal if you click it you will get a sunstone. But since you aren't that far, you can also acquire one by talking to the hiker on route 12. :)

If a Pokemon that doesn't participate in the battle holds a Lucky Egg with the Exp. Share activated, does it earn additional bonus experience?

Does anyone know if there is a trigger to start making your boutiques swap clothes at midnight. Mine don't swap at all while others seem to, and it's bugging me like crazy, I can't fulfill the artist girls request in the end game city because none of my hats count as "vivid" or whatever.

How does one obtain a Reset Bag in Super Training? I know you can punch the default bag and eventually get one, but does it matter if I'm punching the bag with a fully EV'd Pokémon or not? Also, does having the little happiness bubble help any? Thanks in advance.

Where do you find power items like Power Bracer? I want to start breeding, but do I have to grind for BP and purchase them? If anyone's just found them ingame, that would be a big help.

Is it confirmed Sligoo evolves into Goodra at 50 with rain on the field? I've leveled up in the rain for level 51(skipped 50 accidentally) and 52... and it ain't changing. I can never go back to those days when I can just enjoy the game. I MUST KNOW!

Where can I find Sableye? Serebii says Reflection Cave but after 70 encounters I'm starting to think it's not gonna show... certain time of day or certain part of the cave?

Is it confirmed Sligoo evolves into Goodra at 50 with rain on the field? I've leveled up in the rain for level 51(skipped 50 accidentally) and 52... and it ain't changing. I can never go back to those days when I can just enjoy the game. I MUST KNOW!
Lv. 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)